/domg/ - Dominions General

Soon edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP head first, the best learning experience is by playing the game

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Dominions 5

illwinter.com/dom5/

Nerdryn v2 go llama now

Are Rus And Man an elves?

give
me
dominion

Fuk u.
Partially.

dead

I'm getting really caught up with IRL stuff, so I'd like to be subbed if possible. I'll do this turn, but after that I'll be going AI if we can't find a sub.

I may just be dead anyhow, but I haven't seen the turn yet.

>Can't spend like 20 minutes a day to do your turn

s
m
h

>not sloth 3

>He needs 20 mins
F
A
M

>dom5 anounced
>still playing dom4
Just go AI in all of your games, lol.

first you have to pillage all your land and fill your forts up with chaff haha

I need to take back as many 20 minute time increments as I can, unfortunately this game is one that's going to lose its slot.

>Going AI for any reason at all
Lad.....

>not going AI for no reason at all
Senpai...

>not going AI when you still can

This

I-I'll go AI for you

>People won't go AI but they'll let the thread die

>When other generals get a new game they speed up before release
>When Dominions general gets a new game, it slows down even more

our beta boys share their leaks on discord

honk honk

Too busy planning the next meta for the next game. I predict poison and decay bless on sacred archers.

what nation is your main

pangaea since they're in all 3 I don't have to spend as much time learning

Horde of Saurospammers. Order 3, magic 3, final destination.

Translate it weebs

It says, "Uguuu what are we doing on the bed sempai?" Trust me, I am fluent in moonrunes.

I-is this witchcraft?

assfag

Can someone recommend decent scales and magic paths for LA Jomon? I want to enjoy them to the fullest without getting my ass handed to me.

also i'm a girl

Take an E5 dom 5 earth snake with prod 3 heat 3 and other scales distributed as you see fit

luck 3 is also mandatory

no it's not
nor is prod 3, but I'd always rec it to newer players for Jomon

luck 3 is more important than prod 3 or heat 3

hey jude

they are nerfing luck in dom 5 for a reason
it will still be mandatory though

EA Ermor noob here. Decided to paint scenes from my SP EA Ermor run through. 100 hours in MS paint later, here we are with the first piece.

The Death of Specio the Archmage, false Pretender of Nefilheim.

After the Sack of Nefilheim by the 3rd Legion under Ceaser, rightful heir to the Thrones of Ascension. Specio was furious. Looking to strike a blow against Ermor as well as gain a foothold from which he could launch his campaign of revenge. Specio decided to attack a province lightly defended by a small force of patrolling Rorarus who were there hunting down local brigands. Specio started his ambush with much fanfare and showmanship. While this was sufficient to sway the giants of Nefilheim to his side as well as send most untrained milita force fleeing to the hills. this did not stop the javelins thrown by the Rorarus, who were well trained in dealing with ambushes, from penetrating his silk robes, killing Specio instantly.

Pictured is a single Rorarus taking the head of Specio where it would later be displayed before the last stronghold of the Giants at their desert fortress in The Stone Sisters and to the people of Nefilheim to show that their false god was no more.

I can't decide what to do next.
"Nefilheim surrenders at The Tearful Sisters."
"Break out from Fortress Portikuk and the relief by the Steel Lancers."
"Rout of the 5th Legion at the C'Tisian Wildlands."
or
"Even in death her Legions still serve."

Elf fetishists.

>"Break out from Fortress Portikuk and the relief by the Steel Lancers."
Sounds like a pretty heroic scene.
Also, nice thing you did there

>that 3 mapmove through all kinds of province types

Mongol nation mod WHEN?

LA Tien Chi are Mongols.

O-Oh, this is embarrassing. Please ignore my shameful post.

An amphibious chassis will let you grab your sweet underwater units and commanders early-on.
Paths that let you grab tengus aren't a bad idea.
Scale-wise you want to maximize your gem income through luck and magic because you're a very summon-reliant nation.

I severely underestimated his forces, I swear I only saw seven units. Still though I will not be deterred

>Attacked someone while they had a shitload of mages
>He didn't even send a scout to check it out
You deserved it

how much pd

???? lotta pd ?
zero losses

Oh yeah, it could be a shitload of pd
But we'll never fucking know because if Ulm doesn't send scouts ahead of his main army I doubt he would use battle replay.

Not a whole lot, it was mainly the spells that fucked me over

skelepd

WEW

At least you made them burn those gems huh

Should have brought more troops.

What can Bandar Log do against Asphodel besides Solar Rays? Nature magic isn't great against undead, since they're immune to Nature's MRN spells, the direct damage spells are single-target or piercing (so 1/2 damage vs skeletons) and not only are my troops generally bad, buffing them is pointless since every manikin has 3-6 high-damage fatigue-causing magic weapons: ethereal is no help and it's impossible to buff them enough to beat the fatigue damage. I could communion for Earthquakes but I can't do that for every battle. Should I just plug my priest-summons into the communion and spam banishment while berserked markatas take as long to die as possible, or would putting up Light of the Northern Star and letting my S1s spam Solar Light be more effective?

what about relief

banishment by a long shot.

What is the most innovative thing you've ever done diplomatically?

Diplomatically arrange a marriage between nations, ending the arrangement with a defensive pact.

That's some pretty innovative Diplomacy.

The thing that really gets me is that this being the Dominions message editor those posts must have taken him like 40 minutes each.

I've got about 50 more

I maintained the NAP.

Please post a few more

Innovative, not stupid.

I've won that matchup very handily with just the LoTNS and Solar rays spam. It also helps that to get that rolling doesn't take a great deal of research. Yogis are great lab rats so you can usually hit them before they can hit any of their research goals or amass too many manikans.

Tiger riders also blend low prot enemies so that helps a great deal. Your big concern is making sure you have a counter for their sacreds. Your S1 spam is useless if you get blended by Centaurs. I can't remember what I used to counter them, but I think it might have just been W9 Tiger riders.

>Making more than 2000 gold each turn
>Upkeep is 900
>Treasury is only 700
What the fuck

Checking the monthly recruitment box still takes gold out of your treasury.

production..
events
etc

wew
Thought I unchecked it but I didn't

Yea just double checked, he was running W9N9 but my Tigers still won with W9E4. Black Centaurs are Size 3 and aren't mounted so even with 22+ Def from W9 by the 12th attack/square from the tigers they're a near guarantee hit and their base prot before berserking is like 9 so tigers can hit them pretty hard. If you're getting in an early war too, not too many worries about him having Wooden Warriors up yet so it's a pretty safe matchup.

Also rewatching battles Solar Rays hits a whole square so it can burn up manikans super quick. I also apparently didn't wait for LotNS I just grabbed Thaug 1 for communions and rushed for solar rays so I only need Evo 2 to start burning them up. Would suggest if you're running a communion friendly bless instead of W9.

>send d1 to sitesearch
>finds +5 death gems
xd

I'VE BEEN LAYING SIEGE TO PANGAEA FOR FUCKING AGES. FUCKING GIVE UP YOU DAFT FUCK

*summons some more wolves*

THERE'S LITERALLY NOTHING IN THE FORT, I HAVE TWO HUNDRED HORSE-FUCKERS SIEGING THE FORT AND THEY'VE BEEN THERE FOR OVER A YEAR.

you're just lucky that your commanders haven't all gotten the goat-pussy craving

Once I let someone convince me to stop attacking them, by agreeing to allow a third party to certify an armistice between us, then I waited until they moved their army out of position and attacked them.

Is that an actual thing?

It's literally pangaea's major good point.

Seduction

WHAT THE FUCK
I KEEP LEAVING THEIR SHITTY CAPITAL THEN RE-ATTACKING IT AND THEY KEEP SUMMONING FUCKING VINE MEN AND OTHER CANCEROUS SHIT
FUCK IT, I'M DONE

Just have like 5 dudes cast crumble. Whatever, man.

t. Malakal

>size 3
>4 attacks per square
>14 slashing damage per attack
>doesn't even heal between fights
>15 protection
Why are you even scared about these?

>decent prot, mr, strength, atk, def, low gcost for what you get, low rcost, slash resist, pierce resist, flying and 4 attacks per square
slap strength of giants and quickness on them and set them to hold+attack whatever category the enemy mages fall into
done
They're like Steel Maidens if steel maidens could fly and had good starting prot

Whiteys BTFO.

how much pd

1 (ONE)

blesses?

what game?

W9N9 for Pan, N9B9 (???) for Jotun. But he's Mictlan's disciple so maybe it makes some sense.

That teaching game on steam.

Holy shit, my Garmhirdings rule. I will be super happy if my army of doom devours the ape capital too.

>Giants beating shitty centaurs
HUH I WONDER WHY THEY LOST

>slap strength of giants and quickness on them
If you can't deal with some shitty gargoyle troops when level 8 spells are being thrown around, your problem isn't the gargoyles.

>They're like Steel Maidens if steel maidens could fly and had good starting prot
They have like half the damage output of maidens. Maidens have 50% more attacks per square, and +2 damage. They also do pierce damage, which is better than slash against most targets.

After doing some testing, though, I have to say slash+pierce resist makes them a lot tougher than expected. They'll drop to troops with blunt damage pretty easily, but they beat most pierce/slash troops from sheer longevity.

If you can't get any troops with a blunt weapon they could be pretty scary.

Since when Alt4 + Ench3 is equal to 8?