/acg/ - Armored Core General

Guess who it is again edition.

Moldy bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Does Tower City Babel take place in the AC3 continuity or is it in its own little world?

It's a weird mix, it uses AC3 ACs but seems to have different factions and uses Human Plus instead of OP Intensify.

Post your favorite Arms Fort fights.

Have you guys seen that "Left Alive" Trailer yet? is this the one boys?

Yep.

And, nope.

Yes. It's a metal gear solid ripoff set in the Front Mission universe with Wanzers instead of Metal Gears.

It actually looks like it will be pretty good, but not very unique.

Bump.

this mix of 4th and 5th gen parts excites me

I don't know the answer to this question and now I want to replay AC4 to find out

Bump

Do I just suck or is AC4 hard as hell?

Hi there, new to the series, trying to play all of them in order.

I'm having a problem with AC2 though. If a mission ends while some sort of sound is looping like a helicopter or something, the sound persists after the mission into the Nerves Concord and beyond until I reset the game.

Is this a well-known problem? I'm not even playing on emulator, I'm playing on real hardware. Beginning to think I should have just emulated the games if there are problems like this...

It's very easy. Probably about as easy as AC3 but harder than ACFA. I think FA might be the only game easier than AC4.

Her'es my rankings:

Very Easy
>ACFA

Easy
>AC3
>AC4

Moderate
>ACSL
>AC2
>ACV
>AC1
>ACPP

Hard
>AC2:AA
>ACNX
>ACMOA
>ACVD

Very Hard
>ACLR
>ACNB

>I'm having a problem with AC2 though. If a mission ends while some sort of sound is looping like a helicopter or something, the sound persists after the mission into the Nerves Concord and beyond until I reset the game.

>Is this a well-known problem? I'm not even playing on emulator,
Yep. AC2 had a lot of code issues (you'll encounter a mission later that runs at 15fps...) and even being on an emulator doesn't help much unless you have really good CPU. That's just a known issue with the code.

AC2's a good title but the developers had yet to really figure out how to code for Ps2 when it came out.

>trying to play all of them in order.
This is actually kind of a bad idea since most people recommend starting with AC2, AC3, ACV, or ACFA first.

The good news is that it only gets better from here on, though some of the later games are going to be "too easy" for you now that you have experience with the early ones.

Oh, okay. That's a bit of a relief at least. It's so annoying though.

I would find it really hard to go back to the PSX games now after trying AC2.

I didn't really have many problems with them though, MOA had a few weird difficulty quirks but I mostly just got carried by the FINGER (yes, the nerfed version)

>I would find it really hard to go back to the PSX games now after trying AC2.

ACMoA to AC2 was the biggest leap in quality for the series, but the series improved over time and peaked with ACLR, which is probably the most refined of all the classic games.

For AC4 and ACV they changed a lot of the gameplay, graphics got better and online was added but it's not always a "better" game overall, so while they're good they're probably not an upgrade as much as a different style of gameplay entirely.

this AC design always confused me
>big beefy armored legs and torso
>tiny radar head
>but weapons that don't lock on

Style over substance

bump