mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
>[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

>RPG Maker MV 1.4 Repack
mega.nz/#!CgESnSzb!ZBeyWAWbLE5qQOsKAe3Y5WU5BFC0BQXtfBJOoiWiWsg
>RPG Maker MV Season 4 Pass
www21.zippyshare.com/v/Bdru8nJg/file.html

>The /rpgmg/ podcast (hiatus until October)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

>Useful Art Tutorials & Guides
youtube.com/user/Shineyoctopus/videos
finalbossblues.com/pixel-tutorials/

>Recent thread projects
Stargem Castle: mediafire.com/file/n32ssapqaa5jr95/Stargem Castle.7z
Tempus Ex Machina Demo: mediafire.com/folder/z69y7undwpp9s/Tempus Ex Machina
/rpgmg/ Collab Project | Ch5 in progress: mediafire.com/file/ckfve2l1n6skby6/CollabProj-4.zip

>RPG Maker MV 1.5.0 Crack by Anonymous
a.pomf.space/jnmejslvrdrn.7z (Win10) PW: 184902742
a.pomf.space/bowkgurjmpah.7z (Win7) PW: 186045660
Acquire the installer from official RPGM forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E-lnvBXy68Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous thread

MV is on sale on steam for $24. Should I get it?

Asking again because thread died when I asked last time

Trying to figure how to make food heal you for half as much when a specific state is applied. We can't just make the state itself change pharmacology because there are healing items in the game that aren't food that will still heal the normal amount when the state is applied.
Here is the code we have so far in the Formula bar, which does work, but only seems to work the second time after eating the food when the state is already applied. The first time eating the food doesn't heal you at all, which is even more worrying.

if a.state == 19; ((a.mhp(30/100)) + 100)(1/2); else; (a.mhp*(30/100)) + 100; end;

After the first time, the code works exactly as it should.

I can't imagine it dropping below that anytime soon. Sure.

Yes

How important do you all think SECRETS and EASTER EGGS are to an RPG?

Cyan's Battlers website came back last week. However he had to delete the Cthulhu material for some reason. He didn't specify.

>Cyan's Battlers website came back last week.
Nice
>However he had to delete the Cthulhu material for some reason. He didn't specify.
The fuck? I thought it was all public domain.

On a scale from important to important,

I'd say relatively important.

Secrets are important, easter eggs not so much

I wouldn't play a game because somebody tells me "there are lots of secrets and easter eggs!", but if I like a game, I'd certainly like to uncover as many secrets and easter eggs as I can. Easily doubling playtime.

It is. Mostly. The Call of Cthulhu tabletop game has some stuff trademarked. But I don't think it's a copyright issue. As I recall Cyan's Cthulhu stuff was in an odd corner of the site. I think it just needed to restructure or something. There used to be a Nyarlathotep section with his many forms (Sphinxes and Pharaohs) and now are under a new Egypt category of Myth & Legends with no mention of Nyarlathotep.
Specifically, the faceless sphinx version is missing.

But I dunno if it'll be back or not.

You can still find the Nyarlathotep section using The Wayback Machine. It was a hidden link at the bottom of the material list.

Pretty important when they'd done well, to me. I wouldn't play a game specifically to hunt for secrets, but when they're interesting and fun to find, I enjoy doing it.

Gonna periodically bampu with Inspo.

Get a gift copy to give away, and make thirsty fucks in this thread post to keep the goddamn thing alive in exchange for the chance at winning it.

if the RPG is a pair of panties, the SECRETS are the lace trim on the waist and EASTER EGGS are the lace on the thighs/buttocks.

Put in some effort. Don't make granny-panty games.

Even better, make a little contest and the winner gets the key.

how to implement advertising into my RPG?

I bought it. Time to make games!

Glad to hear it! Game design isn't easy, but it can be a lot of fun.

Good luck!

do the MV tutorial, you'll thank yourself later

>watch that Indie Game Dev movie on steam back in 2015
>a bunch of failed film school drop-outs fucking around with Source
>the "main" guy who makes The Stanley Parable only figures out how to makes rooms for the player to move into and out of, place doodads, and make audio clips play
>he leverages these basics into some bizarre cult-hit walking simulator (polished by a brit partner and a pretty good voice actor)
>rakes in awards, $12+ mil cash-money, pink hair dye for lyfe

kill me. I know I can do better. MUST. MAKE. GAME. MUST. MAKE. PROGRESS.

If those limp-wristed pink haired literal cuckolds can make a video game, so can you user.

WORK ON YOUR GAME THEN

Cross post from AGDG.

Still working on core features and design.

Here we can see the infamous TAGGLE alarm in action, protecting every home from dirty robbers.

With your connected items and furnitures, everything will be safe!

Does not protect against robber doing a hole in the door

>robber doing a hole
L-lewd

Post progress

post anything

A friend liked the kid protagonist for my game and drew him.
This has nothing to do with dev, but it's cool and I'm extremely flattered.

Your friend is good, I remember the sketch.

Can't you work with him?

youtube.com/watch?v=E-lnvBXy68Q
could u make this?

I'd love to, but unfortunately he's working on two other games of his own at the moment. It's a shame, because I love his artstyle.
But that's all right, I'm still early in dev, I can get art later. And it gives me time to find an artist that can draw little boys.

Boy that really sounds weird when I phrase it like that.

>And it gives me time to find an artist that can draw little boys.
Please take a seat over there.

In every regard but visuals this game can easily be recreated. You just need to be patient.

I have a few random pictures saved. Maybe I should share them once in a while too.

Stay alive

Gee, sir, this seat is really comfy! What are those men in suits for?

Is it possible to use a bit bigger models instead of the chibi ones?
Also, is it possible to rearrange the models in the character generator, like changing the deafult base models?

>Is it possible to use a bit bigger models instead of the chibi ones?
Yes

Don't die thread please

Link?

>Is it possible to use a bit bigger models instead of the chibi ones?
Yes. If you draw your own assets or find some you can use online.
>Also, is it possible to rearrange the models in the character generator, like changing the deafult base models?
Yes. In the source files, but if you want to make characters with different body proportions that animate well, you will need to edit the code for the generator itself and that would be harder than making a file in Photoshop/Flash.

It's in the OP pastebin.

>that animate well
But note that I am talking about "animating well" for the Side View. Replacing the clothing/body files in the Generator Folder could give satisfactory results for the walking animations.

It's hard to keep threads alive when you're making video games

Professional Opinion: The bigger the sprites are the more frames it'll require to look good.

4 frame animations are going to look too choppy, since limbs have to cover more distance and pixels.
A lot of games do puppeteering - rather than do frame by frame animation sheets that would take up a lot of space, they just have a sheet of body parts that pivot at joints.

Unprofessional Opinion: I agree.

This is the main reason why I still vouch for 16-bit to 32-bit sprites for animation.

Nippon Ichi is the one I know that consistently gets animation right for 64bit and above, but I wouldn't require that of everybody. And they definitely use puppeteering.

Curious question. How many of you spend a majority of your time on combat systems? As in, the plot and characters and mapping all take a backseat to how well things fight? I've found that making fighting the most fun part of a game is really exhilirating, if not very time consuming.

LIVE

Even More Unprofessional Opinion: Small sprites can still look pretty good, though. Chrono Trigger had great art, and that was 16-bit, right?

I'd love for my game to have a similar look, but I'm nowhere near good enough to pull that off.

I suppose that's why I ought to get to practicing, though.

You can stop Inspo. You're not contributing anything to the thread. It's not the end of the world if /rpgmg/ stays dead for a week. It's September after all. Lots of people are on the move and settling into new routines.

I haven't have a weekened to myself for 4 weeks. And I know October won't be kinder to me.
If only rpg development was simpler, I could work on a project in hourly increments. As if it was something basic and structured like a writing assignment, where progress was guaranteed and more or less permanent.

>It's not the end of the world if /rpgmg/ stays dead for a week
Yes it is.

>Yes it is.
I agree. Therefore, bump.

bump

How do you name your games? I'm terrible at names, or at least, worry way too much about it.

Are there any tricks you use, or do you just come up with something and stick to it?

I wouldn't really worry about it until I had a beta to show people. Until then, short descriptive code names suffice. You'll likely figure out what you want to call it before you're finished.

sbump

Sometimes I think about how much work from a whole team went into the old masterpieces, even when games were simpler. It can be discouraging.

On the other hand, I have them to inspire me.

Maybe it'll be okay.

But for now, I sleep. Try not to die.

My ideal is somewhere between 16 and 32 bit. 16-bit is generally so small that you can barely see arms, let along hands. But people spend way too much effort making super tall characters in 32 bit. Those impractically more effort to sprite animations for.

No dead

I said no dead

You also have considerably better database tools.

Suikoden makes the problem very noticeable: The sprites are tall and detailed, but the walk animation is only 3 frames. As the sprites get more detailed, the animations have to, as well.

posting progress accomplished both user

>his RPG has a combat system of repetitive grinding instead of just standing firmly on the strong two legs of thoughtful dialogue and meaningful item puzzles!!!

>meaningful item puzzles
umm. When does that ever happen?

>Make an Adventure Life SIM - but call it an "RPG" because it uses a similar looking battle system even though it's devoid of character progression.

If we were making movies, that would be called a mockbuster.

I spent literal months planning and implementing the combat system I was looking for and I'm very satisfied with how it turned out, although there are things I wanted to add and the engine won't let me and no scripts are available for it

I spent one summer working on a battle mechanics that worked around light and dark attributes that were very specific to this fantasy world.
I had it all worked out. But my friend, who was the project leader, decided to use yanfly scripts instead.

Everyone's like, "oh it's not a complete waste, you can just reuse it in new project."
But it would hardly be a "new" project if I'm just rehashing the last project.

Well, you have the experience of working on a battle engine, at least. Future ones will probably be easier for you