/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #955 - Hooters Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

tgs.sega.jp/stage/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tRfXcniN3kk
twitter.com/SuperMario_UK/status/911621195119783936
strawpoll.me/13991813
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PREGNANT
HEDGEHOG
BOOTY

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

How does this image make you feel?

Rouge is his adoptive big sister, please do not ship incest.

>Sonic and Hooters

Surreal timeline, this.

First for best threesome. BEST THREESOME!

i tried

So apparently, Sonic Forces is only 7 GB on the Switch. Less than half of what it is for PS4/XB1

Who wants to see these guys come back for classic and modern games alike?

So are the other 9GB on PS4/Xbone just 4K assets?

>adoptive
Nothing wrong with that then.

>big sister
Oh shit you just made this ship even better for me.

Good shit

Childhood is when you idolize Jason Griffith
Adulthood is when you realize Ryan Drummond makes more sense.

How long will the music panel be? What all can they talk about music?

Will we get a new song?

Indifferent, because they weren't that great of actors and not worth the effort of remembering.

me

It's going to be as long as today's panel, so half an hour.
tgs.sega.jp/stage/index.html
Most of it is probably the mini concert.

Finished , but I can't post it here.

Guess I'll post it in the /trash/ Sonic thread.

That's actually 1 GB smaller than Lost World. Likely due to the graphical downgrade.

Also mirror.co.uk gave a preview for Forces. Not much to say on it, the person clearly wasn't a Sonic fan but said that it'll be a game fans enjoy.

Great

Happy as a clam.

So far, we've migrated 618 of those images to the new booru. If we can get it up to all 5,027 of the stash as soon as possible, that'd be great. But the question is, how long will that take?

It's horrifying. I like it.

Probably not that long. It's easy to download them from the previous booru and there's probably a mass uploader that can be used to put them on the new one.

It's the tagging that'll kill you.

why Hooters?

Are they not being picky with their sponsors?

It's likely a Japan-only thing & they don't really care as much about Hooters there as we do here.

>Hooters got a Sonic tie-in deal before fucking Sonic
Is there some kind of legal thing keeping it from happening? That's the only way I can explain it.

That's the spirit!

Isn't someone else already doing that as we speak?

I didn't even know Japan had a Hooters.

There are no Sonics in Japan. This Sonic x Hooters thing is Japan-only.

I'm going through some of the 'tagme' uploads and adding some while I wait for food.

Me neither, but I guess it shouldn't be too surprising. It's funny how some people are honestly bashing SEGA for this, like they're damaging the integrity of the Sonic brand. I mean yeah it's a funny thing to think about, but odd stuff like this has happened before

DELETE THIS

Rouge belongs with Knuckles. I mean, it is canon, after all.

Am I the only one who thinks Infinite sounds like Dan Green?

When's this new Forces shit going down today? Is it going to be streamed at all?

c-cute

It's Liam O'Brien. The dude does like one voice and that's it.

CONGRATULATIONS /sthg/

YOU HAVE

PASSED DOOMSDAY ZONE ACT 2392017.

youtube.com/watch?v=tRfXcniN3kk

>Sonic shipping

>canon

Hooters has been in Japan since 2010
Sonic Drive-In not only is not in Japan, but is in Copyright contention occasionally with Sega. So don't expect that to ever happen.

Beautiful.

Kids, there's nothing cooler than playing a Sonic game you like. But if someone tries to force you to play a Sonic game you think is ass, that's no good. It's your PS3. No one has the right to tell you what Sonic games to play on it. So what do you do? First, you say "NO". Then, you get outta there! Most important, you gotta tell someone you trust. Like your parent, a teacher, a police officer, or Sega technical support.

twitter.com/SuperMario_UK/status/911621195119783936

>Nintendo managed to make proper Rolling physics in the 3D Game than SEGA did in ever.

WAKE THE FUCK UP SONIC TEAM

>dat Scratch

>Mario Odyssey has rolling physics
Welp, giving how big of a Mario fanboy Iizuka (allegedly) is, the next Sonic game will have just that

You know, I'm not bother at all by the Hooters thing, even more, I think Sonic needs to be promoted everywhere to reinvigorate the franchise, the same way Nintendo is doubling the promotion efforts. It's good. Hope SEGA of America can find advertising deals like this.

Well, they have been known to shiptease. Especially between Knuckles and Rouge.

You can roll down hills to gain speed in the Adventure games man.

>mario has to steal from sonic in order to be good
Take that, Marioposter!

Goddammit, I want October to come already, I need Odyssey.

he's probably exaggerating / forgetting about it, but i think the point is that Sonic Team's completely forgotten physics for the sake of spectacle

Not to mention, it's a Japan-only deal that likely isn't as funny there as it is here.

It makes me wonder how could Sonic Team try to combine the Boost with good physics. Maybe they could try for a 3D version of the Boost Mode mechanic from Advance 2?

It's not like SEGA ever tried to make a 3D Sonic game based around momentum and fast platforming, which is fucking retarded because the reason why people loved sonic in the first place was exactly that.

how embarassing

I feel like they haven't done anything between those two since they're initial bit in sa2.

It depends on the level context. If there's long spans of road or platforming that don't have much to interrupt the player (or perfect movement = no break in the flow), an automatic boost could work so long as it isn't disorienting. Though that would fuel more arguments that the game's just become akin to a rhythm memorization sort of thing. If slower-paced platforming and otherwise are expected or you're even fully expected to explore 3D environments in the respective title, an automatic boost of maintained speed would need to be something small after running in a direction very shortly or else it'd be unwieldy and potentially useless outside of specific level design.

Speed should be a reward, but 3D Sonic is a bitch to follow this philosophy on. I can see why Sonic Team simplified it to "fast or not fast", but level design is hard to accommodate for no matter the style you use.

im played, it feels good to control but I think precise platforming will be a struggle.

If you accept the "boost is like a racing game" analogy, "boost with actual momentum physics" would be Wipeout.

SA1 and SA2 to a less extent

Stop this revisionist history

Fuck off shilling, Lange.

Incredible pic!

Based lange.

I really want SEGA to take notes from that, it has everything people want from a Sonic game.

Lange should show more than this with better level design first

Kuroinu Sonic when?

lol
Not really. The level design is garbage.
Sonic fans really need to stop obsessing over muhmentum and realize that physics don't automatically make a good game.

That's it. I'm downloading it. I'll be back

>blushy silver
i wanna kiss him

>talk about gameplay
>the only complaint ever is that level-design is shit hurr
>on a fucking proof-of-concept tier demo
Nice to know that none of you fags can deny the fact that Utopia's gameplay is tight af

Check /trash/

Well user, level design is important for a game to be good. I like the physics well enough, but I need to see more before sucking Lange's dick

Are you really this retarded?
The fact that it's a proof-of-concept demo is exactly what makes it so retarded to claim that "This is what Sonic fans want!"
That's why everyone tells you the level design is horrid because there are no stages.

>the only complaint ever is that level-design is shit hurr
But that isn't true. If you looked at the archives or seen past discussion there has been legitimate criticism that extended beyond "the level design is shit".

strawpoll.me/13991813

this gets posted literally every thread holy shit fuck off somewhere

It also has classic Sonic in green hill zone. It gets all the recognition. But if it instead had modern sonic rolling through a city instead, it wouldn't get nearly as much attention.

One problem with Mania's soundtrack is that it got phoned in later on. Tee remixeed the hell outta CD tracks, the new zones are great and Act 2s of zones that didn't have varied music before really mix things up. But for the S3&K music, they're barely changed besides being updated, and some instrumentation being tweaked like the guitar for Lava Reef 2. I also personally believe Titanic Monarch's pretty forgettable due to its focus on being more ambient to the zone, even though it fits the final zone well; reminds me of Jacques' work with 3D Blast.

No you fucking retard, the demo is to show the game's pyshics and how it plays, this level was made in this way for the sake of spectacle. It's not fair to talk shit about it's level design, when it was their purpose to cram as much as they could in this level so they could impress the audience that wants to see how the game plays.
Don't reply to me ever again you brainless dipshit.

>"I am doctor Mario and I prescribe high-fives!"

Except that's not actually a proof-of-concept of anything.
All they did was apply a physics engine to a Sonic model.
Wow.
That doesn't mean the physics work for actual levels. That doesn't mean it would allow for excellent level design and good gameplay. All it does is stroke the "muhmentum" crowd's dick that sprang up after Sonic 4 was released.

It's good that Forces is full of high-fives!

Can SAGE come around already so we can actually see what Lange has in mind for Utopia's level design?
Maybe we can argue about it then

Uhh... um... it's call a umm... fist bump

Also, if it were in an actual game, people would start calling it out for pandering towards nostalgia since it's Green Hill, but it's alright here since it's a only fangame.

Ok, then save your "muh level design" complaint AFTER they make a stable release alright?
Calm your hate boner until that

cute business kitty!

There's high-fives too. Like during the duo stages before activating the super boost.

Haven't you realised it won't stop at this point?

This. I'd rather wait & see Utopia's gameplay in an actual stage before I start jerking him off. Good level design is important in a good game & I don't see the point in fanboying for Lange until we see more than a fucking tech demo

Are you seriously mocking people who want good level design in a game series center around completely levels?
Seriously?
Are you this retarded?
How can someone shill this fucking hard

This is exactly what I said like a week ago. I agree wholeheartedly. Titanic Monarch fits well but I wish it had that catchy factor like Death Egg, Metallic Madness and even shit like Egg Utopia did.

She looks like she works at a hostess cafe, drawing hearts on your omlettes with catsup and casting spells to make it tastier.

What's next, secret handshakes between Classic Sonic and Tails?

so something like this?

Sometimes I feel really bad about liking Honey the Cat.
She's just a cat cosplaying as a character in another fighting game.
There's nothing good about her, but I love her.