/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

smol jew smol hitbox edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Blood Orchid (Hong Kong) is out now.
youtube.com/watch?v=93jV9004foc
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx
Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators are being released together with HK and SK operator

comeback victory:

1st for dying game

2nd for reddit

umm...

3rd for doomsayers

Are all hitboxes the same size?

>ubisoft trying as hard as they can to kill a perfectly good game

let's play
FIND THAT ELA

...have always existed and will continue to as long as /r6g/ is alive

>dude it works in CSGO, why won't it work in a game that has classes, has guns that not everyone has access to on each class, and movement doesn't severely affect recoil
>what could possibly go wrong

absolutely fucking nothing, I can't fucking wait for this new and exciting patch
:^)))))))))))))))))

I like how his "undercover" outfit is super obvious shades.

>movement doesn't severely affect recoil
my biggest gripe desu

Hey lad, just so you know, we have an OP pastebin precisely so you can just copypaste from there for the most updated version

You're missing out on the patch notes that were included there plus you have 3 goddamn [EMBED]s on your OP.

Just something to keep in mind for next time

>stop criticizing the devs! they're working very hard on fixing the game and no one appreciates them enough :''((. I for one think these changes are a step in the right direction!

If that was someone wearing a helmet or a hat similar to Ela's, they'd still stick out; green hair or not.

>deployable shields and actual shields are still glitchy as fuck
>LETS MAKE AN OPERATOR BE ABLE TO RUN WITH THEM
WHAT
COULD
POSSIBLY
GO
WRONG

b-b-bonus round!
SPOT THAT ELA

BETTER RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE

"Friendly last operator standing"

Im going to [EMBED] my dick in your ass

>Kapkan buff
>2 armor 2 speed
>invisible lasers
>5 traps
I'VE WAITED 2 YEARS FOR THIS SHIT! FUCKING YES! FUCKING YE-
>traps do 40 damage, no more insta-kill

Ash is trash

I WAS HERE

Macie just praised the recoil change on stream again, it's over

Guys, where's El-

Better, spot Glaz before he spots you...

40 damage is still good

blonde headgear when?

rip

Ehh. I guess. I'll definitely kill wounded players, but it'll take some time for full health players.

This was actually quite easy. You know why humans can see more shades of green than any other color?

Despite people complaining about the "KAPKAN NERF" meme, this is going to make him the best trap operator (going by gadget only). I'm going to be annoyed as fuck on offense when at the end of the round, I just have to tank 40 damage hits when I have to push the objective and don't have time to drone every fucking doorway, and if I check it manually, I'll get shot while I'm diverting attention.

His unique gimmick is instant kill traps, take that away and his role is changed to bargain bin lesion

you know why the military doesn't let their soldiers dye their hair?

Who?

40 damage is complete ass, it's worse than an impact grenade and basically kills the variety of trap operators.
>dbno
>injure over time
>injure
>screen blur
>screen blur

It's about having a professional appearance, nothing to do with combat capability.

dropshotting is fine, its what Tom would have wanted

siegeceleb

>nothing to do with combat capability
Sure it's not both?
Don't think I'd want any of my military's soldiers running around with bright red dye on their head desu, might be a little detrimental to their ability to go unnoticed.

it's literally the easiest check in the world. it's literally limited to doors and windows, lesion you could put anywhere and it's at least cloaked
>break down door/window
>look at bottom for big mass
the only thing that's going to be annoying is when it clips into nearby furniture or trashbags

Somebody told me the recoil patterns wouldnt be retarded
Somebody lied

>inb4 siege gets treyarchs solution to dropshotting in the form of dolphin diving

these recoil patterns are really fucking shit
they're alll the same goddamn thing, zig zags or curves

How often do you see anybody fall for his traps? At least he'll get some damage out of them now.

now spot the kapkan trap
pro tip: you cant

*you now know why
ftfy

how often do you see people fall for frost traps? it's a trap, the extent of its utility should be based on peoples fuck-ups or lack of attention. trying to make it harder to see but reducing the effectiveness shit on what he was originally meant to be and basically makes him a shitty lesion

>screen blur
>screen blur
why the fuck do people consider Echo a trap operator? This shit's stupid as fuck.

All they had to do was make the laser a god-damned tripwire.
It wouldn't be that hard, but instead they made him much less threatening and decided to blend him into the "quantity over quality" bin of trap operators.
Next thing you know Frost is going to get 6 traps, each 75% thinner than before, and only semi-opaque, but it'll take two to down someone, one for each of their legs.

>tfw recoil patterns so bad even reddits complaining

Which is predictability, something that proplayers like

>throw needle candy at teammate
>bonk
>"AGGHHH!!!!"

not the competitive cancer though, they love it

>limited to doors and windows

And people 90% of the time use what else to move around?

Sure Lesion's is cloaked but it does 10 damage, as opposed to 40 with now no laser. You HAVE to be exposed to destroy a Kapkan trap, unlike Lesion's where you can shoot it from however far away. With Kapkan, you have to be in-sight of that doorway or window.

why do pro players hate aiming? you bullets already go to where you crosshair is, just put the crosshair on the enemy and click

>look at bottom for big mass
Did you forget that they don't have to be placed at the bottom?
Only reason people still do is because of the laser being obvious as fuck, but without that you can even place them at head level and you'll only be able to see it if you check every part of the door or get close enough to hear it.

PCucks have autism and when they aim they shake the mouse all over the screen because they're autistic

some1 post the battle of the gods webm

because flick aiming is better for you

Because he lies in wait for the enemy to get in range, then blinds and ambushes. What else would you consider him?

>And people 90% of the time use what else to move around?
You could just breach a wall if you're that worried
>You HAVE to be exposed to destroy a Kapkan trap
No, actually. You can destroy it from a very tight angle since it's on the doorway. You might have to cross to the other side of the doorway, but that's not even hard.
>be in-sight of that doorway or window
No, just the sides.

But guys now my waifu Monika is even more necessary!

Bro get on my level.

It aint year one anymore pal

who gives a shit if the recoil is random, as long as the bullet goes where my crosshair is, it's fine
literally learn to control that recoil, burst if you can't, I swear competitive players need to be shot in the head

This only makes sense for normal play. When youre hopped up on ritalin and caffeine like most pro league retards your actual skill goes to shit so its best to just rely on flicks and force recoil patterns into your muscle memory so you can basically exploit the game and have next to no no recoil. The system as it was before did not let pro shitters ignore recoil.

>muh bright colors
It's not like blond guy or redhead guy are required to dye their hair to a darker color.

I need confirmation, can blitz sprint with his shield up on the TTS?

>as long as the bullet goes where my crosshair is, it's fine
That's kind of the problem right now, it doesn't do that which leads to people being upset that the acogs are lying.
If every operator gets different patterns (especially with how violent some of these seem) it only encourages maining.
The only way this shit can work is if the patterns are based off of what attachments you use.

Intel operator, primarily.
And I say he's not a trap operator because he's more of a turret operator if you use his burst constantly anyways.

IQ is still the shittiest of the three counters to the new trap operators. Her only exceptional role is still to counter Valk.

Yes. He can't shoot. Just sprint with the shield up

What military doesnt require you to cut your hair. Most of the operators are in groups like the FBI where no one cares though.

nah fuck patterns

>implying being a blonde or a ginger is the same as pic related
Are you colorblind user? You might want to get your eyes checked.

You're overthinking this. Most soldiers wear helmets that completely cover their hair, so their hair color wouldn't matter.

Ive never had this issue unless when shooting from outside in and vice versa, but this is a known issue with ACOGs
Use the muzzle break

Lads I need help. Ela's yoga pants are suddenly doing things to my dick.

Please don't break your muzzle, it probably won't work well anymore.

You should shop for male yoga pants, and give Ela her pants back.

Can he do anything else besides that?

What are the tactical advantages of skin-tight clothing?

He can flash people with his shield

FULLY

it really isn't hard to see at all. 2m away from the front of the doorway and you can visibly see the trap. literally just dont run through a doorway and take two seconds to check and you'll live

I guess he's multirole. I see mostly trap uses though, since valk is a better intel op

Why is being able to remember some shitty predetermined recoild pattern considerd skillful, but being able to successfully control a random recoil and land every shot not?

because random = not competitive REEEEEEE

I even defended the concept, but this execution is absolutely horrible

Because csgo has it so it must be mandatory for any fps esport.

minimal noise from cloth friction/movement, lower visible silhouette, higher aerodynamics, etc.
there actually are a good handful of advantages, but the disadvantages are that you can get more easily bruised or cut through skin-tight clothing, and you look like a whore.
Unless you're pic related or fucking Sam Fisher

Except CSGO does it much better

I was being sarcastic. But yes, it works in csgo because there are no iron sights. It will be fucking retarded in siege.

Lesion has fucking cargo shorts so I guess it doesnt really matter.

You can operate in anything lad

ha I meant muzzle brake I dont wear a muzzle haha

>pop into reddit to see the outage on current tts implementation
>a huge chunk are pissed but an even larger chunk are super excited that they're going to be even more rewarded for maining a single operator
This is going to be a good change guys, let me just pick one operator and nothing else then go 0-4 when I never get them.

GSG9 is literally dad ops