/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #116

Reading is hard edition

Last Thread: Latest News
>The Duel Tower event is live now. After each duel, your life points don't reset. Rev up those Reshef of Destruction repressed memories.
>GX world will be going live late September. Alexis, Bastion, Jaden, Chazz and Aster have been confirmed as gate duelists.
>Bonz will be available to unlock in October
>new minibox out, doesn't have anything really meta defining
>new full box tomorrow

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (VERY OUTDATED)
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for bad players
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>when sending Vagabonds, always choose the 1 card challenge because it's gives the most XP
>using the modded APK to farm will result in a ban eventually
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're are really unsure about what to buy, Dawn of Destiny is a solid choice because it contains the components for Naturia and Phoenix decks which are both KoG tier. On top of that, it's a minibox so it's easy to clear.
>It is advised not to pass stage 38 unless you want your auto duel win rate to plummet
>Level up Mai and Keith first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CN_DjYDHEVU
youtube.com/watch?v=bDfgAKPrfq8
youtube.com/watch?v=igDwXP9E3DY
youtu.be/8O_vMNOsG4Y
roadoftheking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/DuelLinksWCQ2017_H1st_Three-StarDarkMagician.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When?

Get ready /dlg/ for some juicy news and Kenn

I hope we get a trailer with all the GX characters and a glimpse of the new Duel World.

Does the arrow in the image count as a link arrow?

THREAD THEME:
youtube.com/watch?v=CN_DjYDHEVU

>tfw faced 2 Grandpa's Cards in a row in Legend
>first was Red-Eyes, second was Necrofear
>bricked against Necrofear and he managed to get like 8-9 cards in hand at one point, shit ton of Kuribohs dropping
>still won both

I'm always on edge playing them unless they have like 2 cards in hand.

Take that shit out of here and off yourself

REAL THREAD THEME:

youtube.com/watch?v=bDfgAKPrfq8

SAILING MY SEA WITH MY CREW IN THE SCHOOLYARD

>Konami tries to force their column-based mechanics for years
>finally come up with Links
>release Duel Links that sets monsters and spells automatically
really makes you think

>less than 24 hours till we get our first look at GX world

WHO READY FOR THEM TOUGH TIMES?

Anyone know when this is in burger time?

get shit on weeaboo

HARD CLIMBS

>A particular guest

>weeaboo
Like that means something here

That was comparatively terrible

The second one is even better

youtube.com/watch?v=igDwXP9E3DY

>WHO READY FOR THE DEATH OF DUEL LINKS?
ftfy

Nah, that will be 5Ds

It's not so bad. Only 1 Bubbleman possible, and Judai's duel rewards are a fucking joke. He also only starts with shitty ass Neos, Burstinatrix, and Avian (not even getting Flame Wingman until something like Lv 8).

You know who

Duel Links isn't even close to reaching its final form

My waifu getting corrupted when?

This. Even if they make it so you can only get one, Black Rose Dragon will be something that players have to fear for the rest of the game. Stardust Dragon also fucking kills 80% of the removal in the game.

People probably think ZeXal will kill us, but most of the anime-based Xyz and B-List Xyz are complete dogshit so I doubt it.

>even yugioh has genwunners
Jej

YGO's genwunners are hard to get rid of because the game actually progressed beyond them, was refined over time, and is no longer a slow-ass competition over who plays Celtic Guardian/Summoned Skull (depending on which region you started in) first and who ripped into Change of Heart.

Preach it my man.

I would. If it dropped. I only get like 2000-3000 points per win with Tea. So it will take a while.
Also I'm a stagelet. Stage 16.

I get what today's loaner deck tried to do, I really do.
But it just doesn't work. Not even agaisnt Meg. It's creative, but it's SHIT.

Can you complete the 'Deal 1000 effect damage with one activation' with Lava Golem?

Was Celtic Guardian really that good? This was even before cards like Harpy's Brother then? I'm sure I played around that era, but it was Yugi starting deck in grade 3 type of "play". I thought Soul Exchange just traded your two monsters.

Can you learn how to read card effects?

Celtic Guardian was never as good in TCG as it was in OCG since we got Starter Deck Yugi right away, but yeah, CG was THE card to pull back in the earlier OCG sets.

any recommendos friendos?

Trasho cano

finished valkyrie and flame planning on doing neo impact. what cards should I add/remove?

Shoul i spent all my gems in order to try to get 3x Swamp king or should i save them

Yeah, why not?

Celtic Guardian was meta.
Back in the old days, the meta was defined by normal monsters: Celtic Guardian, Summoned Skull, La Jinn, Mechanical Chaser and lastly, Gemini Elf.
Then, effect monsters started to become the norm,

Stop spending gems until GX comes out, and especially don't spend ANY on Neo Impact. Literally every single card except like 2-3 are outclassed at this point

So is it possible to get packs without forking money or not?

No, Celtic Guardian was only meta in the OCG. A 1400 attack 4 star was crazy strong. TCG started later and got 1800 attack 4 stars in the first starter decks.

Reading is hard, user.

Yeah, forgot to add that.

Yes, just look at me F2P and have every single deck

>still no taylor

*Honda

Why are Japanese names so common.
I swear I know like 5 different Honda.

>weebspeak
Out

F

Why are English names so common? I swear I know 5 different Johns.

Manjoume

Edo was better. Will Destiny Heroes become Meta?

No, because they still fucking suck and we'll never get Disk Commander in Duel Links. The majority of the deck has no clue what to do with itself and has either asinine summoning conditions or fucking low ATK.

Use the apk you dumb asshole

>Edo
ITS ASTER YOU RETARD

Edo Phoenix you 4kids baby

>column-based mechanics

?

youtu.be/8O_vMNOsG4Y

roadoftheking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/DuelLinksWCQ2017_H1st_Three-StarDarkMagician.jpg

Which version is better?

I know everyone wants to use Judai and Manjoume but what about based Sho? He is OP too

>spend ~1000 keys on Tea to get two more Supremacy Berries
>get 2 Dark Magician Girls
>3 summon spell
>some other SRs
>no a single Supremacy Berries

I'd be happy to if someone spoonfed me a version that didn't break with this event.

Edo/Ed is so much better than fucking Aster

fucking hate that faggot, even his character development doesnt redeem him

I think its better to wait for the new version once GX comes. Mine doesn't break tho

His name is Aster because he's Astar duelist

Heh.

>used to spread cards out all over the place so they'd form little cute patterns
>mfw where you place the cards actually matters, it can have tactical value

I dont know how to feel about this

>brick while trying to do these bullshit challenges
>have to wait 3 hours to try again
HAHA isn't this fun!

You can get 3 freebie healing potions every day by playing 5 ranked duels

Roids are stupid

What the FUCK did you just say?

You know whats stupid? Neo Spacian Shaddoll Trains.

What about Dark Jeroid?

You know what's stupid?

Neo Spacians.

This one card can put blue-eyes and rituals back into the meta

Am I wrong for running x1 Jurassic World, knowing that my spell card gets destroyed often ... but having no way to search it except Heart of the Underdog?

Destroyersaurus

I didnt get any, my week was full of shitty back breaking work

>fire event going on
>royal firestorm guards obtainable
>free pyrorex for completing
>gx soon

guy is it time for one of my favorite decks to come out?

Are any of these event cards mandatory 3x? These challenges are so damn tedious, I should be able to get enough points for one reward box + the free set for completing the tower

He died recently. Rich Piana.

Where is this stated? The event page says you can only get them through the stupid lottery and as floor reward.

5 pvp duels, check your missions; mailbox afterwards.

Just look under your special missions tab, there's a 1 win, 3 win, and 5 win potion

No he didn't, I saw him on the corner selling mixtapes with Tupac

>can't complete the event let alone even get to floor 20 cause this shit is 2hard4me

Thanks konami.

Anyone know if there's going to be a livestream to this?

unless they add reload, volcanics will suck
>500 per shell with 4000 starting lp

Probably but since it's in Tokyo it probably won't have subs. It airs between 7-9pm tomorrow in the US depending on your timezone

>out of pots
>get a brick ass hand
>good bye gems for 3 hours

>tfw i only want the poki draco sleeves

>phoenix decks in the fucking event

Well played Konami.

I don't cheat.

Horus is way worse to deal with. He will no doubt in my mind be meta when the new box drops, unlike Silent Magician and Ultimate Insect.

>attack facedown kidmodo which summons Horus lv6
>if I didn't, they'd just tribute lv6
>level up
>draw none of my traps
>gg

Yeah. My problem is by this point I'm so tired of phoenix I just got so mad when Konami added it to the fucking event.

I'm sad about Silent Magician too. Such a cool card, it deserved to be meta. I guess Konami will just keep power creeping everything I've ever liked into oblivion.

Ninjas are worse if you want to do all missions

Honestly by this point I just want the gems and the F30 event icon.

God knows I'm suffering for them.

When / how do you think they'll add more Dark Magician support? Next mini box? LD drops from Yugi, level up rewards?