/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Fingerprince Edition

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
You can find a list of streamers and recorders for a general time frame here:
pastebin.com/kg2VnSYd

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of individual cases cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
DGS2 trailer youtube.com/watch?v=U6oclCrPyNo
DGS1 translated playthrough is back on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=0m-AdWHDEAA&list=PL1vvPkGTr_iR67W3Cpmw5APvfCoQYmVoX
/aog/ will be playing /ksg/ and /drg/ on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

Behold, the ultimate creation in memegrass technology

>It seems to be a common complaint among Prosecution mains but they fail to realize them winning is the default state of the case
That's not even remotely true if you look at it a millimeter deeper than surface level. Every single part of the case the prosecution is supposed to present, from evidence to witnesses, is fundamentally flawed, and even engineered that way, because all cases are built on the premise that the defendant isn't actually guilty, and thus evidence is made to not be too damning, and all witnesses are expected to have a contradiction. No real work is expected from the prosecution, and the notion that they actually have an advantage in court is ridiculous when their entire case is a facade built for the defense to tear down

Of course it's surface level, if the Defense can't break through it they lose. This isn't rocket science.

And that's the problem. The prosecution is supposed to sit back and either do nothing to win or struggle futilely for something that's built to fall apart around them on purpose. There's nothing inbetween and that doesn't make for a fun role

Oh please, you can have a ton of fun with the role by offering up a good fight with well reasoned arguments while understanding your role is the foil. Half the fun is in getting taken down and fighting on like the villianesque role should, knowing your downfall is part of the climax of the case.

But you have to constantly keep your "good fight" in check, because if you go too hard on a defense that isn't as well equipped as you, you end the case early and ruin everyone's fun with the guilty verdict. Is it too much to ask to give a role the same ability as all others to be allowed to put their best effort forward every time without constant criticism?

Every role gets shit on for fucking up, prosecutors don't deserve a special bubble. And I say this as someone who has been playing pros since nearly the start, they can suck it up.

I'm talking the exact opposite. Prosecution gets shit for doing too well

You didn't address his point that cases are built to fall apart around the prosecution, which makes them look like retards when they try to argue for their case.

In Ace Attorney literally every case has multiple pieces of damning evidence with little room for doubt. It's the witnesses and their testimony, plus the evidence that Phoenix himself finds that changes the case. To this day AO hasn't imitated a proper AA-style case.

This just in, moderators on this server will randomly private message other users the IP addresses of users on this server
be careful if you don't want your IP address spread around like this

This just in, the thread spreads misinformation to trick idiots on this server. Be careful if you don't want to be pranked like this.

It's definitely hard to emulate the games with the way AO is

How have cases been going?

Verin ruins everything, don't come back as long as he is here.

Cringey newfags like avatarfagging Athena steno, Verin shitting up cases and causing trauma, no fun allowed autists from Mumkey and summer turning cases into formulaic no fun allowed shitfests, discord cancer actively ruining the community of a game they don't play, rippers causing drama and making their own server.

It's business as usual.

Athena steno is alright, don't see why everyone despises him so much. Yeah avatarfagging is gay but I'm willing to put up with it.

Wait what was that last one, i consider myself in tune with any and all AOV drama and i agree with the rest of what you said but what?

>Steno
Avatarfags and lags the doc to hell and back

>Judge
Doesn't pay attention and lets power debates go on

>Bench
Useless and doesn't say anything

I can't wait for them to be a witness and wall or a detective and make the case impossible.

>>Steno
>Avatarfags and lags the doc to hell and back
Never had a problem because my computer isn't a toaster desu. Never knew he did any other roles, but from what I can tell from what you are telling me he just isn't good at his job rather than actively crashing cases like Verin.

There's more to being a shitty player than intentionally crashing cases. Being so autistic that you refuse to change your style that actively makes casing hard for people all because MUH ATHENA SCHOOLGIRL WAIFU is just as shitty, fuck anyone that does it.

This is one of the reasons I prefer not playing with certain people, which I shouldn't, but I do. Because those people for whatever reason cannot actually play the game by getting into different characters or daring to even try playing differently case to case.

When the only fucking thing someone can do is be one character or follow one shitty archetype, it gets fucking old, boring, and repetitive fast playing with them. That goes for any roleplay game. Nobody wants to play DnD with the DM who does the exact same kind of story, traps, enemies, etc., every time. It's predictable and bland. Same goes for people playing the same kind of DnD character every time, it's fucking boring. If you can't actually roleplay, learn how to do it or don't play a game that revolves largely around it.

Reminder that the reason people put up with ILA is because they continue to submit to the oppression of the steno menace. FREE YOURSELVES, /aog/! YOU DO NOT NEED A STENO TO HAVE A GOOD CASE! SEE PAST THEIR LIES TO A BEAUTIFUL FUTURE OF FAST CASES NOT SPENT WAITING FOR SOMEONE YOU DO NOT NEED! BE FREEE!
FREEEEEE!

jc denton in aov when

Never

Defense Alfendi from a case he witnessed in here. He was trying to lead up to me demanding that we call in a wit3 Snow. Which is bullshit because he wasn't on the fucking doc.
A shame, one of my case goals is going up against an in-character final boss Snow/Hemlock.

I was expecting you to post the other thing and now I'm disappointed

What a shame.

Played like a GOD DAMN FIDDLE

You know what I hate about DD? It's one of the only games in the series that actually erases the progress you make in court, meaning you will go for a lead thinking it's the right one, but then investigation time comes and whoops, looks like that was completely wrong and you have to start at square one again!

user, when you want to provoke discussion you probably dont want to say something everyone will agree on.

You know what I hate about DD? Athena is the worst protagonist they could have introduced. Her design is ugly and her personality is straight up generic and too anime-like compared to more realistic characters like Phoenix and Apollo. Her backstory is needlessly cliche and edgy, and only playing as her fully in one case screams wasted potential. What's even the point of her?

And no, she's not a mary sue, she's just a terrible character for other reasons.

>What's even the point of her?
Genki waifu mascot protag. Guess Trucy wasn't good enough to fulfill that role.

Trucy isn't good enough because we already got Maya.

Yeah but she had to move on with her own life as a spirit channeler, she can't be babysat by Wright forever. Trucy is still a teenager.

She had the best theme though, even if the next game butchered it.

Her theme was better in SoJ

It's a nice evolution, but the rock guitars also kill off the vibe the first one was going for

At least she keeps her unique instrument, the chimes.

Apollo's signature instrument, the bells, got phased out more and more until he was left with a generic rock song and whatever the hell he had in SoJ.

It's a symbolism of how Capcom gradually started to not give a shit about giving Apollo a coherent backstory.

>AJ
>"I looked up to Phoenix Wright and wanted to be a lawyer because being a cool lawyer like Phoenix Wright is the fucking best."
>DD
>"BTW I have a best friend named Clay Terran and I'd shout I'M FINE with him."
>SoJ
>"BTW I was born in Khur'ain and my dad is a revolutionary hero also my brother is the main prosecutor. No I never talked about it shut the fuck up."

Even if it's a drama-infested shithole, have there still been any good cases recently?

what the FUCK was machi's problem in that case?

No, far too much circlejerking ruining it.

Honestly? No.

redpill me on how you can accidentally call a mod

Clicking on something else, usually the button next to it.

Yes

what case

Turnabout Sizzling was a fun ride, although it was a few days ago

Who wants to case RIGHT NOW

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE AOV
I'M PICKLE MOE

Lemme get the updates quick and I'll meet you in your area of choice, dude.

nevermind, looks like people want to play gimmick format

Shit

It's close to reload theme.

>Hey, Gina you lazy manslut, can you switch my theme for me?

>Not reloading your theme by getting kicked and rejoining

Memeball soon™

The match against /ksg/ starts in about 20 minutes. Go to the link in pic related to watch it being livestreamed

If we lose do we delete /aog/?

Maybe

Fine by me.

We live now!

DO YOU THINK IM IMCOMPETENT?
NO

We are losers.

why do we continue to suffer like this?

>losing against cripples in a physical competition
Delete this general NOW

A-At least we haven't lost to the dangits yet

((((case?))))

>when you get banned for case-posting

The end of an era

We've talked about elements of a case that are cancer, but what elements almost guarantee its success?

when i'm in it

But ur shit

when I'm not in it

But ur gud

when i'm in a constant state of existing in it and not existing in it at the same time

Wew

Go to bed, Shrödinger

fug u :DDDDDDD

Have we even had any cases where mecha were a prominent role in them? The only one I can think of that's close is the TTGL case

What would be a good mecha case premise

Gay robots

>Go to area 1
>Gato, Trick and Gato are arguing about ponies
>I call a mod to get them to stop
>Turtowar shows up and bans me instead

Lupa when will you sort this shit out!