/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #952 - Chaos President Edition.

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R085pZ_Z5nU&feature=youtu.be
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScdsf4CMLpUG_W9Aik_nrMSSEjXV6BQGDxjMZ7ZS8kvVUoblQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
youtube.com/watch?v=tbIO4uO7awg
youtube.com/watch?v=WsWgrf3XLKQ
e621.net/pool/show/5475
youtube.com/watch?v=WjUtoQaRfE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ask if someone is open for commissions
>they say yep
>suddenly realize you don't even know what to ask them to draw

Wave is best girl.

FAST

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

>"YEAH! I FOUND THE PRESIDENT!"

I'm thinking up a concept for a Sonic the Fighters sequel. Anyone want to hear it?

go ahead

cute boy desu

I love his 06 render

youtube.com/watch?v=R085pZ_Z5nU&feature=youtu.be

So, is anyone excited for the TGS stream that's happening tonight?

hey /sthg/ i was wondering if you know of any fan made pdf manuals for sonic themed tabletop roleplaying games?

i know a couple of friends who are starting to get both into sonic and dice roleplaying so i'd like to start a game with them at some time.

also, where should i start with sonic roleplaying ? any suggestions, guides, related material or info would be highly appreciated

Are they even showing anything Sonic related?

I'm sure that OP pic won't start any drama!

The vote for character theme of thread #1100 is still live and will remain so for the remainder of this thread.
This will give artists plenty of time to plan ahead.

Cast your vote. If you want to vote for a character not listed here, you may write them in with the "other" option.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScdsf4CMLpUG_W9Aik_nrMSSEjXV6BQGDxjMZ7ZS8kvVUoblQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

If it does, just report & ignore

>"MR PRESIDENT, MY DEMANDS ARE QUITE SIMPLE. SURRENDER TO THE EGGMAN EMPIRE AND MAKE NO ATTEMPT TO RESIST. OTHERWISE...."

Woop, woop!

Best threesome coming through!

The cutest!
Speaking of 3D models, I noticed they made everyone kind of shorter looking in recent games in comparison to 06.
I preferred it when they looked taller.

Why would it start drama?
/sthg/ loves the President!

Reminder to do your part and VOTE FOR BEST BOT!!!

There is plenty of evidence that shows people playing SA1 without having a single issue with the controls.
No one said the controls were perfect. All I said is that they were fine. Any issue you had is on you for either not learning how the game controls while expecting it to control like another or just being bad at the game in general.

>I can be as precise as I want in lost world. that's why it's a good game.
Is it a good Sonic game, though?

Can one of you post the "itty bitty kitty titties" picture?

Yes, please.

Well damn, what else happened

The President from Shadow's game? Fuck that guy

I wish I was sonic

>Plot about how everything's getting fucked up by something and time's getting erased, and Eggman isn't responsible
>Main villain is a sentient, anthro plant who has the master emerald equivalent of the time Stones embedded in his torso
>Roster consists of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Metal Sonic, Eggman, Chaos 0, Zavok (Who hates everything and is highly cynical now), Gemerl, Nack (With Bark and Bean as assists), Vector (With Espio and Charmy as assists), Omega, and the Heavy King
>Bosses are Super Sonic (controlled by the main villain), the main villain, and Eggman in a mech that's powered by the master time stone, who's fighting you while you're Super Sonic

That Amy looks weird.

You mean this one, user?

Why is there no fanfic if this?

only me for Cream/Cheese thread
so far.

Added some things.

I can't wait to wake up at 4AM to watch them show Park Avenue and Green Hill again.

it's the only good sonic game. I'm not memeing. you're the memer. you have no argument as to why it isn't other than memes.

it combines good controls (2d games had this too)
with good visibility/camera (2d games did not have this, adventure camera was very poor)
good level design where you can explore to find better paths (2d games vary, most are hold right to win, adventure tried, 06 probably did the best, boost is racetrack tier)
and while it does not have "true" momentum like the 2d games, it does have skill based speed, you speed is based on how well you can navigate obstacles and do tricky shortcuts. this is almost ideal, again 06 tried this.

all together it makes a game that is superior in nearly every way except story.

Not bad idea, user.

Can't for them to finally show Modern GHZ & Classic City Heights!

wew
What I would give to bump a Bump.
Sage can watch too.

Awesome pic.
More please?

The best way to ensure his legacy

>The only good Sonic game.

>it's the only good sonic game. I'm not memeing. you're the memer
>most are hold right to win
Alright. Now I know this is a shitpost.
At no point did I say you were "memeing" and it's pretty obvious that you wouldn't be in a Sonic general if you thought Lost World was the only good Sonic game.

Oh, and Rogue, Silver, Mecha Sonic, Gamma, and Omochao are DLC, and the main villain is Infinite but not all that edgy yet insanely creepy.

>meming begins

Looks like most people already voted.
Should we just call it? I can't see any one character making up the gap.

Nah lets wait a bit. Make sure everyone had a chance to VOTE.
But I agree with you that the result is most likely set in stone now.

>hedgehog x hedgehog
babies okay

>hedgehog x chipmunk
stillborn/mutant offspring from hell

No this one came before that one. It has two guys in the background saying "Itty-bitty kitty-titties" with Blaze in the foreground looking embarrassed.

Nuh uh, didn't you see MXYL?

>stillborn/mutant offspring from hell
not acording to the comics

Why does no one like Gamma?

>that pic
Is that a zootopia reference?

If the President was in a Sonic game would you want him to be a good guy or a bad guy?

I still can't believe /v/ made an OC that's better than 90% of the rest.

>Why does no one like Gamma?
Nigga I love Gamma, but I don't think he deserves a milestone before some of the core characters do. Tails for instance deserves one first. Also Metal Sonic and maybe Shadow.

youtube.com/watch?v=tbIO4uO7awg

No, kiddo. It's from an old Flash animation from Newground that came out years before Zootopia was even a concept.

Sonic Forces will reveal that Silver is Shadow and Amy's son from the future.

I know it's supposed to emulate actual red panda fur patterns but the guy's coloring just makes me think he's wearing a black bodysuit. Maybe the torso should be red with a black middle in a similar pattern to Sonic's.

If a blue anthropomorphic sapient hedgehog can have consensual sex with a sapient pink hedgehog and a sapient chipmunk, then they can have damn babies.

>Why does no one like Gamma?
Gamma is a top 5 character for me, BUT I can't vote for him before fucking Tails, who still hasn't been chosen.

great work man. hope you drawfag again for us soon

AT LAST

This. Now here's the more important question: SonicxAmyxSally 3way comic when?

>Liam O'Brien is Infinite
Fucking perfect

Of course the comments of this video are already filled with "Japanese is better xD" garbage

>IN A WORLD...

It is though. Roger is shit.

yeah the boom meme crew just doesn't fit the tone at all

Who wants to see these forgotten furries come back in future titles, if not Sonic Forces?

"Sonic...how I hate him. And all of that loathing has been focused into this invincible instrument of destruction!"

>forgotten furries
bruh half of these guys were literally JUST in the newest Sonic game

Just gonna leave this here.

Wow sounds like shit

I don't understand this.
There's nothing wrong with the tone of any of the actors and actresses in the trailer.

I like Knuckles serious voice. Silver sounds cute. Infinite sounds like a villain.

Blazefag here, I got you user!

youtube.com/watch?v=WsWgrf3XLKQ

I WILL TEACH YOU FEAR... THEN PAIN....

e621.net/pool/show/5475

I'd suggest using a system like FATE or PDQ where you you descriptive language to determine your characters abilities. This is perfect for a Sonic themed game as "Gotta Go Fast" is perfectly acceptable and it's easy to build existing characters because they fall into these character descriptions easily moreso than any class-based RPG.

Well there are some minor issues - Silver's voice is weak as fuck for example. But most of the hate is present because the JP dub is slightly better and it's had ample time to grow on us.

HYPE!

The Ultimate Sass.

I never heard the Japanese dub before the trailer dropped but I have to say that the difference is insane. This sounds really bad in comparison.

I'm really not a fan of Sonic Forces vocal songs.

lel

>Us.
Speak for yourself, pal.

id like fang, bean and bark as bosses in future classic games and playable mighty.
playable honey would be too much to ask but i could dream...

The only issue is the mixing of the English trailer is worse
If you don't think Liam O'Brien doing Infinite is better than generic evil Japanese man then I don't know what to tell you

infinite is okay. silver is okay.

eggman and sonic just don't sound like they're taking it seriously at all. sounds like they're just doing another boom episode instead of the darker story it's supposed to be.

Wasn't Infinite voiced by a big Japanese name?

the voices sound great. The weebs have come out

>I'd suggest using a system like FATE or PDQ where you you descriptive language to determine your characters abilities. This is perfect for a Sonic themed game as "Gotta Go Fast" is perfectly acceptable and it's easy to build existing characters because they fall into these character descriptions easily moreso than any class-based RPG.

hm, interesting, guess i'll check those then, think it would work for a satam/archie's inspired rp aswell ?

Why should it? I voted for Trump because he was the chaos candidate. And he has indeed brought chaos.

Praise Kek!

So, who else /playingwithJPdub/ here

The entire cast sounds much weaker than the JP dub, that's the problem. Infinite is the only one I'd say sounds good. Everyone else sounds bored. Compared to the JP dub the delivery is flat.

That's what you think, Eggman and Sonic sound like they are taking this "seriously".

A full commando of Amy.

>infinite is okay
>okay
Gross. How could someone have such a gross opinion?
>eggman
I agree that Eggman sounds a little too ham-y for the game, but it's not terrible enough to be an issue.
>sonic
I honestly don't see a difference between the two performances.
All the lines in both trailers have Sonic being very cheery and sincere.

I'm not sure, but the performance in the trailer seemed very generic.

>Compared to the JP dub the delivery is flat.
The only line that seemed flat comparatively was Silver.
Knuckle's line was actually delivered better than the JP trailer.

>"Nothing beats a jelly-filled donut."
youtube.com/watch?v=WjUtoQaRfE0

>"Sonic...how I hate him...and all of that loathing has been focused into this invincible instrument of destruction!"
did pontaff really have to make that so much wordier than it needed to be? i love the english voices of course but the japanese subs' "Prepare yourself...I put all my years of hatred for you into this" sounds far more menacing and less awkward.

Yeah, of course. The big focus on these types of games is less number crunching and more on storytelling.