Hour of Twilight Edition

For New Players :
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm!
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/#/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/progression/
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE

What's New? :
>Ana Amari, Veteran Sniper announced; Now on PTR!
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/ana/
youtu.be/V6cWYGTYFXQ

>Assault on Volskaya Foundry battleground announced
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/events/volskaya-foundry
us.battle.net/heroes/en/battlegrounds/volskaya/
youtu.be/8ywatBcHp2s
youtu.be/huC2L2Pw3c8

>Latest In-Development Video
>Ana Amari, Commandant Varian, D.va the Destroyer, skins, mounts, and more
youtu.be/u414OyWo6e4

>Call of Kel'thuzad Event
>Join the Scourge in undying servitude with a new hero, new skins, and a bone-chilling challenge
>Ends September 25th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/events/call-of-kelthuzad
youtu.be/-jInzG9Ukrk

Community Resources :
>Guides, Tips, Talent Calculators, Youtube Content, and more
us.battle.net/heroes/en/guides-resources/
>*Unofficial* Heroes of the Storm API
>Upload your replays and contribute data for more accurate statistics
hotsapi.net
stormspy.net
>Tier lists are effective guidance tools, but should never be blindly followed
heroescounters.com/tierlist
robogrub.com/tierlist
tentonhammer.com/articles/heroes-of-the-storm-tier-list

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21033996/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21045726/
>Current Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21045724/
>Current PTR Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21045721/

>Where can I find fellow players to group up with and discuss the game?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13989804
youtube.com/watch?v=SVYmPIJt2BI
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Qjz5yrEKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

D.va can destroy my dick any time if you catch my drift

in a game where hero selection affects your chainces of winning,
having to buy heroes is pay-to-win

As much as i hate neo-Blizzard, gotta admit that you can win by having only 5 heroes total, filling different roles. Some autists never even played 2\3 of the roster.

i played a korean MMO once and I beat some guys in pvp even though they had cash-shop-only stat-increasing items equipped (I was pretty bad at the game but some of them were worse)

just cause I won doesnt mean the game was balanced, though

Why do people think Garrosh is good? His late game is too bad for him to be good!

I still have enough shards for 1 Dreadlord Jaina skin! Kinda surprised Abyssal is winning so far. Which is your favorite?
strawpoll.me/13989804

objectively wrong considering ranked is locked behind having 14 heroes of level 5+

meaning you have to have a player level of at least 14*5 = 70 to play ranked, at which point you have earned enough gold to buy 5+ meta heroes which is really all you need

do you guys think its possible to get silenced (and not have the silence removed in appeal) if i send to my noob teammates short links with texts of harassment and death wishes (ie bit do/HLteammate) ?

i just need a way to tell bad players they are bad without getting unappealable silences

gonna try this method out. if it doesnt work i guess ill have to do it by adding them from another acc

Buffed Brightwing is

F U N
U
N

He wasn't even bad before and they give him massive buffs across the board.

>He

>utter trash at this guy
>can't 1v1 anybody
>still my favourite character for the voice acting and animations

Is this what having a husbando feels like?

john de lancie has a fabulous voice and does great at arrogant asshole characters, he was such a good choice for alarak

>ponyfags

DAILY REMINDER THAT 27.07.2017 WILL BE FOREVER REMEMBERED AS A DARK DAY IN ORCISH HISTORY.

youtube.com/watch?v=SVYmPIJt2BI

Blizzard really fucked up with Garrosh's representation in Heroes of the Storm. His abilities and role do not fit his character fantasy in any way. His kit should have been for another character.

Yes, he is fun to play. But he should have been a bruiser, like Artanis, but with burst and less focus on defense and with an ability to force 1v1.

>what Blizzard devs did
Hey guys we plan to release Garrosh somewhere in summer 2017
Fast forward summer 2017
Alright guys just attach some existing kit to Garrosh and release him. And dont forget to make a legendary skin + bike with a bunch of tints

>pony

nigga he played Q on the next generation and he was GREAT

Who the fuck hired gartulu, illiterate fuck

does a hero with 6 meta heroes have an advantage over a hero with 5 meta heroes?
what if some of them are countered or banned this draft? what if they get nerfed?

why do you feel the need to tell bad players they are bad
what do you get out of it (other than getting silenced)
did you try just not throwing tantrums when you lose an electronic for-fun video game

He also voices Geist in the XCOM 2 expansion.

>what do you get out of it
i get less nerves dmg out of it. its like releasing stress on a punching bag

What a shitty analogy. Most heroes are universal, and will be good in any composition. You won't be able to name a single situation where you would need a particular hero out of 60+. Everyone is replaceable, and all games are winnable with the same 10 or so heroes. Look at any tournament for example. Out of 60 heroes you will have the same 10 in every single game, either picked or banned. Nobody even cares about all that content the developers provide, meta is still the same, and every game in high leagues is like a carbon copy of the previous. Unlocking most heroes is needed only to have fun in QM, and have no application in Ranked mode.

>so few people are playing that I'm getting matched with people who are managing to get killed by Valeera

>does a hero with 6 meta heroes have an advantage over a hero with 5 meta heroes?
didn't realize buying a hero means you automatically become good with them

look at the GM leaderboards and the trend you'll notice is that top players only rotate between a small roster, they just happen to play these few heroes well

in that regard, "just" mastering ~5 heroes is enough to leave you with at least one option every game

who do you want on your team, the guy with a level 50 valla or the one with a level 5 valla, a level 5 raynor, and a level 5 zul'jin? according to your logic, the former is at disadvantage

>what if some of them are countered or banned this draft?
first, meta heroes are generally hard to counter and there's only 2 bans a game so you should always have at least one option available

second, you're only responsible for your pick
owning every existing hero doesn't save your team from a nova murky draft
owning every hero doesn't allow you to draft for more than 1/5th of your team

>what if they get nerfed?
"what if" and hypotheticals are not really arguments, but in an alternate reality where S tier heroes are knocked down to tier 5 overnight, then the game would become p2w by invalidating its own meta heroes

When a normal person fails and someone calls him a filthy noob, he apologizes and actually tries to play better, which motivates the team to succeed. When a complete scum of the earth fails and you call him an asshat, he gets mad and starts feeding, while throwing insults back at you, despite the score screen which clearly shows that he's the worst in the game.

Noob shaming is one of the best aspects of video game culture, because it actually forces people to git gud or die trying. The "u are so toxic, why are you so mean, baaaaa, Blizzard save me and censor everything" people are truly the worst, and should fuck off to where they crawled from, because they clearly don't belong to this industry.

Something tells me you get muted on the regular, huh

Once in over 2 years, hun. It's usually i who mute those who retaliate instead of getting better, because the rest of the team usually reports shitters willingly, and agrees if you ask to report the filth who ruins the game.

Yeah sure thing bud.

the pay-to-win test is simply "does paying money give you an in-game advantage which can increase your chances of winning"

no, a player does not necessarily play all of the heroes they own master level, but they gain the OPPORTUNITY to practice and master those heroes
a player who has the opportunity to git gud at 6 heroes has an advantage over a player who has the opportunity to git gud at 5 heroes, you can't dispute this. there's no situation in which 5 heroes is better than 6 heroes

and he can get that advantage by paying real money
is the real-money advantage insurpassable? no, it's not. so while the game is pay-to-win it's nowhere near as bad as most korean or chinese games

>Brightwing
>He

Basically, your definition is solely
>can I unlock stuff that isn't cosmetics by paying for it
Most people would call that p2notgrind, but opinions evidently differ.

>who do you want on your team, the guy with a level 50 valla or the one with a level 5 valla, a level 5 raynor, and a level 5 zul'jin? according to your logic, the former is at disadvantage
Not the guy you're arguing with but I would want the guy with a level 5 Valla, Raynor and Zuljin

>He

time is not infinite, you only get 24 hours a day

any game spent "practicing" the "opportunity" of a new hero is not time spent polishing another

again, it's better to have 300 games on valla with the caveat you might have her banned every now and then than split it among 5 other heroes who essentially fill the same role

>Win GM game in NA as TLV on Braxxis
>dude from other team messages you saying how fucking trash you are and you got carried

why cant people hold their L's?

statistically the one-trick valla is going to be 2 league above the guy who likes ranged AAers but is mediocre with all them

Wait what
valla isnt even a hero that requires specific practice
she literally just right clicks and uses her two nukes

a player who is good at the game in general but has never touched her before would reach the skillcap at something like 3 games, not 300

nobody needs 300 games to learn valla or raynor or greymane or guldan, they are all super simple and straightforward to play

like i could see you saying that about genji maybe
but hots is a pretty simple game aimed at low-skill casual players, and most of the heroes are pretty simple to pick up and play

good post

valla is used as an example because
a) she fits most comps
b) you rarely want to waste a ban on her in draft

so you master this 2k gold hero and you can climb HL pretty steadily, meanwhile the shitter leagues are ridden with people who own 50 heroes but can't play a single one well

>hots is a casual moba
your point? no one said otherwise, the argument was whether bleeding your wallet to buy the new hot 15k gold hero automatically improves your win rate (it does not)

I'd like to think that the other guy will be better because it shows that he can adapt and be flexible rather then blindly pick what's on the top of the tier list. Guldan does take a while to learn because it takes a while to learn how to balance your health and mana bars.

it is a He

>I'd like to think that the other guy will be better because it shows that he can adapt and be flexible rather then blindly pick what's on the top of the tier list.
or it shows indecisiveness and a lack of commitment to getting good with reliable carries, an issue that will never be solved by buying more heroes so you can be flexibly bad

fun games are fun

>in a game where hero selection affects your chainces of winning,
>having to buy heroes is pay-to-win

I'm pretty good with multiple heroes, and you can only play 1 hero at a time(Unless you pick TLV)

am I the only one watching HGC KR

800 other people and 3200 bots are, too. You're never the only one.

At what time each day do the new quests appear?

God damn Tyrande is great fun.
I was getting pissed because I was opening chests and I was getting a shitload of skins for her when I didn't have her.

The blood elf skin man.
My fucking dick.

>finish game
>member on my old team keeps insulting me in private chats
When did people start becoming super big faggots in this game lately? Fell like we got an influx of lol faggots with how much I have been seeing this shit lately

Might be just coincidence, but after Kaplan released that OW toxic video i had many very fucking abysmal games with wastes of space. Guys picking support and just feeding and shittalking whole 15minutes of a game.
Like how low you have to be to do something like that?

>Decide to try ranked again
>lose in 11 minutes
>enemy team 16, our team 11
>their team has 19 kills, we have 0

thoughts on puerto rican valla?

How can people enjoy playing shit like leroic? He feels so slow, sluggish and weak, i get killed constantly with him since he crawls around so slowly and constantly wraith running away makes me feel useless
Playing high mobility heroes like a tracer feels orgasmic after the boring slow skeleton turd

shit
handball li ming best brownfu

You pick him on maps like BoE where tanks are forced to come to you and you drain them and laugh when you die because you just respawn on their ass 10s later as opposed to 10s + travel time

When a normal person plays a game he does it to have fun. When an autistic sperglord such as yourself plays he feels the need to tell others how to play and gets upset when they don't listen.

Go play an actual tryhard game if you want to be a keener.

Are the devs taking the piss giving dva a deathwing skin? Considering they tricked people into thinking it was deathwing and not some pink piece of shit weeb

they'd better give Dehaka a Terokk skin first then

>they tricked people into thinking it was deathwing
oh boy here we go again

I was in a game where two people kept giving me shit for picking Probius and pushing lanes. They had worst performance then me yet somehow I was the problem

Belf skin is fucking ugly Love goddess is the best

What am I suppose to do as d.va? with her damage down ability I still get my mech killed near instantly.

>30 fucking minutes
fucking brawls

>30 minutes
>35/60

Holy shit Kel'thuzad is fucking terrible

>he thinks i enjoy chromie
i went to eat lunch in the middle of the match aswell

>it is a He

I don't get it.

How is 100 skulls somehow better than a perfect golem when it's the exact same thing?

Chromie is the only female(male) here
Brightwing is a girl

BIG BOY GAINS

Explain to me how they didnt

inb4 banned like the rest of them

>thinks you can get banned for 5 man group AI games that last an hour.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Qjz5yrEKc

lucio seems interesting/good/simple
>lucio auriel malthael xul probius samuro
i was going to buy them in that order , doubt any new heroe released in the next 6 months will be fun/not shit

>trying to finish the Naxx quest
>losing streak of stupid faggots throwing games or can't play their heroes.

Why are people complete fucking retards?

>no heartstone brawl with constant battle
>health is literally by far the most valuable resource
>tank player doesn't pick muradin
>another faggot doesn't pick stukov who is worth more than gold in this brawl
>i get shit for not doing pointless teamfighting and instead sneaking behind the enemy line and backdooring their fountain, which is incredibly valuable in this brawl
thanks to my taktix we managed to won but holy shit talk about a hard carry

When?

you already have medivh

Fucking kek

make him a skin for medivh then. Medivh hasn't gotten a skin in over a fucking year

>winning
>team decides its a good idea to stop focusing enemies and randomly attack
>lose 4 fortress (we used to have 2 of adventage)

>opponent favored adjustement 2
guess thats the damage bonus to force 50%

You don't have to like it but this is what peak Valla performance looks like.

Just farm is Vs AI senpai

abathur + fat illidan is pretty tough

Why cho'gall got no skins
His master skin sucks and corrupter is meh

They* to be more accurate

KNEEL

PEASANT

How do you build Varian these days, both as tank and dps?

Is there anything funnier than a Greymane going all in on a Tazdingo Zuljin and then watching him struggle to run away?

What's best for Leo after his rework?

>ragnaros skins
>red
>red yellowish
>yellowish

this shit right here
dont believe anyone else
t. 70% winrate leoric

>march instead of Leo's funtime box

>The Virgin March instead of the Chad Entombment

Why do people overwhelmingly pick ancestral healing as rehgar?
I thought Bloodlust was a pretty neat buff to have during a teamfight desu

Only if they are already familiar with shutterstepping. If you haven't played other MOBAs, you don't know it.

>shutterstepping