totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3WKN0XF8-3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for worst elves

High Elves are just fine.

Second for HE are going to be overbuffed

It's kind of dumb that they decide to put two elf factions in the base game

you are walking in to a trap, varrus

>FFA confirmed
SOON, BRUVAS, SOON WE'LL TAKE DA PEAKS.

So it is settled.
Darkshards with shields > helven archers
Helven archers > Darkshards without shield

redpill me on FFA, what is it about?

>Streamers got warhammer today
>The only guy streaming is some pirate roleplayer

At least he seems to know his stuff, but holy shit he's doing some sort of cheesy RP every time someone subs.

ABOUT KICKIN IZ' ED' IN, AND IZ ED IN! ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Are darkshards going to be the only AP ranged unit in the game that can fire over your melee infantry line?
This is kinda overlooked but its a big deal desu

Lothern Sea Guard > Both

I think I remember that loser playing Greenskins the week before TWW1

Who's ready for 8 turns of spears and archer spam where they take one settlement and can't do anything because they have no influence.

multi-way battling just like Medieval 2 (the best Total War ever)

I think Delves get another AP ranged units in Shades and Helves will probably get one with 360 scope in Shadow Warriors with Alith Anar F/DLC

The shields barely matter when the range difference is too high.

The High Elves also have upgraded archers and Lothern Sea Guard with 160 range with higher damage.

They need to have high base stats because they literally have no anti-infantry and armor piercing units.

Their White Lions of Chrace are just damage dealers and melee fighters and still gets shredded by Saurus Warriors, Black Ark Corsairs and Stormvermins.

Most likely, but they do have rather low range though, so that's their downside, and it seems easy to exploit.

Also I believe they have a really dense formation, so they'll get shredded by magic/arty

DID ELICH GET IT

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

All this pre-release crying about The High Elves will just make them overbalanced by release, being the best faction in the game by a mile.

>(0-9) - "NO PEACE, JUST WAR!"
>(11-19) - "SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS!"
>(20-29) - "I'M FRANZ, THEY WILL OBEY!"
>(30-39) - "I MUST SEE MY MEN!"
>(40-49) - "THIS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT!"
>(50-59) - "I WILL NOT STAND IDLE!"
>(60-69) - "BY SIGMAR, NO!"
>(70-79) - "I AM PRINCE AND EMPEROR!"
>(80-89) - "WHAT?!"
>(90-99) - "TO THE PROVINCES!"
roll

But it seems that helf archers would beat lothern sea guard if it was a pure range fight. 160 vs 180 range

I find it retarded how crossbow units don't have AP damage.

I guess they did so because the Empire and Dwarfs have musket units.

It is now September, and the return of the true Phoenix King is nigh. All across Naggaroth the legions of the Witch King beckon to their sovereigns summons.

Surveying his skin cloth campaign map for the last time, Malekith knows to be ever weary of the roving tribes in the north; and also not to be ignorant of any ambitious dreadlords.
Word has reached him that his mother has marched south without order, it is of little consequence, though the rumour that she has resurrected her cult of pleasure is troubling.

On Ulthuan his spies report that Tyrion is engaged with another cult, taking advantage of the conflict could allow the Witch King to establish another foothold on Ulthuan.

Further south where the shifting sands of Araby blow, it has been reported that the servile men of the Asrai have conquered swathes of land, the riches of this land could well aid Malekiths coffers if he chose to wrest it from them. Though another rumour, perhaps untrue, but not worth ignoring is that a hold of the ratmen is situated somewhere in this land.

Finally from out of the land of Lustria little has been heard, the most valuable pieces of information being that a notable lord of the lizardmen is currently fighting human settlers by himself, it could be advantageous to eliminate such an opponent as swiftly as possible. As for the other piece of information, it has been heard that the whoreson Teclis is leading an expedition on the southernmost tip of Lustria, supposing he survives the dangers of the land it would give Malekith great pleasure to have a rematch.

Regardless of where the first strike is made Malekith will control the vortex and regain his homeland. Domination by a best elf soon!

Sea Guard get silver shields, and from what I saw they have slightly higher missle damage, so the archers would get a volley or two in before the sea guard starts shooting, but from there it's just downhill for them

>dark riders
>already nerfed hard

>darksharts
>babby range because we can't have an AP crossbow unit with normal range

War, what is it good for?

Will they eventually buff up helves to not be shit?

Waywatchers

Shadow Warriors are just High Elf versions of Waywatchers.

I remember the two having the same stats and the same meme kiting on the tabletop.

>I will not stand idle
Sounds like buffs are coming soon

wow, apollo never played Warhammer

I have no idea who that is, but if he has a decent twitch following and shows interest in warhammer he'll get one

I AM FRANZ, THEY WILL OBEY

it's a shame they can't introduce it into the campaign but the ai would probably fuck up or be too exploitable. 3 way battles would be extremely tense and 3 faction armies get together often enough for it to happen.

Looking from the point of single player campaign, is there a point in getting archers when you can have sea guard if sea guard has higher missile damage?

Lothern Sea Guard have higher leadership, are shielded (silver) and have higher DPS than regular archers.

Have you seen the multiplayer, FFA and campaign playthroughs? The normal archers rout too fast after losing a few men while the Darkshards and Lothern Sea Guard just run away and regroup.

How long until high elf players somehow decide their bolt thrower is worse than the dark elf bolt thrower or something?

>Unshielded archers would beat shielded archers because of small range advantage

No user.

I wonder if it'll be in a quest battle or final battle maybe

Will anyone ever love me?

upkeep/logistics

One is a Tier 1 unit

The other requires a Tier 3 city and upgraded barracks

You'll get sick of Lothern Sea Guard since all your best units are locked behind a Tier 5 city and Tier 5 building chains

Anyone who enjoys artillery will go skaven and both elven artillery pieces will be used only to make the AI come to you, nothing else.

>no peace just war
Guess it's time to go out like a champ

Can High Elf bolt throwers get murderous prowess? Checkmate atheists

any thoughts about the obvious superiority of the under-empire

Their stats are the same.

The ones complaining about artillery are the Keks.

Should I end it all?

Can dark elf one? Machines and beasts don't get the buff :^)

Don't worry user the modders will get right to work making Delves and Helves just as utterly broken as they were on the tabletop.

Malekith will need his melee attack/defense doubled, and he will cost so much upkeep you'll probably start the campaign in the negative.

hah nice

>no more Darren camera work

Normal archers are most likely cheaper, eaier to get the buildings for (Although with Tyrion's -1 recruitment trait you can just spend some extra cash abroad and get most of your units in 1 turn of global recruitment still) And might get buffs from certain techs that the sea guard dont get.

Who ?

They stole a year from him...

I-I'm not sure I get it Karl...

you can't steal from the irish, you just reclaim, same goes for gypos.

Why did he leave? Far as I could tell, his catastrophic rant came after he left CA.

He's an actual idiot.

What is AP?

>check his patreon
>he dropped his original goal of $1200 per month to 500
>is still only half way towards goal

Rip in peace Darren

franz confirmed for reddit meme-man

FUCKING TIME BANDITS

Anal Play, central to the dark elf theme

Armor piercing. It does damage equal to the AP value, completely bypassing armor

With your gold building giving you public order and more public order giving you more tax + trading, I doubt that upkeep will be an issue once the elf economy picks up.
As for logistics, if you're talking about getting them as did, once you get them at one place, you will be able to get them anywhere in one turn due to -1 to recruitment that Lothern faction has.

As for the tier 1 vs tier 3 yeah, you're right, but once you get tier 3, then you might as well go all in with lothern sea guard. What else is there. Spears? Archers? Why not just take both as sea guard. Once you get access to SMoH and PG, then I could understand getting different infantry, but before that, seems like zero reason to not just spam LSG. Even WL don't seem to compare too well to them since they get decimated over and over again.
Only relevant question is this >And might get buffs from certain techs that the sea guard dont get.

Oh they are playing the new historical allready?

>Time Bandits

I WANT MOOT, MOOT WHEN

Should I go back to sleep?

He's never coming back. Google keeps him locked up in the basement, with occasional torture sessions to extract information, for his crimes against humanity.

What bonus units does Teclis start with?

I would be dissapointed if he didn't get Swordmasters, and maybe some silver helms.

>I must see my men
Do you have any friends?

There is a moment where blond retard took archer buff in red tree for Tyrion, if someone has a screenshot, that would be great. I just don't want to go over that dreadful video just to find those 4 frames. I think Sea guard is buffed by both melee and ranged infantry lord skills tho

b-but he also gets add revenue from YouTube!

>Tomb Kings still not announced.

are there any helf units that revolve around magic?

bonus to mages and swordmasters.
Teclis is the elite expeditionary leader.

Shit you're right, better refund that patreon donation I just made.

I sometimes wonder if it's still the same guy

I found this one, which does show Archers and Sea Guard units to get the buff, gonna try to dig up the Bow Master one

ur kinda dumb

I like the skill trees
More customization is better.

>watching the yogscast FFA
>their high elf player actually takes a lore of life mage, keeps healing his units throughout the game and ends up winning.
Why is it that absolute shitters have a better idea of the concepts of the game than CA PR fags?

Nothing like the Sisters of the Thorn or the Delf equivalent. Helfs are the only Elf faction missing a cavalry unit of magic birches

soon
youtu.be/3WKN0XF8-3Q

*bitches. Damn autocorrect

Nihao! lol

This is when they bother to distinguish dark elves at all. Dark elf spearmen and empire spearmen are already SPEARMANNI levels of similar with a 50 gold and minor stat difference between them

G O B L I N S

I went through it again, and yeah. Bow masters also affect Sea Guard.

>+8 attack
>+8 defence
>+14?% missile damage
>+24?% ammunition
for 6 skill points
pretty bad honestly

its on the same level as pistolkorps+empire sword buffs

Holy fucking shit the Queek quest speech I just saw on stream is the worst speech I've ever seen in a TW game

>ratfags are cancer.

>Orcs & Goblins - 8th Edition Roster mod
OH SHIT DOG, SOMEBODY DID IT.

When