Previous: Patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1477601466704282818
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1477601466705686918

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map):
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

If war skills scale off the weapons you wield, is there a 2h int weapon other than staff?

Nope.

Why did Larian remove the few portraits they'd made during EA?

>fuck lizard whore
>gangbanged by dwarfs the following day
>have to spend 30 minutes moving shit form a backpack to my inventory
>whole city knows I'm a skeleton
>everyone wants to fucking kill me
>decide to go back to kill the lizard whore
>kill her while she sleeps
>rip her face off and make it my new Lizard form
worth it

>eat source with the tyrants helm
>you eat too much and it summons a demon
>it was chained inside the helm to give it it's powers
>when you kill the demon what is left is the chains of pain skill instead
i love this game

So, wait, are Red Prince's dragons are just dragons? They cannot shapeshift into another form, like dragon knights or dragon mother of Dragon Commander?

Not even mace?

>Playing on tactician
>Boss has rupture tendons on him and swaps places with a Silent Monk on the other side of the room
>Immediately runs back to me and dies from the rupture talons dot
>The Monk he teleported is right in front of my rogue now and dies the next turn

Woah!!! Didn't see that one coming. The way the boss just suicided himself really caught me off guard. Bravo Larian.

Are you joking? Holy shit if that's true.

They are probably too young?

Is that in Arx? I could never find any prostitutes in Driftwood

there are 4 different types of staffs one for each element
if you know what you are doing you'd be having 4 staffs in your inventory so why are you asking for more 2h INT weapons?

Glad we cleared that up haha. Sorry if it ever seemed like I was saying it was super broken op, it's just good and kind of cheesy but nothing comes close to just spamming 4 summoners of course.

In a related note - how have you managed to get Warfare / Geo tank to not feel kind of lackluster?

The only time I thought I was making it work was when I went pure Tank and had both a Ranger and a Rogue for physical damage and a pure utility mage.

>guy ruptures Fanes tendons (????)
>another guy charms him to their side
>Fane casts one spell, runs to the other side of the map, runs back and dies

Since when does 'turn on your friends' mean 'act like a fucking retard'

>Are you joking?
no, it happened to me yesterday in act 2 while i was regaining source from corpses lying around

Hoping for a melee weapon and I've been getting weird results about ram using strength while a staff's equipped

Good skill directions to take a spear/cloth armor build, outside of "the trash bin"?

Does source eating gives you a villain tag? I don't want it but I do want to eat spirits.

It's probably not a staff then. Check what the stat requirement of the weapon is to see what Warfare's scaling is going to be based on with it equipped.

Can't go wrong with warfare/necro i would think

there are two types of skills in this game
skills that use your primary stats for a base and skills that take your weapons damage type for a base

Do undead benefit from blood necro heals or only from poison?

I don't want any part of this necro thing.
I'm tired of hearing it honestly.
I'll probably give Fane that treatment anyways since I have no idea what else to give him.

Warfare + Poly and just splash whatever utility skills you like from other trees - so Haste from Pyro, Adrenaline from Scoundrel etc.

You basically just have to treat it like a melee-range Ranger because all your damage is coming from your weapon and Warfare and everything else is just utility and trying to stop yourself dying since you have shit armor.

geomancer to plug your butthole with boulders after you get raped with you 3 1/2 physical armor points

polymorph to fly away, haste to keep yourself out of enemy reach, possibly hydromoprh to make giant frozen slicks to free enemies too

Wizard / Geo Fane is pretty fun if you don't want no Necro in your build. Playing Dead in a puddle of poison never gets old.

Oh fuck it, I'll just go huntsman instead then.
I fucking hate this game.

>protecting Malady on the boat
>teleport one of the fuckers to the other boat to get rid of him
>Gareth runs over next to the other boat so the Gheist can backstab his way back on to our boat
HAHA.
I can see this sort of thing being a recurring theme in this game.

>Build an impenetrable wall of crates to protect my ranged guys
>Enemies start breaking the crates
impressive

>Enemy casts chicken claw
>my character runs around like its the end of days

>I cast chicken claw on them
>they sit there as if trying to hatch an egg

If you like spears and light armor but don't want to gimp yourself you can make it work - you just have to not be concerned about the AP cost of changing weapons in combat.

Go Huntsman and splash Warfare for CC, utility and Enrage. You'll do usual Huntsman things only a tiny bit worse than regular Huntsman.

When things get close to you whip out your spear and go to town with Enrage + Warfare skills, then retreat and resume Huntsman things.

It works alright because not every enemy can get up close and personal if you've positioned correctly, so you're usually just blowing up one guy in melee combat before resuming bow shenanigans.

If they don't run straight away attack them once.

It's part of why the Chicken Claw + Sever Tendons combo works so well, they ALWAYS run after you hit them as a chicken.

>Freeze a door so enemies can't pass through it.
>Their mage casts fire on the door so it melts.
>Their tank with high magic armor opens the door so he doesn't get burning applied.

c-clever girl...

>cloth armor
You need INT for that.
>spear
You need FIN for that.

Cloth armor gives you mainly magic resist so you'll need to get physical armor from somewhere.
>geomacy

Spears have range and are good for abusing the opportunist perk.
>aerotheurge for teleporting enemies near you
>warfare for ram closing the distance and for weapon AoE skills

So essentially you ram to get close to an enemy, teleport another enemy next to you and then spin to win.If they try to get away you smack them for free and whoever has teleport in your party just teleports them back.

I'd suggest against cloth armor.A combo of heavy + leather would be a lot better.

HELP

why do I have to babysit a level 9?

What's the name of the Inquisitor presets armor?
And is it Finesse or Intelligence based?

Was I supposed to ebe able to click on the hatch and teleport through the wall to the right of sebille

What's the max level anyway?

So that's why it never worked for me... I never knew you had to attack them to make them run. Shit, time to go choke some chickens.

So how do you go about murdering Garvan in peace and quiet?

Sometimes you don't have to attack them, and they just run anyway - but if you've chickened a full-HP tank for example who is only missing armor they're unlikely to run straight away.

Luckily of course you can just bypass this entirely because hitting them even once triggers the "I am a chicken and must run" action.

Yes. Or you can completely ignore it and use teleport.

Do i give the tablet from the black pits to the succubus, to ryker or keep it to myself?

Yes,

Hope you have teleport as it makes the maze piss easy.

No I mean like I was literally in the starting area, didn't use a skull to get into the room sebille is in, just mashclicked on the hatch and I used it.

>glass cannon doesnt allow CC at the start of every fight, but instead the start of every turn

Who in hell designed this perk. It literally just negates your armor

Or you can just get the Ring of Braccus first and skip the maze entirely.

Don't think i've found that ring?

Glass cannon and Stench will let you just make a nuking machine though aslong as you keep them away from aoe cc.

Armor still blocks damage, so there's still reason to have good armor on characters with low HP pools.

Only place GC works is on Rangers with LOTS of escapes and can keep fleeing to high ground or Rogues who blow someone up in one activation then Invis or run away.

Oh I have the ring already...so is there any point to doing this then?

Gareth and them are already waiting by the seekers

Have you found the Vault of Braccus Rex and fought the illusion guy? It's on the far end of the beach which you arrive at if you take either the Magisters Quarters exit or the Prison Boat exist from Fort Joy.

The Gargoyles just welcome you home as their master if you have the ring.

Not really unless you REALLY want to experience the maze.

The only reward the maze has is access to the tower - which showing the ring to the gargoyles takes you straight to anyway.

You'll also want to have done the vault and collected the Soul Jars from the Vault before doing the tower anyway because there's a meme fight with the undead Necromancers imprisoned in the tower, who resurrect infinite times if you don't smash their soul jars before fighting them.

Anyone finds the game's quality drops really hard after the island?

Nawh, i took the bridge exit ran around a bit and ended up at the maze. Looks like it's time to turn around.

>"Finally after 2 hours agonising over what to play, I have decided on Beast".
>"lets just run over to th-"

are you fucking kidding me

Not him but is there anything I can do with the burning guy in the maze?

The retard who tries to kill the Red Prince encounter I presume?

Cast blood rain and then cast bless on the blood beneath him.

Yes there is.

Bless removes Necrofire.

How many unlockable tags are there? I just got the Hero tag randomly, which I assume is unlocked by being a moralfag for an extended period of time.

I've got the helm, wand and ring but haven't done the maze.
The ring still curses

I tried wearing it and walking into the maze nothing changes

brainlet

I blessed him nothing changes

Is anyone playing as Sebille?

Blessing him was the second thing I tried didn't do anything

The fucking totems besides the spring one won't stay activated.
Is there a work around?

Talk to the gargoyle above the main entrance gate to the maze. you don't need to have the Ring equipped I think, you should just be able to leave it in your inventory.

Again, blessing won't work without blood rain.

Why?

You need to bless a surface under him, have you tried rain / blood rain and blessing that? I'm not sure if it works with regular rain, but I know it works with Blood Rain.

He has Hellfire, not necrofire

I dunno, ask larian. But that's the only way to cure that dude.

Because he keeps getting set on fire again. If you don't have Blood Rain simply use Flesh Sacrifice to create a Blood Pool, bless it - and then teleport the guy on top of it.

You can just use an elf or shapeshift into one and cut yourself to drop blood around him.

Fuck I had discovered the place before I did any of that. So I talked to the gargoyle already

Is ifan bin ladens story and personality as generic as it seems?

Kind of, he's a pretty comfy fantasy trope to be honest. Similar to Beast his story, while pretty typical for his character archetype - it gets pretty high stakes by the end.

how long is act 3, which i'm assuming is arx? I just got there, probably spent like 20~ hours in act 2

Pyro+warfare+geo+wand and shield.
Will this work for a close quarters splashed and dasher?

You can combine Living on the Edge with Last Rites for free res

Act 3 isn't arx, you got another island yet.

Ok so i have played till act 2, and I still have not found it, Where the actual fuck is the xp bar?

Yes.

Geo to spray oil everywhere then either suck it all up to becomes a super tank or supernova to annihilate everything.

All while having INT scaling warfare skills for a nice mix of magical and physical too.

Warfare skills scale off whatever stat your mainhand weapon is. Take advantage of that.

Bottom

jesus fucking christ
how long is this goddamn game
you're not talking about the nameless isle are you, i've already been there.

Fuck yes.
Okay, male human of female dwarf?
That's all that's left for me to decide I think.

>Necro Fane LotE + Last Rites every time someone dies.
>Play Dead in a puddle of poison to heal up for free.

Gets me every time.

At this cemetery where the 4 dudes resurrect when you interact with all 4 of their tombs. They keep re spawning... over and over.. I am not sure what i am supposed to do to actually beat them.

Dwarf has more synergy with the play-style thanks to petrify and native bonus to health and dodge.

Plus supernova for the magical exploding Dwarf is all kinds of value.

How is sparking swings?

do I do it lads?

gotta focus them one by one, they only transform once each and 2nd form is much stronger than 1st

big titty female dwarf

I like your thinking.
I'm also thinking Executioner fiiiiirst and then Savage Sortialage next talent choice.
Unless there's some better more-magic oriented talents I'm totally unaware of. Most seem like dogshit

Yes, get rid of that cunt