totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread:Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged! Complaining without offering solutions is not!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=13SZzkQWAkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for waiting for Grand Campaign and helf hotfix to play helves for the first time

SWEEP THEM FROM THE FEERD

G O B L I N S

What's the point of Intrigue of Court if the entire campaign is all about disrupting the vortex and declaring war on three major factions?

Diplomacy might as well not exist

Rejoice, for the Daemons of Chaos shall be your next DLC

To get other people to war them so they have to fight on multiple fronts

getting the minor factions to make life difficult for your opponents.

helves are made for grand campaign in mind

There are, astoundingly, factions other than the 8 playable ones.

And you don't even need to declare war on all the main ones, if you see a certain race is falling behind in the ritual shit then there's no real reason to fight them

>8 DAYS

Why do G*rmanics have such terrible posture?

>Lizardmen get a Thunder Lizard after they complete all their rituals

Kroak seems more likely

that posture is objectively better for head charging

How do you take on Chosen Great Weapons spam as vampires? Other factions would blow them to hell with artillery or at least armor-piercing missile troops but vamps got none of that. They surpass Grave Guard with Great Weapons across all stats so the dedicated anti-armored infantry unit won't do much. That leaves monsters like plague horrors and varghulf's to flank around and try to do some damage, but Chaos can bring hellcannons to whittle you down and dragon ogres to hunt your monsters.

Skaven confirmed to be the Greenskins of TWW2? They're looking to get BTFO every single time by Lizards in the Southlands/Lustriabowl

They only deal physical damage IIRC so Hexwraiths are a good option versus them, especially considering they got AP

terrorgheists should take care of all your monster problems and the chosen you can tarpit into a massive pit of shades or purple sun of xereus because the AI just loves to blob

PIKE AND SHOT TOTAL WAR FUCKING WHEN

They are getting BTFO because in most videos everyone was fielding Clan Rats/slaves

The multiplayer one with Stormvermins, artillery, Rat ogres and the Hellpit saw Skaven just destroying Lizardmen armies

>Sieges your base
>Routs on your walls
>Flees to the control point
??

wind fo death works wonders against ai lines
as with all other factions except maybe buffed dwarfs, just dont fight them head on
the ai is also stupid as fuck and easily exploited, just summon some zombies to get the chosen to focus them and then mash em up asap, crypt horrors should also do well

>multilplayer
Irrelevant.

Don't mind me, just rolling for my next Attila game.

for some reason my older R2 screenshots look a lot prettier than my newer ones.

probably because most R2 graphics mods aren't up to date anymore, which is a huge shame

Not irrelevant

Early game Skaven units are pure trash

The quest battle of Lord Skrolk has roughly the same army composition and they destroyed a fairly solid Lizardmen stack

>white huns
>neither white nor honeys

well it will be irrelevant in the campaign since they'll build nothing but trash like the vampire counts and that's what matters

like look at the dust in this picture. I cant find a mod to make it all poofy and cinematic like this anymore.

Eight days before ratties can spray entire elf units with fiery, sticky fluids.

What are graphics mods would you recommend for R2?

>implying the other factions dont build trash armies
if you arent heavily outnumbered, its not hard to win campaign battles the ai couldnt create a decent army to save its live

still a pretty game though.

the newer fantasy games has too much chaos and particle effects for me to slow down and enjoy the little duals and random silly insulated events on a battle map between units

yeah but lizard trash is better than rat trash and that's all that matters for the lustriabowl

Where's your 20/20 stack of zombies and skellies to tarpit your enemies and make your main army fight only exhausted troops?

Guys serious question here.
It is worth to get 1st part of WHTW right now and then for how much?
What DLC are must have(and is it possible to pirate them?)?
It is worth to get it for the mods or just stay and play my pirated version(no mods but all DLC).

Why does Grimgor has the shittiest lines and dialogues in the game?

Anyone else getting this ad, it's not launching at all

SAY MY NAME

He's meant to be a super badass fighter who can take on entire armies solo because he's strong and angry like that. Unfortunately that makes him super generic and bland.

I WILL MARSHAL THE MEN

Scam virus

Pirate it and decide for yourself if it's worth your money.

SHAAY MMMYYYYYY NAAAAAAAME

Hope you're all sufficiently prepared for the announcement soon after WH2 releases.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH IRLANDA

I'm pretty excited user.

I pirated it already and its not bad. But faction choice is really limited(even with 12 DLC) so I will not pay full price for it.
That I am asking if its worth to buy for mods and how cheap is cheap enough.
Or is there some possibility to get access to mods or something?

>Daemonfags

*massacres your troops in the Teutoburg Forest*

HEH... NOTHENN PERSONELL ROMEBOI

I dont even know what graphics mods are alive anymore. the vast majority of the ones I have saved for R2 are for much older versions of the game, even blood mods are outdated and dont work most of the time.

I think these ones MIGHT WORK though:

Rome II: Flora HD 1.1 (foliage texture overhaul)
Republican Sun (campaign map lighting fix)
Rome II: Ocean HD (makes water less cartoony looking)
Rome II: Terrain HD (basically imports the world map textures from attila)
DECALMAP (shrinks metal spec maps to look more realistic)
Faces From Attila (imports a few male/female body heads from attila to gaulic/german factions)
Massive Shield Mod (adds a shitload of shield patterns to vanilla units, probably doesnt work if you use an overhaul mod like DEI)
Fresh Flesh - Scarred for Life (makes skin look more natural looking(?))
Better siege weapons, equipments and fort walls HQ textures (does as it says)

Dust mods are nice if they actually work. I never bothered with lighting mods because they contributed to the game overheating my computer.

dem maniples

Mods for TWW1 are alright but it's only been a year. In one or two more it'll probably be better (the new "Advanced AI" mod that a lot people praise took a while to come ou, for example, who knows what'll come in the coming year).

And needless to say the game and all the DLC, though I really like it, pic related, is NOT worth 120 bucks. 60 is just about acceptable in my opinion, but yours might differ. I'd recommend waiting until the next sale.

>TWW1 mods continuing after 2 releases

mods will be easy to port between the different games. While I won't be able to port mine, Cataph porting his magic mod will make the game far more playable

Personally I pirated it first, enjoyed and bought it. Fuck DLC though. They seems to be overpriced to me, so I pirated them, for now.

WH has zero replayability without mods/DLC, so I dare say they are asking too much for the second game.

I think the DLC is just way overpriced. I thought the base game was well worth $60...

I mean the likes of Shogun 2 was $60 and every faction was the same, with the same roster and what not... The four starting factions (5 with preorder) were entirely unique in terms of models/animations, and even unit diversity within the factions...

But the DLC... Nah, I didn't buy any of it until I was able to get it all 50% off. I would be willing to pay ~$12 each for the faction packs and maybe ~$5 for the LL packs, but asking $19 or whatever for them was gross IMO. One single faction and a worthless mini-campaign you would probably only play once, if at all, is NOT worth 1/3 of the entire base game.

wait you can add pirated DLC to the regular game?

>snake rearing up to strike pepe

How are they gonna do the snake bastiladon?

What mods are must to have?
There is plenty of shit on Steam workshop.

Legendary Lords Remastered
Starting Traits Remastered

Why is the Lionheart / Apollo co-op so painful to watch?
How can a man be so bad at videogames?

rollan

apollo doesn't play new total war campaigns.
Lionheart basically fucked him up by declaring war on Ssildra Tor and telling Apollo to maintain a 20 stack at all times.

Cheapest place to get Warhammer 2 that isn't some fraudulent Russian money laundering site?

GreenmanGaming I think

Just got my shit pushed in by Kislev playing as Norsca. Their infantry got rekt, but pistolier and outrider spam cost me the battle.

What has Norsca got to counter skirmisher cav other than the spear chuckers and their shitty range?

Don't think they have it

dogs?

dogs

Bundle Stars is 18% off

I bought Warhammer I on GMG, but when I search neither it nor Warhammer II shows up on the website.

Dogs are a bit squishy but I guess I'll try them out and replace the marauders with champions.

they'll have it. they might have a better deal closer to the time however.

Bundle Stars is also an official Sega partner, so you get your key instantly and can preload when it becomes available, don't have to wait until launch like GMG.

Best I can find is 38 britbong dollars on gamesplanet

Most of mine are just cosmetic:

Beastmen Color Variations
Better Black Orcs (Visual Overhaul)
Better Night Goblins (Visual Overhaul)
Better,Thicker Smoke Mod
Building Progression Icons
Campaign Graphics Improvements
Cataph's Chaos Steeds Resized
Cataph's Greenskins Teef Currency
Clearer Unit Card UI
Cataph's: The Southern Realms (TEB)
Forest Cosmetics 1.1
Moar Boar Variation
More Horse Variations: Bretonnia & Empire
Textured Eternal Guard Shields
Themed UI Compilation
Trait Descriptions
UI Unit Markers

Also check out:

GCCM (custom maps, hit or miss in terms of maps working with the AI but at the very least you can just use the River pack only, which will get you bridge battles in the campaign, which were for some reason absent but are coming back in 2)

Advanced AI mod. Haven't tried it myself but a lot of people say it's good.

Legendary Lord Unique Start Position. Exactly what it sounds like

Conquer Anywhere. Mod made with CAs help, was there on launch. Basically removes the occupation limits if you don't like them. There are several versions.

What about more factions?

Your only alternative is Crynsos Faction Unlocker

CHINA
H
I
N
A

WHEN
H
E
N

Tough enough to handle skirmisher cav, especially with poison attacks. With poison it would slow down those cowards so that your other units could catch up.

>overpriced

poorfag

Less than two hundred hours to go!

If the DLC had full rosters it'd be worth every penny, but beastmen with the cut units especially when it's the centerpiece monsters like the jabbaslythe is really pushing it. Even if CA just stated that they will be fleshing out all rosters at some point for free they would be pretty vindicated.

>jabberslythe
>8th edition cancer

Drone.

>Wood Elves get one of the most complete rosters in the game
>and a decent minicampaign
>Skaven get Hell Pit Abomination AND Doomwheel

Is CA racist towards PeePoos?

god forbid anyone have fun with monstrous units in a fantasy game?

Am I seeing things or has the graphics for TWW2 improved exponentially from TWW1?

They said they improved the lighting in the latest build but we've only seen streams of it so it's hard to tell. It still looks like shit to me.

Daily reminder that Malekith is the true Phoenix King.

Morathi is jealous

>Jabberslythe
>"Centerpiece"

No?

Apparently the lighting looks better in the older build they've sent out especially on subterranean maps and they've done a lot with the day/night cycle on maps.

sauce on pic?

youtube.com/watch?v=13SZzkQWAkk

>steps into flames
>Gets burnt
"Lol i'm still king right guys?"
hes a little mommas boy.

morathi looks kinda old

he's a big mommas boy and the true phoenix king (canon)