/vn/ - Monika Edition

Visual Novel General #1643

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English visual novels and English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels and otome games belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/391243089/#391269669
Veeky
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Noble Works

LOLIS

Best thread

Guys...

why do people associate lolis with VNs so much when there aren't even that many lolis in VNs

If DDLC was Japanese-made, do you think there would be more or less hype around it? Is all of its appeal derived from the fact that it's just a decent EVN?

It wouldn't matter, the only things that really impact its popularity are it being accessible (free), in English (translated or not), and relatively unique (meta).

survival of the fittest

>Is all of its appeal derived from the fact that it's just a decent EVN?
The appeal is the writing, nobody thinks it is better simply for being an EVN.
The bullshit and drama is what is derived from it being an EVN. These fucking autists cant handle the idea that an EVN can be good for once

Just report anything that wasn't posted first and it will get deleted. Thread wars aren't allowed on Veeky Forums.

;_;

Poor Monika...

WE CAN'T LET THIS EVN TAKE US OVER BROS.

>EVN shit in your OP
/jp/ here we're laughing at you guys

Fuck off and make your own general

and yet you choose to be here, weird

The hype came from it being meta 4th wall breaking as fuck, with yandere turned up high imo.
Don't see a lot of those in english, being english-made only made it easier for the contrarians to shit about it

why didn't subahibi get its own general when everyone was posting it? i-it's not fair bros, i thought all kamiges got their own thread

There might be more hype but from what I see with most of the thread, aside from maybe three or four buttblasted people, folks don't really give a shit if a nip made it or not. EVNs are just normally trash because some fuckwad includes gender-studies fueled garbage into it, or creates a cheap two-bit game (see: sakura series) to make a quick buck on steam off of goys.

Its why even though people here apparently "hate" Katawa Shoujo, a good portion of the thread started reading VNs because of it. Its not that hard to beat 95% school-setting "save the club/council" slice of life garbage that a lot of the common companies in Japan are feeding their fucktarded population.

Just accept it, /vn/ is going to be 60% EVN(aka DDLC) until something worthwhile actually releases. Space Live probably wont do it.

Personally the people posting about the EVN aren't the problem, its everybody else flooding the thread complaining that there's actual VN discussion, and complaining only because its a EVN.

DokiDoki is kamige

>keeping your games in the download folder
chaotic neutral

Hey guys, the real thread is This is a dumb meme thread made by shitposters

Take a look at when the threads were made

> a good portion of the thread started reading VNs because of it
man I don't really care about that EVN drama but this is some high tier projection

Reminder to report, thread wars are not allowed on Veeky Forums

Yeah, and? This is a blatant troll thread with an adultered OP. Being the first thread doesn't mean we should be forced to stick with it.

>
Its why even though people here apparently "hate" Katawa Shoujo, a good portion of the thread started reading VNs because of it.
Only you and your plebbit buddies are like that

I'm staying here with my /dokidoki/ bros and chill people. Angry fucks can go to the other thread.

How is it a troll thread? Because you are upset that a visual novel not made in japan is being discussed in the visual novel thread?

there's nothing wrong with the OP, faggot

The sole reason anybody in the entire world cares about this is that 1) it's free and 2) because it's free it got meme'd on /v/ yesterday (and then our threads got linked leading to our current situation)

If this was the usual EVN pricing, nobody would give a shit

Make your own general if you want to to talk about this western garbage.

>/vn/
>pricing

The past three threads have had
>This general is for the discussion of English visual novels and English-translated Japanese visual novels.
in the OP, retard.

Thanks. It'll blow over in a week so people shouldn't get their panties in a twist

And I doubt it'll lead to people posting other EVNs other than false flaggers. Other EVNs just simply aren't worth talking about. This one is unique (for a translated VN) and it's a brand new stealth release so of course there's a lot of interest.

Alright, I will go to my general. Stop by if you feel like it we are at

>Take a look at when the threads were made
You made this thread before bump limit. That's not only against Veeky Forums rule, that's cancerous

>our threads got linked leading to our current situation
That really explains it to be honest. /v/ is such a shithole.

>(and then our threads got linked leading to our current situation)
Holy shit why do you keep pushing this narrative? There was nothing wrong with the initial /v/ threads about this and it was full of people just calmly discussing the game. This thread would be improved by those people moving here. I don't even think the thread was linked

Are you implying the other one wasn't?
Head back and count the posts

>a kamige comes out
>some people are shocked that other people want to discuss it
???

>Someone changes the OP once which means everything is okay
Well shit, I guess the times /jp/ came by and took out the part about "untranslated VNs belong in /jp/" so they could shitpost means things should have stayed the same you fucking retard

Oh yeah such a shithole

The majority of the thread isn't autistic and is fine with discussing DDLC. Only a few retards (you) are getting riled up because 'b-but it's an EVN!!!!!!'

/v/ VN threads actually have higher quality discussion than /vn/
most discussion is about threadwars/OP content/anti/pro EVN shit

>streamer/youtuber
Yeah its cancer alright. Thank you for proving my point.

>because it's free it got meme'd on /v/ yesterday (and then our threads got linked leading to our current situation)
There was an user playing it Friday evening in this very general talking about how it was weird. That's when it started to kick off here as everyone went to check it out. It has nothing to do with /v/.

Moving the goalposts
>The majority of the thread isn't autistic and is fine with discussing DDLC
Considering that there's maybe like 70-80 people in here at any given time to the point that we can be 200 posts in and only 30 people could be posting, it's significantly likely that it's just shitposters samefagging

Why is this general so shit when its ameriburger time?

This, i started playing it after waking up and seeing other anons enjoying it.

>it's significantly likely that it's just shitposters samefagging
ironic

Why doesn't someone just make /ddlc/ and then there's no problem?

There's no need to do that, so we're not going to do that.

Because westcucks feel the need to shit up our general with their garbage

Because it doesn't fucking need its own thread. It's not something major to warrant a new thread. Did Subahibi or Dies Irae needs its own thread, too?

because they know for a fact it's gonna go dead in a few weeks.

>Making a general about a VN when /vng/ exists
gee user i don't know

This is the visual novel general and I'll post DDLC here

no shit, literally every vn is like that here. take subahibi as an example, nobody even talks about it anymore

I really don't agree that changing the OP post just to satisfy one VN that's normally off topic is right. It's no different than when /jp/ does it with untranslated VNs

>/vng/
The state of EVNfags

>It's no different than when /jp/ does it with untranslated VNs
untranslated VNs are literally against Veeky Forums rules though

Japanese content goes on /jp/ and English content goes on Veeky Forums, there's nothing hard to understand about this

Fuck off back to /v/

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/391243089/#391269669

>Katawa Shoujo General #3357

burgers are too insecure so they need to push their shit apparently

Any OELVN is shit, so you opinion doesn't matter.

OELVNfags are truly a special kind of cancer

>dies irae comes out
>people talk about it
>shitposters everywhere

>subahibi finally comes out
>people talk about it
>shitposters everywhere

>DDLC comes out
>people talk about it
>shitposters everywhere

>flavor of the month general
Let's be realistic. Nobody is going to be autistic enough about it to make 3000+ threads talking about the same shit for five years.

Baka gaijin.

Go create a general then if you're so confident it's gonna last.

>DDLC is more popular than Subahibi and Dies combined

WTF BROS SOON IT'LL BE MORE POPULAR THAN UMINEKO WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING WHAT DO WE DO

Veeky Forums.org/rules#vg

2. Western visual novels should be posted here, and Japanese visual novels on /jp/. Translated visual novels are allowed on either board.

Kill ALL OELVNfags.

Why can't you retards just revive the evn general?

>/vng/
Nigga

But it's not like the OP says "Doki Doki Literature Club is allowed" it's saying all EVNs. And I'm pretty sure last we checked, we don't actually want to associate with the rest of the EVN considering how terrible they are. If there were like a bunch that suddenly got good and came out, maybe it would warrant change but this is literally just so you can talk about one solitary EVN and suddenly everything needs to get turned around? It's not even like everybody on the thread even wants this to begin with or it was decreed by a mod

I don't want to talk about EVNs, i just want to talk about dokidoki. Everything else is trash

That doesn't mean they belong in our thread. Make an /evn/ or whatever containment thread for your western cancer and fuck right off.

>And I'm pretty sure last we checked, we don't actually want to associate with the rest of the EVN considering how terrible they are
Well check again because everyone here has been talking about DDLC and will continue to do so until conversation fizzles out due to there being little left to

Literally nobody is saying EVN's are good. Everyone agrees that 999/1000 are complete garbage. DDLC happens to be the exception. Nobody is going to discuss other EVN's. The only reason this has gotten so out of hand is the Japanese purists handing out (You)'s so easily

dokidoki is trash as well and its an EVN. Stop bothering us already.

Except that we had /evn/ to separate this issue. You just don't want to bring it back for some reason (It's because EVNs suck)

So either make /evn/ or /ddlc/ or get those discussions at /v/ you like. Don't just suddenly change how a thread works just because you want to without there being some kind of consensus

except that OELVNfags are so assblasted for some reason to the point they had to change the OP

I would unironically do this.

No, we're going to be discussing it here and all you can do is screech autistically.

And you know it.

>us
But i have been here for a long time, user

>Don't just suddenly change how a thread works just because you want to without there being some kind of consensus
I didn't change shit, and there was a consensus due to the amount of people discussing it here. You not liking that doesn't make it any less valid, so shut the fuck up and deal with it.

Monika is simply amazing.
Oh my god she's the best girl
Never did I expect such a great character.
I think the endgame dialogue was great.
Kisses for days.
Angel.

But you're reading trash, Doki Doki the OELVN.
So fuck off to another general.

>I ain't going to heaven

No, it has gotten out of hand because you retards keep spamming your EVN trash. Fuck off already

Fuck off Monika

>Literally nobody is saying EVN's are good
Then why has the OP been changed that we can talk about them here? If you had said "And Doki Doki Literature Club" we could all take it as a meme or a joke

>and there was a consensus due to the amount of people discussing it here
Because we can totally tell there's a lot of people and not just a lot of samefagging and newfags. That's why we had an entire thread about people using the term JOP wrong

>>No, we're going to be discussing it here and all you can do is screech autistically.
Nice falseflag

Since this is now an OELVN thread, I'll be blogposting Sakura Swim Club.

We're facing our first choice, folks. Should we hurry up and get to school quickly, or can we just take it easy?

Hello, is this the EVN general?

DOKI DOKI!

>she sees your dick