/elyg/ - Elysium General

>Server Homepage
elysium-project.org/

>Realmlist/make an account/etc:
elysium-project.org/play

>Guild:
ELYSIUM PvP

Alliance guild:

Currrently raiding MC/Ony/BWL. 2nd raid group just started up , alts and meme specs possible. 320 members and ~120 60s. Raids start at 6:30 GMT.

Horde guild:

Merged with and now has loot priority in raid 2.

/who "guild name", and whisper a higher level character to get an invite.

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

Disconnecting? Read this:
>Jakira - 01/08/2017
>pastebin.com/Se5UvWRD-- If you are getting constant disconnects. Put this information in your config.wtf file inside your WTF folder. Please change "Insert Account name Here" to your account name. Also use THIS copy and paste for your realmlist.wtf file inside of your wow folderpastebin.com/JZg7Qgw6

>New to Elysium? Go here pleb:
forum.elysium-project.org/topic/23618-beginners-guide-—-check-here-before-posting/

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (Drop the MPQ in your data folder, and don't post screenshots and get banned retard):
mediafire.com/file/igrn28dw2r9qghr/patch-5.mpq

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why bother?

is the Horde guild, currently pugging on the weekends and moving towards our own raids!

jumpies!

Wow so Cucklord is the one leaving us out of the OP?
I'm sure this is squido and you're perfectly ok with bending over for these retards, faggot.

I just want to kill people 24/7. Please feed me loot.

G invite Cannaphobia

Who?

ZG this Wedsnday my friends

doubt it

Druids!

>tfw got IBS quest done as alliance
Feels good. Now I can enjoy being a wannabe warrior for 9 more levels until I put on my dress.
How rough is exalted in AV?

Kinda shit. The only reasonable way to do it is on the AV weekend, and if you pug you have to do it by losing 300 games quickly.

What's pvp on a warrior like? What are the class' matchups?

Warrior

> What are the class' matchups
without consumables its unironically warrior
with consumes however you can beat rogues as well

what should i roll

Druid

i guess i could wait to premade at 60. but i'll do as much as possible for AV weekend anyhow. just thought the unstoppable force would be fun to meme with later on.

so what do warriors do for pvp then? just get a healslut to follow them 24/7?

Yes

yes, they are useless outside of premades and die to literally anything even with bis gear

who?

Oh sorry

Who?

warrior

why aren't you allowed to use thunder clap in defensive stance

this is fucking bullshit. it's like the most efficient way to gather aggro

warrior

>he doesent know

know what

shouts my nigga

warrior

>Elysium
>premades

i know a frost trape can be resisted, what about a blind? its a nature spell if i remember correctly

alright so whats a fun class that can actually pvp without need for constant backup, but is also useful for dungeons and raids

druid

Me!

where is last thread?

>implying the guy spamming his shitpost threads 30 posts early would include the last thread

spam battle shout for easy aoe aggro

fuck av

he doesn't have to. all non-MoH OPs get deleted by our pocket janitor.

ok... maybe i dont want to see it

M-me!

...hey what gives...
Is this thing working? Where are my (you)s?!

How does that help?

warrior

>spam battle shout for easy aoe aggro
don't do this, only do it 1 time at the pull

spam demo shout, but only do that if its more than like 3 mobs, including non elites

elites you sunder at least once and focus on them, keep aggro on the rest if you can

Look everyone, it's me!

@189968010
@189968242
shut the fuck up melori

@189967553
@189968010
@189968242
Who?

How do i keep the elites from running off to whack other people while i build up rage to sunder them?

Here a reminder song.
youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g

Okay so according to this video if I want to kill bitches and have fun I need to be a shaman or a warlock. I think I'll look into shamans I suppose.

warrior

on a pull of multiple mobs?
first off, mark skull, mark any CC you feel should be used and let them know to use it

if arms, and room to chargepull without bringing extra packs:
berzerker rage (pretty much use this as much as possible - it doubles all rage gained from damage taken) -> charge -> tclap (only if multiple elites in a group; tclap is not great threat but good for dmg reduction) -> demo shout -> revenge/sunder/whatever skull, battle shout when the group's all close by, then build up some threat on other elites, once DPS pull skull then taunt it back off them. If there's a bunch of little non-elites throw another demo here and there to keep them from aggroing the healer, you don't give a fuck at all if the DPS aggro them with aoe since they aren't deadly.

if not arms (chargepulling bad), or if you need to bowpull to avoid pulling extra mobs:
bowbull, berzerker rage while the mobs are running to you (if there are any casters, LOS them behind a corner so they run over), bloodrage battleshout, then do regular tank stuff as above.

A big thing is rage pooling - the last mob or 2 of a pull, you should only be autoattacking and using revenge. If you can build 50-60 rage in defensive stance, then when combat drops use bloodrage to maintain it while the healer drinks etc, you can walk into the next pack and spam your abilities and every mob will be glued to you. This gets even better when you're higher level arms spec, since you'll pool rage in battle stance and pop sweeping strikes at the start of each pull. Ragepooling in defensive stance means you won't chargepull, so typically bowpulling or bodypulling is the way to do it

warrior

damn, i had fun with elysium so i decided to try out legion

queued as healer in dungeon, didn't even do a single heal, they just rushed the whole thing even though they were all minimum level, how tf is this supposed to be fun?

leveling via dungeons is a joyless assembly line that's literally designed to incentivize buying boosts.

If you want any enjoyment out of leveling you need to quest.

healing isn't fun.

rogue, mage, hunter, warlock are all solo classes that are good in pvp and raids although hunter dps is bad two or three are brought to raids for utility.

druid is the worst class in pvp, it's main strength is running away from players which makes it a good flag carrier.

warrior

Feral droods are unironically good in pvp though

same thing in max levels. normal dps do 350.000 dps, while a tank that we had, had 1.200.000 dps because he had raid gear.
he literally ran throught the dungeon aggroing everything and saying "if i spec into dps we can finish this faster"

idk, i like it when dps die and start bitching

>"if i spec into dps we can finish this faster"

Isn't there a thing in retail where you can't respec while in LFG? Like if you queue as a tank you can't respec to DPS in dungeon.

I remember getting stuck on tons of AV matches while I tried WoD because the SINGLE tank lfg assigns you raid just fucks off and won't tank any of the bosses and it was basically impossible to beat because of the garbage way they designed the game.

what's wrong with faster instances? 5 hour long dungeons are BORING af.

>Isn't there a thing in retail where you can't respec while in LFG? Like if you queue as a tank you can't respec to DPS in dungeon.
you can respec
yeah i prefer running over the instance using only aoes and finishing them in 8 minutes with no skill whatsoever

kys thyself

why does warlock have so little range?
mage and huters have more range

Spec your destructive/grim reach talents.

I hate everyone from Veeky Forums, didn't think was possible but it is. Need to quit Elysium.

what about me?

What's the addon that puts the targets class on their portrait?

Yes

>queued as healer in dungeon

If you're queuing, you're doing shitter content people outgear by orders of magnitude

warrior

why do you hate everyone

Why wouldn't you hate these people after spending months with them?

maybe you're just bad at dealing with kids?

If you're low level heirlooms let everyone do everything in their sleep.
if you're high level people are autistic and want to speed run everything because they've done it already.
honestly legion was only worth playing when the content just came out and people aren't tryharding or being hyper exclusive to ensure FAST RUNS even outside mystic dungeon keys.
It's catch-22 where you need more I-level to run content that drops items of less I-level.
Tell someone hi I'm new and they don't give a shit.
If you really want to enjoy legion join a guild with friendly people and play with them.
The average person playing legion is a socially inept retard who will just as soon as tell you to uninstall and kill yourself then to actually be patient and help you.

An example would be trying to tank low level dungeons without heirlooms i've seen people get shit on for not having heirlooms and queuing as a tank because it means they can't pull half the instance.
Sad state of affairs.

I have a kid
MoH is worse

>its hell to play vanilla outside of a guild but thats okay because muh nostalgia
>its hell to play legion outside of a guild because modern wow is bad okay!!!

I remember when wow used to be hardcore.........

I think it's just more the type of people playing the games these days. People pipe on a lot about Muh vanilla community but I don't know I've yet to still it. Occasionally I'l see a "HAHA its vanil :D" if someone in my dungeon wipes us all but just as often I see some guy go off on one.

But yeah you should be playing an mmo in a guild thats pretty obvious.

Yes

Tell me what class to play

It's a poison. So affected by nature and poison resistances/immunities.

Anyone?

druid!

undead

Night elf priest.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I HATE IT I FUCKING HATE IT
ALL OF IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

From my testing it seems that cb/prep does about 25% less damage in PvE than combat daggers with the same gear.
Is that true or does the higher miss rate on bosses factor in even stronger?

you think elysium guys have a chance of making a good pte tbc?
or is it a pipe dream meant to trick players into playing vanilla longer?

I can already say that you don't know how to test shit

I'd like to know how you tested this

its babymetals birthday, say something nice about her

smelly dumb overhealing scum

Why, Is the number that far off?
RetroWoW dummies. It was about 12% there with just AP + a bit of hit gear, basically preraid-bis. I figures the number would be higher on bosses since you'd miss a lot more due to no +dagger on cb/prep.

:v)

ok ty