/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23
youtube.com/watch?v=J5XZzTq_gzI
youtube.com/watch?v=avGxYNgrmxs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Woops, forgot to add this to the OP.

New SMT HD project info coming October 23rd.
gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

LAW SUCKS

What a disgrace that Scathach and Parvati are mid game demons in the modern games. Always have good memories of them wrecking shit in Nocturne

I want to mindbreak her

DSJ might make Zelenin more likeable, I kinda was on the hate bandwagon but it's easy to forget Sector B's torture chambers without any animations

I agree, this is making me see that dungeon in a different light

post ost
youtube.com/watch?v=J5XZzTq_gzI

Is this homestuck lol?

the beginning of this song reminds me of another boss battle theme from a different series but for the life of me i cant think of it. maybe pokemon?

What would you say are the canon demons for each protagonist?

I still don't like her.
Sympathise sure, but not like.
Want to fuck her though.
>talking about suffocation, forced to drink corrosive or poisonous liquids, brain surgeries which completely rip out that shit, blood draining and mutations by sector D's water
>not already being seen as horrific
That shit sticks in your brain considering how happy the demons are about it.
Especically since you swim in said water two sectors later. Thank God for the Demonica

its a shitpost by this point, so basically

Hero = Cerberus, duh
Aleph = dunno
Demi = Pixie, duh
Doomdude = Nobody fuck this old fart
Flynn = dunno
Nanashi = Daddy Dagda

>Aleph = dunno

cerberus and nadja

Demi-Fiend in DDS has Pixie, Parvati, Girimekhala, Cu Chulainn, Arahabaki, and Titania

Flynn has Masakado

>Doomdude = Nobody fuck this old fart
>not Demonhee ho
There needs to be an animated cutscene with this guy.

Speaking of which is the Masakado / Archangels fight much more difficult? I got the DLC and I'm planning to eventually beat it, but I'm only level 40 right now

Hero=Cerberus
Aleph=Cerberus, or I guess maybe Nadja if that counts.
Demi=Pixie
Doomguy=Demonee-ho because why the fuck not.
Flynn=Tenkai or Masakado
Nanashi=Dagda

He should have had Daisoujou.

What would happen if Dagda revived Nanashi on SMT4's chaos route?

Masakado is much harder.

Like Mem Aleph hard or DDS Demi Fiend hard? I love the game but I'm not sure if I'm down to grinding incenses to 999 or whatever

Requires other DLCs to beat hard.

Nanashi'll be the one to trigger the Chaos ending then

>trying to fight david in Strange Journey
DUDE JUST BLIGHT BLIGHT BLIGHT BLIGHT BLIGHT BLIGHT BLIGHT BLIGHT BLIGHT BLI

isn't it deblightful

Sounds like Shinjuku in IV. God fuck Macabre Shinjuku Blight IV and Megaten.

Sounds like a blightmare

>finally get the upper hand
>his indicator goes from green to red
>literally LITERALLY blights me three times in a row, effectively wiping me and shitting on my corpse

ZAP MOTHERFUCKER

Has anyone here played Nocturne Hardtype? How is it?

Yes. More of a chore than any fun, at least for me. Possibly enjoyable if you enjoy autistically fusing things to the maximum.

>Possibly enjoyable if you enjoy autistically fusing things to the maximum.
Wait, people don't like doing that?

Fiends in SJ were quite something. I remember my ass clenching fight vs Trumpeter in sector H took me a long while. When the scanner revealed what I had just defeated it was pretty amazing.
I never got all the fiends in that game, were they just low encounter chance with enemy scan?

Finally got past medusa, now i can play the real game

Nice, EA man.

Draw Flynn

errol flynn?

cucksona is the future of megaten

Yes. Only exceptions being David (Ex Mission where you save some strike team members that were lost in action during the Mitras Palace raid) and Mother Harlot (Final angel challenge, law aligment locked)

Thanks. I think I only got Matador, Trumpeter and one of the riders. I must have killed like a hundred Genmas at least, no luck

Reminder that Spiral Nemesis has the best fusion sequence.

youtube.com/watch?v=avGxYNgrmxs

Can anyone explain the Axium/Great Will to me? I don't understand what it's supposed to be.

Something that should have never existed,

it's the monad
yhvh is the demiurge

So what was Dagda even doing during IV?

Wasn't Cernnuos trying to revive him in a quest?

Jacking off in his own personal weird afterlife, saying, "Hey kid, wanna live again as my personal slave?"

Worse than YHVH in Final

yeah it was something like this, he was in a sidequest

help me find the strength to finish the 4th brane in YHVH's universe, ive put off beating this damn game for so long

If you get the final enemy search the fiend encounter rate increases i believe.

Its a real shame its not translated. Wish someone would tackle it instead of that last bibble game.

You're on the final stretch user. If you don't finish you'll miss out on two great bosses.

leave your friends bro

In other words,

it's good for your brain

Whatever that means.

*tips fedora*

why is this artist so fucking bad

A better question is how he is so popular.

>how he is so popular.
tits

raidou

Dude i like tits more than the next guy does but not when they look that fucking bad

he may be bad but he gave us the best protagonist

1/2

Its basically the source of everything that exists, but in an emanationistic sense where it also -is- everything that exists. Its the underlying reality of... well, reality, and that includes everything in it. What it -is- is deliberately vague, since every side interprets it slightly differently, and all the sides have slightly pantheistic leanings about it. In its most abstract it is the underlying laws of the multiverse. Some of these laws can be bent, and the beings inside them aren't sure why they exist or what the ultimate nature of ultimate reality is. Its true nature is beyond comprehension.

In terms of "being" everything, it is reality itself. So its not really good or evil or even independently sentient, because reality itself is its mind. Demons and humans are its thoughts, and these thoughts do not always align. Its the underlying world soul that your individual self emerges from. That's why when you die people say you return to it. Your soul is returning to the underlying essence it came from. Its not really independently sentient in the way gods are, but it has a kind of latent "flow" such that people often anthropomorphize its actions, as if it did. Kind of like how "the force" in star wars is seen as producing a messiah despite not being sentient. The great will is like that, except its actions are "reactions" to human actions. Observation is a kind of existentialist / social constructionist power of humans to make different divisions along the world soul, leading to the creation of certain gods from pieces of it.

The important thing to realize is that these gods are real gods. They really do moderate aspects of reality. Even if human-created. The gods who rule a universe often represent so much of reality that some of them (mainly yhvh) consider themselves de-facto the face of it, because they think they represent the "important" aspects.

2/3

This isn't just a lie, but a perspective. Yhvh thinks he "represents" monotheism and divine command theory, and so his authority represents in his precence making him represent what he considers the "important" parts of the great will. Kind of like in real hinduism, where everyone is kind of part of brahman, but only shiva or the mahabrahma are considered faces of god in the direct sense. This is why yhvh simply calls himself the great will, or sometimes "god." Think of the world soul as something that inherently exists, but yhvh hoards all of it, and programs himself to -be- it, and thinks that it is right for him to do this because monotheism / divine command theory is true, and so him being in this position is something he considers -part- of it.

This is why in the ps2 games yhvh is conflated with the great will. Its kind of like in the wii fire emblem where the godess' order side banishes the chaos side and decides only order is really divine. There is underlying divinity to many slants as part of the great will, but yhvh declared half of it demonic, and so not fit to be called divine. And then presents himself as identical to the great will / "god". The act of rejecting him is simply the re-assertion that he is not really "different" from other gods in this unique way. But when you kill him, you are excising his control over it. And he is forced to admit at that point that it and him are not the same. This is probably why lucifer in I and nocturne drops confusing hints about how he is a part of god / darkness was created by the great will. Yhvh represents a chunk of its order side in reality, but that is not the entirity, and it doesn't give him the status he claims. Darkness is part of it as well.

3/3

This is also why the games reference kabbalah so much. In the kabbalah, the ein sof emanates both light and darkness. But god in his tangible form is itself a limited vessel to convey the will of the infinite, and represents the light, and the light is considered the good side. Satanists and occultists often take inspiration from the kabbalah, saying that it is wrong to think the light is truly the "superior" side in this way, when both sides are a part of the ein sof. Here the ein sof obviously played by the great will, and yhvh is the limited vessel that thinks it is "god." But the kabbalic aspects are present in the abyss as well to show that at best, right or wrong, its not as obvious or straightforward as yhvh is presenting it. Everything is part of / an emanation of this infinite. And whatever is right is right, but not because there is an inherent grand narriative to reality that inherently makes yhvh the good side.

>autistic homo

tl;dr version: record scratch is a blind idiot that thinks that is hot shit but is just a massive faggot

D-don't post a pic of the demiurge. E-eirikr says that yhvh "can't" be the demiurge because iva never explicitly says he is. Nevermind that SJ explicitly says he is.

>not Abel/10

YHVH technically acts in a role similar to the Demiurge, but he isn't the Demiurge in 4 at least. In 4 the Demiurge is his own thing that you can fight in a sidequest. However, in SJ the Demiurge is actually a part of YHVH. It's a bit confusing, but that's how it goes.

He totally is.

go away beadman jr

>jr

user, I have some bad news for you if you think that's someone else.

Will be autistic to wear a raidou cosplay 24/7?

There can be multiple versions of one being. There's like five different demons based on different interpretations of satan. Gaston's spear openly says archon michael on it. The implications are there.

Dang. I just remembered raidou guy. Why did we let that meme die? Smtg had the best mean personalities.

Tube bra?

its only autistic if you dont act in character

oh great, they're doing the thing where all the main characters spew a line about working together

>going bonds route

i was going to do massacre second, save the presumably better route for last

And you would be right.

For me both endings are unsatisfying overall. Bonds is literally a generic jrpg route and massacre just feels pointlessly edgy.

I really wish a divine powers route existed, I would even get it if it were dlc. Also I kind of hope in some future game massacre Nanashi is a postgame boss. Even have Stephen come and "I told you so".

Not sure if these were seen yesterday.

I didnt.

Would love to get the Demonica one.

Im happy that ATLUS gave SJ so much love after all the shenanigans regarding to it (Bad sales and not taking place in Tokyo)

the fight is really cool so far though

i bet theyre going to be overpriced

what enchantments do these have?

Now that I look at the box art again I wish we have something like a Dagda route, Flynn route with Flynn being actually prominent, and Divine Power route.

>presumably better

I have bad news for you.

I made it to blasted tokyo in IV ages ago and just never bothered to finish it, should I just move on to apocalypse?