/simg/ Simulation Games General

I'm literally shaking edition

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkWTR6aEpjZlI4SDg/
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TL;DR: Your pain setting up controls is over

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PH939PITrGU
youtube.com/watch?v=lp0-TgQb3lI
youtube.com/watch?v=PtH_2FJ9loc
youtube.com/watch?v=uTYK-o4iRYs
youtube.com/watch?v=GtOI9NHmrOI
vimeo.com/2950519
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PFM Su-33 guys
Don't be scared that probe doesn't go in after pressing ctrl+r after refueling
Press CTRL+R and just wait 2 minutes and it will slide itself. It's clearing the fuel

1st for re**itors are dumb niggers

cute but i still cant land this piece of shit on the carrier without bouncing off. Best case i end up hanging on the front of the ship like one of those pirate mermaid statue things.

sunny day

What speed are you comming at? Maybe you're from too much above? Try to go at ~320 and little bit from top but not completely
I found it way easier than vanilla, because in vanilla you just crash for no reason most of times

I saw Ralfidude at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

WIP DCS explosion effects
youtu.be/PH939PITrGU

>Just did vertical landing with Su-33
now I've tried everything

>Typical FC3 knowledge
I've assembled one before, so I probably know way more about it than you do; armchair fag.

Shouldn't you go full throttle when you hit the deck to prevent this from happening?

HEXFAG I CALL YOU FROM DEAD

I will be hosting Liberation (capture the island long-term campaign) on Sahrani TODAY from 2100 until o'dark thirty American Pacific time.
The server name will be 'No DCSfags Allowed', and the password will be 'ops'.
The required mods are shown in this picture, no DLC should be required. Discord will be used for VoIP.

why AREN'T dcs fags allowed?

Because we accept only DCSautists

Nice stuff

wtf i spawned into bluefag with an su33 and i was banned before i even took off

>American Pacific time
what?

what letters do i have to press to use the bombs like this?

Are you retarded? The Pacific coast of America, that time-zone.

>how to get hard in under 4 seconds.webm

>The Pacific coast
the what? OwO

face on the keyboard

Nice jokes

Left Control+V

Do you guys still hate "civshit" ?

We never did lad, if there is 1 or 2 guys who do, don't mind them. Civ sims are wide open

That's good to hear

>shoot missile
>it tracks away from bandit
thanks dcs

They haven't realised yet that we've been paid to UP our dude with that fake death, holy jesus hoggit is so dumb

They won't ever, people fell for his silly girlfriend theory
I had a quick chat with him yesterday, and he said he didn't get any improvement in views or subscribers
He is willing to pay like 50 bucks this time if we do this again after like half year, maybe he will even give his twitter or discord and later say that it's been hacked and he didn't see because he was with his girlfriend again
Imagine how fucking perfect would that stunt pull of, this time mods would do the CSS on reddit, and pinned confirmed thread

kinda sucks that models and stuff don't look good when close, but at the same time imo it's good because resources can be used for landscape and such

part of the reason I gave up on civ flight sims is that no one really cared about trying to make them look better.
Even FSX looks just as primitive as flanker does despite coming out the same time as IL2:1946

and the consensus seemed to be the same
"If you want graphics, go play Ace Combat."

>I've assembled one before
And yet you think it's name is "the ball" and is manually operated.
>t. FC3 player BTFO

are you the same user I sent the "OK,3 Art of the Carrier Landing" link to?

Where is that?

Polish-Russian border.

>And yet you think it's name is "the ball" and is manually operated.
The light on it is called "The ball", and the signal lights ARE manually operated. I'm sorry you're fucking stupid and think you know everything about them.
Also I own most of the modules in DCS.
>t. retard shitposter blown the fuck out
>back to his shitty armchair he goes.

Also you don't know if Vasis and Papis are frensel lenses despite the fact that me and one other posted posted illustrations of them last thread.

armchair fag here,

I thought I would share some of my youtube finds on the VASI/FLOLS/LSO
Enjoy,

youtube.com/watch?v=lp0-TgQb3lI
FLOLS theory
youtube.com/watch?v=PtH_2FJ9loc
FLOLS operation/testing
youtube.com/watch?v=uTYK-o4iRYs
VASI/VGSI History and theory
youtube.com/watch?v=GtOI9NHmrOI
LSO duties, history, training

No lad, never did.
>tfw Xplane 11 is too damn expensive

There was a video posted last thread that went over all of this in a simulator environment and explained their various functions
vimeo.com/2950519

Also if anyone is going to fly the su-33, they need to see that.

my point, genius, is that frensel lenses have NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THEY WORK, it's a design feature to SAVE THE PHYSICAL AMOUNT OF GLASS (or other material) NEEDED TO BEND LIGHT

You should have bought it when it was on sale like I did.
Wait until Christmas.

>I know
>I posted it
:-)

>my point, genius, is that frensel lenses have NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THEY WORK
I'm not the same guy that said that. I'm the guy that posted the illustration demonstrating that wasn't how they worked. I posted this one. You decided to come by after I long left the thread and call me an FC3 fag and completely ignore that guy.

See, this is why you don't butt into conversations unless you know how many people are talking, because that guy has long since left the conversation.

Not him, but I think he's complaining that everyone calls them frensel lenses, when infact "frensel" is just the type of lens used for the lens part and is purely incidental rather than specific to its operation. A regular lens would work just as well, only it'd be bigger and heavier.

What the fuck are you guys talking about. Ralfi payed to have you guys pretend he died?

That's the most ridiculous fucking thing i've ever heard and i refuse to believe it without concrete evidence.

Thanks for not posting the image there, Veeky Forums.
Well who cares about that?

>To Low

>To High

There are a lot of developers devoted to make fsx/p3d/xplane better, but at this point nobody expects miracles

>Well who cares about that?
He does apparently. I'm sure you can think of other times when people regularly misnomer something.

>Most of DCS fags don't even own a trainer here
>they're crashing jets instead
lmao at your crash

Joke's on you fag, I bought the hawk.

Did you refund it?

No. ;_;

Jesus christ user, sorry for money loss

I got a trainer for DCS.

It's called the TF-51 :^)

I genuinely think they should make a low-fidelity l-39 and give that away free with the game just so people have some experience with flying a plane that flies like a plane.
Too many people in multiplayer, I've found, hop in the SU-25 an immediately jump off the runway, stall, and then crash.
That's if they use the runway at all and not find a flat section of taxiway or parking.

L-39 Albatros is quite fun.

>I'm not the same guy that said that.
Okay. I was replying to this poster If that's not you, then I don't get why you jumped in.

That user posted,
>there's no reason they couldn't make frensel-lens lights for runways

To which I keep pointing out, the lens design has nothing to do with how a VASI works. All you're doing when you call everything a "frensel lens" (even if it does have them) is confusing people with irrelevant terminology. Instead of everybody being on the same page on what a OLS/VASI/PAPI is, you're now making them think about what shape the glass in front of the bulb is, because the Navy needed some way to differentiate the new OLS from the old Mirror.

Case in point

>ayy i guess it's 4 fresnel lenses at different angles

I get it, man. The Navy uses this terminology to differentiate generations of the same thing. It's hard enough for these F15 kids, they're going to be completely swamped when the Hornet drops

>t. armchair simdad

Okay, this was an obvious miscommunication and moment of confusion, my apologies.

Apologies here, too. It's cool you worked on those things, I didn't realize how complicated they were until I watched all those videos I posted. They are WWWAAAYY more complicated than the VASI at the local airport.

I think there were like three different posters when I now see that there were four. One guy was posting about the Tree, I was posting about vasi/papi lights before and after discussion of the OLS, and one guy kept going on about frensel lenses.

The thing about civsims is that no one wants to give up their giant library of planes
Which is understandable, I know. Everyone has their plane with their realistic flight model, and giving up is hard.
But that said, there just needs to be a sim that wants to give a reasonable number of planes while giving the best experience possible. The last sims I remember playing like that was Flight Sim 98 and Flight Unlimited 2. (Flight Unlimited still has the best ATC modeling of any sim I can remember).

Sadly instead we get things like sims wanting to count each new skin for their 172 as 'A new plane'. Yeah, that border patrol skin for your 150 is different from the regular skin for the 150. We can count that as two planes! Our sim has almost 50 planes you can fly! Not the same six planes reskinned eight times each!
That shit pisses me right off.

They should make the MiG-29A free once they give it the standalone treatment so at least something happens to the A and it gives free players an actual fighter to play with.

They're pretty fun, though! I would love if they were given a bit more care in games like DCS.
I fear we won't see a full simulation, including operator, until the Hornet comes out. I remember Janes Navy Fighters '96 having a realistic simulation of one nearly 20 years ago at this point.

>no $15 GPS

I have the F5. Do you think I should get the L39 or would that be redundant?

That would be fun.
At the same time I keep holding out hope for them finding their balls and making the SM full fidelity. I feel doing that might spell the end for those hopes.

did you try holding the power button for give seconds? i heard that makes you automatically win.

SU-33 PFM is just for 2.1 now, right? Any timetable for 1.5?

It's in 1.5 now you fool

Stable?

Beta

they say it's open beta only but it's in stable too.

open beta

They might push it to stable next week if there's no bugs.

Its in stable. I didn't do anything to update to open beta and was flying it all day yesterday.

So how do I get it? Just install beta?
I'm only asking because I'm not sure my favorite server has it yet.

Just fucking wait until next week when it comes out on the stable version, user.

Oka, thank you

I should add, it's only commin gon stable if it's bug free.
It won't be bug free- this is DCS after all, but if it's stable enough for beta 1.5, it'll come out on stable version pretty soon.

This is in one hour.

Think about it, if it went sucessfully he would get popular story and a lot of people would find his yt channel, and he could get more views
What evidence do you need lmao, think about it

Forgot to mention, you're not getting your part faggot

Bruh i literally just told you, its an automatic update. I'm not on beta and its in game. I flew it on the servers yesterday.

Have you even launched DCS in the last day?

But where is the proof to the claims you did

wtf guys i LOVE canards now. They work really hard to keep your plane stable and I think they are cute.

Thank you canards.

>proof
>Can't think logically
I have all the proof, but even if I gave that, you would be HURR DURR MY RALFI DINDU NUFFIN

>I have proof
>I won't present it
You know you sound pathetic right?

Su-47 for DCS when

>You sound pathetic
>He still haven't thought about gains ralfi would get
You're pathetic yourself fag

does it get missiles?

X-ray your head retarded and start thinking

it had an internal bay

>figure something else out
>waah ad revenue is trash