Indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General Anonymous

Last thread
>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hsWupQCqyYo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for being an UnderRail noob.

Can anyone tell me where the SGS docks are?

I watched a playthrough of that game and the brutal ways Kio dies made me sad.

Level 9, in the cave.

I know but for some reason I can't find it. Is it near the dude fishing?

t. brainlet

That first didn't really work out, but hey, welcome!

>going against psi bugs with a silenced 5mm and standard ammo
Sell it, buy yourself a 7.62 hawker (or use the one you found in the outposts), buy a decent amount (50-60) of 7.62and all the 7.62 W2C.

Ue throwing nets, grenades, mines and bear traps to make killing them significantly easier. Once you get inside the building, doors are your best friend.

Haha, no. Go back inside the station. There's a door leading south where the guy who let you out was.

Instead of going through the set of those 2 gates, turn south.

omfg thank you m8s

brb just kms

Thanks for tips. I'm going to molotov the hell out of them in the building and see if I can do it without buying a better gun.

It is wrong to abuse copyright enforcement mechanisms as a way to enforce ideological purity.

>see if I can do it without buying a better gun.
Possible if you make a good use of traps and grenades.

You have an electro knife, that's pretty good since electricity damage bypasses their high mechanical DR/DT. Are you putting points in both guns and melee?

Just walk away

Another successful disinformation operation.

Fuck off pewdiepie.

He is planning to molotov the hell out of them, that should be enough. He'll be inside a building, if he aims it right he can create a safe gap he can use to pew pew at them after they've run out of the fire.

How is Hard West?

Feels like a prototype for their cold war xcom game

I enjoyed it, but it's lacking in depth. I got it in a humble bundle so no complaints, get it on sale.

>Are you putting points in both guns and melee
Yep.
It worked. I'm headed back to Brent. Almost killed myself by molotoving the explosive barrel, though.

>Yep
Builds with 2 weapon skills are a bit harder to build since you limit your skill points and have to spread your feats on 2 weapon types. Viable, but more challenging. That said a stealthy knife/SMG or knife/pistol build is lots of fun.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

>(for context, this was 19 months after release)

I'm mostly just putting points into guns but I like the option of falling back on decent melee abilities.

Theres nothing wrong with having no quicksaves if thats how the devs intended it, like how XCOM EW wasnt supposed to have multiple difficulties or quicksave. Hard West is just so buggy saves are necessary.

Should I keep Kohlmeirs lucky knife?

youtube.com/watch?v=hsWupQCqyYo

Really hate those huge flashy numbers, but game looks like it could be fun.

It's not that good, -2% chance to get critically hit isn't much and you'll be able to craft much more damaging knives later on.

It's not a bad knife, but you can get better. If you like it keep it with you for a while, then return it to him once you no longer need it.

I played the demo of that, I didn't like how the AI just seem to bum rush you instead of going for cover, really limits the viable tactics to just setting up a killzone. Hopefully they've improved it since then.

Another mangy railrat. Trash-digging, foul-smelling, ugly, dysgenic MONGREL!

Yeah, RIP.

Fuck I love playing psi monk

>I love playing
Where do you think you are?

err... what I meant to say was fuck videogames

r-right?

That's better.
Don't forget what happened to Jeanne d'Arc.

That's right. And stop glowing, it's annoying.

Actually I take that back.

Sentries are extra fucking gay against psi monk

How so? Your favored psychokinesis has all the electric spells.

Idk they just wreck me. I'm currently trying to steal Elwoods disk and they fucked me good.

Not to advocate cheesing tactics or anything, but there are a few things worth knowing about those bots. They can stun. They can incapacitate. They can even disarm mines. But technology stops at opening doors.

Electrokinesis, Punch, and some EMP grenades maybe can make short work of them. But if not, whoops, door.

Yeap, managed to get through with those. Time for Depot A

Have fun!

>dealing with turrets in depot a
>discover the advanced technology of standing behind a corner and peeking out to take shots before returning
take that, machine uprising

What in the fuck

Why did they make this shit so difficult ffs

Think of it as a coming of age ritual.

Underrail is really fucking hard starting out, eventually you'll learn and the early game will be so easy that you'll be bored at the start of every new playthrough.

It would be funny if one day we got a special turret that can shoot energy beams through walls.

I'd instead opt for a turret that poops out kamikaze drones, more sensible and not as hard to program.

Underrail gods please share your wisdom

How do I get past the first guys at Depot A as a psi/monk? Is level 6 too low?

A kamikaze drone pooping turret would have better shock value in a real time game I think. But still it sounds charming.

A little low, yeah. 7-8 is the usual level for Depot A, but that doesn't mean you can't do it with less. Which side have you entered the depot from? The gate or the wormhole?

What psi abilities do you have? The one that makes a wall is extremely useful for boxing yourself in where enemies can't get you so you can heal and regenerate psi. Electrokinesis and pyrokinesis are good for crowd control against the dogs you often find there. Telekinetic punch does shitloads of damage and stuns, good against single tough targets like the mutants.

Thanks to the hardcore passive skill and careful min-maxing, I managed to have a run of Neurovoider where I could literally just hold down the right bumper and use Rampage forever.
It was incredibly fun and before dying at the boss fight on the fifteenth stage. Nothing but holding down a bumper a rapid-firing both weapons while running around like a mad-man.
I think I'll try it again.

The gate, maybe I'll come back after hunting some oddities

Forcefield, ice shard, fire ball, neural overload, but no telekinetic punch.

Telekinetic punch requires 0 skill and can be gotten from Bisson, he's the guy at the top floor of SGS helping clear the rubble. You probably saw him when going to GMS, he fires purple orbs at the rubble.

Cheese them and spam molotovs and traps despite your build
Savescum cause youll burn yourself alive

Try to get every psi skill you can before trying Depot A, it's not sensible to attempt the tutorial final exam without learning everything the tutorial teaches you.

Do the Black Eel quests too if you haven't already. I always found the Wormhole route easier, but even if you don't at least you'll get the experience. Also, this would be a good time to make a trip to Silent Isle.

>Consortium the Tower has the same cruddy combat and gunplay as the first game
d r o p p e d

will do, thanks brahs

I kinda liked the combat in Consortium. The problem were the bugs and the lack of directions.
>"hey Bishop, go pick that stuff on the closet"
>spend 2 minutes trying to get on the closet, there's nothing
>find it's actually INSIDE the closet

And the bugs, Jesus. They made me quit the game.

Also, make yourself familiar with your two best friends: adrenaline and morphine shots.

In underrail, there's no real way to apply poison via melee is there? Just throwing knives, bolts, and traps?

Yeah.

Yeah, that's how it is. A little weird now that I think of it. Probably something to do with the way all poisoned implements are single-use only? You wouldn't want that on your main melee weapon.

I guess it could be done in a similar way to energy weapons, one big pool that gets depleted with each hit.

That same part made me stop for a few days because I thought my save was bugged and I had to start over. Turns out the weapons locker is accessed at a little small part at the top instead of clicking on the actual weapons.

Maybe when Styg adds katanas and spears

You joke, but I'd love to have a katana. It's cheesy, but sometimes that's not a bad thing.

Pfft, katanas are weaksauce.
Styg needs to add E.Y.E. Damocles sword.

That's even better.
Although the love of my life will always be the Dragon's Tooth. It was not nice of them to turn this glorious jian into a nerfed katana in IW.

And helicopters, so I can backstab them.

I know he's adding machetes, but to round out the melee we should have axes as the big sharp melee and batons as the medium blunt melee (with punch gloves being the small). An axe being the sharp counterpart of the sledgehammer makes a lot more sense than a sword.

Could you guys make a recommendation for a new game for someone who loves The Binding of Isaac? Anything similar to it? So far the suggestions I've heard are Enter the Gungeon and Nuclear Throne.

>small/medium/large blunt/sharp
Nah, he would never do weapon types in so dull and categorical manner. Everything has to have a touch of serbian weirdness.

Like spears. I still have no idea how they will play like or what kind of feats they will get. Swords are probably going to be kinda like slower, harder hitting knives for str builds.

I hope spears are the tanky melee option with the potential to use a shield and lots of feats/abilities related to keeping your enemies at bay. Also the ability to attack an enemy from 2 tiles away instead of the standard 1.

what do you like about isaac?

what can you even use with a shield right now? just a knife/fist or pistol, right?

Well that depends on what you like about Binding of Isaac.
Do you specifically like the way the passive abilities you acquire change each run in a major way or did you just like the procedurally generated dungeon-crawling in general?
Do you specifically like the "twin-stick" shooting or do you just want a similar gameplay loop?
There are a metric ass-load of roguelites and there are a reasonable amount that are good but there is a lot of variety within that group.
Knowing what you specifically like about Binding of Isaac will help us make a better recommendation.

Yes, and they're pretty bad so they'd need a rebalance to make spears work well with them.

I appreciate the response. What I like about Isaac are the synergies you can make between items, and the feeling of unlocking new items with different characters. I like the gameplay loop of do a run, maybe get lucky, play well, win. I don't really care about the level variation, but do enjoy the different kinds of enemies and fighting bosses.

try out gungeon and necrodancer

The google translate tier translation of it cracks me up for some reason.

Risk of Rain, that sounds like it'll be right up your alley.

Best girl for best thread

I second Crypt of the Necrodancer and Risk of Rain.

Got any build advice? I've been meaning to play a psi character eventually, and my unarmed character was a failure.

Seems like psi monk is splitting attributes a little too thin between DEX and WIS when I try to plan a character.

Thanks, you guys are great.

How is the Kumo manga that people post here a lot? I'm looking for something to read. The stuff I've liked so far is Berserk, Blame, and Battle Angel Alita for comparison.

Pretty decent, I dropped it when it got into the usual Demon Lords and Heroes thing though. It wasn't offensively bad or anything, I just dislike the Dragon Quesr formula.

Is increasing chemistry solely to make napalm grenades worth it? They're even more powerful than molotovs but need 60 chem.

Can someone just post the Underrail guide

I have acquired a rotor board for the first time. I think the most annoying part of depot a was waiting for acid pools to despawn.

8 str
10 wisand intel
3 everything else

When does unarmed start get good? (in underrail)

so far I'm just using a knife

yume Nikki on CRT

Any tips on beating this doppelganger faggot on Silent Isle?

I don't think it's possible to beat doppelgangers without psionic attacks, I just run when not playing a psi build.