Ethereum is not inflationary

>Ethereum is not inflationary

reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/61gc35/looking_for_confirmation_of_total_eth_that_can_be/

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ethereum.org/2014/04/10/the-issuance-model-in-ethereum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Here's the thing: Ethereum is NOT a cryptocurrency as much as it's a cryptotoken. Bitcoin was designed specifically to be a currency and store of value, whereas Ether tokens are being developed to do more than just store value of a currency. The tokens are being developed to aid in contract enforcement and even data storage to a point.

bingo

it's disinflationary.
blog.ethereum.org/2014/04/10/the-issuance-model-in-ethereum/

OP is a faggot.

its actually inflationary, but very little

my biggest gripe about it is that 95% dont realize its a token for services that havent even started yet, couldnt even properly articulate what ETH is for and that they compare the initial ETH hype with the enterprise ethereum alliance with the memetic get-rich-overnight stories of bitcoin

Its too complacent, too bullish, I dont like it.

short term yes, long term no.
inflation decreases as the supply will be smaller and smaller every year.
Mining rewards will be cut down to 4 ETH per block until mining will be shut down in favor for PoS with CASPER.

image description:
Amount of ETH in existence (dark green curve) on the left axis. Monetary base inflation rate (light green curve) on the right axis. Years on the horizontal axis

Ethereum pumped way too quickly only as a result of BTC's segwit decision.

It is due for a massive correction, especially if BTC ends up being fine.

Everything is right except there will be a tiny inflation % even after the switch to PoS.

I work at an Ethereum company.

Have fun when Ethereum crashes and your company doesn't exist anymore!

I'm betting on this. It's going up as I watch, who think's Ethereum will drop back to 30 in a couple days?

It can operate without it, but with it the possibilities are endless.

Not too worry about a crash put a ton of money into it when it was worth .50 haven't touched it since. I'm practically super rich now so I'll be fine.

no way, Raiden network and Metropolis will be here in months. BTC is hemorrhaging like crazy. ETH is just getting started. We haven't had a bullrun like BTC did in 2013 yet, but every article you read about BTC you also read about ETH. The switch is happening. I'm also colleagues with a lot of the people at the exchanges and they all agree something big is happening with ETH right now

OP is a time travel and supremely ass fractured that in 200 years there's too much ETH out there

my condolences OP

I know the shift is going from BTC to ETH but we don't really think ETH is going to be hitting BTC's value range though? I really think BTC going into gold/oz range was an anomaly

it never was in Gold/oz range it was only in price, their market caps are totally different. Only a fool would think that they were equal based on price. Same goes for ETH, if ETH hit $1000 the market cap would be astronomical. People who don't understand math should not trade and should say poor and work at McDonalds.

>it never was in Gold/oz range it was only in price, their market caps are totally different. Only a fool would think that they were equal based on price.

that wasn't my implication

BUY GOLOS

Veeky Forums only!

Who the arse is this madman guy?

How do we know this the same madman who pumped XMG from 2500 to 5000 yesterday?

he gave 2 photo proofs earlier today with timestamp

what was your implication then?

and yet ETH holders still all made at least 100% return in like 3 weeks, founders made 10000%

>i dont understand theregore its BAD!

Programmer buy eth its for certain going to hit 100 afterwards who knows , i doubt it will get close to 500 though

I'm only expecting 100-200, maybe 300 if we are lucky, but if bitcoin shits the bed completely (like it's currently doing) all bets are off really

You don't understand market psychology.

Knowing that no more than 21 million BTC will ever exist is a really feel-good asset for the long term holder, be either tomorrow or 1000 years. CERTAINTY.

scarcity is not a good thing with a currency. do people go to walmart and try to pay with a bar of gold? no, they don't. only fools expect ETH to reach BTC levels. ETH is more of a currency than BTC is, BECAUSE of its inflationary properties.

>scarcity is not a good thing with a currency

yeah thats why gold is so bad HUH

gold is mined at an ever increasing rate. roughly follows population and economic growth. which is nice.

there is nothing certain about holding assets they can steadily lose value if demand drops over time. even gold can drop value in the next century to next to nothing. cryptos are way more in danger of that most of their price comes from hype and expectation which is fickle.

This is the big red flag ,most alts got pumped at the same time ,when btc recovers we will see a big correction

>scarcity is not a good thing with a currency
bollocks. textbook Keynesian academic nonsense.

no keynesians are all about perpetual boom and trying to skip busts. they are not trying to make a currency keep it's value by fucking with the supply. they are trying to avoid depressions by increased gov spending. increased money supply is only a side effect.

but if you want a currency that is good money long term you want the supply to grow with the population and the economy (which was the case for gold). that's helpful.

now some might argue a little inflation is good because it makes people not just hoard and sit on money but actually invest and thus make the economy work better, and grow faster. but again that's not really what keynsians are about.

keynsian economics is all about aggregate demand ie the state spending when the people are tightening belts.

People already dumping ETH to go back to BTC now that its confirmed the HF is just FUD.

Buy naw

>now that its confirmed the HF is just FUD.

Source???

I was buying the entire time xbt was dipping and got rid of my bull trap eth at 47

feels good to be alive man

I just converted my bitcoin into ethereum at 50$ value and BTC 1000 value. Am I fucked?

>bought high, sold low

what is the problems?

except I haven't lost any money because I was already up. I'm just concerned that ETH is about to be dumped