docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Then play at reasonable hours of the day. There's literally only two regions for matchmaking in DaS3: Japan, and Not Japan. If you're playing at peak hours in third-world shitholes, you'll get matched with them. Play when it's peak hours in your own country.

DaS > DeS >>> BB > DaS2 > DaS3

Been a while since we've done one of these.

To the guy struggling with New Londo:

Could be that Untended Graves is a peek into the world outside of Fillianore's dream?

I'm imagining some kind of Abyss-corrupted Hydra with Pus of Man for heads, which spit out Great Soul Dregs at you from a distance. And giant clams that shoot Affinity and can inflict curse with their attacks.

The whole thing with Filianore is an afterthought that Miyazaki tossed in because he liked Angel's Egg. There's nothing to suggest that they're connected anyways, Filianore's purpose was to lock the Ringed City out of time, and nothing else.

I had an idea for a few different events we could do if we ever get bored.
>Treasure Hunt
Within the confines of the level, the host hides an item. The host then summons Reds to go find the item. Once a Red finds the item, they tell the host what they found, and need to return to the host with the item in tow. All other Reds are now tasked with killing the carrier.
>Whack-a-Mole
Host summons a number of Reds under a platform where the host is standing with a Wooden Great Hammer. The Reds need to run around within a boundary under the platform, while the host attempts plunging attacks. Anyone who gets hit is knocked out, and last Red in the circle wins.
>Battleship
Probably the easiest to do, since it only needs two people.
One person stands behind the pews before the Deacons fight and the other on the bridge to Rosaria. Five Prism Stones are scattered around on those areas each by the two, and both equip the Obscuring Ring and a greatbow, preferably Millwood. One person fires while the other stands at one of the Prism Stones. Whoever dies first loses, so the one on the bridge may want the Silvercat Ring.
This is just a rough outline, but it could give us something to do when we get bored.
I am in no way affiliated with the Discord.

I'm inclined to disagree, considering the final DLC takes place much further into the future than the Untended Graves seems to imply.

Fillianore's dream seems to be some kind of illusion / trap to hide the thrones / meat puppets containing the last vestiges of the Dark Soul and Mankinds destiny, whatever that means.

Piss poor evidence to back up the Untended Graves being the real world comes from the fact that the Champ is still alive and uninfected, despite you obviously putting him out of his misery in the tutorial, which seems to be further along in the timeline than the Untended Graves.

My opinion is that Ludleth essentially stole the remnants of the first flame and put it in his equivalent to one of the paintings, giving it a chance to survive, however pointless that action would be in the long run.

The above would explain why the world is crumbling apart so completely, why everything is becoming horrifically diseased and tainted in the "real world" similar to whats happened / happening to the paintings.

Does summoning Gael buff every phase of Friede/Ari fight?

Yeah, but its balanced out by the fact that you have The Red Hood throwing piss-discs™ at the enemy.

I could just kill Yuria after buying her shit if I don't want the ending, right? Does it kill any other quests where I can get shit?

Fucking hell phase 1 and to a lesser extent 2 are so easy, but phase 3 is fucking bullshit. You can't hit the bitch because she practically input reads and darts away when you try to get a swing between her 10-hit 360 aoe combos

What's the most annoying Lightning spell

I'm pretty sure that Gale doesn't actually affect the max health if he's summoned. He's weird like that.

If you don't want the ending, you need to purge the 8 Dark Sigils with the Fire Keeper. Yuria living or dying doesn't affect it either way.

>tfw never played DeS and probably never will

>poisonous corpses rise from their graves, and their attacks and projectiles inflict either Toxic or Poison
Not sure if want.

You can buy it for like $15-20 at a used peripherals store, as long as you have a PS3 you're good.

Ultra Greatswords are a great fucking class. Just git fucking gud with them. I crush people all the time with my Lothric Knight Greatsword.

Who are you talking to?

It is a good idea to get a 25/+2 character through to cathedral basically. Most of my summons at that level are settlement, woods and cathedral. On weekends at peak hours there's good activity. it doesn't matte where you are, it just matters which bonfires you've opened.

I bought a ps3 for $60 and the game for $11

Has FUGS been nerfed or is it still OP?

It's trash tier, and has been since shortly after it was nerfed post-release.

How good would dual-wield Mytha's Bent Blades be? Are they viable for PvP? If not, what should I use instead?

It was nerfed since the very first patch of the game but since then has received a number of indirect buffs that make it a very solid weapon now.

Anything that can't be dodged.

Just put the rubbish bins out, cam back and had another ear.
What a rush lads.
Count: 20

>Elite Knight! I'll kill Anri every time!
>Balder Swag Sword in all of it's homosexual glory
>Crest Shield, whichever one has the best MAG resistance depending on the game
>Great Chaos fireball is always one of my favorites, as well as Karmic Justice
>Choranthory ring is one I always end up using, mostly because I'm too stupid to watch my own stamina.
>Sir Alonne was a lot of fun, but I really like the Asylum Demon in all of it's appearances. I have good memories of fighting him for the first time all those years ago
>Patches has always been my guy, the one NPC I rarely killed for his shit before starting a new game.
>Lothric Knights are a lot of fun to fight I guess. They're not some other bullshit bloodborn copies found in the rest of DS3.
>Ash lake, for the music and covenant
>Dragon Guys from DS1 and 2.

Why don't you make a template that's not fucked you mong?

10 remain. Your quest is nearing its conclusion.

>You can't use the Storm Ruler to bring down the Storm Drake in the Nameless King Bossfight for a critical riposte, or to straight up kill it early and get straight to the actual fight

If this was DaS1 or DeS or BB you would've been able to

Shit game, 3/10

Faith playthrough is fun!

Should my faith knight sunfag be a guy or a girl?

DeS:
>Storm ruler create a wind hurricane, but only during an actual storm

DS3:
>storm ruler creates a wind hurricane, but only indoors, and not when there is an actual storm going on

miyazaki, please

How come 27 Vig gives me 1300 HP on ds3 not including favor and life.

Meanwhile in BB 27 vig gives me only 700ish HP when summoned?

Girl, so you can eventually do Darkmoon Knightess cosplay.

This fucking bothered me too. You'd think the one fucking place in the game the storm ruler would really work well, is literally fighting IN A FUCKING STORM

It should've literally done like 2000 damage a pop against NK, but it'd be really really hard to even charge it up on him because he'd be on your fucking ass the whole time

My new character shall be named "Slave K***ht Gael Ord". Thoughts?

BB expects you to not be hit by anything, because you're already perfect, so why even have health.
DS understands that you are only human and that you need health because you're going to take hits.
I'm not bitter

Doesn't fit.

Indeed.

pls respond

Don't you mean "***** K***ht Gael Ord".

it's so dumb because I'm basically forced to go over 30 vig in bb when in ds3 i can be fine at 27

BB allows you to restore health when you get hit, so 700HP in BB is like 1300HP in DS3. You can also get infinite healing items.

DS3 also has a lot more unavoidable stunlock combos and grab attacks designed to deplete your health.

Exactly. BB is all about rolling and dodging shit while practically doing cartwheels to traverse the entire world. Plus there's less of an emphasis placed on health because they expect you to be perfect.
I'm still not bitter about BB and the fact that there's no good shields. Definitely not bitter.

>700HP in BB is like 1300HP in DS3.
No fuck off. With 1300 almost NOTHING in DS3 can kill me.

With 700 hp in BB EVERYTHING can kill me in a single grab or aoe explosion, or random hit.

Rally is also retardedly bad for regaining lost health. it's only great for trading hits if you parry and then reclaim all lost health with a visceral. Otherwise it's almost always better to just heal with a vial.

The problem some bb players is they think everyone who plays DS3 always keeps a shield out. I don't ever use shields on most of my DS3 characters except 2 out 9.

You can dodge more attacks and better in ds3 with quick step weapons and still have far larger health pool.

Shields are a crutch. I began to enjoy DS3 infinitely more playing without one.

I'm just a crutch kind of guy I suppose. Even when I have to dodge shit that's pretty much unblockable, I always have a shield out and up, mostly because I prefer an empty stamina bar to a health bar with 1/3 missing. I'm certainly not saying it's the way to go for everyone, I always just thought that the sword and board was the best option.

I can't kill this fucker in ng without cheesing him with a bow. He's so fast and has stun lock double tap auto-kills. What is the strategy with this guy? First trouble I've run into in ng.

>lined up empty and rectangular spaces where it's easy to paste in shit
>"It's fucked!"
u wot m8

So for a DS2 Dark/Poison build with 60/30 INT/FTH and minimum wielding stats, do I infuse Silverblack Sickle or Spear?

I could leave them uninfused and keep rotten pine / dark pine for flexibility or infuse dark / poison and buff with dark weapon, but I'm not sure which would provide the most reliability. Maybe Raw + Resin?

i roll if I feel safe enough but I always get hit by a swipe or something when the second comes around, its annoying.

the purpose of shields in DS3 is that they have blocking frames immediately out of your roll.

And yes, I realized when I took the screenshot that I hadn't repaired my stuff from dragon Aerie yet. I'm still stuck killing him with a bow.

>soulshitter complains about not being able to turtle like a bitch in Bloodborne

I was a sword+board guy in DeS/DS1 and first picked Knight in DS3, but by the time every enemy and their dog were throwing out unlockable grab attacks I just could not have any fun with the game. Relying on dodging completely instead of blocking meant I didn't have to give a shit about grab attacks, as the only difference between them and eating an uninterruptible combo was the animation length.

Non-broken armor helps.
This is Dragon Aerie right? I think I just ran past him. I'm also a medium roll guy (under 70% weight) so I could roll either to his side or into him to avoid all his attacks. Since you seem like a heavyguy, I'd probably just buy more arrows at this point or change your clothes. Change your clothes regardless, they're broken and in need of repair.

>every ds2 NPC has a custom model (except maybe Rosabeth who I think only has a custom face)
>almost every NPC has unique attacking animations
Is there any way for the player to access these?
Probably refers to the fact that some words are off center and the lower cells are longer than the others

For Dark/poison you want 30/30 with 40 dex, and cast dark fog or poison mist. There is literally NO reason to ever go above 50 int in DS2, even as a pure sorceror.

For a hexer, 30/30, 40/30, 30/40 are viable, 50/30, 30/50 is also viable. For a poison hexer, 40 dex is needed minimum.

>do I infuse Silverblack Sickle or Spear?
If you are doing poison, neither of these are good because they hit too slow, but Silverblack Spear is what you want. The sickle isn't that great. Either will work for pve though.

>when in ds3 i can be fine at 27
No, you can't. Staying at 27 Vigor is asking to be killed in a single ultra combo.

People underestimate the utility of shields in Souls games. Even in Roll Souls 3, a decent shield can mean peace of mind and reduced stress against some of the weirder/more bullshit enemies. And certain bosses like Champ and even Gael can be trivialized with a good greatshield.

Even in PvP, a 100% physical block shield can be useful against shitters who have no elemental damage weapons. It's just that, like all other things in PvP, you have to learn when you can't rely on it.

If you dodge too early he'll rollcatch you, so just jog around him unlocked and poke between attacks. At least one has a long-ass animation followed by a long-ass cooldown that anyone could kill him during.

Treat him like a boss. Run right up in his face and roll twice or three times before doing a counter attack, and only attack once. Swapping to a faster weapon would certainly help. He's also weak to strike damage, so if you roll behind him, do a rolling R1 with a mace, and then roll away, you should be safe.

The problem with him is that you ARE NOT ABLE TO HEAL. So if you beat him, you can't get hit no matter what. Once you get hit, you're dead, because he will heal punish you no matter what.

Their moveset is more or less the same as the Old Knights at Heide, so they have similar vulnerability windows. You just have to play a bit more carefully since they're faster and the windows are smaller.

>removing one playstyle is a good thing
>I like zooming around like sanic therefore that takes a higher degree of skill
I get you were proud of your ds3 "no shield run".
I mean sure, blocking is somewhat braindead but instead of removing it (bb) or making it shit (ds3) maybe add factors that increase the skill ceiling, like timed blocks consuming less stamina

40 DEX is for the Poison build up? I kind of assumed Crest of the Rat + Sanctum Soldier Gauntlets + Butterfly Skirt would be enough with 20 DEX max. Why is 40 so important for DEX?

That makes sense. Although those grab attacks are kind of sketchy in the first place, nothing ruins a good mood like being grabbed by an ogre or mimic.

Yeah yeah, whatever you say Bloodbitch. I'm not changing my gameplay style because of your rolling meta. If I had internet right now I'd duel you for the bragging rights over which is better but I am currently without power because of hurricane shenanigans.

I had trouble with the Heide mace guy too. I need to practice my roll timing because their moveset just throws me off with the way they attack. Nothing else in the game comes close to bugging me like these guys do.

Does Dexterity and poison boosting items actually effect Dark Fog? None of the wikis have any info on that and from my experience it takes 2-3 casts of Dark Fog to poison other players on my own not counting their own resistances.

Count: 21
It's going off today; no idea why.

>Holding L1 while circling around the braindead AI until you manage to land a backstab somehow takes more skill then properly timing your dashes since the game has programmed enemies to punish oyu if you panic

woah.... really an eye-opener..........

>This is Dragon Aerie right? I think I just ran past him.
If you run past him in SOTFS you aggro all the other knights that just stand and watch normally. You have to kill him unless you want to fight 20-1 to get to the ancient dragon.

Oh I remember that guy. He swings faster then you can coming out of a roll and feels like he has hacked stamina. I always find myself having to Affinity + Dark Orb / GRS that guy.
I'm not sure. I know its poison build up for weapons with innate/infused poison but I don't know how it interacts with resin / poison arrows / knives / dung pies / spells / toxic.
It says it buffs mytha's poison build up in the wiki but not its toxic build up.

Why are chinks always invincible?

Oh. I'm playing on 360 because I'm poor. Sorry for the bad intel.

Like I said, don't even try to roll. Just run in a circle. There's a webm someone posted here that's not on my phone showing just how little they can deal with unlocked maneuverability. Hopefully someone else can share it.

Like every enemy in DS2, Satellite Drakeblood Knight is incredibly easy when you understand the fight.

>Mashing r1 on the enemy's face to regain any lost health and open the enemy to a visceral is takes more skill than knowing what attacks you can block and what you avoid by repositioning, then carefully finding an opening to attack
I can shitpost too, doesn't add anything to the conversation

all poison damage has hidden dexterity and adaptability scaling. Dexterity adds 3 and adaptability adds 1. Softcaps are at 108 and 140.

140 is:
>40 dex and 20 ADP or
>36 dex and 32 ADP

108 is
>34 dex and 6 adp or
>26 dex and 32 adp

So if you want max poison damage, even on 32 ADP you need 26-36 dex. Might as well go all the way to 40 dex to get max weapon scaling too.

Crest of the rat and sanctum gauntlets is 25 to 60 extra poison, so having 40 dex is better than using both in most situations.

Dark Fog is unaffected by all of this. It used to scale off the poison damage of the catalyst but they patched it out. Sanctum gauntlets and crest of the rat also do not affect dark fog, since they only add to scaling and dark fog has no poison scaling.

So a good poison build will cast dark fog on 27/27 or 30/30, and then use a poison infused weapon if the dark fog doesn't work automatically.

not the game's fault you're bad, sweetie :/

>Eleum Loyce ice soldiers with those giant ice spikes sticking out of their back so you can't backstab them, and are host to Pus of Man that can exhale Frostbite clouds
>constant windstorm that puts out torches, snuffs out your Pyro Flame and freezes any fire elemental weapon you have equipped, so that you can't stagger the Pus of Men
>bloathead versions of those retainer bitches that sit still until you walk past them, except they're super fast and hit you in the back with dark Soul Spears or backstab you to inflict Frostbite
>Darkwraiths riding those ice reindeer who swing at you with their swords, blast you with lightning and have a charging attack where they grab you with Dark Hand as they swoop past you; killing the reindeer causes the Darkwraith to dismount and fight you hand to hand
>ice hedgehogs that spit Affinity at you if you try to attack them from range
I'll admit, this one sounds like it could be fun.

>dsfags and bloodfags arguing over meaningless shit
Bravo, shitters.

You can try to mash R1 but most enemies will poise through it and punish you. Rally isn't reliable either unless you're using a weapon like Axe, most weapons have low rally so if you just mash R1 like a retard in hopes to get your health back, you're just gonna be punished. Mashing R1 to get a visceral is only possible if it's a big enemy, others you have to parry. Mashing O is a good wya to die since enemies will catch it and if you attempt to heal, they will almost always rush at you to punish it. Meanwhile in DS games, I can just hold L1 and circle enemies since they can't do anything to stop m, stamina isn't that of an issue either since it's rare to even get your shield broken unless you're using something with shit stability even then the punishment isn't too bad.

I don't know if this area would be an absolute riot, or pure pain. Probably both.
What would be the area boss? Abyssal lmao2cat?

>tfw not getting summoned for covenant pvp
>tfw not getting summoned for boss coop

A Chaos-corrupted Lud who breathes fire while shooting Crystal Homing Soulmass at you, and an Abyss-corrupted Zallen who breathes Frostbite clouds (if you get frostbitten, Lud's fire breath won't cure it) and creates Affinity storms like Midir phase 2.

Double ice dragons

Not that guy but I do like that DS3 gives you more options and different ways to play.

You can a shield and play like that or you can do a dual wield build with pontiff rings and recover more health than rally can ever hope to do.

Or you can do real STR builds and actually poise through Attacks from anything including bosses. Meanwhile a kirk hammer will get interrupted by a pebble.

Also almost every caster build in DS3 plays differently with sorcery being king of ranged damage and faith casters literally tanking hits to trade with nukes.

Bloodborne is a great game but DS3 is just more polished and refined

You know, there's such a thing as too much.
Maldron better be down there, snug as a bug, ready to bamboozle people with the White Ring again, along with his fat friend who is now Abyssal.

>implying Slave Knight Maldron isn't the real final boss of Souls

And the response to holdind l1 and strafing was to make it shit instead of making it take skill. Because shielding is viewed as a crutch by the high-speed audience. But shields are so much more than just covering your body with them. Not to mention how everything is balanced around dodging and how stupid it looks for knights in heavy armor to cosplay barrels

I wasn't talking about bullds but I agree. I do prefer the BB weapons over DS3 or really any DS game desu, the definition of quality>quantity. I hope that the next game From makes attempt to focus more on quality instead of a 30 straight swords with only three being good and all sharing the same move-set.

So, you basically just want another Bloodborne

Using and abusing every cheap shot both known and unknown? Invaders can enter the boss room? People can be summoned for the fight by Maldron, who is still fighting you? Maldron's version of corrosive acid will break your equipment more or less on contact?
I have a love-hate relationship with that guy, and this one would really strain it.

The problem is my quick step build in ds3 is far quicker and has far more mobility than anything I've seen in BB yet.

The Abyssal Covetous Demon's grab attack now inflicts Curse buildup with each bite, so unless you're playing with a Luck build or have curse-resistant gear on, you'll get petrified by the attack for a one-hit kill. If you survive, all of your equipped gear is removed from your inventory, not de-equipped, and you need to defeat it to retrieve your stuff.

Also, in traditional asshole fashion, Maldron has hacked in a Curse buildup Greatlance. So even if you build for Curse resistance, Maldron will build up your meter beforehand and then start trying to stagger you with kicks and pinning you down for the Covetous Demon's grab.