/domg/ - Dominions General

Anachronistic imperialism edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP head first, the best learning experience is by playing the game

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Dominions 5

illwinter.com/dom5/

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

juliareda.eu/2017/09/secret-copyright-infringement-study/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=RemoveNazca
youtube.com/watch?v=rdhNkv4ryuM
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=SerialExperimentsLA
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3480
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This mod is pretty much perfect, I always wanted to bring enlightenment to savages with ten Artillery pieces and about 200+ riflemen

We need a total conversion mod for XVIII century warfare line infantry warfare.

I just realized Jomon went AI. What a disappointing turn of events, though understandable.

Why don't people do this

Because it costs 200 gems

free
gold
what else am I gonna make with that earth gem lol

Summons????

Boots. Helms. Armor. Gatecleavers. Earth Kings. Empowering. Earth Elementals.
Or even 100 astral pearls.

Dwarven Hammers.
Earthquakes.
Rain of Stones.
Maws of the earth.
Fall Bears.

Earth gem alchemy is wasteful. If you really need money so badly distill gold from fire gems.

>Unironically responding to bait this obvious

Dwarven Hammers.
Armor of Knights.
Blacksteel stuff.
Gatecleavers.
Girdles of Might.
Stone Birds.
Earth Boots.
Boots of Stone.
Stars of Heroes.
Some of the best artifacts in the game.
And that's not even getting into the summons like Earth Kings, Fall Bears, and Living Statues, or crosspath stuff.

>I was merely pretending!
'no'

You can only use so many dwarven hammers as you have stuff worth producing.
You need to have hero's to put these items on, girdles on all your mages? seems pretty memey
Stone Birbs is air + earth, don't always have extra air
These summons are often a LONG way down research paths that you haven't started on, this was just 1.5 years of Earth income

Depending on which nation you are playing, getting extra 6k gold is far more valuable than summoning chaff or putting items on commanders you don't have/using research you haven't researched.

juliareda.eu/2017/09/secret-copyright-infringement-study/

>Does copyright infringement negatively affect legal sales?
>The study’s conclusion: With the exception of recently released blockbusters, there is no evidence to support the idea that online copyright infringement displaces sales. While this result is not unique, but consistent with previous studies......

literally no one here cares. Go huff paint

Who dis? Have pearls will travel

end the oppression of my people

Illfraud IDF detected

t. arco

sorry about those provs buddy, i'll back it up

Don't bother. I'm magic phasing them.

I'd really rather not lose the thugs, especially when I'm going to be pissing a bunch of pearls on dispel

eh. fine. Send some gems or something.

How can Jomon even compete with BWR?

No wonder the guns are so weak, they are just shoving rocks they find on the ground into their guns.

Didn't bother me, I just kicked the damage up a little bit.

>Thunder Weapons stun on hit
jesus christ how horrifying

If you have E2 mages you can use these gems to spam battle-winning spells like Maws. Even a handful of fuckers casting Maws twice is enough to wreck most armies.

I am not saying "convert all Earth gems to gold"
I am saying "Convert the excess to a game winning surplus of gold on a gold starved nation"

So spending 30 of them casting Maws? No biggie
Spending another 30-45 on Hammers? Great
Then dump the extra 200 gems into 6k gold after you got Alt 6

I don't think that this is never the right move but I also think that you can kill 90% of nations, until the very late game, by just spamming Maws. If you're gold-capped and can't field more Earth mages then okay, but otherwise you can convert gems to wins at an alarming rate.

Um, guys, if all of you (those who aren't Ulm, anyway) really want Ulm to win as soon as possible, I'm unironically ok with conceding. I still have no idea why you completely refuse to fight the guy who owns 2/3 of the world, but if you're dead set on actually helping him, then let's just end this?

Boiling Water Reactor?

big white rifles i think

Piercing and armour piercing together ignore 60% of the target's protection so 10 damage can even punch through enemies with 25 protection

>MA Ulm with Army of Lead
help

Spell penetration items boyo
Also they're still cripplingly vulnerable to getting overfatigued

Foulflesh casts bone grinding

Maneater casts bone grinding

Skullface casts bone grinding

Purcestator casts bone grinding

the armies of Ulm are routed

That's a lot of D7 casters

they kill any number of Ulm troops

Sure, but getting 4 casters with D6+ is really hard. You're looking at Tartarians with the right path or at Liches with 2 boosters.

liches are ench8, tartarians are conj9, army of lead is alt9, if he has his spell you have yours

Foul Vapors is very solid against Ulm.

The problem isn't research, but gems.

There shouldn't be ANY spells that effect whole battlefields outside of stuff like storm which does no direct damage

That's a bad opinion.

I agree. Though spells that deal small damage over time like Foul Vapors are debatable.

Foul vapors doesn't hit the whole battlefield, it only hits like 1/10th per turn or something

trade, buy, site search, alchemize

work on your gem economy

Massed thunderstrikes excel at removing Ulm, and Army of Lead will make them even more vulnerable.

Who's your favorite hero, /domg/?

My dad

i wish i could say this

Malphas. He always shows up on like turn 3.

I like Hinnom's heroes but they all have arrival limits so they won't be available until mid-year 2.

Golog. He sees foolishness of the youngsters, secludes himself with the dead but still comes when his nation is in trouble.

t. Malphas

Forester Bob, the One True Meme of Domg. He alone can face the SA memes and triumph.

Lugh "Yeah but do you have a spot for somebody who is the best at everything?" Long Handed

Any games recruiting?

Reminder to go AI in all your games and get ready for Dom5.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=RemoveNazca

RemoveNazca! Just like RemoveLanka, but Middle Aged!

Remove Conflux already ffs

Hot Take: Fireballs etc should be way, way more accurate.

Good ol' Etimmu.

Why remove Nazca? There are nations a lot more cancerous in MA.

Was the winner in the last MA game I was in, so I named it that.

Same reason I named RemoveLanka, the EA game.

t. Nazcakal

What pretender was he using?

Wanna say f9w9? I played sceleria and was honestly just way too passive. amassed by far the biggest army in the game and sat on it.

>Then dump the extra 200 gems into 6k gold after you got Alt 6
No, don't do that. There's so many amazing sinks you can drop earth gems into, and plenty of them are low research.

Drop all your gems into Hidden in Sand, Hidden Underneath, or Troll King's Court, for example. They're level 5-6 research, and you must have a decent amount of research by the time you hit Alt6. Save your gems until those are available then dump them all into good summons.

Or go for Clockwork Horrors, Gargoyles, Living Statues, Trolls. All good options to sink a bunch of gems into.

If you're really hard up for research, there's still options like Ogres and Cave Crabs/Drakes.

Of course there's possible situations where gold is more vital to you than these, but if you're looking at your earth gems and thinking "the best option here is for me to turn these into gold", you're probably wrong.

I'm busy with Ragha, especially since Krewlod is jumping in trying to keep them alive for whatever reason.

By Ragha you mean Erathia?

Whoops, yeah. Sorry, always get those two confused.

>tfw you realize best jotunheim is scale jotunheim

What's so good about it that you're willing to give up N9 skrattir thugs?

maybe he was talking about a N9 imprisoned tree scale jotunheim

That's just the standard Jotunheim build though, not exactly something you need to realize.

>twf my commander Jotun with the heroic ability that gave him more HP was scared of indies, got an affliction that gives -5 to Morale and fled to my territory that was conquered by Pan on that turn resolution so the game said that he died due to fleeing to an enemy province
He still only had 59 HP yet, dammit.

I still want to try out soul contract jotunheim

>24HoursIsPlenty uses some rare Snerdyn without a link to it

Where the heck is this thing?

It's literally Snerdryn with more nostarts

>Rare Snedryn
youtube.com/watch?v=rdhNkv4ryuM

Meanwhile, on dom4mods

Post names or didn't happen.

>MY TREATIES

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=SerialExperimentsLA

Here's the thread.

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3480

I kind of want to watch this with the original subtitles.

And they said mage support is a meme

who said that?

propably the faget with zhayedans

>44 war elephants

Jesus fuck.

Classy elephants.

Is this SP?

Jokes on you, all you did was free up his upkeep for his shitty expanders so he can invest even more into mages and infrastructure

thats fucking fire elemental support....

Those were Bandarian citizens, you thot.