/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Season 6 changed a bunch of stuff that you might want to know about
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf0e8zzyCw

>MERCY REWORK
youtube.com/watch?v=vDlCqJ1tD3M

>What does Valkyrie's "abilities are enhanced" mean?
- full, directional flight
- resurrect cooldown resets on ult activation (like Genji's dash)
- resurrect cooldown is shortened to 10s for the duration of the ult (normally 30s)
- target allies for guardian angel and healing / damage boost from further away
- the healing / damage boost beam will chain to any allies who are near your beam target (10m range)
- pistol has unlimited ammo
- no delay between taking damage and self-healing starting

>JUNKERTOWN is now LIVE
youtube.com/watch?v=3XU1TockPjE
youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI
youtube.com/watch?v=_q0QGtk_AM0

>Talk shit, get banned
youtube.com/watch?v=rnfzzz8pIBE

>Deathmatch is live (it's in the arcade)
youtube.com/watch?v=4_CBzklel1c

>What did the devs say they're working on?
- SR calculation changes
- Map voting / rotation someday
- See-through objective markers
- Solo-only queues / search preferences? Nope.

>some heroes’ skins were reverting to their default skins in-game
>this was Blizzard’s temporary fix for a voiceline bug associated with the skins
>the bug has been patched, so this shouldn’t happen anymore

>Latest cinematic
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0
youtube.com/watch?v=3LNOHyt_ynE

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/junkertown-wasted-land

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20972920
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leaderboards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B2Wus-pku6M
youtube.com/watch?v=NLZQlCS-b40
lmgtfy.com/?q=Hanjo Overwatch SR 1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

t.racer etc.

But of course.

How the fuck do you get past spam comp. it's fucking stupid how much damage flies your way with Junkrat and Torb

It wasn't even 750 posts or 250 you fuck.

Hurray for non-degenerate threads

>Move when ready

We've had issues in the past.

With a Reinhardt, whom everyone seems to have forgotten about.

>patch mid game
>50 SR loss
FUCK YOU BLIZZARD
SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU

That and Phara if she knows how to stay out of range.

Alright gentlemen,
How do we fix Orisa
No delete

Schoen.

Make her projectiles faster.

They already did this. She feels pretty good now.

Junkrat buffs where a mistake. He already the master and keeping a choke locked down why the fuck did he need to be a consistent killer too?

Well, there you go. People tend to think of her as a tank. She isn't. She's some weird hybrid between tanky and DPS and she has to be played that way.

youtube.com/watch?v=B2Wus-pku6M

Because the maser upholds it

Projectile speed, yeah, but up until the recent Mercy rework, which dwarfs her ult amazingly against the rest of the cast, especially against the somehow even more annoying Mercy mechanics

On the positive side he is pretty easy to kill.

Orisa seems pretty great now that they sped her shots up. She was already pretty powerful, now she's not defenseless in close-range fight.

desu i dont think even a complete rework could save her

almost nothing in her entire kit is unique to her, and everything she can do another hero can do better. plus im not sure anyone would even notice if she were deleted

i guess she complements bastion really well, but the last thing we need is a bastion buff

I am convince God or whomever never wants me to be in GM because literally every time I make it there I go on a huge loss streak due to idiot teammates

She is definately a tank but she is dependant on positioning and her teammates not sucking ass. If she gets left alone because her team scatters to play CoD her abilities become useless and she is easy pickings.

>die
>team stays around the point instead of contesting
>"Defeat"
>mfw

he was almost non-existent among pros pre-buff, and now he's essential

this is what happens when you balance around the top 1% of players

I don't agree. She needs more care than the other tanks, but if you have good reflexes on her damage reduction and you git gud at refreshing her barriers, she can be way more of a rock for the team than anyone but Rein, and then only because Rein is more mobile than her when protecting the squad ball.

Well not exactly, I guess if you're a sniper but then most heroes are.
>try to engage at close range
>get dealt 200+ dmg instantaneously that is low effort for him to perform and nearly unmissable
>try to engage at medium range
>he takes cover and lobs grenades at you from behind something, making it obvious from their trajectory where you are and their team gangbangs you
>try to engage a long range
>wow he's weak to two heroes

This is true
Her DPS is trash at mid-long range due to her projectile pattern and bullet speed, while has been improved, she's really just a shield dispenser that now has a chance of not dying outright when confronted

Does Orisa and Mercy's damage boosts stack?

I fucking LOVE Delicious Brown!

UUUmmggppffff

They should make Orisa's bongo drum zap enemies that get close.

The wheel barely climbs wall now. It just limps around.

playing for the first time today cuz its free

what heroes are good? ive been doing alright with agent 76 and pharah but I have no idea whats good

So is it just me or do you wind up playing with more dickbags the higher your MMR is? I swear people weren't such cunts as often when the game released.

>Does Orisa and Mercy's damage boosts stack?
I think so... but I'm not 100% sure.

I fucking hate this shit so bad.
Almost every loss where I'm forced to tank is because no one will get on the goddam point with me and the entire match is just me dying on it while my team skirts around the edges not even getting picks.
I can understand ranged dps's wanting to stay in advantageous positions, but if aren't getting any picks, switch to something bulkier and help me on this fucking point.

She's good defense against pokes and sniper types. She can replace her shield as fast as it is killed and engage you at long range effectively without having to stop attacking due to holding up a shield.

I don't know how she performs at grandmaster level of play, but I switch to her when my team is getting shit on by snipers and pokers and whatnot and I just massacre people. With a Zenyatta orbing enemies for her I bet she's really dangerous.

Her RMB makes Genji players literally ragequit.

>it's a "flankers keep harassing you because no one wants to play Winston" episode

People were super cunty on release all the way to season ones end.
It attracted all the tf2 and CoD kiddies that thought the game was the next big comp fps.

>MMR
This is Overwatch user, it's SR.

Play whoever seems cool for you, or sounds fun to play. Don't force yourself to play Genji or Hanzo because they're Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor

All characters are viable, some are just slightly tilted as of current patch

My advice, just play Random Heroes in Arcade, you don't know how to play a character? Too bad, time to learn pussyboi

Apparently not, but Ana's does stack with Mercy and Orisa's

>play ana cause i deal with flankers fine as her
>press tab
>im gold elims and ive been killing the people trying to flank me by myself

MAKE IT STOP

just play a lot of heroes for now. In your mmr any hero can work

I meant in Quick Play specifically. Comp is bound to have that unfortunately, but I swear QP wasn't so fucking horrendous before.

>it's a "Winston is a tank not a dive silly boyz ^__~" post

>it's a "You automatically lose because your team doesn't have a Mercy" episode.
I'm fine with some characters being a little op, but you might as well just put Mercy in her own 'must have' category outside of healer.

Patricians play Hanzo

>what heroes are good?
It depends on what roles you're most suited to and what kind of playstyes you like.

I honestly would've recommended that you watch YouTube gameplays or Twitch streams before trying to get into the game, just so you could build up the hero and map knowledge and the general gamesense that you need for Overwatch, but if you've already got it and it's just for the free weekend, it's a bit late for doing research.

Try a bunch of different shit in quickplay, find what feels good.
Or tell us what kind of roles you usually do well in in other games, and we might be able to help.

free weekend

thats a downright lie unless its shit like diamond you dont need rez if your healers never let you die in t

you have a hidden MMR separate from your comp SR that the game uses to fuck with you

I've been playing for this long but free weekend shitters are already being matched with me? I coulda sworn the last free weekend wasn't so cancerous.

tanks feel like glass

i didnt know ancient roman upperclassmen had access to overwatch

Yeah it was the worst back then qp whatever didn't matter. Remember back then if you were level 40 people thought you were a no lifer. So all the stupid assholes were in qp leveling to 25 for comp. so much stupid shit talking.
I had one guy rage at me for playing Soldier because according to his logic Soldier wasn't meant to be played because he was the tutorial hero. Also that i should have experience with every hero in the game even though it just came out

>but she is dependant on positioning and her teammates not sucking ass.
Just like a DPS

last free weekend is that made season 5 such shit cause it retained so many new players

>"Ana does too much healing, how do we establish Mercy as main healer? Lets buff her numbers to be the best solo-target healer!"
>"Hmm, Mercy's a little too broken with that healing AND rezzing. What if we rework her rez to be a normal ability that she can always use and have her ult give her MORE rezzes?"
>"Wouldn't that just make her stronger?"
>"Fuck you Mercy's my waifu."

I mean it's not like these jackasses didn't exist at all, it's just that they seem more...prevalent all of a sudden.

is there any point of using genji's rmb?

Maybe there is more because of the free weekend? But the first couple of seasons was literally just say anything and you got flamed. Constant criticism and bickering. Stupid decision making and throwing every game.
This shit returns every free weekend and event.

If you see three low health enemies spaced evenly between each other in front of you, press RMB for maximum style points

Aside from that, it's literally useless

mercy's heals have been the same 60/hps since launch

>every game is me on a squishy pushing the payload because no one goes near it.

youtube.com/watch?v=NLZQlCS-b40

His RMB is supposed to be used on targets at close ranges and Genji is a close range fighter anyways, so yes there is a point to his RMB.

>You have been placed in a lower skill tier because your rating has been below the required minimum for the last three games.
I CAN'T FUCKING HELP THAT BLIZZARD IF YOU KEEP THROWING LEAVERS AND TROLLS AT ME.

>September 1, 2016
>Healing per second has been increased by 20%.

so who else playing quickplay all weekend to welcome our new friends?

To slay mercymains with the RMB+melee combo!

Try this: pokepoke(LMB)+dash+RMBplusMelee
Easy burst.

>28 x 3 = 84 (168 headshot)
> per .66 second
>127DPS (254 headshot)
>is there any point
?????

The only reason I'm playing quickplay is because the servers are way too unreliable these days for me to risk my SR by playing competitive.

reminder that the game does not ban throwers, leavers, trolls, etc, but instead it flags them and deliberately puts them in your teams if it decides you're winning too much

it also does this to punish you for loosing too much

Is there any hero that can reliably deal with Genji?

nice proof you got there

I prefer Arcade modes. Random Heroes and Deathmatch FFA are full of obvious first-timers

>kb&m Tracer smurf on console
I really fucking hope we can actually report this bullshit because it literally cheating

Given what Jeff's said about that before I think it is

He said that either everyone gets free access to KB+M or no one does, none of this pay-for-an-adapter to win/etc. bullshit

Junkrat, winston, symmetra if you can't aim
Any other hero if you can aim

>its a three sprays and a player icon episode

Well, I just played with, "Hanjo."
>lmgtfy.com/?q=Hanjo Overwatch SR 1

>lmgtfy uses an OS X browser window for its demonstration animation now
oh god why

user, you just need to buy more lootboxes! surely luck will smile in your favor if you just open more boxes!

Anyone update their game? They removed a bunch of maps from the deathmatch rotation

whats the deal with some matches ending after like 20 seconds

Just all of the Deathmatch versions of 2CP maps.

You can still select them in custom games if you're a mad person, They're just not in the matchmaking rotation anymore.

IS there anything funner than stealthfully rocketing along the outskirts of the map, wrapping around the enemy line.

ambushing them from the skies as they're all clumped up. God its so satisfying.

>play pharah
>accomplish literally anything
>enemy team suddenly grows 7 hitscans with laser precision who always know exactly where you are 100% of the time

>Get a Mei on my team.
>Spends the entire match walling off spawn so people can't get to point.
>Spams in all chat, "HOW ARE YOU GUYS BETTER THAN US."

>
I just reported someone and got them three games in a row.

Yes.
Doing it from head-on and beating the enemy team not because you surprised them, but because you just outplayed them.
When they saw you and had every chance to shoot you but couldn't because you didn't let them. Because you dodged their shit and killed them first. That feels even better.

>get absolutely destroyed
>lose the match almost immediately
>teammate types "gg" in match chat

>Ultimate charge is now immediately expended when a hero’s Ultimate ability is activated, instead of being depleted over a short period of time

No more genjis ulting and instantly dying only to have their ult fully refunded

>always thought pharah was the best girl
>summer games event comes along
>mercy gets new skin
>okay whatever
>not a footfag but notice feet
>something gets awoken inside me
>in love with mercy's feet

Help I don't want to be a degenerate but I can't stop fapping to mercy now

>blizzard added offline chat messages

thank fucking GOD

now they just need to add invis mode....

Describe his role, moveset, passive, and ultimate.

>its another 'join three lost matches in a row' episode

>qp

So play around them.

>um user, the enemy team just switched to a hitscan and you're on Pharah, ahem ahem
>um user, they kept that hitscan from last round, you might want to switch...
>um user, they have two hitscans now, are you sure about this?
>oh my god user, they have a WIDOWMAKER now!
>
>tfw the hitscans haven't killed you all game
>the teammates' panic never stops