/simg/ Simulation Games General

Strawpoll vote for ops edition
strawpoll.me/13966958

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkWTR6aEpjZlI4SDg/
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TL;DR: Your pain setting up controls is over

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

fighter-collection.com/cft/
thebattlesim.com/
linkedin.com/in/travis-day-62bbb27
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for most alive thread in the world

2nd for migs

3rd for F16XL

>Dassault F-16

Explain

It's literally m-2000 disguised as f-16

hate smelly pork

>eating uncastrated pork
What a freak

>delta wing 4th gen is M2k
>JOIN THE DOTS AMERICA!

DCS is not a sim.

It's a systems and flight simulator, but it lacks any of the benchmarks required to be called a combat simulation.

Explain

Is that not what you are saying?
I don't see how the F16 and M2000 are related really beyond that

It's not even a system simulator anymore as all the RWR systems in the game are broken now and are waiting to be patched in a hotfix or a patch that comes at the end of the year.

DCS is not a sim.

It's a light- flight sim (like SF2 is) with game combat and system elements.

Yeah, but M-2000 has way more combat record and more capabilities than f-16xl

I actually agree.

DCS is a light flight sim game.

Oh, I'm sure it does.
But I was only saying they weren't alike is all.

But then it's worse than SF2 on every level that matters.

Hello guys. I'm from /wtg/ and I wanted to ask is ATGM from BMP-1 OP irl? I'm worried that it will be a premium tank because it has atgm but yet I don't know. How does it kill irl? I heard you know stuff about real stuff

AT-3 is more shit than your win ratio mate

Having an IFV in a tank game is fucking retarded but so is Gaijin

I play with Maus or tiger 2 so not like I have small win ratio. It's not hard against soviet tanks
But how is it in other games or irl?
They never pull the data from the ass
But considering it's soviet, they could buff it

>Maus
kys!

But the AT-3s warhead wasn't bad but the fact that the user had to guide it meant it had a shit hitrate in combat.

Early ATGMs were shit IRL. The BMP-1 was shit IRL because the gun was trash.

WT makes most stuff better in game than it was IRL. It also takes massive liberties with shit like FMs, and 109s not being able to turn for example

Thank you for answers, gonna report back to /wtg/

It was good when it was first used against the IDF due to the surprise factor, but quickly became obsolete as it could only engage targets going in a straight line towards them. Once the kikes started manoeuvering in zig-zag the missile could not keep up. When the kikes started to use smoke and suppressive fire it was basically worthless.

TL;DR it's shit and easily fucked IRL but since Gaijin are Vatnik shiters it will become OP. Also McFucking kill yourself for playing War Blunder.

Don't worry bro, 2.5 will fix it in 202.5.

You're a faggot

DCS is the most authentic flight simulation software. Name me a better rotorcraft sim. You can't.

Gazelle flight model is a joke and you can land the thing upside down.
Huey can fly at max speed constantly as engine overheating is not simulated
Mi-8 has a Garmin GPS that never existed when the thing entered service, is the cargo bug that makes your helo have the same weight fixed yet?
KA-50 is good but has a strange damage model where 20mm to the engine will just make it smoke a bit
Did I miss anything?

Cephei you're pathetic

Why is there no discussion about simulation here

Because we're in a content drought

Bring /a3g/ here

who?

Arma 3

There's no such general

It is in simg discord.

>/simg/ was /a3g/ all along
like poetry

That's a containment channel. /a3g/ is cancer

>cancer
>yet we have top heads posting there
poetry

>advertise ourselves as being open to a3g
>shitters come flocking back

>few threads back
>no mention of /a3g/
>shitters in thread about il-2
wrong

Hence all the namefag and discord/teamspeak drama/cancer.

>shitters come flocking back

With the amount of shitpsoting that goes on here already it's hard to tell who is worse at this point...

Willing to host a variety of Arma 3 things if people wany to play.
Liberation, Dynamic Ops, or whatever else people want if they'll play

Пиздeц зaчeм тpeд тaкoй хyювий

Then start a3g up again, why the fuck do you keep brining it up?

Discord is shit and it always breeds the same breed of faggots and cocksuckers, t b h

Because it would save the general

>let's save the general by shooting it in the face

by discussing a game which simulates what exactly? king of the hill zombie survival?

People survive face shots and forget bad things

Milsim
Think of koth and zombie survival as 104th of dcs

so the only game mode people actually play? nice to know

I didn't say 1:1

Some A3 Liberation or Dynamic Ops with RHS is always fun.

/simg/ is not the place for arma
that cancerous discord has an arma channel, that does not make this an arma thread

>loud minority
the majority want this, so fuck off

Jack come back, we miss you, sorry for the sins

2 guys posting in the thread isn't a majority. fuck off trying to force your cancerous thread back onto Veeky Forums after you cucks got it deleted in the first place

check the strawpoll op made cuck

Planefags are just made that they play a dead 'game' with fake physics, expensive shitty planes, and horribly outdated graphics

go and make an arma 3 general you cuck

Arma isn't a sim

He's probably just some salty faggot who has a chip on his shoulder from someone within that shitty group so he uses that as an excuse to shitpost anyone who enjoy's A3.

Jack was on the wrong side of history.

I still love him and will always love.
Too bad he's gone forever :(

It really does make you think, hmm.

It's... It's almost like... like ArmA 3 was developed by a company who literally pioneered military simulation for use by all branches of military over the years... hmm...

What has DCS ever been used in/for? Any military simulation use? hmm... really boggles the joggles indeed.

ka-50 was made because russia ka-50 pilots
A-10C had something to do with US pilots(?)

Super Tucano when

>astroturfing and paid ads

Except that a-10c is a scrubbed training version for the national guard

and Arma is a working product used world wide to train the military

so really it's DCS that isn't the sim

Bingo. This user get's it. Point proven.

DCS 'really' is not a "sim".

Except you can replicate what it does in a bunch of other games because it lacks any real simulation of systems. You're exaggerating its use, and leaving out how the military uses other shitty games to teach basic strategy. What can you learn from arma apart from planning and procedures? Really not much, and you can go roleplay that stuff in other games lol

>RWR in DCS is fucked up
If this were any other developer, I would feel confident it would be fixed within a few weeks.

Since it's ED, does this mean that every plane now is fucked to death until the F-14 comes out?

>What has DCS ever been used in/for? Any military simulation use?
You are fucking retarded if you don't know the origin of A10C and DCS: Black Shark. Both things that only became consumer-related because they were simulators designed for two countries' air forces.

I'm perfectly fine with ArmA being a mainstay here, but you clearly just revealed yourself about how much of a newfag you are. /a3g/ can fuck right off if you're the kind of shithead that we can expect to see.
in b4
>hurr i was only pretending i knew all along that they were developed flight simulators for use in simulation pods. im not retarded. hurrr

>simg discussing sims
>it's retarded and means absolutely nothing in the end

You just said that DCS wasn't a simulator and had no military simulation use. Like you didn't know.
Sorry, your shitposting ends here. You clearly don't know jack fuck about sims and you probably don't even like ArmA that much if you're shitposting about simulators. I'm going to guess you're the shitposter who was bitching about '/k/ related content' in the thread two or three weeks ago back with a fresh new batch of shitposting. You shouldn't have played your hand until you took the ten fucking seconds to make sure you wouldn't sound like a retard to the rest of the thread who knew.
neck yourself.

So much projection and anger.

No need to get so upset and hurl insults because you got btfo now.

>I-I'm not retarded I didn't say something completely fucking stupid :(
>please take me seriously, thread
So much projection and stupidity. I'm sorry you got btfo by your own shitposting, but it's time to own up to the fact that you don't know jack shit about anything in this thread and get out.

Want to proclaim DCS wasn't used as a military simulator again? that sure worked last time. It's not like anyone can google the origin of DCS Black Shark and see that you're full of shit.

how many years it takes to see ops

I love how these DCS drones all become little emotionally angry projectionist who bring nothing to the table in there defense of the subject except angry rebuttals and 'heresay' excuses. Cute ;)

>Want to proclaim DCS wasn't used as a military simulator again?
There's no "official" sources on any military use of the modules/program in all the years which can only mean my point is correct and you faggots sperged out because you got shitsharted and btfo lol.

If you can't link/provide any sources then just shut the fuck up.

I love how you can't counter my argument so you double down on your retardation
thebattlesim.com/
Intelligent user killed Shitposter with a link to the company site that specifically shows off their military grade simulator software.
+1 point because arguing with you isn't worth anything.

>;)
At least you admit you're the same shitposting ban evader who was smacked the fuck down last time. I'm not going to argue with you further because when the mods come by and realize you're ban evading, I don't want to get culled with your retarded ass when they clean up your shit. Enjoy your new vacation when they come around.

linkedin.com/in/travis-day-62bbb27

Still no legitimate sources or articles on DCS ever being used by any military or for any non-commercial training purposes regarding military use or endorsement... just some random links to websites that claim they helped work on DCS and an obscure pic that looks like some kid photoshopped for operashuns at his local LAN party...

Pathetic... I'll keep waiting till SOMEONE can provide an answer.

>Still no legitimate sources or articles on DCS ever being used by any military or for any non-commercial training purposes regarding military use or endorsement.
thebattlesim.com/
Is this going to be like last time where people spam you with sources and you just keep shitposting?
Your last gambit of "g-guys, i don't think we're allowed on Veeky Forums all of us should just pack up and move to /k/ :( or else i report u BTFO :)" didn't work last time and resulted in you getting chain-banned. How long until this facade falls down? Do you really think you can keep shitting up simg without the janitors noticing?

>DCS BS was made for the Russian military
Biggest crap ever, Kamov made a tech demo to show off the KA-50 for export and the one we have is a prototype helo not in service but for testing.

Black shark module was made to train future KA-50 pilots. Unfortunately the KA-50's life was short lived like so many other projects.
But it's still a sim made for the military, BTFO.

>Black shark module was made to train future KA-50 pilots
Is there a source to this claim?

>the merica poster got gassed in the previous thread
>the nazi one didnt

wtf i love simg now :)

source: DCS' history linked on the official pages for the aircraft sim I keep linking.

what sim is this post from?