Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.05
sihmar.com/tekken-1-05-update-patch-notes/
>Patch 1.06
sihmar.com/tekken-7-1-06-update-ps4-xbox-patch-notes/
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qccZGuoEWDg
youtube.com/watch?v=NjOkPEj0sg8
streamable.com/shm00
youtu.be/cifIX-8LEAI?t=4455
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

KA!!!!

Second for lmao kekken is dead

third for true love

i love this game!

Too lewd!

You can also get to HMS from 4,u+3 and FC u+4 if you mash 3+4 during. I don't think they're natural transitions but they're seamless.

Why doesn't anyone play Eddy?

Thank god nobody plays eddy.

Because his entire appeal is to troll your friends with him. His fighting style isn't fun or aesthetic to watch.

>nobody plays SUCC anymore

shouldn't Miguel be a scouser?

>keep losing to bryans online
>hit the lab to find out what mistakes I'm making
>B1 is a + on block CH launcher that also launches on normal hit
>qcf 4 is a safe mid launcher
>safe orbital heel that launches for a combo on normal hit
>qcf 3 is an unseeable low that causes a fuckton of damage and knocks down on CH
So why would anyone ever not play this character exactly?

B1 doesn't launch on normal hit

he's a hard character with a bad rep
>So why would anyone ever not play this character exactly?
he's the archetypal edgy teenager character with a very boring playstyle

qcf+4 isn't a launcher. if you're talking about qcb+4, that's -12.

Is there an alternate frame data bot to TekkenBotPrime?

don't think so, no. what's wrong with it?

Shit i meant normal hit vs crouchers

Nothing, I just thought it was out of date since it's not working for me. Is it working for you?

I can tell you've lost a lot to an eddy

oh yeah the guy hasn't updated it for the most recent patch yet
guess it's borked until then

damn, thanks.

Lili looks gigantic in that

she's pretty tall for a girl

>playing my main paul
>go against a lili at some casuals near my place
>proceed to lose 15 straight against her
>never win a round
>get depressed

How the fuck do you go against this slut? My deathfists and demomans aren't hitting for shit. Vidya is supposed to be fun, why do these tryhards have to always shit it up for us newbies? It's as if they don't want you to play tekken.

youtube.com/watch?v=qccZGuoEWDg
Why doesn't Tekken show frame data in game?

She's a big girl

for you

Because Harada is a hack.

Goddamn Lili is delicious

Almost everyone is a hack if you consider it that way.

Who's the best example as a character that has a low skill floor but a high skill ceiling?

drag maybe

How do I play Lee?

slidey

russian man of many running twos

Whats the best way of practicing consistency for execution heavy stuff like Nina's ss1 loops?

JDCR is cute.

>he didn't lab in tekken bowl
smhtbqh

JDCR and Saint are the best faces of tekken

>but muh draggen muh jackken

Can I just get an Excellent Adventures of JDCR and Saint? Not even them playing tekken, just them going out and doing stuff. Their friendship is just really refreshing and they both seem like funny guys.

According to interviews with JDCR, he doesn't really play tekken and just discusses it and theory crafts.

He looks like my aunt

i want to fuck your aunt!

>tfw you will never go bowling with Saint

I mean JDCR just seems to have godlike talent for the game so it doesn't surprise me he doesn't grind the game or need much practice

MISHIMA

I am JDCRs aunt

Reminder new VF never ever because SEGA has no first part talent left :'(

>Jack niggers mash and unga and still get wins
lmao

>Asuka retards mash and unga
>safe on everything, all her hits reach far
>to top it all off these retards also have 3rd world connection

I like shitposting too but let's not oversaturate the thread with it please

I hear the VF team hasn't made a VF6 because they can't decide what else they can do with the series. I love VF for being a pure fighter with no gimmicks so I would be disappointed if VF6 came out and had some dumb new mechanic like super moves.
youtube.com/watch?v=NjOkPEj0sg8

Eh I'd believe it, but Jeff Gerstmann mentioned after Tekken 7 came out that he's talked to Sega people at events and they told him the people you want to make a VF aren't there anymore, and they don't want to make a bad game, so I think it's both

Maybe if Yu Suzuki returned and rounded up the old team members again. I don't even know what AM2 does these days or if they're even around. I'll take VF5FS on Steam at the very least.

why is it always a Drag, Asuka, King, Law, Chloe player that mash and make the game lag? I don't get it
I wish these people would get permanently banned if the connection quality dips because of them

Yeah that would be great to see, but I'm not sure the odds of that are very high. I agree that a steam release of FS would be good a realistic, seeing how they've been porting console exclusives so much recently, but maybe the VF5 engine is too much trouble for little payoff.

So how many of you are actually king players? I just played three different characters at three different ranks and my thing is set to +-2 ranks, and I fought 3 different kings in a row lol
why don't you fags want to try anyone else?
is it because you can't win with anyone else?

you know whats the worst part about playing online?
these mashing negroes that know nothing about their fucking character but have over a 100 hours in the game. are people really this fucking stupid?

I idle a lot and have a few hundred hours and I'm not really good.

>b1
launches only on ch, long range, super linear and +4 on block. Good ass move.

>qcb4
It's not safe. It's -12.

>Orbital
All orbitals are safe. Except Steve's.

>Qcf3
It's qcb3 and it's a must for Bryan to even have any offense. Imagine pre console, that shit used to LAUNCH on ch.

>Why would anyone not want to play this char
He has not the best pokes, awkward launcher input for punishing, and needs legit execution at the wall for taunt.

Overall he's a great character and should be playing more.

that's not an excuse retard
who the fuck idles for over a hundred hours?

100 hours is nothing in this game (or any fighting game, I imagine).

I haven't even gotten into actually practicing throw breaks. I'm still learning to properly block strings and side step punishes.

Every time I go on a losing streak with Kazuya I play Leo and get it all back.

I feel dirty but fulfilled afterward just like when I pay hookers to step on me with stockings and high heels.

Don't give up!!!

>He has not the best pokes, awkward launcher input for punishing, and needs legit execution at the wall for taunt.
are you legit fucking retarded?
his pokes reach far, some are unreactable and he mostly stays plus or safe
he can fish for ch that launches, and most of his launchers but snake edge is safe
and he doesn't even need taunt in the first place at the wall. his wall pressure is already god tier and all you really need is B4 jet upper at the wall. which btw is safe unless your opponent is mashing his 10 frame jab
fucking 17er retard

don't forget his combos are incredibly easy to do and carry to the wall, so anyone can play him

Name three characters with hard combos in this game.

Nina, Lee, Akuma

>and he doesn't even need taunt in the first place at the wall.

But taunt into B4 is what makes his wall game so scary.

Hmm like what? His df1 is -10 on block +1 on hit and extension is also +1 on hit and -15 on block. His df2 as replacement is -6 on block with a duckable high extension and unsafe mid. His magic 4 is below average. His 1,4 and 1,2_1 is good as well.

For lows his d4, db3, qcb3 are all good.

He's not really poke heavy... All he does is have some good transitioning between defense and offense because of frames.

Also how is wall pressure god tier? Without taunt all I can see it being is a unseeable low into +f (that many chars have) but what are u gonna splat with for a frame trap? B4? It's 16 frames, and you're +4 off of soccer kick, so you lose to jab or downjab lol.

As for mids all he has is a b4, which is quite linear. His wall pressure is only god tier because of taunt.

His homing moves are below average except ff4 which is well above average.

Idk man u seem retarded. I have orange Bryan and I can tell you he's not as how you describe.

>Mids
At the wall I meant. For mids he has f3 which is great, orbital and 3+4. All great. df2,1 is alright. Ws3, fc df4, ws1 are all great too. And goodbye to the round if Bryan blocks a big low... Ws2f2 is 50% life easy.

Of course the qcb2,4 is also a good mid. Great damage, guaranteed damage afterwards but the high is duckable on reaction.

>And goodbye to the round if Bryan blocks a big low... Ws2f2 is 50% life easy.
What level are you on if people are actively doing lows that are -19 or more?

As paul I played against my friend's lili the other day and went 34-4 against him before we took a break. We're both new to tekken but I figure things out way faster than he does. So I'll list some basic shit about her.

Lili likes to step a lot so abuse qcb4 and b1,2. Both catch her trying to step linear shit paul does. But she also likes to high/low crush things so you kinda have to pick up habits or condition then to force the step instead of the crush. Or visa versa. Ff2:1 seemed good in neutral since the first hit would beat high/low crush and the second hit would track to force a block on step.

Mostly just block mid, her slide low is i24 and retractable, can punish with your ws2 combo of choice, same goes for her snake edge too.

Whatever her axekick is is like +3 on block and forces crouch, abd launches on counterhit just backdash after it most of the time, try to pick up her rhythm for it and whiff punish rather than challenge.

This is all noob shit though, this is my first tekken so I might be retarded. And I was playing against another person new to tekken, so yeah.

Any level? Hellsweeps are routine for mishimas, bob, leo, and jin. Then there's moves like pauls d4, laws db44 etc. Tons of lows that are death on block. What level are you where people don't use high risk high reward lows?

Just king and eddy for me. They're also the fucking worst with lag.

who's a good lee player to watch

lowhigh plays him sometimes

What does it mean when you win a match and then they call you a spammer?

It means they couldn't get out of your pressure.

Oh boy, this is gonna change everything..

I'm talking next level waifu posting potential...

This guy graphically and art directionwise looks better than anything in SF5 or MVCI despite probably having 1/10th the budget of those Capcom titles.

streamable.com/shm00

>tfw cant into nina

Based Saint.

>This is all noob shit though, this is my first tekken so I might be retarded.
Don't worry about it, we all gotta start somewhere. Some pro tips though you forgot to mention about Lili:
>Lili is the best girl.
>Lili has the best voice.
>Lili has the best thighs.
>Lili has the best cutscenes and cinematics.
>Lili loves Asuka.

What?

Just spam strings and f3

>Bryan
>archetypal edgy teenage character
I think you're confusing him for devil jin

GIVE UP!

>cyborg
>wears a bandolier
>wears a skull bandana
>maniacal laugh
>taunts
>move literally named snake edge

Devil Jin's faggy korean pretty boy bullshit does not compare to a cyborg who probably has a tattoo of the word columbine

At what rank can you start talking shit?

i didn't say i've idled for hundred of hours dumbfuck

Aris agrees
(from 1:14:15)
youtu.be/cifIX-8LEAI?t=4455