/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #119

The Heart of the Mediocre Man! Edition

Last Thread: Latest News
>The Duel Tower event is live now. After each duel, your life points don't reset. Rev up those Reshef of Destruction repressed memories.
>GX world will be going live September 28th. Trailer [YouTube] 遊戯王デュエルリンクス PV GXワールド開放! (embed)
>Bonz will be available to unlock in October
>new full box out, too soon to tell if it changes the meta
>Duelist Kingdom will be returning late October, and after that, a new playable GX Legendary Duelist will arrive.

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (VERY OUTDATED)
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for bad players
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>when sending Vagabonds, always choose the 1 card challenge because it's gives the most XP
>using the modded APK to farm will result in a ban eventually
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're are really unsure about what to buy, Dawn of Destiny is a solid choice because it contains the components for Naturia and Phoenix decks which are both KoG tier. On top of that, it's a minibox so it's easy to clear.
>Level up Mai and Keith first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tLOsSI8OhNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>"Advice" about staying less than stage 39 finally removed
I like this new OP

You know what would be a great addition to this game? Some more dragon support

Haha! yes my friend! A new Dragon Structure deck would be most welcoming!

WHEN

>Post yfw Sartorius gets Luck on your Side and all the Arcana cards

You have to do some crazy shenanigans to be able to summon this while there are 2 monsters on your side of the field and even then it's a %50 chance
kinda lame..

Next time add " Buy one pack at a time for increased luck"

>they make the world a skill
>Any time you use it in the japanese version Sartorius Yells ZA WARUDO

youtube.com/watch?v=tLOsSI8OhNo

Suggestions? Trying to get 1 more Dust Knight and TttD.

How viable is XYZ in this?

It's the thinking man's deck.

How so? I always liked the psuedo-fusion aspect. Is De-fusion in this too? What do decks usually look like besides 3 of each component and Frontline Base/Roll out?

You gotta plan out every action individually. When to Fusion, what Fusion is the best in the current situation, stalling well enough until you can get your pieces out since 2/3rds of the archetype are below 1700 attack normally.

Most decks usually are based on
3x Machina Peacekeepers
3x X Heads
3x Z Tanks
1-2x Y Dragons
1x Frontline Base
1x Double Summon
and glue cards like Roll out and basic meta cards like E-Con and SRH sprinkled in at your leisure.

Y Dragon's and their fusions are the least useful, so they tend not to have the full 3 copies in an XYZ deck. Machina Peacekeeper protects you Fusions and gets back any pieces that you had to sack beforehand. XZ is generally the best Fusion and what you'll be using the majority of the time since it matches Red-Eyes in attack and has one of the more useful abilities.

Very rarely will you be able to get out the entire XYZ Dragon Cannon out because of the fast-paced nature of Duel Links and needing all the combo pieces on the field.

Throwing in stuff like Fusion Weapon, Machine Assembly Line, Heavy Mech Support Armor, and other cards can give the deck some fun support options.

De-Fusion was added in the last box a few days ago. I don't believe it would work with a XYZ deck since it requires the cards to be in the Graveyard, doesn't it? When the XYZ pieces are banished after Fusion.

Konami will fear the samurai

>mfw game just randomly updated for me feelsgood

Ah. I forgot peacekeeper and double summon were a thing. I guess this version wouldn't be very reliable then

holy shit, some guy actually used worms in Legend

>Bonz might actually come with zombie world skill or have it as a lvl reward
KONAMI PLZ

Looks a bit too slow and bricky, yeah. Machina is great because it somewhat circumvents the weakness of the XYZ pieces and pulls them right back whenever they knocked down, which for a Fusion deck relying on weak monsters to be on the field is a life saver.

Having two Frontlines and Assembly Lines is probably not a great idea either. You generally don't want to throw down Y's or Z's unless you have an X already on the field, which isn't classified as a Union monster itself. 1 Frontline is generally enough so you don't brick too many times, while Double Summon is better used as a second alternative since it doesn't stay on the field and take up S/T spaces and can be used for X Heads too.
In my opinion, Assembly Line just plain ain't worth it. The attack boost is too low to matter with how weak the monsters are, it's too slow to return your fallen pieces, and I'd generally rather have a different card entirely in my hand over Assembly Line in most cases. If you absolutely want to use it, keep it at 1.

Like I said before, most Y Dragons are generally kept at 2 max in most decks. It's too unlikely to be able to summon the full XYZ, and its fusion with X and Z aren't as good as XZ. Not to mention you can choose instead to put something in the space where your third Dragon would be instead, like an ECon or Machina Peacekeeper.

Roll Out is okay. I prefer Peacekeeper, but it's a perfectly good alternative. Luminous Spark is actually really fun. The boost from it is actually quite useful compared to Assembly Lines. I keep one in my XYZ, but two would probably brick too often.

so you guys got all the points from the tower event?

Reminder that Z can still union with Y if it has to so it's not like they're dead together without X. I've already

*I've already won a surprising amount of ranked matches and gotten to floor 27 by Frontline ZY then drawing into X and dumping my hand for field destruction. I concede your point though and will revamp this asap

Sound this Takahasi ever give a good reason as to why he created this fucking shit kid?

*So did

>CV
Nice meme you meme loving faggot

Don't let the thread die now guys

>even then it's a %50 chance
Not if Sartorius gets a skill that makes it 100%.

>and after that, a new playable GX Legendary Duelist will arrive

"Teach" It's Crowler, also in the japanse notifications says: "nyohohoho and naanone!"
He's the only character that talk like that.

>best girl is anime filler

Sad.

>getting cucked by a baby

God, Yugi's pathetic.

GX in 3 days. I want to try and minimize any possible information so we don't get more shit like Super Kaiba or Grandpa Yugi OPs. If he's not a part of the introductory GX cast, the next OP can add in Crowler as the LD with no problems from me.

Goddamn, do I need sleep. I meant that I want to minimize any possible misinformation until we have conclusive, airtight proof. I'll put Crowler in the next OP as the LD if he isn't part of the GX cast from the get-go.

How can I make this deck better? I keep switching things up, but no way seems or feels right. I keep getting fucked. What am I doing wrong?

ANTIKU GEAH GOLEMU?!

It is simple a weak concept.

Tell me a good reptile build please

>GX cast from the get-go.
I think we'll only get Jaden, Chazz, Alexis and Aster this Wednesday.

WORMS

TAPE WORMS?

Those were the ones officially announced and datamined so far, but we'll see for certain in 3 days.

Pepperoni

Aren't you guys forgetting someone?

use the new fire beasts bro

What about Bastion? You think Konami make an event for him, lol?

wow cerberus decks fucking suck

fucking regret buying this shitty card

How the fuck does Ojama king work in speed Duels?!

Nope, those are the only characters announced

>What about Bastion?
Literally who?

it won't
people are expecting to run ojamas and be KoG instantly, but they will get BTFO instantly

Bastion is weird. They kept him at the end to make a joke about how he got shafted and forgotten about compared to the rest of the cast, but Water Dragon does have an animation so he's going to be in the game. Crowler also was in the trailer as well, but if the LD coming in October is him, the other GX LD's not the 4 announced might be LD's as well. We don't know how it's gonna work yet.

>not using lp beta or gamma to insta fusion summon ojama king with cyberstein turn 1

*Might be event LD's as well

we are not getting cyberdragon anytime soon right?

I hope not. Chimeratech Fortress Dragon would be cool though.

You mean from the new box, right? Opening another big box just for Caninetaur or something? Ehh, idk. I just opened fucking 97 packs for 2 Crystal Seers and an Aegis of Gaia for a 3SD DM deck I've been working on. All I need is 2 more CV's, and I can't tell if all of this is worth it. I really hope so, even though I had to spend those gems before they expired anyway. So, I really just put together that Fire deck because I opened other packs, but I actually wanna try to make it be a decent deck. What should I add / remove?

Forgot pic.

If Kaiser/Zane isn't in the launch roster we'll have him by the end of the year, so soon

Looks like a decent deck to stay in Gold forever.

I'm addicted to switching from box to box in order to get some random niche c ard to make meme decks

Currently going back to UR for another two copies of excellion

help me

should I complete the stage 59 missions? I'm only left with the apophis, blast held by a tribute and summon the moth to complete it

No reason not to do it.

>3SD DM
Why not Destiny Draw-Mausoleum-Dark Magician? Lower LP cost and you could trigger destiny draw by summoning DM.

I thought of doing the same deck, but I wasn't able to get the drops from Tea and Yugi.

3SD into Dark Magician. Play Sage whatever to summon Dark Magician. Use the dark Magician magical cards. It would be great.

Add in Fragrance Storm. Went up against some fag using this and it combos with Sunflower slut pretty good

It's gonna be weird if the gate only has 5 duelists

>3SD into Dark Magician
This was only viable like 3 months ago when 3SD cost is 2000 LP. Now you could do this with Mausoleum of the Emperor. You'll only need 1000 LP to summon DMG and 2000 LP to summon DM. Most people runs Invader of Darkness with Mausoleum though.

I honestly can't imagine Syrus not being available from the start.

He's not in the datamine or the trailer.

Then what is even the pont of GX? Gimme cyber dragons

too OP for this shitty format, forget it

>pulled a five headed dragon
this is shit

I meant Dark Magician Girl. And then Sage for DM.
It is still a card you don't have to draw or even put in the deck.

>Not liking the BIGGEST DRAGON

if we had dragon's mirror MAYBE we could use it + magical merchant
currently, there is no way to realistically use it save for a shitty meme deck

Welp they fixed Kaiba AI. Now he will use twister to destroy dimension gate if he has econ or DD warrior. He also will attack directly if he has 2 DD warrior on the field. RIP farming.

>latefags farming Kaiba
you deserve it

>Extra Gate
Sorry Ojama Kang

this game isn't fun for me anymore but I still wanna play because I like the card art
what do

I want to lewd Alexis, is that normal?

Going by what I've seen around the internet, it sure looks like it.

>tfw to intelligent too complete the event

Or he's a roaming duelist that we can't unlock but his skill is zombie world to make it hard.

Yes.

Fusions you dork. You think they just happened to put out king of the swamp before GX by accident?

I, to, am to intelligent to clear the event.

No, she is a being of nothing but purity

There's 4 Zombie themed skills in the datamine though

But that one particular skill seems way fucking better than the others. Why even add wastelands when zombie world exists?

Man, the ai REALLY doesn't know how to properly use Dragon's Rebirth.

Wasteland is probably something you can start with while Zombie World has a condition you need to fulfill, I'm guessing

It can't use fire island either. It will use island summon the phoenix and the level 4 fire king and then use another island and destroy everything for the phoenix to come back and destroy it again.

I guess that wouldn't be too bad. Honestly it could also finally force people to run some magic destruction.

Most likely, especially since Jaden's Skyscraper skill requires him to be under 1000 LP it seems.

These are lame, cyber dragons or gtfo

Cyber dragon has always been boring baby shit. In this game it would be even worse. No reason to run Fiend Megacyber because of him. He is half of someones life points. Auto include in a 20 card deck. I think you just want broken cards because you might be bad. Might as well ask for necrovally if we want broken shit.

So with GX world around the corner, you guys think that we cannot use DM duelist in GX? So, no unhappy, elements unite and labyrinth

Nah, in the teaser there's a clip of Judai/Jaden dueling Atem at the gate

I hope that Jaden and other GX characters have voice clips for certain DM characters.

I thought the same thing, Atem was using some shitty monsters, but that may be a PVP duel also