/tbg/ - Terra Battle 1 & 2 General #002

"actually made it to a new edition" edition

---

Previous (OP)

What is Terra Battle? Terra Battle 1 and 2 are puzzle + RPG games made by Mistwalker.

terrabattleforum.com/

TB2:
News: en.terrabattle2.com
terrabattle2.gamepedia.com/Terra_Battle_2_Wiki
terrabattleforum.com/threads/guardian-screenshots.13349/

TB1:
terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Terra_Battle_Wiki
crape.org/tools/terra-battle/mz.html
tbs.desile.fr/#/quick-start

If there is more information that you guys would like added to the OP feel free to list stuff!

Other urls found in this thread:

terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Ma'curi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for best girl

Second for fuck /mbgg/

is grinding co-op actually the best way to get upgrade mats right now

because easy co-op raid is boring as shit now

how long did it take you to get a double Z weapon start anons?

I gave up after one roll and accepted my fate to have a/b's

I assume I'll need to get another to actually get the full 3 rows

So it seems you get all your skills at level 40 for your rna recode

Also when do we start getting union power (the u % stat)? Is that after max level of a recode?

After the B stat gets to 100%.

I want to know this as well I got double zs before but they were both armor.

Whoa that is super long, I hope the itemp are really good

>keep getting Z armour
fuck the 0.04% rates desu

Not really. I mean, with your normal play you have almost 20%. You will get there eventually. Given that the U system is based on the Mastery system of FFBE, the rewards must be good.

Damn, Elga DNA looks way cooler than RNA, but has 100 needles wasting a skill slot. Meanwhile. RNA has counterattack, outflank, and doublehand; and while I have no clue what they do, it's definitely better than 100 needles. Fuck, not sure what to recode to.

Has anyone seen Gantt recoded? His DNA form confuses me to no end.

He gets Doubleshield, which I assume either allows him to equip two shields (if that's not possible normally), or gives him double defense if only a shield is equipped. Extremely situational, but okay.

Then he also gets Stave Lore, which should allow the character who uses Gantt to equip staves, right? But why? 1st this skill would be mutually exclusive with Doubleshield and 2nd he's a physical attack guardian, magic attack doesn't do anything for him...

I'm curious about his RNA form too, wondering if Tremor is full screen, or same as normal form - area(2).

>counterattack
Chance to attack when pincered. Kinda useless.

>outflank
Bonus damage when attacking a surrounded enemy. Useless, unless there's a tough 1 tile sized boss.

>doublehand
Double attack, when using only one weapon, I think.

Do all z weapons have skill aoe or just some? I have waenechan or whatever dagger at like 38 and no skill up. I just need to know before I put more into something that's just going to be a stat stick

Apparently they get them at 60 if they have them

>Doublehand
It's increase attack with a weapon in both hands.
Bit wonky for it's name but w/e.

Oh boy.

Gugba's tremor was the entire map

Considering he loses atk % up, this might be worth it over having petaslash.

Have any of you tried to upgrade your co-op staff? I threw a bunch of blasters in it and it stayed at level 1 but took the blasters

As the other user said, counterattack and outflank are both pretty meh to useless, so his dna recode would prolly be better.

Gatz when?

Nvm it must have been just a bug closed the game and opened and it had the levels

Here it has range, normal Gantt has Tremor in just 1 block area, then I think at lv90 it goes to 2 blocks. Hopefully when recoded it's better.

Why is this a question that needs to be asked when the rates are made abundantly clear in game

I haven't been in /mbgg/ in over a year

Is Terra Battle 2 a thing now?

yeah and it's a lot worse than the first game

who here still stuck in the eternal reroll. 2 days worth of rerolling later still nothing better than a few Z armor accounts and one Z Guardian + Z armor + SSR weap roll

Friend IDs?

>equip
Guess he won't reach Snaip levels

Honestly, don't bother with Z guardians, get a cute SS girl and a Z weapon. There are plenty of good guardians even at B. Look at Ma'curi or Bahl from TB1, B class adventurers that are still today top damage dealers, same situation in TB2. I'm constantly doing top damage in the raid with a recoded B guardian and A+B weapons.

I could never get into the first game, should I bother with TB2?

Yes

Shit man, look at levi, for a A-rank guardian he's pretty goddamn fucking strong.

Depends on why you couldn't get into the first - but almost surely not

the first game is honestly a whole lot better

To clarify - TB2 doesn't improve on anything from TB1 and has made the main story gameplay significantly more tedious and with completely thoughtless encounter design

If you didn't already like TB1 when you previously played it then you won't like TB2

Is there a tier list for what I should reroll for in TB1?

You don't really reroll in TB1 but the only thing you want is Bahl as a starter unit instead of Grace.

While it definitely has its faults isn't it a little weird to compare a game that's 5 days old to a game that's had several years of add-ons?

It's not like they ever really changed how encounters worked in TB1, I'd say it's pretty apt to compare it to the new maps.

Here's what his skills are.

Yeah id agree that the layout of 1's story was more accessible and less poorly thought out. A lot of mobile games have been try to branch out into this weird Final Fantasy direction with their overworld and it always ends up poorly.

On the other hand I feel like the UI and general flow of the game-play has been pretty nice though.

I must say this game already has more things to do than TB had months into it when I stopped playing.

Also I don't mind the random encounters or the world map so much.

Isn't this guy pretty broken?

So the % next to a skill is the chance it can proc and the "B" % is bonus chance your skill procs? So if I have a skill that has 50% chance + B of 10%, it now has 60% chance to activate?

Wrong image

I'm comparing it to TB1 on it's launch.

Probably a 55% chance then.

>2000 needle
Man, I hate this non-scaling bullshit. It's just inevitable that he's gonna be a bad Z guardian with it.

Yes, it's additive.

That looks pretty damn good.. what rank is he? I want one, I bet he does more damage than DNA elga.

I don't know if this game will have any but if an enemy appears that has high defense and magic defense it could be nice to have a static 2000 dmg skill.

You never know when 2000 true damage might come in handy. Like high def sneaky low hp mobs ?

It might be ghat MW learned their lesson and will tone it down by making it a static eauip, rather than a stacking proc buff.

The only thing it has to do that TB1 didn't is the repetitive co-op raid boss and a levi fight - but TB1 launched with around ~1 month's worth of content from the story mode alone and then they came out with the bahamut? fight can't remember which boss it was maybe it was leviathan

TB2 has launched with about 1 day's worth of content and for some really dumb reason they're releasing the story episodically so the only thing to do is not play or grind out co-op/dump stamina on leviathan which is absolutely mind-numbing

...B

Damn of course the game didn't give me one, instead it gave me dupes of a few other B's.

Probably wont be that hard to get then hopefully.. I guess that just goes to show that the only thing Z guardians bring to the table is there U rewards which will take a couple months to get.

terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Ma'curi

guardians aren't that good, seems everything is about matt/z weapons

I've been enjoying it more, probably because I can actually do things when I don't have stamina to spend on levi. The chapters being free is nice and the co-op grinding is nice. In TB I remember just waiting for stamina to refill so I can continue the story or wait for a metal zone because the only thing you leveled was your units. There was basically nothing to do when you didn't have stamina and things like companions were mostly worthless.

story being free is pretty irrelevent considering they're only adding like one chapter a week and any stamina that would be spent on a story chapter would've refilled by the time you completed it

story being free is great you can go and raise your B and U and farm materials and items and minor exp + resonance and im sure im missing some stuff

if you think about it free story mode makes the DNA weekly quest pretty useless considering you can get everything minus the co-op coins and monster hearts from story missions

So you're not supposed to reroll for a Z unit or anything, just get Bahl and you're good to go?

We only have the first 3 chapters, later chapters might cost stam

Is there a better way to get Nucleotides than the terrible material quest?

Yep, I don't think you get enough stamina for a 10 roll for a while. There are two random starter character Grace, who is an okay bow nothing great, and then Bahl who is the best sword in the game, even better than Z units, just as a B. She is part of the damage trinity.

Then I think starters also get Amina now as your healer.

This man is your enemy. Will you cut through the loli to get to him?

Pretty good backup to have I guess.

Yeah do the chapters in sync mode and pick up the treasures there are usually nucleotides in there.

heres my trick to getting material nodes and avoiding all the battles

dont do sync mode you dont need to do sync mode to get any of the specific materials it seems normal mode drops the same shit but sync mode gives you a bonus at the end which isnt worth the effort

now heres what you do unmagnet your team and just move 1 guy to the material spawns when enemies surround you they will do a quick lone attack which is 50x faster than going through any battle and theyll hit for like 2 dmg each so as long as you got someone with around 2k hp youll make it through the entire thing grabbing all the nodes and getting to the marker to complete the dungeon

His defense is impenetrable, I can't win

Oh shit good idea. THanks.

For the love of god someone please find an emulator that works for this !

Official English PC version might take months before they release it...

youll have some content to play through by that time then

SafetyNet fucks all emulators, sorry user.
Fire Emblem Heroes has the same protection and those anons can't play on emulators too.

Not using emulator, but try the FGO trick. It works for FEH so might work for this game?

I've been following the FEH emulator threads, and seems they're able to bypass it.

...but when I try it for Terra Battle 2, it sitll won't start. Pretty shitty.

Have you tried using RemixOS?

people go for SS mages. they got powercreeped by Z but they carry you through the early game. i mean rerolling for Zs is shit though.

What rank drops the staff, is it SS only?

Even topping the chart all the time the staff seems to be the most elusive of the drops.

I got Samatha Z but Grace instead of Bahl. Should I keep going with this account or restart with an account with just Bahl?

Is A'misandra always the starting healer? Does it ever switch to Amina?

You got best girl, so keep her. You'll roll her wife soon enough.

Is 30 energy a reduced price?

They've also done Amina in the past. They rotate them infrequently, so Amisandra is the current one for the time being.

It isn't clear, but given the fact that functionality is split between guardians and gear, it seems entirely possible that 3 energy is the standard roll price.

>You will never rejoin Samatha and Bahl on Terra Battle 1

My heart hurts, and my soul cries.

Maybe not in TB1...

does TB2 have a lot of free energy sources after using the starting 60 energy?

according to reddit, yes.

>Clay motion Bahl voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro and Samatha voices Hanazawa Kana

A man can dream!

So far there have been a few achievements, a few treasure spots, the chapter completions and login bonuses. No idea what the actual login bonuses will be once the release one ends. REgular story chapters means more completion energy, treasure spots and maybe achievements. I don't think TB2 is going to be one of those games that constantly throws rolls at you nonstop, but it should be more than TB at least, since the gacha isn't finite.

At least, it shouldn't take months to make a 10 roll.

Are the treasure spots supposed to run out or am I missing how to reach the ones in the solid walls?

They have no source

The treasure spots only respawn the when you collect them all.

For the ones over the wall you just have to get close and drag your character over the spot as quickly as possible

I think there's a hidden one in chapter 2 that I haven't managed to find yet, because mine haven't respawned. The ones that are visible can generally be grabbed just by passing through the walls as long as you go from the right place. It also helps to zoom in to give yourself more time.