docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5D8i5zRNEk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for best waifus

post highly underated weapons that everyone hates but you can't help but love

I agree. It's gorgeous, moreso when buffed, and that one patch made it gud, even if it's just a beta MLGS. Only wish it didn't have the giant ass scabbard worn on the back

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

I've aggro'd Yuria, but Pale Shade isn't invading me in Irithyll for some reason. Sully's still alive so it can't be that. What do?

Have you aggroed her to the point where she attacks?

What's people opinions on halberds in PVP? I'm going to use it anyways but I'm curious if it's viewed the same as zweihanders were in 1 or something

DS1, PC, sl98. Anyone want to summon me for that last Sunlight medal?

Does she attack you on sight?
Are you online on steam?

Farm maggots in the meantime, those shits where Solaire goes loon

Thanks, had no idea those drop them.

Get lower hp and spend some stamina
>ds2 npcs have custom faces
>some even have custom models
>all of this unavailable to the player
MAD

Got it on the 2nd run, thanks user. I had already been farming ears from crows and eyes from basiliks but never seen these guys drop a medal before. Probably because I rarely bothered killing him as they're not aggresive.

Yes and yes.

Give me the craziest build viable build ideas you have, any game.

Miracle build, DS3.

i said viable

I actually didn't notice that word. My excuses.

So crazy they'll put you in a nuthouse for using such a shit build

DS2 or DS1, only level 1 stat, nothing else

DS3 level all stats equally

pvp/e?

e

staff bash melee only, no shield or other weapons
DS2

>Start NG+ in Dark Souls
>Bumrush Demon for his hammer
>Go talk to Oscar
>Accidentally reply "No"
>Talk to him again
>He doesn't give me the key
Guess he has to go then.

Poison caster ds3
Poison melee weapon, poison throwing knives, cast poison mist, toxic mist, acid surge, pestilent mist

With the way they look it would make a lot more sense if those were results of King Oceiros experimenting with turning humans into dragons before he did it on himself. But why are they in Irithyll then.

youtube.com/watch?v=z5D8i5zRNEk

Sorcerer :^)

>Experiment on slaves
>Don't want the word to come out that slaves are being used as lab rats
>Put them in a jail nobody gets to see the result of said experiment
I wonder that myself, user.

But doesn't king oceiros have his own jail? How can he just put them in another city's dungeon. Nobody wants these freaks.

>almost every boss in every game is weak to lightning
>Lightning spells are either really weak or have very few casts
Well balanced hackazaki

Archdragon peak is right behind the dungeon. It makes sense if you ask me. Plus sullyvahn might be responsible as well.

>Why are they in Irithyll then?
Probably Pontiff taking care of Lothric's dirty laundry. Note that the Grand Archives, where the Pontiff was thought to have been a Scholar at, has Gargoyles that are only found elsewhere in Profaned capital where Sully has also known to have visited. Bote that a lot of things in the game seem to have ties to Sulyvahm.

If pontiff has ties to everything, doesn't that make him the main bad guy?
Why was he so easy to beat then?

Irityll is inside lothric. Oceiros is king of lothric.

Part of DS3's lore is that oceiros being obsessed with crazy dragon shit and the princes being born fucked up and without any desire to rule allows the church of the deep to basically run lothric from the shadows, with palpatine aldrich and his darth vader sully fucking bitches and generally being the biggest ballers this side of the kiln

Probably to avoid his own slaves to get knowledge of what was being done to them, fuck if I know.
The only thing I'm curious about, is why keeping them alive was ever a thing.

>If pontiff has ties to everything, doesn't that make him the main bad guy?
I mean, pretty much. Tho not so much a bad guy as the only guy with a plan that doesn't involve MC.

>Why was he so easy to beat then?
Meme on.

Is oceiros the father of lothric and lorian?
Why didn't he link the fire?

Aldritch was Sullys bitch

>why was he so easy to beat then?
Idk, I think he's easily harder than all the bosses preceding him and two-three bosses after him assuming you do Pontiff bedore Yhorm.

see: Dark souls 3 isn't about taking on the church, it's about linking the fire. Sully is the main bad guy keeping you from getting to the last lord, (even after aldritch dies, it's Dancer, Sully's literal fuckslave that comes to stop you). Even with sully out of the way, you still have to gather all the lord souls.

He's easy to beat because he's a cleverly designed boss that uses intuition in a game full of attack spamming camera hogging arm flailing git gud bosses.

It's kind of like in DS1 where O&S weren't the main bad guys or even lords, but they were easily the biggest threat between you and the kiln because all the actual lords have gotten weak over time, and as gwyn's last remaining knight in a world without dragons, Ornstein exists for no purpose other than to kill unworthy undead.

>Is oceiros the father of lothric and lorian?
Yes

>Why didn't he link the fire?
Are you excited to light yourself on fire for the rest of eternity until you die? Ocerios didn't want to link the flame he wanted an heir to keep his legacy alive, and went so far as to become obsessed with dragons and their immortality to get there. They know that the cycles are unsustainable and stopped caring about the fire long ago.

Aldritch founded the church, Sully is just the pope/leader. It's very much a Palpatine / Vader relationship. Aldritch is fat and useless but extremely evil, Sully is powerful but very loyal.

Ideas on how to balance ranged combat (such as archery) and magic in future Souls games so that it didn't trivialize PvE?

Here are mine:

>Enemies can always follow you everywhere if you provoke them, so you can't just back off until you leashed them back to their original position

>Sharply drop off the damage bows and magic do when you're far away from the target you're about to hit. This encourages players to not be anymore than 2-3 roll distances away from an enemy if they want to do ranged combat/magic.

>Players can only carry 50 of each arrow type at a time.

>Wood arrows bounce off of enemies wearing armor or ones that have super thick skin

Palpatine was basically an omnipotent space wizard. Aldrich is just a slime who relies on the power of whomever he's currently eating

>>Sharply drop off the damage bows and magic do when you're far away from the target you're about to hit
Completely invalidates the entire point of using magic while making it even worse in both pve and pvp

Replaying DS1, and I'm pretty sure most of the people criticising "gotcha moments", "enemy placement" and "lol enemy horde" in 2 haven't done so in a while.
>hollow behind furniture in the Burg
>multiple ambushes of hollows climbing from walls and behind corners
>ballista hollows behind you on Taurus bridge
>Wyvern oneshots you with fire as soon as you step on the bridge unless you know exactly when to run back
>Channeler behind you on your way to Berenike knight
>Horde of buffed to hell hollows on your way to said Channeler
That's just from the first 2 areas in the game, and it's not even all of them.

Your ideas are fucking dumb abd I hope you neck yourself. Archery and magic are both already really gimped from the previous entries. Aggro leashes could be a bit longer but otherwise your ideas are terrible.

Weaker bows?
Hmph

>archery) and magic trivialize PvE

I'm for one yet to be convinced that this is the case in the games that already exist. Sorcery faces a plenthora of challenges especially indoors, archery is incredibly weak compared to everything else unless you spend souls on high price consumables.

I genuinely think that people underestimate just how powerful melee gets if you don't skimp on upgrades and learn to parry/backstab. High level sorcery can trivialise encounters but so can a decent maxed out endgame weapon. People who bitch and moan about sorcery and archery need to learn how to utilise melee and consumables to their full potential.

Take DS1 for example. Much is said about how sorcery trivialises undead burg by letting you bypass multiple enemy encounters. Do you know what else does that? Fire bombs. They are also cheaper and don't require long term investment.

Melee players need to stop restricting their arsenal to "stab things" and they'd soon discover that they have many advantages over ranged.

Addendum:
Some spells need to die tho. Dark Bead comes to mind. Slaughtering Gwynn before he can do anything is not okay.

But than again, a maxed out uccult weapon would have about the same result.

this is the fourth time in the row who programmed this mob im going to punch him in the face

This. I feel like the Dancer should have swapped places with Sully, so after learning about all the awful things Sully's responsible for you finally get a showdown with him in the endgame.

git gud

>The Lothric bloodline was obsessed with creating a worthy heir
Not anyone can link the fire. Supposedly that's how ashen ones are created: they try to link but fail

People got really obsessed with the "tough but fair" shit to the point where they would think up convoluted excuses to try and justify why everything ever was fair.
>Well if you look at the scorch marks on the bridge you can see that it get's burned, and you saw a drake before so clearly you would know to run straight ahead and never stop to try and survive the ambush you somehow know will come from the drake AND from behind you.
Personally I think the chotcha moments were never bad after all these games are about dying and learning from your mistakes to git gud, there is no difference to dying to an attack from a boss you never saw before and couldn't react to on time VS dying once to the skeleton archer ambush and getting kicked into a pit.

>instead of fixing archery and sorcery, just make them shit!
Or maybe have spells that are not all just varying speed and damage projectiles. Penstilent mercury is a very good step in that direction, only needs the caster to be able to freeaim it better. You can 180 degrees while stabbing with a bigass sword but not while waving a puny staff?
>>Enemies can always follow you everywhere if you provoke them, so you can't just back off until you leashed them back to their original position
Bad idea from a mechanical perspective, you'd either have to make enemies disappear (like in the parish elevator) after a point or risk crashing the game by flocking too many enemies

What are those three lines next to some of the bonfires on the travel menu in DS3? And is it worth levelling past 30/30 int/fth for dark infusions?

>What are those three lines next to some of the bonfires on the travel menu in DS3?
You mean the effigy-like shapes? I'm assuming it's showing you area activity.

Can someone explain to me why people keep saying that drake one shots you? I keep hearing that argument but in my experience he, well, doesn't. Unless you sprint towars the middle of the bridge and fail only a smallbit of flame will ever touch you, not enough to kill unless you are naked and have no points in Vit.

> from behindyou
If something hits you from behind In DS1 one you failed to investigate the area. Most ambushes aren't immedeatly deadly and give you a few moments to recover from surprise. There are exceptions, like bandits, trees and Capra's dogs, but otherwise the ambushes in DS1 are fairly well arranged.

>aggros from 2 miles away
>sprints up to you at 10mph with three others you also couldn't see
>poises through your attacks
>mobs you and knocks you off a ledge

pshhh...

Activity around you SL/SM.

>DS1 one you failed to investigate the area
Noope, not with the drake
If you play perfectly, react as soon as you see/hear the drake coming for you on the bridge you WILL get hit.

The only way to avoid the attack is to know where the trigger is and run back BEFORE hearing or seeing anything
Or sprinting forwards and getting into cover by the stairs.

The drake is bullshit, plain and simple, the way to avoid him doesn't make sense and playing carefully WILL get you killed because running back means you eat the worst part of the attack.

As I said people will come up with the most retarded 90's adventure game logic to try and justify how everything in the game is 100% totally fair, when anyone with a brain can see it's not.
The hilarious part is that most people are willing to accept a few cheap deaths from a game with a tagline "prepare to die", but will actually get upset if you tell them they weren't just skilled enough to avoid it on the first go

>>hollow behind furniture in the Burg
1 shit-ass dead dude. What the fuck is he going to do? Compare to pic related
>>multiple ambushes of hollows climbing from walls and behind corners
The only times I remember someone climbing from a wall was when you have already had clear view of them. Specifically, in the place with the rubbish. I don't remember other instances
>>ballista hollows behind you on Taurus bridge
You have plenty of time to look around and even if you don't, you have to cross ~2/3s of the bridge before Taurus is triggered, the crossbowmen shoot at you far earlier. If you choose to ignore them, it's on you
>>Wyvern oneshots you with fire as soon as you step on the bridge unless you know exactly when to run back
Literally does not . Even sl1 I survived with a sliver of hp and by that time, I was already by the ladder. If you see a giant ass wyvern breathing fire at you and you do nothing, your fucking problem. Not to mention that for the drake to appear there, you've already crossed the burg bridge, meaning you've already seen it
>>Channeler behind you on your way to Berenike knight
I'll give you this but a) he can't oneshot you unless you have really low vit AND he has buffed (in which case you heard him) b) you have plenty of time between the channeler hitting you and the berenike approaching
>>Horde of buffed to hell hollows on your way to said Channeler
With a long ass corridor (~15m) behind you to funnel them and not allow them to gank you. And they go down in 1-2 hits because they're fucking hollows, even buffed

>If something hits you from behind In DS1 one you failed to investigate the area
I'm pretty sure I investigated the fuck out of those closed doors in the lower burgh, they seem to be immune to attack/rolling/interacting and spells, yet they still opened when I had passed an invisible line on the ground so thives could come and backstab me.

Good old fashion input reading. Notice how it didn't initiate the grab animation until the exact moment you pressed the R1 for the running attack.

>Or maybe have spells that are not all just varying speed and damage projectiles
Not him, but there are such spells, you can't blame the devs for people not using them. One of my favourites is Aural Decoy, it lets you fuck with enemies ruthlessly and trigger enemies hiding behind the corner, but people keep ignoring such spelss in favour of soul arrows. The only way to improve that is nerfing soul arrows and buffing these utility spells like AD and Hush, but since you can just ring hush that's a dead end. Dark souls is a game about trading damage with mobs, so non damaging spell will always be at a disadvantage. That being said more "trap" spells would be nice.

>Noope, not with the drake

They expect you to have played DeS.

You misunderstand. The drake jumps you, and can be nigh impossible to avoid unless you either have foreknowledge or guessed from clues that he will attack there and start trying to bait him.

But my point is that he doesn't kill you, just takes of some of your HP. Which is not the same as OHK bullshit so many people describe when talking about him.

There is a list of exceptions attached to that post you know.

For some reason a lot of people also assume that every attack on 1 is somehow trying to justify everything else wrong with the games and it becomes some kind of a retarded game of
>Well DS1 had an ambush of 3 dudes but DS2 had an ambush of 4 dudes and 3 had an ambush of 2 dudes and 2 teleporting dogs so CLEARLY 1 was perfectly fair
Ignoring the entire point that just because other games do it worse doesn't make the other instances not bullshit

Just going from Firelink shrine to Taurus demon has a total of 8 enemy encounters
2 of those are against 1 dude, the rest are all groups who try to ambush you. What the series needs is more encounters where melee dudes rush you and guys in the back throw firebombs/ranged attacks, it makes everything less of an R1 fest

Why are these skeletons wrecking me in the graveyard?
I can't deal with this. Do they expect me to beat them?
Holy shit.

Try another path.

My point is that if you do what a "careful" player would do, which is to say be clairvoyant enough to realize that this one patch of burnt bridge is the place where the drake will attack you, move forwards slowly and back away to safety as soon as you hear/see the drake, you WILL die.

The only way to survive that ambush is to keep running forwards, which will kill you if you don't react fast enough, or just make you eat damage, but playing carefully WILL kill you.
This is not even getting into fatroll builds who will aways eat damage because movement speed slow

Fucking hell, Manus without big boy weapons that do big boy damage is hellish, it becomes such a long fight and it's so damn difficult to keep a cool head when he's always attacking
I don't mind Manus as much as Kalameet most of the time since I can down him quickly just by facetanking him but holy fug

It's a pity they didn't bring back lingering flame. And they should allow to do more interesting shit, like creating barriers
DS1 is not DeS2 so even if it's true, it's only made more bullshit.
The post you quoted does exactly that though. Tries to justify shit from 2 by attacking ds1 and failing
You fell for the "dark souls is hard guise" memes. No, you're not expected to kill them, it's not the intended path. HOWEVER you can and doing so and persisting can yield some interesting goodies from the next area. Look around firelink and remember they're skeletons. Fragile, breakable skeletons

It's just a little treat for the DeS players.

That's not even its worst move. I can't deal with the jumping attack.

>sorcerers are bad in PvE
I want this meme to die. Can you kill Midir in two minutes with your retarded roly poly swordsman? I don't think so.

>Tries to justify shit from 2 by attacking ds
????
user, try reading it again.
>Wow 1 has enemy ambushes too
Is different from
>Wow 2 doesn't have enemy ambushes because 1 has them
Stop projecting

All it says is "People who criticize 2 for enemy ambushes should replay 1 because it has enemy ambushes too"

>you WILL die
By seven hells are you not listening to me? Drakes flame doesn't do enough damage to kill you unless you eat the full gouge, and to do that you need to keep moving forward after you've heard the sound of him sweeping and do nothing to protect yourself. Drake flame doesn't instakill you at full HP, and if you are wondering wih half HP bar missing it's your own fucking fault.

Again, I'm not trying to say that drake isn't DS! version of a cheap jump scare, just that he isn't so cheap as to instakill your ass if you have a modicum of self preservation.

What clued me, personally, in to the drake wasn't the patch of burnt ground, it was that when you encounter the drake first time it happens in a very similar looking area with a wide open walkway and no cover. Given that my paranoia made me run halfway back the first time I saw him I was on lookout for further encounters. But that, again, besides the point. SInce when I finally got to the bridge he did manage to hit me anyway, because as you said, even with perfect reflexes dodging him is luck based more than anything else. But he didn't KILL me. So I didn't get upset by him. And it repeated in my second playtrough, where again, I couldn't properly dodge the cheap bastard, but again, he didn't kill me.

To me there is a world of difference between game using a cheapshot to damage me and using it to oneshot me. The former is cheap but fine, the latter is BS. I keep hearing drake discussed as the latter, wheras in my expirience he is the former.

2 of my deaths were just getting stomped to death back to back

>Tries to justify shit from 2 by attacking ds1 and failing
I'm the one who posted it and it isn't attacking 1, you fucking idiot, I love both those games and I enjoy these bullshit things. It's attacking people like you who think if 1 does it it's ok, and if 2 does, it's not.

Justifying is not claiming it didn't happen
>Replaying DS1, and I'm pretty sure most of the people criticising "gotcha moments", "enemy placement" and "lol enemy horde" in 2 haven't done so in a while.

Hellkite's fire is a special attack that does percentage based damage.

>It's attacking people like you who think if 1 does it it's ok, and if 2 does, it's not.
Except ds1 DOESN'T do it. You're attacking ds1 by claiming it does

>>sorcerers are bad in PvE
Who said that? Generally I feel one includes pvp when they decide whether a build is viable. Sadly sorcery isn't so good in pvp

i did 1 playthrough of 2 and got incredibly irritated all the time at scripted aggroing all at once multiple times

i played 1 at least 20 playthroughs with hundreds and hundreds of hours and not a single instance comes to mind where i aggro'd a bunch of people at once with my intending doing it; not to say it may not exist, but its definitely not a motif in the game

I fucking hate these things even more than dogs

>Sully is powerful but very loyal
Where does the loyal part come from? Ambition and loyalty are more or less incompatible. It feels more like he's using Aldrich and the religion he created for his own selfish gain and would betray him in a heartbeat like he betrayed Oceiros if he lost the need for him. Archdeacon McDonnell's corpse is found in the water reserve under Sulyvahn's church, guarded by two of his beasts. He was also the leader of Aldrich's faithful, a guy truly loyal to Aldrich. It would seem that Sulyvahn didn't like the guy's loyalty, maybe even suspected that he saw through his ruse, and had him killed and his body hidden when he realised that McDonnell could interact with people even after his death.

without my intending*
you can slow walk up to pretty much every mob and aggro them one at a time, they werent programmed as groups and it seems like they all had their own range and worked independently

I'm playing a sorcerer right now. Used to bow politely at my opponent before doing fair duels but I figured what you should do is using crystal soul spear before they know you're here.

>unless you eat the full gouge
See this is where you are wrong, you eat it if you run BACKWARS AS SOON AS YOU HEAR ANYTHING.

Goddamn I'v tried telling you this like 3 times now if you do the careful and planned thing of running backwards to safetey as soon as you see/hear the drake, you will eat the full blast and die, the end.
Jesus fucking christ kid I don't even mind the drake, I would go as far as to say I like him, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to go tripping on shrooms for a week to find a way to excuse it as "fair"

>Penstilent mercury
It's a boss cheesing spell, but it's useless against the mobs. It works on a percentage of health basis, meaning it can never kill anyone in one cast.

Sorcerers are kind of amusing in PVP, the best way to win as a sorcerer is to do you damnest to pretend you aren't one and than feed the bastard a soulspear.

Not saying they are good or anything, just amusing.

>you eat it if you run BACKWARS AS SOON AS YOU HEAR ANYTHING
You keep repeating that, I keep telling you this is the opposite of my expirience. This conversation is going nowhere, goodbye.

Dark Bead needs to exist, if only to bait hatemail in PvP.

>>you eat it if you run BACKWARS AS SOON AS YOU HEAR ANYTHING
Not that guy but this is literally what just happened to me right now, and in every run when I was too slow to run back. Maybe you roll a knight and put all your points into VIT until you reach the wyvern, but if you run back as soon as you hear the wings flap, you WILL die.

dark souls 3 is a pretty good game

It's fun but it should've tried to be its own game instead of pandering to 1 so much.