/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #948 - Tokyo Game Show Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/09/20/sonic-forces-your-custom-character-cant-be-as-cool-as-sonic
youtube.com/watch?v=cUZMkRX720o
youtube.com/watch?v=ROCp-_dCm_M&feature=youtu.be&t=5m00s
vocaroo.com/i/s0JOEkZz9XhG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SONIC, IT'S AN EMERGENCY

I want Heavy Magician to vore me

ALL HAIL LORD EGGMAN
ALL HAIL LORD EGGMAN
ALL HAIL LORD EGGMAN

It's this general's fault I started shipping.

>As previously announced by Sega, players can choose one of seven animal archetypes to customize for their Hero Character. Sonic Forces Producer Shun Nakamura said, with the help of a translator, that the creator isn’t anywhere near as complex as something like Fallout, but said players will instead get to pick from set characteristics, kind of like a doll maker.

>“What [the team] wanted to do is make sure that when you create your character, this character starting out is just another person in the city. But what [the team] see online is probably what the fans kind of want to imagine to be is this super unique, super powerful character on the same level as Sonic,” Nakamura said. “None of your character’s are at Sonic’s level yet. They’re just regular people that are taking on this important task and going on this adventure with Sonic as a normal person.”

ign.com/articles/2017/09/20/sonic-forces-your-custom-character-cant-be-as-cool-as-sonic
>ign

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Good.
Who wants to be some oc Mary sue unless you're playing in some no stakes game like Fallout.

>None of your character’s are at Sonic’s level yet. They’re just regular people that are taking on this important task and going on this adventure with Sonic as a normal person.
If I can't be a fat purple fishercat with a frog companion then zero buys.

I'm looking forward to the game, but lol.

This should be Force's theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=cUZMkRX720o

>They’re just regular people that are taking on this important task and going on this adventure with Sonic as a normal person.
So they're implying that Buddy doesn't play a vital role in the game's plot and is "just along for the ride"? Yeah, somehow I don't buy it.

On the one hand, it's a shame the Avatar creator will be so basic.
On the other hand, I'm glad they're keeping the autism in check.

SILVER IS A CUTE!

If you were to make Sonic Heroes style three-man-teams with the SatAM cast, what would they be like and why? I'll go first:

Team Freedom:
>Speed: Sally Acorn
>Flight: Nicole the Holo-Lynx
>Power: Ben "Mutt" Muttski

Team Fighters:
>Speed: Antoine D'Coolette
>Flight: Bunnie Rabbot
>Power: Rotor the Walrus

Team ????:
>Speed: Lupe the Wolf
>Flight: ????
>Power: Dulcy the Dragon

Two cute hedgies means even more comfy snuggles.

On the bright side we can recreate Pele the Beloved Dog and Hatsun the Pigeon.

I feel like this general is very slowly turning me into a furry

>slowly
Then clearly it's not doing its job.

Team Canon
>Speed: Sonic
>Flight: Tails
>Power: Knuckles

Team Rose
>Speed: Amy
>Power: Big
>Flight Cream

Team Fucking Dead
>Everyone else

What do you think Sonic smells like?

Green grass

>Metal Sonic dead
I was upset at first, but I mean, I guess it makes sense. He was technically never "alive" to begin with. Everything checks out here, carry on.

Threesomes are the way to go!

>Hedgehogs have no body odor. They don’t stink at all.
>Although hedgehogs don’t clean themselves, they are clean animals.

Decided to translate that cute comic from before.

Silver has shit taste in food if he thinks (what I assume is) burnt meat made by Blaze is better then his future timeline's cuisine. You think his diet consists of futuristic military grade food rations?

Also, I see you've added more translated comics to the booru. You gonna add this one to the booru as well?

Food is probably really gross quality and scarce I imagine... or he's just trying to be nice.

Yeah will do. I'm trying to do it slowly because I don't want to flood the booru but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference to be honest.

You did a pretty good job, Amy a cute.

I think someone just posted fanart, I don't think that's an artist's piece.

Interesting.

It really looks like Classic was shopped in

It is SLW concept art.

>yet
>They’re just regular people that are taking on this important task and going on this adventure with Sonic as a normal person.
>constantly trying to say nothing special is about Buddy
This is beyond full of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ROCp-_dCm_M&feature=youtu.be&t=5m00s

you know I only realised the other day these are supposed to match
kinda neat

Look! It's a giant talking rat!

Good. Keeping the Mary Sues off.

Are those pics representing Spring and Autumn respectively? What does Sonic Channel's Summer and Winter look like then?

ign's other content is top tier. it's only the reviews that suck

no idea, could be?
I just noticed the poses are identical
I think pic related could be summer, winter is a bit more difficult to pin point since there's so much winter art

are there any others that match like this?

>It was trying to hypnotize me.

remembering based shadanons contribution

vocaroo.com/i/s0JOEkZz9XhG

>Mania is the best Sonic game

something that I kinda wished would happen would be if Chaos was an ally for a game and in the end he turned perfect and you controlled him in a kaiju fight, like the end of unleashed and the colossus.

it won't happen but ti crossed my mind recently

There is nothing wrong with that opinion.

That'd be a horrible idea sadly.

>Unleashed is bad because of the werehog a-a-and it shouldn't be in a Sonic game b-be-because I say so!

>I like little girls. THIS IS WHO I AM!
Perfect.

>The Boom show is funny

Shadanon was top tier

>Only 1/3 of SA2 is good, the treasure hunting stages and mech stages are bad

Is Riders completely dead?

>It's a story about a blue hedgehog

I can't imagine being unable to form actual arguments as to why the games you like are good and instead resort to posting meme images

you're supposed to use the clues and learn the levels for the treasure hunting levels, it's a treasure hunt.

>Y-you guys were just playing Sonic CD wrong! If you actually take the time to explore the levels, it's the best game in the entire series.

I want that statue.

Yes, unless they remove kinect from Free Riders.

Favorite character
Favorite breakfast food

go

Ol' Fashioned Bacon n Eggs

It may well be that we've grown tired of the ensuing non-arguments and no longer even pretend to communicate.

>Posting Wojacks

It just wastes image space for bait posts that don't even have any effort put into them. Take it to /v/

Bagels with cream cheese and bacon.

knuckles
a trap's cock

As a bit of a fun creative exercise, let's say that a new 2D Sonic game is being made (your choice whether it's Classic, Advance, or Rush styled) , and they want to make a pre-existing character playable with a new moveset.

Your job is to come up with a new moveset for this character (or at least some neat concepts for it) that could fit within the overall Sonic gameplay while still giving them their own unique feel.

Some things to keep in mind:
1. The game and it's levels would be designed with Sonic's playstyle in mind first and foremost. Don't give them a moveset that's so radically different that it would leave them unable to complete any level that Sonic could (at least not without heavy editing of the level).

2. On the other hand, try not to make them a complete clone of Sonic gameplay-wise.

3. A good example of this sort of thing would be Amy in Sonic Advance. Their movesets don't have to be as different as hers mind you, it's just an example of how an alternate gameplay style could work in a 2D sonic game.

>Sonic Colors has good writing and how a Sonic story should be

Sausage and Eggs with Toast.

>Heroes and after is the dark ages, Colors and after is the renaissance era

A cup of tea

This is good stuff.

Metal Sonic
Full English

No but seriously, there's got to be more to work with than that. I'll just list off important characters by debuting continuity:

1. AoStH:
>Scratch
>Grounder
>Coconuts
>Breezie

2. SatAM:
>Sally
>Nicole
>Antoine
>Bunnie
>Rotor
>Muttski
>Lupe
>Dulcy
>Adults like Uncle Chuck, Rosie and King Acorn (in the same vain as Vanilla)

3. Underground:
>Sonia
>Manic
>Sleet
>Dingo
>Adults like Aleena (in the same vain as Vanilla)

4. OVA:
>Old Man Owl

5. X:
>Cosmo

6. Boom:
>Sticks

Did I miss any other charaters or are these the most important non-game characters in their respective continuities?

I'll have Omega playable and the shields to give him different shoots

Heavy Magician is my girlfriend.

Sonic
Pancakes

I wish I had a Sonic cookie cutter so I could Sonic shaped pancakes with chocolate ships and ice cream for eyes

Okay, just don't hit on my genie wife.

But that's true. Werehog was clunky as shit and just wasn't fun to play. The day time stages are what make unleashed mediocre at best.

>Black Knight is bad because of motion controls

what's her favorite position?

>Genie wife
>Was my spy all along

>marrying Erazor's used goods

I want a sentient artificial Chaos. Their design is cool as shit.
Maybe have one in an antagonistic role similar to Metal Sonic in Heroes where it thinks it's the real Chaos and tries to grab the chaos emeralds to destroy everything.

This general has made me feel apprehensive about posting shipping art. Doesn't help that my OTP doesn't exactly have the best reputation around here.

>mr president
>sara
>not important

>Brainlets instantly appear to argue.

I also forgot to add Snively and Naugus under the SatAM section.

>magic bullet
>magic mountain

t. piece of shit dumb fuck that's never played the game
I replay the Werehog stages just as much as I do the Boosting stages. It's very well thought-out and a extremely satisfying and rewarding gameplay style that gets thrown in the dark just because people are too fucking retarded to appreciate it.

Fuck off, Erazor. Our love is pure.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

Enemy HP is too high and that's what causes it to be a drag

wew

Are you that much of a braindead brainlet that you can't see that this is a mockery of you?

>sonic adventure was good

Yeah I know what you're talking about, that 1 user sure loves stirring up shit for whatever reason.
For what it's worth I know you're not all like that. But man does the hate get annoying after it keeps being spammed.
It's like he doesn't realise he's giving people a negative impression about his ship by doing it.

>The treasure hunting stages were actually pretty good. You just need to stop being shit at the game.