/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 20] Notehax, a userland exploit, was released. mrnbayoh.github.io/notehax/
[Sep 12] ntrboot is now compatible with r4igold.cc and AR DS cards. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrboot-for-r4igoldcc-ards-ez-ardsi.483802/
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 21] Nintendont now supports the Wii U gamepad. There's also a forwarder channel that allows injecting Wii and GC VC. gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/page-56#post-7578188
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, expands multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Vita
[Sep 22] VitaShell 1.74 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/
[Sep 22] NoNPDRM 1.1 github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm
pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 17] psvgamesd released. Creates complete dumps of cartridge-based games, regardless of firmware. github.com/motoharu-gosuto/psvgamesd
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline 6 release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

Other urls found in this thread:

psdevwiki.com/ps3/Emulation#CONFIG_File
3ds-guide.b4k.co/finalizing-setup)?
vitadbs.000webhostapp.com/
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1.1
github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/tag/v2.2
github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/tag/v1.4.1
3ds.guide/updating-b9s
3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1
nfc-bank.com/bins.php?do=download&downloadid=1351
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The releases come with their own patches, but the emulator is the same.

psdevwiki.com/ps3/Emulation#CONFIG_File

Vita emulator when?
I want to dick around and make worthless homebrew apps, but not without a quick way to run builds.

Why are you trying to get people to start shitposting?

>Switch
>[Sep 21] Nintendont now supports the Wii U gamepad. There's also a forwarder channel that allows injecting Wii and GC VC.

fucking retard fix it

It's a legit question, I'm totally new to this general

>PS3: 3.55
Is downgrading with an E3 flasher still the best way to CFW a PS3? I've got a PS3 and an E3 flasher kit but I don't know if I want to go through all that trouble.

I just want to play Tales of Vesperia with the TL patch, is it less effort to install CFW or to just emulate it on a few-years-old gaming PC?

Fuck off back to where you cam from. Alternatively, lurk more, but I'd prefer if you went with the former.

pls respond

The guy who makes the guide is a huge autist, we have our own copy just in case he fuck up again.

Never

This is about as simple of an answer as I was looking for, thanks

Does the psvsdgames dumper allow us to play 3.61+ games?

No.

Are the save files made when playing injected GB games in a format that can be loaded with emulators on a PC?

I mainly just want to be able to use my pokes in R/B/Y or G/S/C with the Stadium games.

I imagine I could just use the emulators on the 3ds, but being able to use injected games would be nice

does anyone have a crystal clear case for their new 3ds? i cant take it off. how the fuck do you take this off

Is there any way to use a framerate counter on 3DS besides the NTR plugin?

>framerate counter
Why bother when there's nothing you can do to improve it?

To obsess and complain about it.

So, I just softmodded my N3DS and I couldn't pull up gm9 on boot after holding start (following the guide, finalization step). Is there an error in the guide under finalization section 1, point 11 (3ds-guide.b4k.co/finalizing-setup)? Should it actually be named start_godmode9.firm like it suggests on github?

Also, I assume that after I install NTR CFW I can start streaming my gameplay wirelessly. Can it be pointed at a generic endpoint instead of using the tools they suggest for Mac/PC on gbatemp? I ask because I'm running linux on my laptop, desktop, and servers.

enyone have gold/silver cia file?

Use the real guide site( 3ds.guide ), not the malware interested one.

it's on freeshop

*stutters*
Heh... Nothing personal

>interested
infested*

Forgot my image

No its not

How long till we can load DS games from memory?

is metroid, lady layton, monster hunter stories, mario &luigi, on freeshop? havent been on it

yes
no
yes
no

yes, no, yes, no

I saw that you can get a debug version of the vita trophy app on debug builds but the build is unable to communicate with psn. Is there a way of installing the retail trophy app with the debug version? I want to relock the trophies on a game since I messed around with the trophy db before and cant earn them legit now.

it doesnt seem like lady layton is anywhere. where the fuck is it? i thought it was out

The guide is identical. Should gm9 function as stated in the guide despite not being renamed?

Fuck off tranny.

>vitadbs.000webhostapp.com/

When rpcs3 guys decide to make one.

I thought you didn't go on Veeky Forums anymore Plaiboy

>sorry it's closed

It's not only the best way but the only way.

so, is there a way for me to update the title keys for free shop from my 3ds automatically, or do i have to take my sd card every time and put enctitlekeys in there when i want it updated?

Inside of the freeshop app under update, select both 'auto update' and 'download title keys from multiple URLs' while disabling auto-updating of freeshop at the bottom. And then hit the left most button next to the input field to scan a QR code (mixtape link in the guide) and it'll automatically grab it.

thank you

do GBA injects on the 3ds have a save file that would work with emulators on PC, or at least something you could back up? somebody asked this before but it got me wondering too

Yes, use godmode9, check the 3ds guide faq in the OP for details

why isn't godmode9 coming up when i boot my 3ds holding start? i have b9s. am i being dumb?

How long do you think it'll be until the Switch is hacked and is able to play physical and digital game backups? Another year from now?

5 hours

btw i thought i had b9s. i swear i fucking did this shit before. but im getting an error in lumaupdater and i cant use luma chainloader. so should i follow the a9lh to b9s guide again?

no waaaaaaaaaay

Dont really mess with homebrew much but question, I'm giving my 3DS to a younger sibling and its hacked, cant find any way to unlink my NIntendo ID because it just keeps throwing me back to "Do system transfer" or "Lose all your items" if i want to remove it completely. If I format it will it still be hacked or would it lose everything like Freeshop and such?

I do wonder how many threads its going to take before that error gets revised. ;)

it'll be hacked but you'll lose installed software
I'm pretty sure if you search a little harder there's a homebrew only method of removing your nnid

can somebody help me out.

im following the guide >Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu

this wont WORK.

I'm the guy that asked this before you in this thread, you must rename the file per the github readme (X_GodMode9.firm, where X is the button you want to use). Then follow the guide verbatim.

like this? it still won't work. what is going on

It might be case sensitive, as my entry is exactly 'X_GodMode9.firm' and works flawlessly if I hold down 'x' on boot.

chainloader only occurs when you have more than one payload and if you already installed b9s then the safeinstaller doesn't count

case doesn't matter at all

well i changed it and to exactly that and it still doesnt work. god damn. i thought i updated to b9s when it first came out. suddenly wanted to use godmode9 for GBA stuff but now luma chainloader wont work. luma updater wont work either because i dont have b9s apparently. i followed all the directions here 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and get stuck at

so then what do i do? how do i use godmode9, how do i update luma? i already copied the latest boot.firm but it doesnt show that luma updated

I just downloaded Pokemon Silver and Metroid on my new 3DS but both games are stuck on the 3DS screen when I try to launch them. I can play older titles I have downloaded fine, and the downloads work on my other 3DS, which has battery issues so I can't really use it.
Anyone here who might know what's wrong?

first things first: can you boot Luma at all? boot the 3DS while holding select.

also post a screen of the root of your sd.

It would automatically start godmode9 if you're on b9s, use a .bin instead

So I fucked up and ciangel is only making tickets. How do I fix this. I want to play Samus Returns

what firmware are you on? SR requires 11.2 minimum

don't know about Pokemon but I'm assuming it's the same

11.1, Haven't updated in ages since I don't play online. Will try updating now.

yes i can boot with select to luma config. i am at 7.1

it still didnt work

drop the latest Luma boot.firm in there and tell me what happens:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1.1

does the 3DS still boot properly?

you mean put the latest boot.firm into the root of my SD card? i did this like 3 times already

yes. put the latest (8.1.1) boot.firm in the root of your SD card.

what happened? did the 3DS boot properly?

and why are you using 7.1?

and yes it boots properly

It works now, thanks for the help

it boots properly. i copied the latest boot.firm over to it several times.

i'm using 7.1 because luma updater wont update . i keep getting this error

>Luma Updater 1.4.2

probably because you're using an ancient fucking version.

github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/tag/v2.2

not that it matters, updating means dropping the latest boot.firm at the root. if you did that with 8.1.1, then you have the latest Luma.

delete everything in the luma/payloads folder, copy the latest godmode9 in there and try again:

github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/tag/v1.4.1

does any one have a link to shin megami tensei iv region free cia, pastebin link is dead

what is that 11.6 magnethax you speak of?
there is nothing new on 3ds.guide or pastebins

ntrboot

okay. i did.

i reinstalled luma, and i am now at v2.2. when i go on luma, it still says i am at 7.1. i tried updating it, and the error this time says to update to the latest version of luma, you need to update boot9strap first.

i deleted everything in payloads, and put start_godmode9.firm in there like you said. still doesnt work when i hold start.

i have tried following this 3ds.guide/updating-b9s

but still get stuck on the same part
>Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
this doesn't work.

should i try that again or what.

and pic

I *think* I know what's going on. you /do/ have the 8.1.1 boot.firm in your root, right?

if so, you probably have b9s 1.0 and luma set up in your ctrnand. since b9s is not recognizing the one in your sd (because 8.1.1 is incompatible with 1.0), it's booting the one in your ctrnand.

try dropping the 7.1 payload in there and then following 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1

delete everything in your luma/payloads folder again before copying over the safeb9sinstaller payload just to be sure.

so this is weird. on my old 3ds that was reset after a system move to another 3ds console, i loaded freeshop and it had all my games listed on there that were on my 3ds when my account was on it. is that intended?

what do I do with my Sony SD card after setting up sd2vita?
wipe it? can games be read from both uma0 and ux0?

>you /do/ have the 8.1.1 boot.firm in your root, right?
yes

>try dropping the 7.1 payload in there and then following 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-b9s
alright. i did that. and it actually worked this time.

but after this step
>When prompted, input the key combo given to install boot9strap

i got this error. and now my 3ds will only boot to this.

would the latest nightly luma build help?

luma 7.1 is probably incompatible with b9s 1.2.

now that b9s is (hopefully) updated, put the 8.1.1 boot.firm in the root and try again.

i just got into the configuration for luma 8.1.1. damn thanks a lot. i thought i was dead. anything i should check?

you can leave it as it is. but most people will tell you to check the nand string so you know Luma is working properly.

godmode9 should be working now and the new updater should also update the luma in your ctrnand, so run it at least once even though you're already on 8.1.1.

everything works great. cant thank you enough

ayy fampies
anyone know that recent famicom? homebrew gaidan game that came out for the nes/famicom... it was a joke game about losing weight
i just remembered a old thread about it and now im getting autistic i can't remember the name

How bad is the FPS in minecraft on the fucking 3DS, should I even bother trying it?

Haven't tried it myself but I've heard from quite a few people it's pretty atrocious.
Also seen a video clip linked in one of these threads where the FPS was dipping into the mid-teens.

What's the best way to adjust the resolution of NES VC games on the 3DS?

gbatemp's only result is using some obsolete dumping file that seems like it's pretty long-winded, is there a faster way in 2017?
I hate the stretched look, no I don't care that it's more accurate to CRT TVs. I wish there were something like a pixel perfect mode that SNES games have.

>Minecraft on anything but the PC

11.6 sad day counter: 4

Is it possible to play ds games on the 3ds? I want to get Cory in the house on there after I update to b9s.

>bothering with minecraft at all anymore

Having it truly portable added a bit of incentive but I'm likely not even going to bother pirating it.

Flashcart

Anybody have an injected CIA for Super Mario Bros. 3?
Whenever I try to inject it (eShop version runs at a bad resolution, so injecting NES games lets you play them at pixel perfect) I get a black screen when I run the game. I don't get this for any other injected NES game, like Castlevania, Zelda II, Ninja Gaiden or Punch-out.

Hold start or select or something when booting, I thought that gave true resolution

Was playing SSDX and wanted to do the minion quest, but didn't want to not have whatever the amiibo give you, so I did the RE required to figure out how to spoof the goomba/koopa troopa amiibo.

Here's a link to download the spoofed bins: nfc-bank.com/bins.php?do=download&downloadid=1351