/rsg/ - Runescape General

chillin' and skillin' edition

Balthazar's Raffle is back in town, talk to him in Burthorpe

Previous Pudding: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,413,65950469
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/invention-batch-2-launch?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>September's Month Ahead
youtube.com/watch?v=vao2wS4N-Qk (embed) - livestream from 2017/09/06
youtube.com/watch?v=MGP0snR0Nuc (embed)
archive.fo/dCbTM - leddit's tl;dw

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/71avhd/bug_disassembled_1k_diamond_bracelets_and_didnt/,
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So now that the dust has settled, which machines should I build?

Is it sad that I only have one friend? And that one friend spends all day sending me lewd messages but if I delete him, I'll have none so I just put up with it.

So I guess this is what it's like to be in an abusive relationship.

PLANKS
It was always the best but wikitards convinced themselves that there would be any profit in the tanning machines

if you're in game character is a female, change it to a male
see what happens

He said he'd buy me an Amulet of Souls for a tit pic

help

>help
do you want help for your situation or to find a suitable tit pic to send him?

Why bring a Titan at all? Just bring a unicorn like everyone else.

user, which one do you think?

idk

Suitable tit pic. I'm not going to send him a picture of my tits.

oh
ok, so what age you told him you are

>my tits
no one wants to see ur fat ugly chest u reprobate
fuck off

I now have as many tri skelly pieces from abby demons as I do other rare drops

planks are like what, 100gp profit each plank? fuck that shit, I'm making like 1k profit each potion right now lol

yeah you're right, 100gp profit per plank

Is there at least a calculator in case prices shift?

What is Stu's cooking level?

He says he lost control of his life so he obviously has 200m xp

>wake up
>is ded
as is tradition

>page 10 already

rip

tfw trying to get as many unf potion makers as I can for my invention level to make me money

and 1 dissembler solely for siphons

dissasemblers are really really really slow

>it takes a week to disassemble all the items in your machine that you could do manually in less than an hour

they're also glitched last I heard

>free afk money
>hurr 2 slow

please tell me how disassembling makes money, and more importantly how it's free considering you have to use divine charges

What alternatives to slayer are there for bulk charms? I know of charm sprites and implings but is there something else I'm forgetting?

>I want to sit there and disassemble things for hours instead of just throwing a few thousand into a machine and checking later
Unless you're starved for parts or something you must have autism if you prefer the former.

good job not answering what was asked

>I'm too dumb to figure it out so spoonfeed me
It's really not that complicated, try reading things.

>I'm wrong and retarded so I'm just going to pretend that proving what I'm saying is not worth my time even though I play runescape

all of them are, you fix them by take item out put item back in
fix

there are no alternatives
both charm sprites, implings, and the moths in wildy are too slow

fug, time to kms

big orc

give me your account details I'll log on and collect charms for you

just grab a halberd and go murderspreeing

Kill bork, but that is about it

>up to 20 blues and 23 crims per day
Neat, I had forgotten about that. Anything good for golds?

only thing I can think of is hellhounds,

why would you want gold charms
I still haven't used all of the ones the first summoning quest gives and I have 99

hellhounds but I can't imagine why you'd need many of them

Daily terrorbirds.

>daily terrorbirds
Do you mean you have a daily to make terrorbirds?

No I mean there's a shop that sells raw bird meat and thanks to invention it's profitable to make those pouches if you have a nice stack of gold charms.

i have autism and i like doing math
assuming you have three tier 2 disassemblers running, you will gain on average:
>8.7 precious comps per hour using slayer rings (-17,640 gp)
>9.2 dextrous comps per hour using magic shortbows (-63,600 gp)
>35.4 simple parts per hour using maple logs (-2,760 gp)
also used: 690 charges (-14,950 gp at 65k per charge)
the limiting factor is simple parts, meaning you produce 0.708 equipment siphons per hour (+201,020 gp)

profit: 102,069 gp per hour, or 34,023 gp per hour per machine. for comparison, tier 2 plankers are ~46k per hour per machine doing mahogany planks, and unfinished cadantine potions are roughly the same as mahogany planks. so disassemblers aren't bad, but they're not the best

*this is all based on a key assumption that the disassemblers operate with your personal junk reduction, which may not be the case due to bugs, and that you have 105+ invention for junk reduction 9.
there also may be another bug where the disassemblers only give common components >browsing reddit reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/71avhd/bug_disassembled_1k_diamond_bracelets_and_didnt/, although this might be down to the junk reductions not being applied. there are also bugs with disassemblers not ticking properly and breaking everything

tl;dr until they fix disassemblers do a different machine

I'm at 268 QP right now. Not horrible for not playing for 10+ years. I still need to catch up.

remember when it wasn't a good policy to wait a month for bug fixes on every update

*bhalanse patches
and it takes more than one month

you only make 800 gp per gold charm, its a poor method of money making

no, he's right
the bug corrections take one month
the balance patches come a good while after that

it's cool

>I'm literally so braindead I can't understand that the hours I don't spend disassembling things can be spent making money doing something else
neck urself

>I can't be bothered to alt-tab and disassemble stuff when I'm doing something else on my computer
you first

All the machines are useless, the sawmills are just going to make planks crash until they're worth as much as logs are or less.

>I want to waste my time disassembling things
neck urself

how is making construction cheap as shit useless

>i only have one monitor

Is possible to use my dragon axe from my belt to make acrystal axe?

Maybe but you will need to get some of that magic dust first

I believe yes

yes

Just do everything

Is 4k right? after that is needed to use the augmentors i guess

yes

What happened to my armadyl? my chest disappeared because of the invention thing.

did you dissasemble your chestpiece you idiot

Since the Invention Batch II Update, I have found I can do tasks for ad research Dwarven tech. I had chosen Goblin first. Has this always been the case, that you could do both? Wording throughout the game and wiki (dedicate, specialize), led me to believe that you could only choose one.

yes, you just get a bonus in the one you chose

you used an augmentor and it vanished?
or did you disassemble it?

What bonus?

you unlock things a few levels early
I think it's level 60 for the one you choose, 90 for the other

5 more currency per task

They got rid of that, it's now

oh ok

I'm maxed so all this shit is useless, none of the machines can be used to make money. I thought I could at least make profit by making planks but that won't happen now.

What's best for swift components?

planks are profit, what are you talking about?

No one cares about the plight of maxed autismals.

>put down my portable bank
>make infinity pouches in an hour
yeah, okay, poor money method lol

>portable bank
what?

what perks for my crystal hatchet?

highest rank of honed you can get + wise/enlightened combo

honed 5

>using a portable bank using such a horrible method
>understanding time cost
>understanding anything about how aggregate earnings work

legel 3 honed.
Rip?

what memevention level are you
don't try for perks before like 80ish

depending on your invention level that is the highest you can get
put it on the pickaxe anyway

Level 61 i know that i should not try doing it in low levels but the hatchet seens to be easy to acess.
the level influence the quality of perks?

level makes your good RNG higher and your bad RNG lower

>the level influence the quality of perks?
yes, a lot

Working on some spreadsheet autism, but it's pretty unrefined at the moment. I'm still not sure how to factor in spring cleaner outputs effectively, so springs show up as a pure loss. I'm hoping the (free) runemetrics drop logger will help with that, but that would involve a lot of manually logging during the task. I might just leave it to balance out the fact that I'm not accounting for other degradeables, but they're probably not equivalent deltas. I'm thinking of adding a sheet with gear loadouts and GP/hour upkeep cells that I can reference for their respective tasks. Greater demons are also a little weird because there are four different creatures, two of which do not grant Slayer exp.

I have another sheet that includes task information such as item or combat exp per kill and prices of things. I am currently adding task-specific expenses on the this spreadsheet to include supplies such as super anti-fires and ghostly essence.

so this skill is useless until 80+?

Don't even bother trying to get the good perks (unless they're guaranteed) until 99. It's retarded but that's the only real way to avoid rolling hundreds of times.

For some perks you have to get 120 to get like a 20% chance of a good combo

no, lower level perks are still good

I spent over 50m failing to get Honed 5 at level 96 invention. I gave up and settled for Honed 4. I don't plan on trying again for any good perks until I'm 120. Just take what you can get quickly/cheaply at low levels and worry about optimizing later.

What happens is you train using the tools you make at the start until you get 120, then you make the good shit