/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

But user, your waifu isn't real edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

First for OTP

SHE'S REAL TO ME GODDAMN IT

She's as real as I need her to be.

>No Rito gf

Feels bad

But user, your waifu is dead edition*

Mipha's razor sharp teeth

The Rito children comprise the core of my harem.

Oh yes, you saved it! That was a load of fun. Let's do it again sometime.

>user, your waifu isn't real
But what if I buy a six foot plushie of her?

Friendly reminder that if you waifu knew you existed, she would hate you completely.

Why do you have to be like this, man?

I'm not some detestable, degenerate scum of society like you.
I'm lovable trash and homemaker (male).

>Thinking I would waifu someone who isn't broken inside and thus wouldn't make easy prey

Should I just jump down there? I kind of want to see what happens if you just skip the entire quest leading to Zora's Domain.

Do it. You're not missing anything other than a few Sidon custscenes.

I've done it. Sidon is surprised to see you, but everything else is normal.

Holy shit there's a unique cutscene, Sidon's even voiced

>Truly the best parts the game is when you are first starting out
That's because the Plateau balances difficulty, exploration and item gathering so well.

The environment is just the right size that it doesn't discourage you from walking the entire way like the rest of the world does. The difficulty is set high enough to where you need to prepare before you attack some enemies, and the weapons aren't too "unique" in which you don't even want to use them at all for the fear of breaking them. There's also not too many overpowered cooking items like the durians or hearty radishes, that give you too much of an advantage in battle and takes away the excitement.

I also think when you get the bomb runes the fun starts to fade a bit.

Just started Master Mode for the first time and shit is the jump in difficulty much more than I expected. The health regen kicks in so much faster that I had thought it would, also whose fucking idea was it to put a Lynel on the plateau? After struggling to kill Blue Bokoblins that almost gave me a heart attack. Still I think I'll do the Divine Beasts in reverse order to my first run, Rito > Goron > Gerudo > Zora, but I worry that getting Revali's power too soon might make things too easy.

Not really worth it to kill things on the GP during Master Mode. The weapons the non-platformers drop are still such junk. Once you have some runes you can cheese some platformers for their better weapons.

>that give you too much of an advantage in battle
Even against white lynels? Fully upgraded Hylian knight armor is that good? The one time I need a bunch of those quintuple Durian dishes to get through the battle, in addition to a bunch of knight shields and Royal Guard broadswords.

>too "unique" in which you don't even want to use them at all for the fear of breaking them
Like which?

In the plateau you have only three hearts, and no foods available to give you extra hearts. That's what made the combat more exciting, because you are forced to learn the enemy's patterns and take the battle more seriously. Outside the plateau, you have all these foods, elixirs, and armors that buff you up so much, it takes the excitement away because you can be more reckless.

>Like which?
An example would be the elemental weapons that are found only in certain areas of the world. Then you don't want to use them much because they break easily and you'll have to wait for them to respawn in those certain areas to get them back.

You also have the guardian weapons that are only acquired by beating the test of strength trials.

Platform enemies drop good weapons? I'll keep that in mind. I'm already to kakariko though, so at least I have access to some basic gear and the first great fairy.

Medium. Better than most of the crap in the chests they guard.

I am going to marry Riju!

She doesn't even know you're alive.

Elemental Lizalfos sometimes carry elemental weapons. Those weapons suck ass at the end of the day, they may as well not exist as you can just shoot elemental lizalfos with the arrow that they're weak against, disrupt guardians (large or small) with flame, bomb, or shock arrows, disrupt white and black bokos with shock arrows or bombs, etc. If I find 'em, I toss 'em as trash or use and break them soon since I simply cannot value such rubbish.

Thinking about the game, you're quite right, balance is poor outside of the plateau. But all that cooking for extra HP and attack/armor bonuses is a lot of effort and time compared to simply abusing monsters' flaws such as staying under moblins' right armpits, disrupting bokos with bombs (though it helps in general how they are some of the slowest and dumbest enemies in the game), lizalfos' pauses between actions, guardians becoming stunned with critical hits or limbs breaking (aside from the weapons that accomplish the same effect), and so forth.

My one gripe with Link himself is how he likes to spend an hour rolling on the ground in pain after a strong enough blow. You'd think he'd learn to take hits after many battles and acquiring better armor. I can understand when an attack sends him flying 50 feet through the air, but in other occasions it is very annoying and makes combat take longer with all his rolling and sluggish recovery. The enemies practically take a coffee break while he's rolling around. Oh well, that's how they try to motivate the player to freaking dodge/block attacks.

That depends on how far you've gotten into the game and what platforms. Certain ones remain populated with low-level enemies, but there are some that level up eventually, and they will have black and white enemies and great gear, both on the enemies and in the chests.

>by beating the test of strength trials
You can beat those over and over to farm more ++ Guardian weapons, did you know?
Unless Master Mode takes that away.

broken game is broken

...sexually

Goodnight /lozg/, I love you all.

>Playing through the Gauntlet in OoT3D
>Fighting against Phantom Ganon
>In the second phase when he's floating around and shooting energy tennis balls at you

BUT THEN

>Instead of that, he does this thing where he starts glowing
>Then the motherfucker just straight up charges at me with his spear

In all my years and multiple playthroughs of OoT, I've never seen Phantom Ganon do that. Is that a new thing he does for the 3DS version?

I am pretty sure he did that in the original

So was Ganon just a big spoiled baby or was the Gerudo deseert actually much harsher than it was presented. The Gerudo have pretty large populations in most games they appear in, grand structures and a detailed history. This doesn't line up with a people dying out because of how harsh their environment is

bump

I wander how she's even going to find a husband with her busy schedule. Once they figure out Ganon is gone there'll be lots of stuff to do. Firstly, once Ganon is gone they need to clear out all the monster camp disrupting business and travel. Kara Kara Bazaar will probably need to be further developed in order to cope with increased traders. She has to improve the city's security on top of that so I think the size of the army is going to increase as well as some infrastructure changes. Negotiating a new treaty with the Hylians and stabilsing her rule

Dead as Mipha

That's pretty dead

Can't get any more dead than that.

Who's the Linkest Link and the most Zelda Zelda

OoT for both

Should BotW Zelda have worn pink or is her wearing blue supposed to be a departure like Link not wearing green

Blue is better on all accounts

It looks like LttP is where they cemented both the designs, so that wins by default I guess

I've been staring at this .gif for an hour but it's not moving

>those faces

How about these faces

do weapons you get in the coliseum never have upgrades?

They should get the same stuff as any other dropped weapons, but elemental weapons are very stingy with that stuff even late game.

>Stopping after only one hour.
You're a quitter that will never reach true climax.

Purple is a more royal color but I think they were trying to avoid the usual dresses

It was a lot harsher back in OoT days. Not only was the desert itself lousy with leevers, there was a widespread sandstorm between the Gerudo Fortress and the Desert Colossus. The Gerudo lived in the fortress exclusively, since you couldn't go to the desert because of the sandstorm and you couldn't go to the mainland because by then you'd already ruined any diplomatic first impressions due to the kidnappings. Ganon tried, but Young Zelda got in the way.

Needed Gerudo pirates and an Impa type character IMO

I keep a flame short sword on me on all adventures. Great as a personal lighter/fire starter. Ive yet to fing a use for electric weapons, and a use outside of flame talus for ice weapons.

The Gerudo pirates are the ones who were kicked out of the forsaken fortress

Yeah I know there's a strong implication of their existence but why weren't they shown. I assu e it was simply development time but sea battles against Gerudo pirate ships would've been great

It depends if they improve on it or use it as is. Runes are fine but they need more of them and they need to give you the additional ones or upgrades as a reward for Dungeons or quests. Weapon durability seems to be disliked and they’re either going to strengthen every weapon so they last longer or ditch durability altogether. Collectables are fine but they need to have impact. The MaiMai were a much better collectible than the Korok seeds. The optional story is okay but when we do choose to engage it, it needs to be engaging rather than bare bones. The villain needs to be more than a mindless force for destruction.

I'm more inclined to think the Gerudo engaged in one night stands or had a boyfriend in every village over them kidnapping men and regularly raping them. Ganondorf was allowed to speak his piece which he'd never have been allowed to do if the Gerudo were universally reviled and feared. At the very least they must have been strong enough to demand to be heard and for the king to agree no matter how reluctantly

who do you think the ghost ship belonged to?

Ocean King

WW is the king if unfinished Zelda games. I imagine the complete concept was very different from the official product

that would imply they're all dead which is the very opposite of what I want

what you want is irrelevant

They need to be direct. The Zelda universe is held up by a lot of headcanon because the devs love to imply things but not show or outright state them.

because it's up to the player's imagination and offers more immersion since you get caught up in thinking about it

It never occurred to me that Jolene could be a Gerudo. I just thought she was insane

I always loved her design

She is insane and she's not a Gerudo. Nintendo just like to give certain races identifiable traits and then change their minds and either create a new race with those same traits or a mix of different race traits

or more likely they want to give themselves as much creative freedom as possible. If nothing is clear you can never contradict yourself

that's a good thing

the problem is that every story they tell will always leave you with more questions than answers. Ocarina, ALBW and TP all have good stories IMO but all of them have me asking questions for which I'll never get an answer

This 100%. If the rest of the game were as tight and controlled as the GP, then it'd be perfect. That brilliant scaling is completely lost in exchange for freedom and map size.

doubt is a part of life

The Zora area comes close, but only because it's small and guided as well

What do you think will happen next, /lozg/?

I don't think I'm gonna get through this game with all these glorious screenshots worth taking.

there are many pictures depicting this

Stop sexualizing Midna.

Fucking hell, Eiji. You knew exactly what you were fucking doing.

>pic

So are you guys asking for a more linear game

I don't think I can take much more of this, guys.

it gets worse/better depending on your taste

The Zora area does so many things well.
1)Exploration progression: they essentially funnel you into clearing the DB before exploring the rest of the region because of the rain BUT due to the game's mechanics, there are still ways around this. Not completely restricting.
2) Plot: the cutscenes and dialogue and Link's history with the Zora give the story of Vah Ruta more weight. Link's connection to the champion isn't just showed in a single one-off cutscene, it's expressed and parroted by all the Zora that knew Link when he was younger.
3) The quest line leading up to boarding the DB is only rivaled by Nabooris in complexity. What I really enjoy about Zora's Domain, though, is how you get the armor. One piece in a main line quest, one in a side quest, and one lying around in a chest. I wish more armor sets had various ways of procuring their pieces outside of just buying or finding them in shrines. (The Goron and Rubber suits each have a piece associated with a side quest at least.)
4) They definitely needed to give Link more movement options. Ravioli's Gale is fantastic, but not needed for anything. It would have been cool if you had to get the ability first and then use it to board Medoh. The waterfall climb is a great new skill but woefully underused and subverted by climbing/using the Gale. Itcould have been improved if the world had more waterfalls and if the waterfalls caused nearby cliffs to be permanently slippery.

That's what I'd prefer, yeah

How am I supposed to start at this for half the game!?

Hena is a very attractive woman. Just saying.

The armor thing is a good point. I was thinking there'd be a big quest line for the Goron armor but I ended up just sprinting into town on fire and buying it which, while funny, was underwhelming

Some other anons and I were arguing for permanent weapons but people kept quashing it by saying that's not the kind of game they were going for and it'd be different game entirely if that change were made I expect these same people will be coming out shortly about how non-linearity is this game greatest strength and blah blah blah

I think there's a compromise when you open the world up. Scaling the normal mobs only slightly alleviates this. The game might have done better with bite-sized chunks of the world opened to you intervals, and each one being as compact and dense as GP. You could pursue these chunks in any order and give opportunities to people who, say, got the Zora armor first, rewards for going on their particular path.

I wish every race got the Zora treatment. They're the only ones I care about and I wish I could say the same for the others

I didn't mind the weapons at all, I just would've liked more guidance and connection between Link and the kingdom

Hey man, if there were three MS-style rechargeable weapons, that's all you'd use. You'd cycle through them and stockpile only the weapons you thought looked cool. They didn't want you to do this. You can't have one AND the other.

I would have been happier if you snuck into Town possibly even into Riju's room and she was the one who gave you the Gerudo vai set in order for you to freely move within town after you persuaded her with your story.

Zelda has been:
>Princess
>Ninja
>Pirate
>Robot possessing Ghost
>General
>Godddess
>Scholar (more like an archaeologist)
Is Zelda the Barbie of Nintendo?