/fg/ - Falcom General #91

Heretic hunting edition

Previous thread: >Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Autumn), official website:
visitilvard.com

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zbxlXPv8Ojc?t=30332
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Calvard when?

I love Estelle!

Arteria when?

One more week until they breed like rabbits.

I LOVE KLAUDIA

>last thread lasted not even a day
What happened?

Has anyone tried to beat this guy on nightmare?

yes, it's called using Hummel's broken ass counter and range

deal with it

Why are they so cute together?

Revival Beam

Post one of Estelle slapping Renne.

Post one of Estelle spanking Renne

youtu.be/zbxlXPv8Ojc?t=30332

>Evo portraits

It's not just those, the UI generally doesn't look as good as the original design. The main benefits of Evo are the full voices and balance changes, but I wouldn't play them as the definitve versions.

>(The Legend of Heroes - Trails to Azure)
>Role: main translator
>Stats:
>Started on 24/10/2016
>Main script characters done by Guren: 907762+
>Main script characters done by Flame: 31262+
>Main script characters done by Kitsune: 41247+
>Main script characters done by others: 16061+
>Main script total: 996324/1629086 = 61.16%+
>Files done by me: 287
>Files done by others: 8+ other parts
>Total: 311/351

I haven't been following this effort. Are they making progress or not?

It was 55% not long ago.

This will be your new Divine Knight mechanic. Say something nice about her!

Goodbye Valimar, it was nice knowing you

You break my shit and I'll get Makarov to bully you into oblivion.

Then I've decided.
I'm going to start my replay of the series now with Sky 1.
I'm counting on the fact that Ao is done by the time I finish the first four games and then CS3 is out in English by the time I finish CS1+2.

Is there a guide that only has a list of hidden quests/missable items?
I want to 100% them this time.

Maybe she got gud.

She IS good. Remember, she fixes a tank in Nord to normal in no time at all, but the tank ends up driving backwards.

TGS japan.

Don't count on Ao being out. Without the leak we wouldn't even have gotten Zero which was a 2015 build.

Interesting, why do you say that?

Play some other Falcom games instead. Or hell, other video games in general.

Check the extra stuff pastebin in the OP. I posted guides for zero, So, and Cs1 in it. Sky ones you can find around steam guides section, or Google it. Same for cs2.

I want to replay this though since I've forgotten so much of what happened in 1 and 2 by now.
Maybe Ao will get leaked early too. The Zero build is fine.

>Mint is fixing Valimar
>she accidentally becomes its new Awakener

All hail Mint, the Ashen Chevalier

The Zero one only got leaked because the project got dropped for some weird reason. They picked up on the cleaning effort around February/March i think, and it's not the same guys, since the "Zero monkey" dude was apparently pretty adamant about making the TL be as literal as possible.

erebonia fighting with crossbell-liberl alliance

I would lose my shit if she accidentally added a transformation or gattai mode to him.

Is Laura finally going to learn how to make a baby in CS3?

I'm glad it was literal. Keeps the meaning clear.

We better see her wearing that hoodie at some point in the game.

What? Many of the lines sound incredibly robotic, and others don't even make that much sense unless you stop to think about it. It's not like making it flowy is destroying the meaning, you're just making it look like actual English instead of retards speaking.

I've watched enough anime to know what "As expected" means.

Lots of high quality Tita today.

>tfw thinking about immersing myself in the game and embracing spoilers
>read a fake spoiler on /v/ thread a moment ago
>remember that spoilers are bad
>not sure if I want to spoil myself on the game anymore
wat do?

I hope McDude keeps bullying Duvalie in CS3, and that Campanella joins in

Yeah if you are a little familiar with anime you barely need to stop and think. Some people also just pick the literal extreme cause they've seen one too many editings take it too far and I can't blame them.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

In general, you want to avoid the big twist spoilers, since they're the fun stuff that is really hard to figure out, others should be fine, so long as you don't spoil yourself on everything.

What was the spoiler anyway?

Juna belongs in prison!

>going to /v/
cancer

nani

You do know that this is Falcom general, right? What does that tweet have to do with Falcom?

Why even bother putting a bossfight in coldsteel if you don't give it any delay immunity? Might as well just have it a cutscene.

Sure, like Zephyr being translated as "West Wind Brigade".

I literally don't remember that.

Hummel is so precious. I hope he's popular enough to return in the next game.

First time they refer to "Zephyr Brigade" they refer to it as "West Wind Brigade". I believe latter mentions are "Zephyr Brigade" though

Why isn't she playable?

They used both so it's obviously just cause it hadn't been edited to make every term always the same.

If she was a playable character she would be a loli.

WWB is their known name to general public. where zephyr is the name most people that only encounter it know because it's in their emblem.
you will encounter both name not only one.

This looks like DS wtf.

It looks like Durante was doing something with Ys 8 again. Added an hour to his playtime today. At this point, I'm using him playing the game as a sign there is a new build for the game. Considering leaks have stopped for the game, I'm guessing it's just dev builds beta testers don't get.

Blame sony for having shitty screenshot function. It looks pretty good in the actual game.

It's not the screenshot function, it's the Vita screen's DPI

Seems like today's character is Ines. The red hair from the Stahlritter.

>expecting a brooding edgelord
>he is actually a dumb qt

sasuga falcom

He gives me that vibe that he may actually be autistic, but a cute type of autist.

We have too many edgelords already.

Will they bully her more?

Ines seems too uptight for that. Enea is the one who will softly tease you sexually, while inis is no funny business 24/7.

Alright that C fight was fun.
Good thing I converted all my lesser mana potions to better quality or else I would have everyone regenerate machias and elliots mp.
Phantom Phobia is such a good spell. Not the best reach and strenght but the guaranteed stat down is well worth it.

Holding back is over now, r-right?

This is exactly the kind of face most suited for missionary position for the purpose of procreation.

This. The harder the shell, the softer what it's protecting inside.

Sometimes they can just be giant bitches too.

>The actually good song from the sen3 trailer is not the actual OP, its actually this shit one

What did falcom mean by this?

That song was hype, the one that rean cosplaying shit singer girl sang was crap

Second OP for second half of the game?

No surprise. Recent Trails OP songs haven't been great for a long time, and I'm way less worried about those than the main OST.

Losing Kotera, Teramae, and other regular jdk Band members from the silver era sucks. You can tell the new band's underfunded and made up of freelancers who have better things to do, which is a possible reason why Mizutani wasn't at TGS and why the band got someone to play EWI on her parts.

Has any trails game actually done this before?

I wouldn't be too hopeful. The song is too fast paced to be the ending one though, so there's a chance.

No but Kondo has been hyping up the second half so much I wouldn't be surprised

>removing teleportation near the end of the game
nice meme, falcom

I'd love for the Wild Arms 3 treatment with multiple unique OP songs and openings to mark huge new sections of the game, but that game had a larger budget for sure.

>Wild arms

I'm already sad enough as it is. Don't remind me that its dead.

I wish we'd get a remake of 1 and 2. Especially 2 since the localization wasn't that great.

Keep Liz and Ard the same though.

Fuck off with the rerelease aids.

That one dungeon with liz and ard gave me a headache. Also the font is garbage.

>rerelease

I want a full blown remake, not some shitty port of the game with almost nothing changed.

Fuck off. I want what i want.

I don't know. The fact that they're stupid and the horrible translation meshed together to make something special everytime those two spoke. Guess it just grew on me since i replayed the game a lot of times.

Wild Arms 2 at least should get an English re-translation patch after so many years of players dealing with a mediocre localization. I plan on playing in Japanese eventually. Since I've already beaten the first game, 3 seems like a logical step, and I've heard 2 goes off the deep end (in good ways) compared to both of the others. 4 doesn't exist to me and I'm not sure 5 would really appeal, but XF's in my library because I could use a meaty wargame.

Hopefully Virginia can sort of match Estelle in heroine quality.

Why are you posting this shit here? fuck off

leave

Will Erika fly all the way to Erobonia, just to get Tita back from the red haired ruffian who kidnapped her?

Cassius would probably have to step in so that Osborne doesn't declare war on Liberl as a result

They did fly from Calvard to Liberl illegally in the 3rd.

>Erobonia
I think it's time you fixed this.

I'm sorry user sama. For some reason i keep thinking of it was Erobonia, instead of Erebonia.

Where the hell is Ariarnhod day? It has to be either day 2 or 1, though i'm betting day 1 will be Osborne. Day 3 could be Claire, Lechter or Rufus i guess.