Overwatch General - /owg/

>More Season 6 changes
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf0e8zzyCw

>MERCY REWORK
youtube.com/watch?v=vDlCqJ1tD3M
>the "Huge Rez" achievement has just been changed to "resurrect 6 teammates without dying"

>JUNKERTOWN is live
youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI
youtube.com/watch?v=_q0QGtk_AM0

>Talk shit, get banned
youtube.com/watch?v=rnfzzz8pIBE

>Deathmatch is live
youtube.com/watch?v=4_CBzklel1c

>Latest cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0
youtube.com/watch?v=3LNOHyt_ynE

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/junkertown-wasted-land

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20972920
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/9bNpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How long until Mercy is nerfed?

Best girl

1st for best girl

Migrate to proper thread, this one was made later.

REMINDER:

Doomfist needs to be able to punch anywhere he wants, not just horizontally!
Also, there's no reason to pick him over Genji or Tracer!

>bust girl

doesn't look like it, user.

What is the new Hog combo?
Hook > forward step, bodyshot m1?
Hook> headshot m2?

Here comes T.Racer!

m2 > hook > m1
you can semi animation cancel the m2 with hook as well

Check the actual thread post times, not the times on the migration posts.
That's what the mods go off of when pruning threads. That's all they go off of.

like three months if the dva buffs were any indication
since its not a panic issue like the bastion changes were its gonna stick for a while
better than dealing with zen or ana honestly

This one was linked to first, but the other thread was made 13 seconds earlier.

Did not know that, thanks.

Sorry m8s.

But all the pros are already saying the rework is annoying as fuck.

Good taste, user.

why does t.racer look upset?

Guys which thread should I use? This or another one? :c Could anyone tell?

Cheers luv
[laughs in Spanish]

Because she's late!

Wrong!

Can I pause highlights with freecam? I wanna take pictures.

t.racer's never late, she's always just in time!

I only know that VLC player can be paused frame by frame

i mean it extends the duration of fights by a lot which can be obnoxious and fucking hectic but ill take it over being discorded by zen or jammed by ana nade literally any day of the week
and healers were always the priority targets so its not like it affects kill order or game flow hierarchy that much

the cap point/overtime bug is a way worse problem that needs to be fixed asap

Do you think we're going to get a remastered Junkenstien's revenge or a completely different PvE event?

Also Media Player Classic, and you can save frames directly as images from there.

>pick tracer
>die

That's my experience.
It's a GOTTA GO FAST character with terrible health and abilities for people with add.

Thanks for stating the obvious

Yesterday we had some discussion about what the Junkertown Queen would play like and I thought that was fun. Here's what I think her moveset could be:
Junkertown Queen: Offense Dragoon/Tank Mech Pilot
Pilot mode: wields sawed-off shotgun taped to a sawspear
>M1: fire shotgun
>M2: fire sawspear. Long range, travels through enemies, cannot headshot, empties clip.
>L-Shift: plant spear into ground, reduced damage and can't move. M1 is melee swing damage similar to Rein's hammer. Can jump for a rocket jump upward for great height, knocking back and damaging nearby enemies. If used in midair, plunges straight down, doing 200 damage to enemies landed on. Only the rocket jump has cooldown on this ability.
>E: splash mech oil onto an enemy doing 50 damage and eliminating LoS effect with allies and enemies for 5 seconds. Conal range which spreads further the farther it travels
>Ult: summon mech

How can you be bad with Tracer, are your reaction times below 300 or something? Jesus christ.

??? Why does planting spear root her? Why is she able to melee if her spear is planted in the ground?

last year's event + new map variant this year.

because last year Eichenwalde was new, today it's junkertown.

Come on baby I wanna believe.

And here's the mech moveset:
Queen Mech: cannot be healed, 600 armor
>M1: fire sawblade with wide horizontal spread. Travels through enemies and has drop-off
>M2: fire flamethrower that damages melee range enemies. Akin to Winston-Salem tesla gun but more damaging and relies on a resource pool
>L-Shift: charge forward, damaging enemies. Can be used in conjunction with flamethrower

>>Ult: summon mech
what so is she a reverse d.va or does her mech last forever?

>playing OW with my usual group
>in comp
>there's a two-stack on our team
>one's called bxlsx or some shit, the other is mohammed
>mohammed leaves
>capture points anyway
>preparing for defense when one of my guys goes
>"Oi bxlsx are getting your MUSLIM friend back?"
>rest of us tell him he can't say shit like that
>mohammed joined back, must've worked
>another guy says "welcome back, muzzo"
>guy hops on mic in a thick arabian accent
>"WAT THE FUCK MEN AR EYOU TRUIPPIN BRO?"
>I lose my shit
>other guys are shocked that he could hear us the whole time
>my group spends the rest of the match in silence

At what rank do people become less retarted? I had a Winston main complain no one would get kills when he would dive on the point by himself and die instantly. The fucker had 4 stars

If you gain enough ult charge/kill enough people with mech, you should be able to upgrade to Super-Saiyan Mech mk. II,

Also
>tank/offense
Fucking kys, dropped.

It's more of a stance she would take. Kind of Bastion's transformation but not that. And then she scrapes the spearblade along the ground with like sparks and shit before attacking to be edgy I guess

The tank only refers to the mech part, which is a temporary mode since it can't be healed, but doesn't operate on a timer

never leave us, t.racer poster

>offense only
FUCK YOU

about 3800 ~ 4000 is when people become genuinely good on a consistent basis

healers at gm level, oh my god fuck its so amazing compared to diamond

Does her character design look like a healer?

How can we fix D.va without having turning her into a fucking invincible monster?

I don't really think it works. Rooting herself is suicide in a game with snipers, most offense, Mei, Junkrat, etc. Mobility is a hallmark of being an offense hero - you can fly, zip around, climb, teleport, etc with various offense heroes. Maybe she would serve better as a defense hero with tweaking.

n-no user, she heals too! vampirism!

What are you on about, D.va is fine.

I think he means making her into more of a tank

Never. Watch any GM stream that doesn't have most of the players being literal pros

Defense matrix back to 4 seconds
200 HP 400 armor
Bang does more damage

do what they shouldve done in the first place and give matrix counterplay instead of just nerfing it into a worse genji reflect

spoken like someone who has never reach beyond diamond

The jump gives her a very quick escape option/mobility. Like as soon as you plant you can launch yourself up is the idea

I dunno I just wanted to give her the ability to use her spear and also give her some mobility if she's offense. I guess it's too complicated of an ability since it requires so much explanation

Got to high masters. I guess if there's some magic switch at 4k instead of 3988 sure.

The thing about a root is, people will expect it when she gets anywhere near them and backpedal away, and while midair your trajectory is much more predictable and you're easier to kill. I think it might be a little too same-y with Doomfist, anyway.

it's a good idea user but I can't see them adding her in the near future, since the community is desperate for support

Why do we have 2 threads?

just bee bee dva yourself?

Every other tank's form of mitigation is capped by damage. Only D.va's is time based. Why is that, Blizzard?

So I was thinking, make her matrix deplete on damage absorbed instead? But then I wonder, would it be too tanky?

>best girl
Don't mind me

go ask the mods

oh so youre just a team ooga me booga

Yes I can't see the genius of my teams stand and die to junkrat for 4 minutes winning play

You are all wrong

I guess it was to give her a sort of scrappy ballsy feeling, and if people are expecting it she could launch herself after them. And I think a lancer would be cool for the game. The midair plunge would be fast like the gif

Yeah when I saw her in the map I was excited but then I was like, "oh. That's not a healer though"

>our reinhardt yelling "FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEE" when Ana boosts

beng

Not this guy, but do you honestly think there aren't people past Diamond who have no concept of really basic important shit like ult economy, skirmish fighting, and staggering?

You're gonna be real disappointed when you get here then because you also clearly have never been here.

you never know desu, she could be a non healing support who uses aboriginal battle cries to boost her teams dmg.

nice projection, i have been there and its vastly superior to the levels below it

Yeah but we need healer variety, not support variety, which is nebulously defined

God i forgot how bad is quickplay

She's the best 4me

lol gay

nice salt bae meme XD

why can't all waifuposters think like this here user?

BANG!

>tfw you get killed because someone else couldn't stop shooting the deflecting genji

Non-healing supports were a mistake. Symmetra should be in defense.

UMA DELICIA

Ok, I admit that image is delicious. too bad about the face.

>tfw remembering the time when there was no "NO HEALER" warning in the hero select screen and one pre-rework symmetra would make "No Support" go away

You realize the reason boosting is even possible is because strategy is virtually a non-factor in this game, right?

99% of the difference between players in everything except GM, where mechanics and awareness plateau, is that people kill more and die less, not that they consistently perform excellent dive tactics with their teams.

the best

Si señor. Ella chica es caliente

archive.is/9bNpY

>The Overwatch team wants to make new content for the game, including animated shorts, new maps and new features. But the toxic behavior of so many players is causing them to prioritize fighting abuse.
>"We don’t want to create areas for you where just the bad people are in Overwatch, we just don’t want those people in Overwatch" said Jeff
>We’re past the point where we can pretend games won’t have a toxic element in the fanbase, developers should take that situation as a given and have an effective way to limit the damage from launch onward.

Literally """toxicity""" is just competitive sports culture. Bragging about winning a football game and taunting the other side is 100% formal.
When someone fucks up and plays like a retard, what difference does it make that someone pointed out that he played like a retard?
All 5 teammates are thinking the retard is a retard, the retard KNOWS the other 5 are thinking it, why are we trying to fight something 100% natural and actually healthy for competition?

It's not enough for them to just confine the people who say 'nigger' with each other, Jeff the mommy has to make sure they don't even say it when confined.
I like Dota's system much better where you have limited reports, and the punishment is having to play with other reported players.

where did i mention any of this in my original posts

I think what would be better is a directional plunge, like Genji's sort of, maybe with a minor knock aside effect. Means you could use it to ambush from virtually any angle and adjust to enemies like Widowmaker, Pharah, etc.

I'm actually very interested in seeing a new defense hero, ever since I had a dream I was playing a new Overwatch defense hero. If I was an artist I'd draw him.

translated: we didnt work on anything new so were gonna pretend the report feature takes much of our time

esports was a mistake

>i can google translate