Why does still America still think being a millionaire is a significant achievement...

Why does still America still think being a millionaire is a significant achievement? It's really not that much money; and you can't live too well off of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2016/11/22/us-millionaire-wealth-inequality/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>you can't live too well off of it.
You're joking right?

the first million is the hardest

move to slovakia with that

Depends on age t b h. You're in a great place if you reach a million in your 30s a solid place if it's in your 40s, if you don't reach a million until you've hit the standard retirement age, you're going to have a bad time.

>take $1m
>put it into 1% money market account
>continue working and live off the money you get from work
>take the ~$800 a month that the money market generates and put it into investments
>unlimited wealth

Even if you have 1 mil at retirement you're better off than the vast majority of people. Tons of people just live off SS or whatever pension they might have and have very little saved outside of maybe home equity.

$1 million in 2017 dollars is $40000 in 2017 dollars FOREVER, or much more if you decide you want to exhaust your principal and put a time limit on your life
that doesn't even include social security income
you can't live well off $40K? are you fucking retarded?

>40k
>a lot

biz

fortune.com/2016/11/22/us-millionaire-wealth-inequality/

>The number of Americans who meet the millionaire threshold is set to increase by an average of 1,700 every day for the coming years, Bloomberg reports, based on projections by the Boston Consulting Group. By the year 2020, the U.S. is expected to welcome 3.1 million new members into its millionaires' club, which grew by 2.4 million from 2010 to 2015.

There's fucking almost 2000 people becoming millionaires in the US.

PER DAY.

What the fuck is your fucking excuse faggots?

Memecoins and muh market timing

Faggots are too stupid to throw 25% of their salary into a 401 and index funds

I'm over half way there shit give a nigga a break.

that's a middle class income for zero effort that year
you can supplement that with full time work if you have to buy a lambo each year you massive faggot

>Faggots are too stupid to throw 25% of their salary into a 401 and index funds
I throw 25% into a 401k and 25% into crypto, my crypto is far outperforming my 401k.

>no distinction between individual and household
>Much of America’s wealth is concentrated among older generations, whose mostly already affluent offspring are about to inherit a fortune.
>Over 73% of surveyed investors under 50 with assets above $25 million told the group that inheritance factored into their success.

oh and one bear market and what is gonna be the percent of those millionaires who are no longer millionaires?

>40k
>middle class

Damn son I'm genuinely sorry

How do I get munie

get jub

Income inequality. For everyone who is a millionaire, there are thousands who are broke.

>It's really not that much money; and you can't live too well off of it.
I could buy a 1 bedroom condo in Telluride for $300k, set aside $50k per year for all expenses (HOA, taxes, food, utilities) and be fine for 14 years assuming I don't earn a dime more.

Thankfully I work from home and earn well above $50k so a million for me just means I can move to my paradise a bit earlier than expected

that's cus thryre plebs

>Telluride
>paradise
you don't need a million to live there.
employee housing. be a lift op. smoke weed all day, snowboard until you're sick of it.

>There's fucking almost 2000 people becoming millionaires in the US.
>PER DAY.
>What the fuck is your fucking excuse faggots?

Well, there's probably a few hundred thousand of similar versions of below:
>Be me in 1935
>Buy beach shack along the coast of California for $1,482
>"This place is in the middle of nowhere but by gosh the beaches are swell!"
>Fast forward to today
>Land value exceeds $10,000,000
>'Become' a millionaire

But there's also probably a few million of similar versions of below:
>Be a normal person in 2017
>Minimum wage is still under $10p/h
>University is a massive investment with no guarantee of a job
>Parents ask why you still live at home
>Point out current income of $10p/h juxtaposed with current property in the local area being around $750,000
>"Hurr well we did it just fine, son, we did it juuuuust fine... what's the matter with YOU?"

Or there's three hundred million versions of:
>Be finite amount of money in America
>There isn't enough money supply in America to enable everyone to be a millionaire unless hyperinflation

>be born in Somalia
>GDP per capita is $130
>$1 / day is upper middle-class

I would if I wasn't married with kid. I would have never left the place.

found the poorfag.

How much money do you have?