/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 21st of September:
1792 – French Revolution: The National Convention declares France a republic and abolishes the absolute monarchy.
1898 – Empress Dowager Cixi seizes power and ends the Hundred Days' Reform in China.
1939 – Romanian Prime Minister Armand Calinescu is assassinated by far-right legionnaires of the fascist paramilitary organization Iron Guard.
1942 – The Holocaust in Ukraine: On the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, Nazis send over 1,000 Jews of Pidhaitsi to Belzec extermination camp.
1942 – The Holocaust in Poland: At the end of Yom Kippur, Germans order Jews to permanently evacuate Konstantynów and move to the ghetto in Biala Podlaska, established to assemble Jews from seven nearby towns, including Janów Podlaski, Rossosz and Terespol.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 18/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1044508
EU4 DD 19/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1044623

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/western-europe-410-962-the-winter-king/downloads/version-160
mediafire.com/file/my2is2mft7n7siy/BTWK_1.6.0.zip
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis,_Prince_Napoléon
youtube.com/watch?v=bLJTAqnmHt0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to shitpost and ignore reporting.

Chinked.

We are happy to announce the next release of the Dark Age-themed CK2-mod Western Europe 410-962 - The Winter King! This time, it's version 1.6.0, fully compatible with CK2 version 2.7.2 and the Monks and Mystics dlc.

Amongst other things, we added the Great Cold, a series of years without summers, which will cause even the greatest Dark Age lord to despair...

The Winter King 1.6.0 can be downloaded here: moddb.com/mods/western-europe-410-962-the-winter-king/downloads/version-160

And a direct download link: mediafire.com/file/my2is2mft7n7siy/BTWK_1.6.0.zip

I would rather make Siam, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam have good looking borders than own them.
I am interested in taking Pakistan.
I'm more enjoying CHINKING India, but I am getting tired of Japan trying to throw its weight around.

Rebels are a fucking chore this late in the game though.

It's every fucking month with these guys.

Reminder to genocide and assimilate non accepted pops

Hey, what happened to that Music folder that was in the CK2 mod folder? Where should I go to download new one if it's up somewhere else?

请不要理和投诉废话

would /gsg/ play EU4 if it was modded to be more historic and AI didn't blob as they tend to do?
what exactly are the problems you guys have with EU4?

>what exactly are the problems you guys have with EU4?
mana
the game is conceptually flawed more than any other current era product of theirs

mana
ai always needs a rival
blobbing
shitty/unimersive tech system
shitty (((historical))) events that are incompatible with the current flow of the game

I find the extra options enjoyable though. How is that stupid?

What are my goals here?

Not first, but 15th or so for MAR DA VENETA

Congrats lad on this milestone. May you and the kids go far.

I just realized something horrible

So let's say that the European Union dissolves sometime in the near future. Then after that it is reformed. Then the same happens two more times. This means the new union would be the 4th EU, or eu4. The union would surely surpass Europa Universalis 4 in Google search results and the game would fade into obscurity.

So yeah that's why the EU is a good thing.

I just found out that reddit has created their own version of HPM. Is it worth it?

What do you think?

what do you think retard

>literally just mash every minimod and dumb idea in the mod and call it something new
Nope.

So what's the best nation to form EU as in NWO and what's the best way of going around to it

Volkstaat is so ugly it hurts

>created
More like stolen

Why is volkstaat so stupid
just put an orange bar on there instead of a blue if you want it so much

Didn't AfricaMod add the same thing? What kind of flag did he use?

Can someone pls respond?

/gsg/ blown the btfo out?

>add the same thing
That IS africamod, reddit stole all hpm minimods.

Was this before HPM gave the option to reenable these decisions on the start point?

it also has nasty things such as genocide

That dawned on me shortly after making that post. Now all I feel is disgust

What should I do here?

EU4 M&T, can/should I manually give provinces that aren't yet gobbed by lesser/greater nobles to Burghers or Freeholders as Muscovy?

You can manually give provinces?
I thought it just rescinded whatever you picked after a couple of months?

Is this redpilled

Is Greenland new or old world in Victoria 2? I need to know how to approach such a game.;

You cannot. I guess that is rather new and has though that estates work like in vanilla and that he can assign them at the start.
The reallity is that M&T estates just share the name and the interface with vanilla's. Once a year has passed and setup is already done, estates should be redistributed automatically.

What the fuck am I looking at?

sneak peak of the next hpm version

Someone was trying to mod and screwed up the localization files.

>candar annexes the ottomans
S-stop

Noticed that had no estates in provinces that just finished coring. I saved and tried manually giving provinces to Estates that I didn't have in Estates list (only had Lesser and Greater Nobles along State.) Manually giving provinces works, Burghers and Tribals alongside Interactions popped up in the menu, Freeholders don't have any interaction for some reason (they may be placeholder for now or represent autonomous population.)

My guess is that it's probably intended that the Estates take control over the provinces on their own. Unlike in vanilla, burghers don't just give free extra trade power. Quite opposite they start leeching on the provinces production (Nobles leech on levies and tax income) In M&T the benefit of Burghers owning provinces is probably that they eventually invest thei leeched shekels to make the province better which is rather historically accurate I guess.

Sorry, didnät update thread before posting my previous reply. I'm new to the mod but yea likely, even if I'd assign them manually (I just quickly tested if it's possible at all then reloaded save) they'd most likely flip to the "intended" one that currently is Greater Nobles for provinces with upper class population and Lesser Nobles for provinces without.

Indeed. And no need to be sorry, M&T is a rather complex mod for newbies.

Hey HPM, you gonna do any tweaks to Fernando Po's colonization so it's not so heavily weighted to the Brits? I have about a dozen full campaigns and Spain owns the island in a mere three of them.

Also, I've noticed that Russia takes over the entirety of Manchuria a lot more often lately.

>Hey HPM
Am*ricans are asleep rn

Yes, it's one of the changes of the new version. The problem is how the cape colony becomes a state fast.

Is Greenland new or old world? (in game/mod)

>Winter King dev browses /gsg/
neat

Old world.

Thanks based. Time to colonize >50% of Africa.

Reddit also stole Africamod

kek, I want a mod that actually names all the countries these

>Yay!
>1 savings in the bank
>1 africa
I love when that bug happens

hi hpm

white men

What happened to the Validator?

>problem is mana
aka I can't think in abstract terms due to severe autism

Course I do. I mostly lurk or post without trip though.

>uk
>safety helmets

RP as the third French Empire with en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis,_Prince_Napoléon at your helm.

What would a good event/decision chain be for uniting South America in Victoria 2?

Play Divergances.

Do I also go le left bank?

How the fuck do I get Lombardia if France is allied with Austria?

Obviously

you stop playing vanilla

i dont mind the mana as much, like you said its the massive ai blobbing that bothers me the most. when i play i ramp up the ae and lenghten how long it takes to tick down but thats still a shitty fix

So, the new HPM release should be quite soon, right?

Yes, hopefully it will include the fixes for genocide, such as restricting it to until fascism is unlocked and removing communists' ability to do it

It'll be worth it if only to stop the embarrassing losers from rping as nazbols and strasserists.

I finally finished doing the Russian starting OOB, so no unit will start tied to a low or over-the-limit soldier pop. I also fixed a few provinces going over the 5% soldier limit. The result is that Russia has the biggest land army at the start, with 300k men in the standing army and being able to conscript another 400k.

I also did the UBD, Finland and Transcaucasia OOB, in the pic from left to right.

wot mod

Can I change the goverment type by using party loyalty to get a coup?

I hate magically improving provinces with mana but relatively simple fix was to introduce mana/resource that is only used to A) improve existing land or B) integrate/claim/warscore and it should be restricted that nations who blob all around will end up with not that good land while nations that can't expand can actually, viably play tall.

>communists cant do genocide
why?

Did I just become retarded? I'll start writing fixed version.

It never happened historically.

Hey HPM. How come Poland only rises up if under Russian rule? If you take Poland as anyone else it never fires. It should also give cores over the newly reconquered land after the uprising. It'd be great for Germany runs.

It's something I need to make more dynamic, yes. It's been on a while on the to-do list.

> It should also give cores over the newly reconquered land after the uprising.
I'm not sure I understand, Congress Poland starts with cores on the land.

I hate magically improving provinces with mana. However relatively simple fix would be to introduce mana/resource that is only used to A) improve existing land or B) integrate/claim/warscore. Nations who blob all around will end up with not that good land while nations that can't expand will be able actually, viably play tall. If you'd use EU4 vanilla development system you should perhaps make that provinces gain separate development increasing buffs that disappear if the province is annexxed to prevent "fattening up" small nations before eating them.

I mean to whoever controlled the land beforehand. Russia gets cores on Poland in order to reconquer them. If Russia can get cores so can Prussia/Germany/Austria.

please respond

wat?
holodomor?

>If Russia can get cores so can Prussia/Germany/Austria.
Russia got cores on the land because of the Third Partition of Poland and the accompanying agreements over ownership of the land.

It's in the same place as always, the forums.

The holodomor was a lie invented by the Nazis and perpetuated by the CIA

The version from the forums give me a LOT of false-positives with your mod(and therefore any submod).Didn't there used to be a version compatible with it?I remember you talking about "updating the validator" but I can't find anything on the pastebin

I thought all of Congress Poland went to the German states in the third partition.

Whatever, I guess.

Is there also a way to stop France from declaring the 12th Liberation of Alsace-Lorraine even when they are clearly outmatched every time?

>abstract
There are no abstractions in EU4.
Mana and dice rolls in battles are to much rng impacted and a lot of things are just numbers.
Manpower, overextension, AE, sailors, army tradition, development, devastation...

Are you going to eliminate any of the other Minor cultures such as American Indian Minor, Asian Minor and Siberian Minor?

I had a version that I corrected but there were a few mistakes, so I took it down.

Dismantling them or cutting them down to size instead of peacing out with status quo. The latter is a temporary solution while the former remove their cores there.

Do you like Rick and Morty?

youtube.com/watch?v=bLJTAqnmHt0

Ah, that's a shame.Are you ever going to fix them, and release it again?
Was it anything big anyway?I doubt it could be much worse than the one from the forums.

i doubt even alex is THAT much of a redditor

Why is naval combat absolute shit in any Paradox game?

In Victoria II and EU4, naval supremacy is only really necessary if you're an island nation.

What mod do I keep seeing that puts vicky in modern times

Either CWE or NWO, both are terrible.