/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

Tolerance and no bully edition

Previous thread FAQ:
>Where do I look up tanks?
tanks.gg/wot/
>How do I find people to platoon with?
Ask in the Veeky Forums channel

>Want to do clan stuff?
EU: NOPAN -eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/(apply through the website and write something nice)

NA: AWOO -na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/

Other urls found in this thread:

eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/7060/
console.worldoftanks.com/en/content/about/game-guides/marks-of-excellence/
files.catbox.moe/1j9584.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ranked battle Erlenberg
>Draw because everyone camps hull down
Is there anything more awful?

> Is there anything more awful
Quickybaby

post 2nd class games

Do you think WG has made enough of an attempt to get the honest opinions of the playerbase?

they don't care about the playerbase's opinions
not the western ones at least

Reminder that Soviets are fair and balanced

>122mm on the KV85

>driving jadpanther, spot isu152
>i shoot him for 238 damage
>he shoots me for 826
t-thanks

Stop driving tanks of a nation who lost the war desu

What would you do if you were so bad at the game that you'd struggle getting the first mark in any tank? Me personally? I'd uninstall and stop playing video games.

Why would anyone struggle just shoot gold like quickybaby and boom 80% win rate

>be new player
>don't have the credits to just shoot gold at everything

there have to be people w/o marks
otherwise the marks system wouldnt work
you cant be better than 65% of ppl, if 65% of ppl stop playing cause they cant get the first mark
so i wouldnt care if i dont get a mark

> be me
> be new player 5 games
> buy tier 8 prem
Problem solved

>eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/7060/
is this worth it? Also got -20% coupon for elite medal.

imo its not, high tier swede td's are one of the most boring tanks to play in the game
its not a good money maker either because you dont spot yourself alot of the damage you do in this tank

>Jewing this hard
I haven't seen this one yet. Since when has this been a thing and when does that coupon expire?

>you cant be better than 65% of ppl, if 65% of ppl stop playing cause they cant get the first mark
That's not how marks work, it's 65% better than peoples best games, not average games.

>it's 65% better than peoples best games, not average games.

No, that's ace tankers. MoE is a percentile based on the average damage people deal in the tank. Ace is your best game because it deals with highest XP earned.

>get caught talking shit about things you barely understand
jesus christ how embarrassing, post your marked tanks you orange shitter

>MoE is a percentile based on the average damage people deal in the tank
thats wrong, otherwise every unicum would 3 mark every tank he played 100 games in
if you have xvm installed it shows you how the dpg compares to the rest of the playerbase, i have dozen of tanks were i score way over 95% and that doesnt mean i got 3 marks in them

Marks of Excellence are essentially Mastery badges that look at direct player damage + assisted damage, instead of Experience. Like Mastery Badges, they can only be awarded if a player achieves more damage per game than a percentage of the entire player base. The game server then takes the average damage over the past 14 days from all players who have played that tank and compares it against the player's average damage after each battle.
T. From wot website

>just grind to T10 to not have to play the awful unfun garbage at T8
>just pay money to play T8 to afford to play T10
xd

>otherwise every unicum would 3 mark every tank he played 100 games in

Some of them do.

>it's a 'keep grinding out modules on the T10' episode

>tfw you found a platoonbuddy but he has to go
feels bad
now im all alone again

I'll platoon with you if you start an NA account

>MoE is a percentile based on the average damage people deal in the tank.
No it's not lol, your yellow is showing.

no i dont wanna do all the awful grinds again on a server that lasts 2 years tops
sorry

>Like Mastery Badges, they can only be awarded if a player achieves more damage per game than a percentage of the entire player base.

I didn't realize only yellows could read.

console.worldoftanks.com/en/content/about/game-guides/marks-of-excellence/

>Trying to get your secondaries on HT-15
>Actually make the primaries
>"Secondary condition: Win the battle"
>Your team of three turbored, heavy tank shitlords throw a capwin by trying to chase the last remaining artillery
>It's an FV304
Can't make this shit up

I might have to start playing bong tanks now that WG keeps giving out free sixth sense trained british crews.

It turns out that arty is such a skilled class even AI can do it.

files.catbox.moe/1j9584.mp4

>no repair kit
Your fault tbj

> what is repair already having been used

Anyway, that's actually the first one of the War Stories that was a challenge. When you get to the beach there are like 10 tanks who shoot you and only you. They have bot aim but if you get tracked with no more repair kits you're 100% dead. Took me like 9 or 10 tries to even reach the boss.

Should I use binoculars on my Guard? I can't fucking stand having under 430 viewrange on a tier 8 medium, and I'm not going to kill my credit earnings with food just to get full viewrange.

>console doesnt have reusable consumables yet
I feel sorry for you

console wot has a campaign?!

wtf I love console now

>Binocs
>Not using Optics, Food, and both vision crew skills for optimal vision control

T. Yellow

I would go with optics , and your right about food never use that shit I can't tell you how many retards I encounter at tier 10 who traded a fire extinguisher for food

Well we have unnerfed arty, anime tanks, the Waffentrager E-100, unmurdered light tanks, and Swede tanks haven't ruined tier 10 yet so I'll take one time consumables in exchange for all that.

>console wot has a campaign?!
Sort of. You get three short missions per campaign and there are four campaigns of which three have been released so 12 missions in total so far. The campaigns themselves are shitty "what if" scenarios where Russians and Germans are the unambiguous bad guys and UK and US can do no wrong. Also none of the tanks are time period accurate because that particular mission had me fighting a Tiger II in a cromwell on the beaches of england in 1940.

The rewards are VERY GOOD though. So far I've gotten three sixth sense trained crews, (two british and one american), 20,000 free xp, and numerous XP boosts. On console we can play regular and special matches against bots on a select few MP maps.

When people say the console version is better they aren't being facetious.

>your right about food never use that shit I can't tell you how many retards I encounter at tier 10 who traded a fire extinguisher for food

t. yellow
You can't get set on fire if you don't get hit and the firefighting perk is even more effective with food. If I get set on fire I just accept the fate the RNG has laid out for me.

>Never use food

post stats

it's a france episode

How is the Edelweiss? Planning to pick it up when it becomes available.

its like an amx cdc but with good gun handling and armour

>You can't get set on fire if you don't get hit
You can also not die if you don't get hit but I mean e100s shouldn't be camping by arty don't you say or are you of those shitter who crys about shitty teams then camps bush In an e100 ?

Is it coming to NA?

fire extinguishers passively reduce the chance of fire and are better at it than wasting a crew skill on firefighting, which you really should not waste your time with unless you're already on your 5th skill

food is only worth it on tanks that have low chances of engine fires and/or have bad gun handling and need to compensate for it

Good to know, I'll look into it.

I damn well hope so.

English isn't your first language eh? And no one I'm not one of those shitters camps bush in an E100. My E100 sits comfortably in the garage because I have better tanks that.

Your point was beaten by logic , enjoy

Know that feeling. Everyone on my friend's list has stopped playing.

Guess those platoon missions are going to have to wait for unicorn games.

On console crew training works a bit differently so giving up a skill for firefighting isn't as big of a deal. But I mostly agree that a fire extinguisher is better for fighting fires but the DPM, accuracy, and view range buff from food is fantastic on the T-62 many other tanks.

Okay, enjoy whatever shallow satisfaction you get from incorrectly thinking you won a Veeky Forums "argument"

What is the best tier 10 heavy?

IS-7 or WZ 5A

5A
MAUS
E5
50B = K wagon = T57 depending on map

The E5 isn't a heavy lmao

Join a new clan that's actually active.

How many battles will it take for my 3rd skill to get 100%?

Depends on a tank, reserves, missions and premium.

on e75, got no premium, just 100% boosters

>commander
>2 skills, including a free one
>not taking ss over repairs
>training ss
Jesus christ man

>Commander is a Stabsfeldwebel with no Sixth Sense

embarrassing desu

>tfw I played 30 games with tier 9 light tanks in a row and actually made a profit
The only good thing WG did with the light tank reworks was give them good standard pen and bad premium pen so that you don't have to fire HEAT all day in these tanks.

Itll get 6th sense soon

Its an old crew, before i knew better

If T69 is already in garage we'll get T71 DA for free?

I'm thinking about getting both chink t10 heavies. Should I use my crew from premium meds in second heavy? Is 121 really that bad?

121 is a lot better than it used to be, but even after the 121's depression buff the chink heavies are still better at being mediums than the actual chink medium. The 121 does get style points for being among the most aesthetically pleasing tanks in the game, though. I would say buy a 5A for tryharding and then buy a 121 for when you actually want to try to have fun (I know that's hard to do in this game, but you have to at least try).

The 121 isn't bad, its just a worse 113. Get the 5A first though, its an IS-7 with actual mobility; not high hp/t but fucked soft stats.

Oh God the path to FV215 is horrible.

Any pro-tip for Caervanon? I'm having a hard time doing xp in it, can only do support so far.

>Any pro-tip for Caervanon?
play it like a pershing with a broken engine and dead driver

Shoot stuff in the tracks when you inevitably can't penetrate shit in tier 10 games.

Poke hills. It's the only thing it can do well.

IT WILL BE FREE WITH SLOT AND FULL ZERO CREW

i wish the daily bounce dude would learn english desu, reading his articles is like having a lobotomy out the ear.

>Any pro-tip for Caervanon?
FreeXP m8
Don't spend it.
Save it, you'll need 88k for when you hit the Conq as to just FreeXP right into the L1A1 and turret, otherwise you're playing a Tier 9 Caernarvon until you do.

As per the playstyle required in the Caernarvon, you're mainly a second line tank, the turret has armour, but it's not entirely reliable, so keep back, make yourself a difficult target. Take advantage of tracking shots and just use what DPM you have to get damage from tracked tanks.

So? What do you guys think it changed?

>professional scene

>russians get T-44 lightweight
>USA gets T92
>germans get awful panther
>french get ELC 90
china better get some good shit as well

>WZ-132-2 model 1-3 FGT

>Driver ded
>Use medkit on driver
>Two shots later
>Driver ded

If they would introduce the MBT70 into the game, what nation would it belong to? Burgers or krauts?

>expiration is 7 days.

>ammo rack damaged
>repair
>ammo rack damaged

>got special offer like that
>15% off on ANYTHING in premium shop
>offer said it no expiration date
>it expired few weeks abot after about a month

top kek

Sale wise I'd go with germans since german heavies are so damn popular and since germans will buy literally anything

>offer said it no expiration date
they all last 7 days, should have looked up "my coupons" on the website, of course in-game pop-up never mentions that

>34,5 hp/t, can boost up to 50hp/t for short durations
>70 km/h top speed
>40 km/h reverse
>3 man crew
>-10°/+15° depression/elevation
>60°/s traverse
>presumably 100 or 120mm frontal armor
>twin 120mm cannons
>single, double or volley fire modes
>fire rate of 10 to 12 shots per minute depending on the fire selection
>the left cannon is a 6-shot REVOLVER OCELOT because fuck you
gib

This any good? On sale right now + 30 premium days.

cancer to play as
cancer to play against
enjoy camping same spot for 12 minutes because the moment you get lit up you get defecated upon

So not worth it? What about that sloped armor? I read it that historically it should deflect almost everything.

30mm armor will be overmatched by absolutely everything, that's why it dies within seconds the moment it gets spotted and that's why you camp redline for the entire battle

>it should deflect almost everything
>WoT
You may want to look for another game if you want historical accuracy.

enemy t-10 was a tomato shooting all HE
lol