/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Quakedad edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4

>(Incomplete) QC custom weapon skin showcase:
my.mixtape.moe/wrrdkk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play QC
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Gay thread >

First for SLASH IS #1 QUAKEFU

second for bullying the dumb druggie LMAO

First for when will Doom Slayer get those outfits on the bottom

DELETE THIS RIGHT THIS INSTANT

Dumb leaver

>edgy
Rude! Someone so cute can't possibly be edgy. Just look at that face!

realistically who'd want to be on a team with you lmao

Ooooooh snap son

>Trash
>#1 anything

she's #1 at having really fucking nice legs, as to be expected of a derby girl

he did he right thing
having you in the game on either team is absolute cancer

nice samefag

has anyone here read these? Are they any good?

I'm afraid not

fucking tripfag, die.
I would have left aswell.

no one in this thread is using a tripcode

>shoot sorlag with a rocket at 0 range
>0 damage
>suicide

I can see gurkans/nirahs/q3dm6 nick in every single screenshot/webm they post...
wtf are you talking about?

They're a fun read, they're written from the first-person perspective of Doomguy for the most part and only switch later on. You can also almost tell what level of DooM the characters are on in the first-book. Also there is a redheaded female in the book with a crew-cut, Daemia?

Do you know what a tripcode is?

Rank them, /arena/

in order:
>faggot tier
anarki, borelag, dyx, slash
>balanced tier
visor, doomguy, galena, ranger
>shit tier
bj, clutch

top tier:
sorlag,nyx,anarki

between top and mid tier:
slash

mid tier:(though some of these could easily be in top tier after some changes to the game)
scarborough,ranger,galena,doom

not so shit but still shit tier:
visor,bj

absolute shit tier:
clutch

Too lazy to copy and paste

You're not gonna get much difference in opinions on this, only to me Sorlag is "low S tier" (that is, almost edging on honesty), and Doomguy is "high balanced" (that is, almost getting to "too good" territory)

>waaah stop hiding name you massive faggot
>waaah stop posting name you massive faggot
there's just no winning with you people

Scare bear is definitely "high balanced". He's SLIGHTLY worse than Sorlag but with a better, more versatile ability. Slash also qualifies to "high balanced", arguably before Doom

how much would ztn suffer/improve if rail was removed from it?

>I can see gurkans/nirahs/q3dm6 nick in every single screenshot/webm they post...

Only Merem is still pure...

play ztndm3 on quakeworld and realize how much better of a map it is

I wouldn't put Blazko with the shit tier since he is not so bad that you literally can't do anything with him but he definitely needs a buff, maybe a higher speed cap or a lower ability cooldown+ longer duration.

His active is fucking annoying so if you're going to buff anything buff something else.

He just needs more life. Doom's double jump is a massive hp multiplier in most situations on top of having more of it in the first place. And they're supposedly in the same weight class.

Give him 125
Sorted

>queue taking forever
>alt tab
>shitpost
>queue finally fires
>tab back in
>framerate goes directly to shit

Well lets look at it like this: Sorlag can one shot someone with her spit, Nyx can get out of sticky situations, Anarki can runaway at the speed of light and heal himself, Ranger can toss his orb and GTFO or if he can predict well gib the enemy, Doom can Rage quit a battle, Slash can AOE zone an area off and what can Blazko do? buff his attack speed by 1.25 for automatic weapons and 1.50 for non automatic while being slow having no aircontrol and not having a particularly high base AP/HP. The boost is to little on automatic weapons to notice and since the hitdetection is garbage the RL and RG are not a very viable option.

To be honest that's my stance on literally every character, now that I think about it.

t. meme salmon

screw you, at least I make OC

i'd leave too

cum in gurkan

I'm not a faggot, sorry to disappoint

>The boost is to little on automatic weapons to notice and since the hitdetection is garbage the RL and RG are not a very viable option.
The counterpoint to this is the LG. Seriously, dual LGs made getting Net Masters and Damage Dealers piss easy. If you're planning on hogging the LG, BJ is a good hero for that.

I "played" with him several times, also called him out ingame.
He ragequits whenever he loses or when someone finds the lore. Not a very good player in general so Iam kinda amazed that he isnt ashamed of posting shit here under his real nick.

I love the "Sorlag is OP" meme because everyone flocks to her and she's so fucking easy to LG and Rail. A LG duel between players of similar skill almost always ends poorly for the Sorlag, because her extra stack often counts for shit when others can just flat out hit you better. I "main" Doomguy and his 125/75 against her 150/100 almost never feels like an actual difference because I'm one hitbox size smaller and can actually somewhat throw their aim off

In addition to that, her movement is weird and idiosyncratic (i.e. QW-style) and not a lot of me-too guys know how to do it properly. You see a lot of Sorlags trying to SJ like she was Anarki and going @ like 300ups, unable to pick up speed, and some even just WASDing around at its regular slow-ass ground speed because they can't move well

>sorlag not op because hueg hitbox
>forgetting the 150 you take from spit
nice meme

>/dyaeid/

Tнis гeally тгiggeгs мe

doomguy is 125/50

no

To do that kind of big damage with her spit you need to actually land the gobs which isn't a very common occurrence on people other than total noobs. Ground acid is 90% of Sorlag's proc

That's what I meant, was going to samefag to correct

>this obsession with Merem

Sick

>Sorlags trying to SJ like she was Anarki
But they got the same movement???

You can build up Anarki to close to max only through SJing (i.e. without ever bhopping), whereas Sorlag requires bhopping

You can't actually SJ with Sorlag, but you can with Anarki. If you try to SJ with Sorlag, after the second jump your speed stops building up (so to say). You're supposed to do a first "SJ" (truly just an initial diagonal) and then immediately start bhopping, from the second jump on. Same as QW really, only in this game the initial jump can be done a lot more "loosely", with barely any turning

Have an OC , /arena/.
Any suggestions to do next?

>it says I CAN SEE YOU

what the fuck are you talking about? lol

anarkis speedcap is 640(no injection) and sorlags is 520 or something, also different acceleration but besides that those 2 things are the only differences between the 2 champs.

oh man that is beautiful
what does it say aside from HUH

"It says you're a HUH". Glad you liked it

You don't know the difference between SJ and bhop? And how Sorlag requires the latter to hit 520?

>he says that you are HUH

Your attempts to use Russian are adorable

Apologies, I just used a translator because I'm gay

sorlag can accelerate doing strafejumps just like any other chars

Stop spewing shit you retarded Sorlag main

I still don't understand why people consider Д the same as A. We've got an A word too, it's not the same as Д

But she builds up speed too slowly due to her low base speed, so SJing with her will "stabilize" much lower than 520 unless you have a literal landing strip to slowly build up your speed. If you bhop with her you hit 520 almost instantly, which is what you want

Anarki has much faster base speed, so he can just SJ and still get close to his max speed very fast. A lot of Anarki players only do this and don't ever bhop, or maybe don't even know about it. However, even Anarki will require bhopping to max his speed the fastest possible way

because it looks more exotic and blyat
nothing personnel............. kid

How do we fix this piece of shit?

reverse his stack again and make him the tankiest

Give him the biggest stack, replace drill with a 150 damage rocket that also adds bleed damage

His potential stack is amazing (he does becomes the tankiest character if you top his armor), but his initial stack is actually mathematically worse than Doomguy's

No idea what they were going for, maybe trying to make him Duel-focused? It's not unusual to dominate red/mega in Duel

but he is shit in duel too after the nerfs

mega armor is usually by the "worst" point in sac so maybe you're supposed to save it for the clutch player

his stack is the shittiest because each map has only 2 armor pickups and something like 9-11 health bubbles (excluding mega and red), so hp is much easier to replenish
that's why doomguy's and visor's stack is better than galena's and ranger's even though they theoritically have the same amount of total hp

The only way I can rationalize BJ, Visor and Clutch is that they're meant to be "Duel mode" characters. Visor's active certainly is at its peak usefulness in Duel, where a single frag is very important and you can use it to know where someone spawned to hound them for a follow-up frag

That's exactly what I said, Clutch needs to hunt for stack and is actually somewhat squishy fresh off spawn (despite being huge fat mech)

and somehow all of them are shit in duel
really makes me think

dude, you dont know what you are talking about.
just stop it.

>The only way I can rationalize BJ, Visor and Clutch is that they're meant to be "Duel mode" characters. Visor's active certainly is at its peak usefulness in Duel, where a single frag is very important and you can use it to know where someone spawned to hound them for a follow-up frag

BJ was only good on corrupted keep because of no railgun and LG being the primary weapon. Also the map was small so you were not forced to move around a lot with his dogshit mobility.

After the nerf BJ completely vanished from any modes. He's slow, his hp/armor is low, his ability is shit.

Visor's active can be used to help secure powerups and his passive to run the skull
Visor and clutch I think are much more useful as part of a team than in duel

They need to change something with Visor's acceleration because his speed is fairly useless without air control.

>killsen shaking his mouse with LG
HAK HACKR FUK CHEATN BAN REPIOERTGV RPEORT BAN

dead game

did 5 LG god rune challange with him yesterday, took me 6 hours and i was left exhausted af

twitch tv/quakechampions

dreamhack denver quali

you do know that you can just do 19x lightning gun kills with someone like anaraki and finish the last 20th lg gun for the medal with clutch, do you?

Has the classic Doomguy model been ripped yet?

Doomguy is already fucking ripped

In a more recent Q/A they said they aren't interested in touching his speed unless the new buff coming to his active doesn't help enough.

Doesn't work anymore.

It is you who don't. I wager you don't even know how to bhop and have just been SJing as Sorlag/Anarki this whole time

I liked this post.

I didnt

also I would be pissed if it did worked still, thanksI feel pretty satisfied with myself for finishing it in one day playing drunk after a whole week of work

since when?

they really fucked up with the lore scrolls, I dont even try to farm them. just picking them em whenever I see them and I still gathered a shit ton of shards.
there is no incentive to buy weapon cosmetics or other skins now.

Faggot tier
>Sorlag, Anarki, Doomguy
Balanced tier
>Slash, Garena, Nyx, Scalebearer
Undershit tier:
>BJ, Ranger, Clutch

>scalebearer
>balanced

He is

>Doomguy
>Faggot tier
>undershit tier