/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 22nd of September:
904 – The warlord Zhu Quanzhong kills Emperor Zhaozong, the penultimate emperor of the Tang dynasty, after seizing control of the imperial government.
1792 – Primidi Vendémiaire of year one of the French Republican Calendar as the French First Republic comes into being.
1862 – Slavery in the United States: A preliminary version of the Emancipation Proclamation is released.
1939 – Joint victory parade of Wehrmacht and Red Army in Brest-Litovsk at the end of the Invasion of Poland.
1941 – The Holocaust in Ukraine: On Jewish New Year Day, the German SS murder 6,000 Jews in Vinnytsia, Ukraine. Those are the survivors of the previous killings that took place a few days earlier in which about 24,000 Jews were executed.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 18/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1044508
EU4 DD 19/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1044623

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-67-revisiting-the-middle-east.1044508/&utm_source=in-game&utm_medium=game-client&utm_content=devdiary&utm_campaign=jadr_ck_devdiary_all_20170918
youtube.com/watch?v=2DmGzGIR3hs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nicky

>liquor producing japanese artisans in Wallonia assimilating to flemish
and you eu4 NIGGERS have the nerve to tell me this isn't the whitest game on the market

>Joint victory parade of Wehrmacht and Red Army
what could've been...

There's an event to integrate Finland if they're your puppet, and you get a "Release Puppet" CB on Qing at some point to make them release Mongolia. Personally though I'd just annex Mongolia`

Liquor is stronger than anime confirmed

Is it even possible to annex them while they're a satellite of China or do I need to free them?

what the fuck

I think you just have to make Qing release them in one war, and then conquer them in a second war.

Is their a way to mod in higher casualties for rebels? The only time ive killed a substantial amount of my pops through rebellions was the Heavenly Kingdom. Which I ended up slaughtering 15 million pops through rebellions

Id like to try and 'genocide' through forcinf rebellions to avoid the humiliate cb other countries get on me

Decided to fuck myself in a more entertaining way
They start with White Anglo as primary and Black Anglo as accepted, they only lose Black Anglo if they give equal rights to the natives and, if they become Zimbabwe, they get Shona as primary and Nguni as accepted (Black Anglo becomes unaccepted) IIRC.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-67-revisiting-the-middle-east.1044508/&utm_source=in-game&utm_medium=game-client&utm_content=devdiary&utm_campaign=jadr_ck_devdiary_all_20170918
So he did Hungary before to match with eu4, but any word on if the HRE and Spain will be redone to be more accurate as HIP has stopped working for me recently

Enver pasha was the leader of IvT and they performed a coup during the 1910s jeez user learn some turkish history we are white as fuark

>all these allies
lel

absolute madman

ah yes

Dem pops, man. So many areas of Europa Universalis could be fixed if pops were introduced. Internal politics, governance, trade and consumption, institutions, laws, diplomacy, progression through ages, warfare, colonization, culture spread, religious conversion and more of them. I think about modding EU4 or EU3 and it always comes back to pops, how neatly it could be done with pops as the base concept of EU.

They called more

alright lads should I play as canada, germany, or commune of france

I want to build a massive faction

also what's the best difficulty to play on in DH?

Play as Canada and take back rebelious USA

*blocks your path*

The great game that was the Arabian peninsula had been coming to a head for some time. It was aparrent Dutch and British interests in the area were at odds with each other, ever since the British had pushed the annexation of Syria and Adana from the, then merely influenced, Egyptian state.

In the end the issue was not resolved with sabers, nor swords, nor kings, nor lords, but with the admittance of the Nejd and Zaydi states into the Dutch sphere of influence, no doubt spurred on through the numerous factories facilitated in the region, termed "Sand deposits" due to the obvious intention to buy favour within the sultanates by Dutch capital.

The three states, Hedjaz, under direct control, Nejd, and Zaydi, under economic control were from that fateful day in February thrust together, as one, to act as a bulwark against projected further British expansion in the area. It was hoped this would send a message, not just to the British, but to the world, that what the Dutch state could not control militarily could be subjugated through words and treaties, as was the civilised institution of the day.

Though the motive behind the move to form an Arabian union within the confines of the peninsula was not entirely to dissuade would be colonisers, no, it was indeed hoped that securing Arab unity in and only in the peninsula would prevent further Pan-Arabist movements under the directly controlled Egyptian colony. The Dutch administration had hoped that through this act they could divide and conquer the Arabs, as it were, ensuring the Egyptians they weren't like the other Arabs, and had no reason to rebel from benevolent Dutch rule.

The security and stability of the new union is of course immediately called into question. The sheik, a hardline Sunni theologian was now tasked with not abusing his domain with regards to the large number of Shia subjects now under his suzerain. A task we shall all witness with anticipation, as to the result of the experiment.

Don't change the difficulty. Pick Canada desu

Should I sell Alaska or keep it?

>get a fucking lebensraum event
>it's against one of the bantustans

Just bought this, what am I in for?

I played a lot of hoi3 and really enjoyed that. Also any tips on how to make the game better, do I need to increase the end date again or delete lines to allow the US to join Axis for banter?

I'm losing so much prestige right now.

>any tips on how to make the game better,
Freeze yourself for 2 or 3 years and wait for it to be finished

Hard mode, play as the ottoman empire. Like, normal difficulty and all that, the Ottoman Empire is just really hard.

>tfw being reverse colonised by qt japs
this really is a fantasy simulator

Which is better Darkest Hour or HoI 3?
i've only played hoi4 so far

Ottomans arent hard, its just they dont get anything else except for rebellions.
No reclaiming Balkans 4 u.

And my prestige is officially done.
In the mod that keeps Portugal as a permanent secondary power up to 2100 just through prestige.

HPM bug

Well done! Excellent post!

The siege of Botswana is finally over.
The Rhodesian forces now focus on breaking the northern stalemate.

Maybe this is getting a bit out of hand.

this is unironically a great post genny boy
more pls

t-thanks! I'll try to keep it up!

Daily reminder that they died for US.
youtube.com/watch?v=2DmGzGIR3hs

I mean, you can reclaim the Balkans, it's just not an event chain. As long as you don't go full democracy, nothing stops you from declaring war on whoever you want. (And if you do go full democracy you can use spies to raise a country's belligerence so you have an excuse to go to war with them.)

What about this decision? Don't I get to annex them with it?

CAPE TO CAIRO
A
P
E
T
O
C
A
I
R
O

How do I get two minimaps?

I'm pretty sure that decision just gives you a CB to tear Mongolia away from China. Possibly even make them your puppet. But you want to annex them so the decision doesn't really help.

*blocks your path*

>german
>colonies
Just take them away, what are they gonna do, sperg out and lose more of their territory? lmao

I dont understand why the brits never objected against german east africa

because it's comfy

t. Hans van Kammermeier

Shouldn't I've gotten an option to intervene on the oriental crisis? Or is it just if I was allied or got one of them sphered?

What map mod?

Gotta go now, lads. Here it is in 1887. Will shitpost with you later.

i am doing europe a favour
you're welcome

What the fuck are you even meant to do playing a country like Brazil or Mughals with minimal/no coal and steel RGOs, if you don't want to blob? Accept the fact your industry is fucked?

Sphere shit you dumb motherfucker

Play agrarian, it's really fun.

Annex Madagascar and give the excuse that it's just land for your deported ex-slaves.

>t. dumbass

Fuck off you retarded frogposter, I'm just asking a question.It seems really useful to have two.

Are you fucking stupid? He clearly edited two photos together to show all of Africa.

the absolute state

Oh, okay.
How is that clear tho?They are perfectly aligned

No mod would have all the alerts shit on there twice.

r8 plan

why not just restore albania's historical borders?

That's a great plan for a synthetic fuel factory!

post a map and I will
fuck albanians desu, I'm just tired of genociding them every game

I'm playing Austria in EU4, I just completed religious ideas and got deus vult (it's stupid that it's the last idea now but whatever) and I got CBs on any muslim or orthodox countries I border, but not on protestant or reformed countries. What gives? The leagues haven't even formed yet and I didn't pass the reform that bans internal HRE wars yet.

Is Greatest Britain still allowed?

PU with France and Aragon, so this game's going to be continental. The goal is a Western European super-Britain stretching from Gibraltar to Calais, and a British client state in Germany and Swamp Germany. The goatfuckers can keep their mountains.

I also want coastal control of the med.

>post a map and I will
Here

No such thing as "factions".

Canada is a good relatively "harder" start. Otherwise, Union of Britain is a great starting country.

hmm
ah yes, an ebin post good sir

>post a map and I will
You really don't know the borders of Albania's precursors, the Roman Empire?

Well yeah

>Rhodesian Front
>Fascist

What were you expecting from this retardedness?

At least our boy Ian is making it far.

Return it while you still can!

>spanning France, Iberia, North Africa
>client states in germany
>I also want coastal control of the med
So, a Roman Empire game then?

Genocide or amnesty?

A revenge 1,000 years in the making.

heh, nothin personnel
now this is a good meme
kill em all lad
reddit

>fight a brutal war of destruction
>employ scorched earth tactics
>send thousands of men to die in order to subdue these barbarians
>"wtf i recognize their struggle now #circassianlivesmatter"
yeah nah. there's only one choice that makes sense tovarich

Albos are illyrian, so you should take their ancient lands, which ironic correspond to roughly Yugoslavia

agree

any of you play ck2 on linux?
im on debian and the performance is at least twice as bad as windows
eu4 seems to run similar though
how can i improve performance?

>haven't played Vicky for almost a month because I'm afraid to start a campaign and have to end it because HPM released a new version
thanks gex

>#circassianlivesmatter

post things you've never seen before
>blobbing

How would I post something that I've never seen before?

>>blobbing
It's exactly what you are doing, the difference is that you will mindless blob instead

>post things you've never seen before

Now this is a meme country.

bravo HPM
hello r*ddit

Amnesty still pushes em out...and then they "assimilate"

how did you form this this early and with white anglo as primary?

hpm is a retard, more news at 11

wait you can annex crete? what's so special about it?

>Activate: Health
What does this do? Increase population growth?

UK can just form it by event in 1951.

I need to do something against the Ottomans because they're getting too powerful. Should I free the bulgarians, assyrians or kurds or take some land?