>1.06 Patch Notes (15/09/17)
steamcommunity.com/app/473690/discussions/0/2765630416809899489/

>1.05 Patch Notes (08/09/17)
steamcommunity.com/app/473690/discussions/0/1474221865183656667/

>Wikis
absolver.gamepedia.com/Absolver_Wiki
absolver.wiki.fextralife.com/Absolver Wiki

>General information on Moves, Stats, and Equipment
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit#gid=1698220040

>Hairstyles in game
imgur.com/a/TlMXk
imgur.com/a/rm56U

>Where the fuck is XYZ?
youtube.com/watch?v=bhDUJMP527k

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/hradfu.webm
my.mixtape.moe/szefbr.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love the new GB changes
spiral palm takes something like 90-80% stamina

fucking streamers man.
much of them are spouting garbage that does not even make sense
>forsaken is op

forsaken is above everyone but not by that much
khalt is good if you know what you are doing
stagger is kinda shit for how hard it is
windfall is also not really great for how hard it is

>Windbabies still complaining about forsaken

I love how many forsaken gold chain spammers are all whining now about how they can't collect free wins anymore, fucking delicious. Also goddamn is the protection buff for Kahlt good, the lack of damage you take after an absorb or two is ridiculous. I do miss the huge stamina recovery though, but that's what shockwave is for now.

i absolutely fucking hate how the dodges work now
they even fucking outrange jumping elbow
this is fucking retarded
you no longer need any skill, just put fast long range attacks as your starters
>see enemy about to attack
>dodge back
>use your starter
>dodge back
>win in 15 minutes

game became a turtle "I will never attack because I can just dodge and punish" gameplay from a fun and engaging skill fights

I'm scraping 24 mobility with this Veeky Forumsshion

I keep trying to make those pants work with something because they've got serious Veeky Forums potential, but the search continues.

Right so here's how your dodge counters work now. You can't passively shut down dodges by just having a deck with a lot of horizontal attacks in and gold linking them, you need to read the dodge and change your timing.
It doesn't matter if your attack is straight or a sweep, you just have to hit after the i-frames and begin the animation late enough to track to the end of the dodge, it's just a stuttered timing.

For deck building this means you don't need decks full of horizontal sweeping kicks any more. Straight attacks aren't particularly worse at catching regular dodges, as you now counter dodges by actively changing your timing. Instead it's good to have attacks which travel a long way if you want to shut dodges down. If you catch the dodge then the other player loses stamina for dodging, but it seems pretty difficult to pressure stamina currently even if you're catching dodges.

>posts a webm of someone just dodging randomly and not when you start to attack
are you a bit retarded?

>cries that the game is over instead of adjusting to whatever the current meta is and playing it first
No.

i've played enough to realize that dodges are more powerful than your class skill, and thats a problem

deck

sometimes i switch front sweep out for something else

I accidentally walked into the girl's room in my uni cafeteria and now I'm stuck. Help me /asg/.

just leave, be emberessed a bit and say you absent mindedly went in and apologize.

A guy was jacking off in here last week but didn't get caught. I'm leaving but I might get arrested.

attempt stealth ofc, just dont look suspicious.
walk naturally and quietly without being seen if possible.

Good news, I got out and got to finish my shit.

im proud, now check the sign before you poop.

This isn't even tertiary discussion you dumb motherfucker.

almost all fast and sweep attacks got either range nerfed, followup timing nerfed or both.

we /spacingmeta/ now

Here is my rice farmer fashion using those pants.

So are dodges dark souls style now? Asking for a friend.

define "dark souls style"

with i frames

you need to get some cleaner versions of your gear

The basic dodge that everyone has grants i-frames (4 frames to be specific, as of this latest patch). Depending on how much weight you're carrying, the distance you can dodge differs; there's no "fat rolling," but your weight does have an impact on your mobility.

There's also Windfall's Avoid technique, but that's something different. It's a spot dodge where you can weave left/right/duck/jump to avoid attacks. It was recently buffed this last patch to provide more of a reward for avoiding an attack, specifically stamina penalties on the enemy.

But the clean version of that robe has completely different colours.

I am a wind nigger, just haven't had time to try out the new patch yet. I heard that they also improved drops from combat trials to give less dupes.

Nah, it works with his look.

Anyone figure out how to use absorb effectively yet post-patch? Should I just fill my deck with all the fastest moves or what? Like, I get how to land absorbs I just don't know what I'm supposed to do after, it's not like parry where you get a guaranteed hit after and it's really frustrating when dealing with doublehits, gold link fast attacks, and guardbreaks which are becoming a lot more common. Still feels like forsaken gets so much reward for so little risk, while kahlts have a ton of risk and little reward. A great example of this is how much you can block now since the patch: forsaken can block and either pick a move to parry after learning your moveset or the inevitable slow af guardbreak, kahlts can't. All we have to deal with the guardbreaks is the standard dodge which, while everyone complains about it, still consumes a lot of stamina.

b-bump

POST NEW POST-PATCH WEBMS

>tfw you beat them so bad they ragequit

I can just give you the numbers: The game used to have 2 iframes for dodges, now it has 4. With a full stamina bar you could do the normal dodge 7 times in a row with a Kahlt, in dark souls with 40 END it's probably closer to like 14+ rolls in a row. Dark souls 3 has 13 frames per roll, and much longer distance than Absolver.

In other news: rate my new fashion.

is windfall the new kahlt? i.e. the class you go to for endless stamina? the absorb stamina nerf really hurt, trying to figure out how to get my old playstyle back with endless stamina for aggression.

You can't kill himself if he kills himself. Checkmate.

So, considering this game is fucking dead, any recommendations for other good fighting games on PC?

I recommend nutting the fuck up.

There aren't any like this.

>Cry about jab spam and get the devs to slow down fast moves and add iframes to dodges instead of gitting gud
>Tell other players to git gud when your whining ruined PvP

>Spiral Palm

What direction should I dodge this move, I'm trying to grind it off the mini boss in at the docks but it won't register as a learned skill when I dodge left or right. So I have to BLOCK a GB skill for crumbs.

any, it's a thrust
so left and righ works, also don't dodge too soon, wait a minute when the mob starts it and then dodge, that if you are windfall

there is a bug, i noticed, you can fail to shockwave and still get the stamina boost

So RIGHT before the strike touches me? It sucks because dodging before the animation is the safest and works with every other GB.

Players who provide shitty criticisms don't ruin video games, developers who listen to shitty criticism do.

Thanks user this helped out.

when can we edit schools already. i want to switch the weapon reward for my faithful students

you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like
my.mixtape.moe/hradfu.webm
>not turning screens shake all the way down
how can you play like this?

i actually didn't see that in the options.
thanks, user

They didn't slow moves down, they removed some of the forwards sliding momentum from jumped light kick, whirlwind double punch and others. That's a good change for those moves, it keeps their speed and evasive function while reducing how good they are in neutral.
I'm not the one whining here.

>struggling against some random pleb
>crying about it on twitch
>2 people who can't play neutral upset that they're in neutral

>defending new dodges
>defending grab punch
>defending parry
>saying windfall is as strong as a parry
>defending no stamina damage on regular attacks
dunno what you are trying to prove apart from being a shitter

It's impossible to have a sane conversation about game design in here, because everybody is just looking for something to throw a tantrum about instead of trying to figure shit out.

Okay, let's calm down boys.

What are the current problems that are really hurting the game? Fast moves range and velocity nerfed? How would you solve it?

fast move range is good as it is

the bad stuff:
>attacks seem to be slower than they should be, some at least
>you can infinite dodge and walk back avoiding any and all punishment, even from the longest range attacks
>hit reg is all over the place
>a lot of phantom hits out of nowhere
>normal attacks no longer do any meaningful damage to stamina
>anyone who is blocking only and dodges your GB is literally unkillable
>some inputs are not registering at random
>character will "lock up" at random without the ability to input anything for a sec or two

good-ish:
>map fixes are nice
>performance seems to be ok now, i get stable 60, but sometimes the game decides to slow down and drop frames at random

solution:
only gonna talk about the balance since i cant solve the technical stuff

dodges
>4 iframe dodges left for the fast guys or nerfed to 3 iframes
>2 iframes for normal and slow guys
>nerf dodge range across the board
stamina:
>introduce a meaningful scaling on stamina damage
>the "jab" type attacks come out stamina negative
>anything slower with more damage start to scale from positive to very noticeable stamina difference
>make interrupt moves do double damage to stamina, since they are shit on their own, doing only one single job of stopping charge moves
>reduce the buff to GB moves, they are a bit much

I don't know, I'm not a game developer. All I know is at least people would try to actually fucking fight me before, now I get people backing off with pokes unwilling to throw out the first hit most of the time. It's almost important to pressure anyone now so the game becomes get in a hit or two, back off, get in a hit or two, back off, heal, get in a hit or two, back off, heal, get in a hit or two, etc. Top it off with how easy it is to just block a ton of shit and it has turned the game into a, frankly, unfun grind.

If you accept that neutral is fine then the issue isn't that it's practical to return to neutral. Dodging out only gets you damage against the slowest moves, costs you stamina and doesn't generate shards, so it's less rewarding in itself than the style abilities. It's not unreasonable then for it to be easier to use.

The problem is stamina regen. Dodging out gives you the space to regen stamina, and even if the other guy chases down successfully once or twice you've probably created the space you need to no longer be in any danger. Since pressure against blocks is entirely based on stamina, you can't allow players to reset pressure at no cost.

How do you solve it? How about removing the stamina regen for a short period after dodging, and increasing the cost.

So it became For Honor

I'm also pretty confused about the changes to stamina damage on block for non-GB attacks. I thought this was being done to make gold linked sweep strings into more of a pressure set up for GBs and heavier attacks, which would have made dodging at the right time more rewarding already. If the other player has to use heavier attacks to break through block then by design you can't just throw a fast string forever with no gaps, there has to be a gap for a slower move and that gap allows a dodge out.

When dodges can escape fast sweep strings by themselves the logic behind reducing stamina damage of fast strings doesn't apply any more. They also seem to have reduced the stamina damage of heavy regular hits. Pressuring people is now extremely difficult.

>praise thread for patch: 32 comments
>complaints thread for patch: 169 comments

kek

It's funny, the game might actually work a lot better with no stamina bar. It's an odd mechanic for a fighting game and rewards retreating in a lot of situations for no reason other than to stall time, because time=stamina.
I wonder how things would work if you simply had small chip on 'Heavy' attacks, GBs instantly breaking guard, and no damage for blocking the fastest jabs.

Technically 'free' blocks on jabs makes blocking less rewarding than it does currently, as jabs are stamina negative on block in this patch. You're actually being penalised for jabbing into a block.

feels like the did both instead of either/or. either make dodges better but leave fast attack chains alone, or nerf fast attack chains but don't buff dodges like they did. also is it just me or does it feel like we're fighting through molasses now? moves just feel slower, idk, it's definitely something not just placebo.

Loving every change in this patch. Beyond the stability improvements (which I can't understate how happy I am to finally be able to play this great game), I've seen the new dodge catching some flak but I really don't get it.

Now timing, movement and strategy can finally stand up to deck building as being critical aspects of gameplay. Absolver was rife with constant abuse of class abilities and "meta" decks that stymied gameplay. Now we've got a fairly balanced fighter with multiple defensive and offensive options that should allow and encourage greater freedom in how players approach each other in fights.

>anyone who is blocking only and dodges your GB is literally unkillable
I haven't had anyone do this, but now that you've pointed it out I can see how this might be a thing. Can someone confirm this?

low quality bait my friend

I don't see what you need confirming there. You can block regular attacks forever. You can dodge GBs. It's a lot harder to just wait for a GB and dodge it correctly than people will make out. If you feint a GB you can catch the end of a dodge like this - I'm not sure the current patch is in a good place, but people's first instinct as players should be to think about how you can adjust your play to be more effective. You need to understand how the game is played before you start screaming that what you've learnt to do isn't working any more.

my.mixtape.moe/szefbr.webm
I am willing to do this to every single one of
*walks away from you*
*backdashes when gets hit once*
i have enough autism to power trough this

I don't see what you're on about. Your opponent was being way more aggressive than you were.

didn't record the 1st half of the match

You need to unlock in this situation.
Now you can make an argument that constantly unlocking to chase people isn't great gameplay, but you should maybe at least try doing it first. You may find people are less interested in retreating forever if you can show that you're able to just chase them down.
If unlocked chasing isn't much fun, then mechanical changes may be able to remove the incentive to use the option which requires unlocked chasing.
Imagine if a player dodging out doesn't immediately start getting stamina back, so that if you're ahead on stamina you're able to unlock sprint into them and ultimately wear them down to a break. At this point players are going to have second thoughts about dodging out on every hit.

Why does everyone use the same moves? I literally see whirlwind double punch and back tripped kick in every deck.

>If unlocked chasing isn't much fun
Ofcourse it's not fun. Are you this hellbent on defending this new patch you'll defend this cat and mouse bullshit?

unlock chasing is punishable for the chaser tho, if he blocks the charge attacks he gets free punish
if you don't attacks them, they can back dodge again anyway
the problem is, everyone now can dodge back and use the 2 or 3 very fast stagger moves that have massive range for no reason and punish any aggression that way

because they are way too good, and are kinda unique
back tipped kick not as much, since it has very limited range, but whirlwind has very deceptive long range and it hits mid

and i have noting else to replace whirlwind in that slot, since i need a charge stopper as a starter somewhere

>Guy attacking me as I'm respawning
>Forced to block and can't lock on him
>He hits me with a GB while I'm disoriented
Why is this a thing?

>unlock chasing is punishable for the chaser tho, if he blocks the charge attacks he gets free punish
That's wrong, you can gold link the charged attack which gives you frame advantage. Blocking it generally is bad, especially if you're down on stamina. You can parry/evade it, but the attacker can mix up timing to punish those attempts too.

They did nerf the range on whirlwind, charged moves also less relevant since players aren't stuck together so the double hit isn't as useful.

Anybody know which enemies have Jackhammer punch? its one of the last moves I need

Looking to go full Muay Thai deck, which areas should I be grinding for those sweet knees and elbows?

What do you guys think of this video, in relation to absolver? youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A

Haven't played this game in 2 weeks, how's the patch?

It doesn't apply.

You pulled it off Reddit, scrubs love linking that one ever since it became fashionable for twitch rats to shit on SFV.
People use the video to imply a whole bunch of things that the video doesn't make any good argument for. Most of the video is spent talking about the idea of limiting the rewards for skilful play, how this allows lower skilled players enjoy the game, and why game companies may want to do this intentionally.

Linking this in relation to Absolver is a strawman. You're making an argument that "reducing the skillcap" is bad, when you haven't determined that any of the changes actually do that. Reddit is full of basic plebs, so it's no surprise they'd jump on this to mean whatever they want it to mean.
The video doesn't even make a good argument for SFV being a "lower skill" game than SFIV, it has absolutely nothing to say about Absolver.

>my.mixtape.moe/szefbr.webm

Thanks for proving this game is a boring piece of shit now, I'll save this for if people ever ask why I stopped playing after patch 1.06.

>I can't Gold-Link2017 my way to victory

Gold-linking is ass, and doesn't exist in any other fighter for good reason.

>and doesn't exist in any other fighter
And how are gold links significantly different from just-frame attacks (a thing that exists in other fighters)?

Anybody look at some of their old footage before the patch? I was looking at some of the stuff where I was using the same deck I was before and the speed change on moves is quite noticeable.

I'm feeling like dodging isn't the problem, it's that they slowed down all the fucking moves. Posting one of my older webms for reference of older move speed. Doesn't feel like this in the current patch.

Dude, that first part of his video IS Gold-Linking.

You may be pressing the button on a rhythm, but that is all you are doing when your doing combos. Stop acting like this game had a super high skill ceiling when it came to Gold-Link.

They use use a "party-game" gimmick in this game.

Because just frame attacks demand more input from the player. WAY more. Look at any character sheet in any fighter.

This is the same underknee kick wallop blow combo, post patch. This is slower, right? Looking at the footage this looks like fighting through molasses compared to what we used to have.

I built your deck as a test - It's the same speed.

Actually correction, looks like only the Wallop blow is slowed down.

Ah well there you go. So definitely certain moves have been literally slowed down, not just changing their stamina damage and range. Good to know, RIP wallop blow I guess.

Slowmo

How does that destroy the move...how is it a shit move now? Its still a fast combo.

I wish you could have done this comparison in the dojo and not online. Would have been a more controlled experiment.

Idk if it necessarily "destroys the move" or not but it's at least confirmed slowed, as are other moves, but not every move. It will take some experimenting to figure out which moves specifically have been slowed down.

Yeah it's gotta be at least 2-3 frames slower it seems.