Historical events or people that you want a film or video game based on

Historical events or people that you want a film or video game based on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uBzUfjkdPq4
da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gøngehøvdingen_(tv-serie)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine a vidya or this shit, playing as the British and Voortrekker colonisers.
>inb4 they're all black à la battlefield 1

Islamic expansion
Rise of Mongols
Vikings VS Samurais

>Vikings VS Samurais

>Vikings VS Samurais

Game already exists. It's called "For Honor"

Game of Thrones: Diadochi

Don't forget one of the best parts
>The twisted Hungarian cannon founder BETRAYS the heroic Turks by suicide bombing with his huge cannon

I always wanted to see a Skyrim-style role playing game set in Britannia during the Barbarian conspiracy. You are a Roman conscript guarding the wall and you decide if you want to remain with the remnants of the army, join up with a tribe, or stoke out on your own. You can do quests and shit while making alliances, the arrival of Theodosius being the end-game, you have to decide to either fight the romans or join back up with them. Your actions in the game could see you ending as a Roman Dux or setting up your own private kingdom in former empire lands.

The Norman Conquest. Maybe an HBO-series about it (although it'd be tough to cram in nudity).
>May the Lord now decide between William and me, and may he pronounce which of us has the right
I can already taste the tears

Russia Revolution, you play as Lenin, Stalin and other guys, repress each other. The main goal is to reach communism.

Che Guevara's nine-month journey through South America. I think a game simulating the sort of stuff he'd've seen would be interesting just to see what sort of feelings it draws from the player, and if they relate to how Che felt

If they made ww1 black, they'll make great trek "today i will remind them"

This, only you play as Wrangel and have the historical chance, nay, historical duty to eradicate communism before it spreads into every corner of the Russian Empire.

Iran-Iraq war

Korean war

Rhodesian bush war

>Rhodesian bush war
This all day erry day. Then again, I've been toying with the idea of an XCOM-style turn-based squad tactics game about mercenaries during African decolonisation from the 50s to the 80s.

The Winter war

>Far Cry 2 is eight years old
Whither my youth?
youtube.com/watch?v=uBzUfjkdPq4
;____;

A good film on the st Bartholomews day massacre would be pretty cool

A good series on Charlemagne

Harald Sigurdsson when?
Call it the Last Viking and have it start with watching his half brother Olaf killed at Stiklestad and becoming a Varangian in Turkey and the Rus before returning home, repelling Slavs from Jutland, taking the Kingship and fucking around in England.

Imagine a video game based off of remove kebab

Aurelian and/or Baibars

Also an hbo series about the life of Andrew Jackson

Far Cry 2 is a bit shit though

There's already a film about that. It's called Motorcycle Diaries

6 day war would be a bit boring, yom kippur war would make a more interesting game

If you're looking for films, the gooks have made quite a few good ones.

Play the Genghis Khan campaign of Age of Empires 2, it has a pretty cool depiction of Mongols. Age of Empires 3 has an ancestral unit, the Finnish Hackapell.
>(although it'd be tough to cram in nudity)
They will find a way.
>Korean war
Why isn't there a battlefield game about this? BF:Vietnam was pretty cool.
Would play

>an XCOM-style turn-based squad tactics game about mercenaries during African decolonisation from the 50s to the 80s.
You might check out 7.62 High Calibre

i very much recommend... shit, 'brotherhood of war' or something like that? cba to google, taegukgi or something like that in gook speak
a very solid korean war flick, hints of SPR in that it's a bit fantastical (story of two brothers) but also in that the portrayal is very authentic/realistic
also fairly big production values
7/10 at least, recommended

Movie or mini sires about the Münster rebellion would be sick

>Islamic expansion
oh boy, that wont go down so well.

I dont know. The six day war would be kinda boring. It just would be raming the enemy with blitzkrieg. War of israeli independence or yom kipur. The battlefield was way more diversed and allot more cool war stories, which will make some interesting single player campaigns

Not in this day and age, my question is more, how the hell would it be done unless it was a grand strat or a super fast paced rts.

Scanian wars tbqh

The great navigations and the colonization of the americas

EUIV for Ottomans and colonisation of americas, starts 1444

da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gøngehøvdingen_(tv-serie) acquire this, I watched the everloving fuck out of it as a child