/acg/ - Armored Core General

Now we wait patiently for news edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vHNowFkW_RU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post TGS despair when?

because I told you guys about having hype.

Bump.

Reminder to turn in your UNACs before the end of the month so we can show this fag up.
Also, you don't have to trade the UNAC to the guy running it, you can write down all the details in a pastebin and have him rebuild it.

Bump.

Wow, it's quiet in here. Let's try to get the ball rollin'. What's your favorite Armored Core opening?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vHNowFkW_RU

This one.

AC3

Nexus intro could be one of the best OP just by the track it uses, shinning is way too good.

>buy for answer
>realize I fucking suck
>spend one month without playing
>boot it up just for funs
>wreck the training NEXT, White Glint and the Collared one I was stuck a

What the fuck just happebed? I'm still bad, but I don't get it. I spontaniously gained the ability to fly in circles around another NEXT while pressing R1 and L1 with all my might.

Still can't second stage though, fuck

it happens to me on some games too, I get stuck on something, quick for a while (or even just the next day) and suddlenly, I bet it withouth much trouble.

bump.

i spent way too much time drawing this on my phone, it's so fucking difficult
go ahead and open up the memo app on your android, see what i'm fucking working with here

I think it looks pretty good.

Pretty good though!

I wanna cosplay

thanks

did you have a specific set of parts in mind? Looks like EYE2, ROOK, and S3 legs but unknown arms, with PEGASUS boosters

Was it ever confirmed that ACV takes place in the same universe as AC4? Or was the "Dark Glint," for lack of a better term, just a cameo/nod?

The "Dark Raven" legacy that the reapers are after is supposedly is based on Strayed (not just the ACV protagonist) and a few of ACVD's maps show the destroyed cradles. That's plenty of confirmation.

Also both obviously take place on "earth" as we know in modern day (both have a modern world map) whereas all the other AC games don't.

Doesn't the Spirit of Motherwill make a small appearance in one of the stages as well?

>cameo
No, it's connected. If there was a really good AC that happened to be white and named White Glint, that would be a cameo

That and it's also in the background during the fight with J.

Aside from "Dark Glint", 2 maps have big stuff from 4A, like a cradle and a the remains of the original motherwill, there is also a short story from the ACVD nip site that confirms this (look on the pastebin for the official translation),

I swear that with this scavanger society thing going on V and VD, there was some wasted potential, I would have love a mission where you have infiltrate a old facility and steal some info from a recently discovered machine from the past, that its actually a storage site for normals and some small sized AFs, or to reach a half buried NEXT (if its some specific NEXT or a random one doesnt matter) steal the schematics, destroy it and get the fuck out.

>small apperance

it's a boss you can fight and used as a stage for multiple missions, and currently under repair.

Bump.

Every year, we stray closer to merging with /dsg/.

why? just because both games are made by FROM?

Yes. That, or we merge with the other /acg/.

>that filename

Oh stop, but speaking of the other /acg/, what if we had a really grindy Armored Core? Like Monster Hunter tiers of grind and game design.

Raven Hunter.

Awful

Armored core is built around customization, grinding and leveling up are inhibitors to customization.

both games are made by From and both are "dead" franchises now

people suggest a "From Software General" and those people suggesting it are people who only played dark souls

Sounds awful. I don't think FROM has it in them to make an overly complex gathering and forging system. I wouldn't mind an AC game styled closer to Lost Planet though. Place an emphasis on PVE against Arms Forts or Biomechanical Alien mechs.

Terrible idea, AC is more skill based than just getting the higher stats.

You customize you mecha to favor your own playstyle and then you have to perfect said playstyle to advance on the game, is not about getting the hight number on everthing.

I wasn't implying it was a good idea, just an idea. Incorporate the ability to spend real world money to use to skip grind.

If our voices won't reach From, at least our wallets will.

> Raven Hunter
Wasn't that just Last Raven more or less?

the only way I can see that working is with something like peace walker / MGSV where the grinding and upgrades refer only to abilities of weapons you have, but there's still a lot of skill in using them.

>From Soft sees the success of Fire Emblem Heroes and decides to turn AC into gacha.
Post yfw this becomes reality.

last raven had the least grinding of any game though, almost everything is unlocked at the start

I was referring to The Raven fighting other Ravens on the two opposing sides in the game, but I realized that was a pretty lazy/terrible correlation.

It could be worse, FROM could turn Armored Core in pachinko machines.

/acg/ is cool and a merge with them would probably be friendly, but I prefer keeping them as neighbors. They're a heck of a lot more active than we are and we'd end up drowned out.
Not that merging with anyone should be on the table.
>Kantai Core gacha game

castlevania had a good run, but is over now

>Armored Collection
>ArmoColle
Moe~ Operator-kun, it's already midnight! Don't you have better things to do than to be with us all day?

>implying Armored Stratos won't happen before these

the fuck is armored stratos?

armored core x infinite stratos

Mono-Eyes best eyes

When is the new shit coming out so I can pretend its 1997 and make my AC look like Gundam Wing?

We're irrational fucks whose ability to perform any action can be greatly influenced by incredibly subtle minutiae.
Maybe you're a little emotional at the time, maybe you've got a hangnail, or maybe you just haven't taken a shit all day. Any sort of small distraction could eat up that little spark of understanding and application.

forgot my pic

>unicorn

ugh

From actually made a Gundam Unicorn game. you should check it out.[/spoiler[

For Answer is very much about feel and reaction time more than anything else, so it "clicks" easier when you approach it fresh. It suffers from the same problem dark souls does where if you are having trouble, walking away is the best way to beat it rather than keep banging your head against it.

>or maybe you just haven't taken a shit all day
I'm using this excuse next time I lose at VD

>ugh

They introduced a really good aesthetic for Zeonic mobile suits, so I don't entirely hate Unicorn.
Otherwise I think they should've committed entirely to the Clone plot or the Mystery plot. Instead we get teased by the two while the plot mostly focuses on that rich kid who is not-Graham Aker getting cucked by a 12 year old girl.
Canonically there are a bunch of Newtype labs all over the UC setting doing horrible experiments. It would have been incredibly easy to have a Zeonic plot to produce a few thousand Char clones and then try to recreate the events that made up of his life on the off-chance of making the perfect pilot for their new super machine to lead Neo Neo Neo Neo Neo ^ Neo Zeon. Have FF be his own dude until some stranded in space incident when he goes insane and becomes a Char. Would've been more interesting than some crying tweens not wanting to blow up giant construction robots.

Laplace's Box was just weird, it seemed like there'd be some sort of mystery clue hunt where you'd go place to place and learn something new in preparation to find the thing- but instead they visit one place and drop it so Banana can go wander around until the plot comes back to happen. The actual treasure makes less sense because there would be no way such a treaty could be signed without international coverage and months of planning.

ugh.

Sometimes its fucking true though. If you're playing like shit go take a quick walk outside and take a shit, go pet a cat or something. Lot of dudes just sitting at their keyboard crying they're shit like their lives are over instead of fixing themselves

I usually always feel good after watching a episode of a slice of life anime or a wilderness survival show on History channel. Also, I feel amazing after watching a episode of whatever Anthony Bourdain is in.

I used to like Survivor man with Les Strauss. For some reason I feel like he did or said something I disagreed with and stopped watching him. Kind of helps I don't have cable anymore.

Night /acg/.

post best characters