/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

spray patterns edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Patch Y2S3.1 deployed on all platforms on Tuesday, September 19th.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1749651-Patch-Notes-Year-2-Season-3-1
Operation Blood Orchid (Hong Kong) is out now.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx
Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators are being released together with HK and SK operators.

total defeat:

I want to sniff IQ's foot pheromones!

So apparently being Reddit here is speaking out in any capacity about obvious forced diversity where it makes no sense

Whatever you say reddit

>post YFW women in a rainbow six video game

t. niGGer

ok reddit

>mfw women

The war is over son, accept it.

How do you think I'm taking the screenshot you mongoloid?

I'm new, should I use ACOGs or 1x sights on guns that can use both? I really kind of don't like the ACOG. And which 1x is the best?

>the women operators don't stop mid firefight to have their periods and become incapacitated
unrealistic bullshit if i've ever seen it

Being able to have Spetznaz and SWAT team up against Navy Seals and GISG is more retarded than any amount of women. It's a video game, get used to it.

>photoshopping the TTS watermark
lmao @ ur lyfe kapshitter

>play TTS
>1 second freezing still happens
>cancer recoils
A-at least the ping seems a bit lower!

ACOG is usually the best option, but it tends to misalign after the first shot, so even if you have someone in your crosshairs you won't get a hit.

If you're great at that first shot then go ACOG, but since you don't seem to like it I'd go for the reflex for russian operators which is pretty unobstructive or holosights so muzzle flash is less annoying

Is there an Ela nerf at the TTS already?
Her smg is overly stupid

>tfw beating plat 3's and plat 2's as a gold one
am i gonna make it?

No, almost everyone had their recoil reduced aside from Blackbeard

>still doing situations

I know I always spam "play the tutorials bro" when I win but I didn't expect someone to actually do it

oh look, its another everyone is reddit episode

Red dot is no good then?

It's the TTS

Just use the one you like the most, they all serve the same purpose.

Stop being such a fucking cuck. Most people don't give a shit.

Worst optic in the game

They're very blocky and block your view. There are a few weapons that have god tier iron sights, like the mp7 from bandit

Seems like something that someone from reddit would say

Moot is a fag

>He doesn't have enough space to download the TTS
lol

yeah you're entirely right, before this, the game only had some semblance of realism but now that there's too many girls it's completely gone

you're a fucking retard, people don't play this game because the operator's backstories are realistic. they play because the tactical aspect is realistic. and who the fuck are they supposed to be pandering to? do you know this games demographic? and the big question, why does it fucking matter what the color of some fuck's hair is? why do people care more about the gender of an operator instead of how broken or viable their ability is? it's like you don't even play this game and you're trying to start some shit.

Hello /r6g/, who is your waifu?

you uwu

Fuck off

>he doesnt have 1.5TB of SSD
eks dee lad

The whole point is that its unnecessary, theres literally no reason for it to not be realistic, just make it men instead of women just like how it is in real life. Hell I don't like the new abilities either, look at the base game operators, they had some advanced but do-able tech. The current ones have retarded bullshit like literal needles they throw around and drones that shoot massive concussion waves.

Everything about the characters has gone to shit, they cater to diversity for no reason and their abilities are retarded. Its all garbage

>only 1.5
lol

I would honestly bet money that the reason theres so many people in this thread defending PC bullshit is because this game has a massive following in Yurope. Your whole continent is a joke, stay mad that I can actually own all the stuff in the game while you'll get arrested if you shake a stick at the Muslim hoards your governments are letting in.

the reason is that it's not your game so you dont decide how its being developed you retard.

>well it's unnecessary to add female operators

that's not a fucking argument. like i said, nobody cares about the background of the characters, they just want to play a fun game.

>character diversity is bad

why?

Good goy
Don't forget to upgrade to 1180ti near year goyim!

Moot IS a fag.

>>well it's unnecessary to add female operators
>that's not a fucking argument. like i said, nobody cares about the background of the characters, they just want to play a fun game.
Having the operators be male in no way reduces the fun of the game
>>character diversity is bad
>why?
Why make something diverse when you can make it realistic, this game tries to air on the side of realism or at least it used to, hence the destruction and the use of body armor reducing damage and insta kill headshots.

>the reason is that it's not your game so you dont decide how its being developed you retard.
As much say as you, fag
>that's not a fucking argument. like i said, nobody cares about the background of the characters, they just want to play a fun game.
How about this, it is unrealistic and outside of the norm set by vanilla operators, upon which was the standard that I judged and purchased the game buy.
>why?
Diversity for the sake of diversity is terrible

Things real CTUs also don't do
-attach car batteries to walls
-use bear traps
-use poison gas bombs
-use soviet era machine guns
-attach mines to doors and windows
-have riot shields with camera flashes attached to them
-stab people to see where the rest of their team is after using literal magic to not make noise
-attach windows to metal reinforcements held up by canisters to see to the other side

If you want realism you can fuck off

I probably will if it is enough of an upgrade, honestly.

Guys stop arguing r6 siege is fanfiction and is non canon so nothing that happens matters

>Diversity for the sake of diversity is terrible
Which is what the game isn't doing. The series is literally called Rainbow Six where members are of different nationalities. Fucking niGGers

>have riot shields with camera flashes attached to them
They do have shields with bright as fuck LEDs/strobes on them, though
But if you can't see how characters can set the tone of a game differently from gameplay, then you are just retarded. Half the 'out there' defender abilities can just be chalked up to defenders being the terrorists in this training simulation we are playing

ACOG is the best on everything than can take it
It's hard for beginners to use it at first but the main drawback of the ACOG (reduced fov) is really disregarded once you've got a better knowledge of the game.

I'm okay with them picking the most special snowflake members of each CTU, most of which represent a significant ethnic, religious, or cultural minority in the nation they represent,
What I'm not okay with is them making the original operators follow real life and insert females at a 1/4 ratio only in groups which actually accept females (The law enforcement ones), while almost all the new ones don't take females and yet have a female at a 1/2 ratio.

>having operators be male in no way reduces the fun of the game

neither does having them female

>why make something diverse when you can make it realistic

why do you care about the realism of somebody's backstories? is that why you play the game? i'm assuming the kind of realism you enjoy is body armor, insta kill headshots, and destruction, not 'lore'.

>upon which was the standard that I judged and purchased the game buy
okay that's understandable I guess, but I don't understand how the color of somebody's hair and whether you're playing as a girl actually affects your experience when you're playing the game.

>diversity for the sake of diversity is terrible
why? diversity for the sake of catering is terrible, but why diversity for the sake of diversity? would you prefer the game if everybody looked like a recruit?

>all these flashy uniforms
>weapon skins
>weapon charms
>headgears like clown mask, rave gear and predator masks
>realistic

Pulse's gadget is literally retarded when you think about is
A thermal heat signature detector sounds more logical

nothing really beats EMP grenades in terms of bullshit

>neither does having them female
I disagree
>why do you care about the realism of somebody's backstories? is that why you play the game? i'm assuming the kind of realism you enjoy is body armor, insta kill headshots, and destruction, not 'lore'.
Immersion matters
>but I don't understand how the color of somebody's hair and whether you're playing as a girl actually affects your experience when you're playing the game.
Immersion
>diversity for the sake of catering is terrible, but why diversity for the sake of diversity? would you prefer the game if everybody looked like a recruit?
Diversity for the sake of diversity is hiring unqualified women, minorities, whatever, to increase the number of those in your workforce and to say 'look how diverse and progressive we are'
I don't like it as a rule and it is detrimental to modern society, but in game terms it just feels like pandering to the people that support it in real life, or catering to them as you just said

My problem is why create something new in a semi-realistic game when the technology already exists and would be semi-realistic

Echo.

Aren't Heartbeat sensors already a thing in the Clancyverse? Wasn't that what MW2 ripped off?

>diversity for the sake of diversity is hiring unqualified women

are these fictional characters really unqualified for being put into a fictional game? does it really ruin your immersion that one of your teammates is a green haired girl while the enemy is breaching your objective and storming you?

>fed up with Siege
>only shooter that still looks mildly interesting to me
What do I do brehs? Why can't they fix their fucking game, why hit regulation is so shitty, why every game that I join is ongoing, why did I have to play skyscraper 4 times in a row, why Ela is a self-insert piece of shit of an operator.
I just don't get it, they game is still alive after all the shit that it went through and they still don't fix it, they don't care about its potential
and then there's this faggot

Did you stop reading there? I would encourage you to continue.

play wildlands pvp beta

Play Squad

my PC didn't even open it, it was amazing

stop with all these children's toys and play some arena shooters

man i thought we were beyond those "realism" talk about female in spec ops unit

making a proper heat texture is hard ;^(
making just a texture that's not accurate and doesnt really fit properly on any operator is still too hard ;^(
a little circle is the best ubi can do user, they're just a poor independant studio

did you not read my previous response? because i don't think it's pandering to that audience because that audience is nowhere near r6 siege's demographic

>play twitch on chalet
>drive around with drone destroy cams and shit
>suddenly dead
>killcam shows bear tearing me apart because I had my period

wtf is this bullshit?

yea I hope they add a zombie mode soon
I mean its not like its unrealistic already or whatever
also wolf mounts when?

Now now user the maps aren't even big enough for mounts. And if they were, it would be horses.

>wolf mounts when

as soon as the ostrich mounts get added

No, why the fuck would we be?
I still think it's retarded
>sjws need to be the primary audience in order for devs to pander to them and waifufags

Tips on getting better? Tired of being a silver shitter.

I bitched when they added that stuff to, there isn't a double standard, it just isn't the focal point of our argument

I hope they add them with the australian season which will also replace all grenades with spiders and barbed wire with snakes

Why? Sure, he's Blackbeard and has one of the best gadgets, but his rifle is already way below average for ARs. It has low ROF, relatively low damage, and only 21 bullets.

i heard they're going to add koalas that you can place above doorways to drop on people that go through

>another trap operator
way to go ubi

obviously this journalist has not read the OP backstory to tell bullshit like, Frost is an escaped convict and those garbage shipping.

>Why? Sure, he's Blackbeard and has one of the best gadgets, but his rifle is already way below average for ARs. It has low ROF, relatively low damage, and only 21 bullets.
>Thinking ubi makes any sense
Also, Blackbeard doesn't have any assault rifles, and AR isn't used to refer to assault rifles.

So the SCAR would be considered what?

The first sentence talks about what she would prefer as character bios

don't fucking start

Too late I'm starting lets go

What's the point of recoil reducing barrel attachments with set recoil patterns? Why not just create a macro and use sound suppressors on everything?

Exactly

>/r6g/ reading comprehension

>Overwatch had ranked play bans for a season for people who keep quitting matches
>Can't play for the rest of the season if you abandon too many games
>They have now added the potential for a permanent ban from all ranked play, forever, if you keep being a shitter and quitting
>>>Game director Jeff Kaplan said in June that Blizzard would be happy if "leavers" just stopped playing the game altogether, adding, "We keep increasing the penalty for leaving and will continue to do so."

>Ubisoft adds a team killing penalty that is easily exploited
>Raised the kick requirement from 3 to 4 votes so you quite literally can't kick someone if they have a partner
>Ubisoft removes maps from the ranked rotation to mirror ESL but plays all 3 modes whereas ESL only plays bomb so you are playing only the best Bomb maps on hostage and secure
>Now puts out an update that just bricks your PS4 if you try to invite people from your friends list

What in the fuck is going on???

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Heartbeat sensors were an equipment item in the 1st Rainbow Six game, and showed nearby enemies on the map display in real time. It also made an appearance in the last chapter of the Rainbow Six novel, where Rainbow hunted terrorists in the jungle. It was physically different, and not a portable handheld unit, but still functioned by detecting nearby heartbeats.
>Wasn't that what MW2 ripped off?
Now, it's possible MW2 was partly inspired by the motion tracker from Aliens, but that is specifically a motion tracker (it picks up machines and other moving things, and misses things standing sill), while in Rainbow Six it explicitly works by detecting the electrical impulses given off by a beating heart.

>Ubisoft
>Anything done competently

You can choose one and only one

>vidya thread upsets me
>let's get political
>FUCK EUROPE
chill

Forced Diversity? It's an Counter Terrorist Unit composed of men and women from special forces units across the WORLD. Now I can agree the bios for the women are pretty wank but so are the mens too. Ela's still the worst offender with a bloated bio while some operators get a note scrap worth of information. I really wish I had aspirations for game design and got into this games development on character design. I'd have those bios properly detailed with plausible reasons for why this operator joined that CTU and then got into Rainbow.

whatever reddit

I still can't believe they managed to make siege.

Now they're fucking it up big time.