Touhou General /2hug/ #44

Guarding this general!

Previous Op: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.weebly.com/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.weebly.com/retro-era-pc-98.html

>How to Touhou for baka-ass niggas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd (embed)

>Touhou fangames (AWOL)
pastebin.com/wGZuqr0q (embed)

>Touhou 16!!!
mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY

DEMO LINKS:
AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

Gensokyo is not a video game where we're not disturbing anybody because good mods don't exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

multiplayerpiano.com/2hu
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9EYZnSXEla0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is our piano lounge for the duration of this thread
multiplayerpiano.com/2hu

what is this?

Multiplayer piano, to show how terrible we are at playing 2hu music or whatever you want

Piano is nice

Too bad i never touched a piano

You guys got more cute yuyu's?

I rather be a faggot than play with any one of you

Just listen then

But you're already a faggot dude

People who called other people faggots are a faggot themselves.

I'm gonna make sure user have plenty of children to take care of.

Her baby blue and pink colour scheme is so aesthetic

Isn't it?

Fish > Chicken

>Yuyuko listening to vaporwave while she's relaxing
I can believe it.

Which 2hu would make the best mother?

>his 2hu doesn't have thicc eyebrows

Most of them, barring Marisa and Reimu, however, the vast majority would also be shitty wives.

Funny, considering Reimu needs to have a child or Gensokyo is doomed, unless Yukari makes her immortal or something

Yeah, I've mentioned that in the past, though technically the Ying Yang orbs only being usable by the hakurei bloodline is PC-98 canon, with no mentions in windows canon. So it may be different.

inb4 it turns out Reimu is barren

Underrated.

So, out of curiosity how does Youkai extermination even work in the first place? I can get Reimu blasting away with shinto powers destroying youkai, but what about Sakuya or Marisa, they're not overly religious, hell Sakuya apparently claims herself as an atheist, so is it just magical means that are capable of harming youkai? Are Sakuya's knives made of silver or something else with mystical properties then? But what about Nue? Wasn't she defeated by conventional weapons used by a bunch of peasants from the village?

No Youkai actually get exterminated throughout most of the series, every battle after 6is fought using danmaku so even a villager could take on Yukari

Think Youkai like as an ice-type pokemon, they got shitton of weaknesses.

>So even a villager can take on Yukari
I doubt most villagers have the capabilities to even participate in a danmaku battle, never mind beating someone like Yukari.

I just find it odd that "conventional weapons" are apparently one of them if a bunch of people can beat up Nue.

It's not a power level thing dude, you fight on an even playing ground with Danmaku

I mean, it does even the odds a bit, but to my understanding, strength (or at least how much of your full strength you put in) correlates to the actual difficulty of your danmaku. Which is why stage 6 and final stage bosses are generally the stronger characters around of course I'm also looking at this from an in universe perspective instead of a gameplay perspective.

Golden Ratio?

Fuck, I meant stage 6 and extra stage bosses.

Yes.

So now that Momiji is a lost cause and chink Mokou is on her way to become another prodigy for the meme-machine, who do you think is the next one to suffer the same fate?

Describe this character with a single word

>Mokou suffering
Nah. She's actually a character compared to the meme dog so it isn't THAT bad.The artist draws very cute and lewd Mokous even if she doesn't draw memes anyway

>The artist draws very cute and lewd Mokous
!?

I haven't seen chink mokou that much anymore like some months ago where it was in pretty much every board and even "normies" were posting it in other sites like
>fb
I really hope people got tired from it by now, I don't want her to turn into another momiji.

Maid

Flat

Netorare

best

Same artist, believe it or not.

Pic related is also made by chink's mokou artist

Here's more.

>no subtle steaming from the drops on her chest
if only.

I want to wiggle Wriggle's wriggles

no molesting the boys

No withholding marriage from puberty girls

>not picking a better artist
I'm not even a fan of the bug, but come on my dood.

At least the artist I showed doesn't draw Wriggle with jaws that can pierce the heaven.

but how are you supposed to wiggle her wriggles if the artist can't draw them user?

Last time I checked Wriggle canonly doesn't have diamond jaw.

Well, canonicly she doesn't have a jaw. Who'd want a weak no chin 2hu like this?

>No pointy chin = No jaw
?

I mean ZUN didn't bother even giving her a chin, just a rounded head. this is ignoring both of your pictures have short, pointed jaws anyways.

But in Wriggle's spirite she did have some curve, just not extremely sharp like your artist.

Chicken>fish.
Mokou and Momiji are nothing alike. Mokou has always been popular and many official works feature her, whoever thinks she's only popular due to memes is deluding themselves. Momiji has only sparse information in stuff like DS comments that get ignored by her "fans" anyway. An overlap between Momiji fans and Aunn fans wouldn't surprise me though.
Reference.

How the hell did Momiji even become such a meme anyways? If anything I feel like Clownpiece could possibly go the same route as Momiji.

B-but he's begging for it.

Dogposters who want their humanoid pet. She's also popular on /pol/, it seems.

Yeah that's what I mean, how'd she even become /pol/'s personal mascot anyhow? It's also why I can see Clownpiece taking her place once she falls out of favor. Considering she's literally wearing the stars and stripes.

>how'd she even become /pol/'s personal mascot anyhow?
Ohayous are posted even outside /jp/, so maybe someone posted a Momiji one on /pol/ and it caught on, no idea. I don't think they would care about who Momiji is
>she's literally wearing the stars and stripe
just like they wouldn't care if Clownpiece is actually a Greek nymph. To them, they're generic anime girls.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of /pol/ didn't even know that Momiji is a touhou. It probably started with the awoo~ meme and someone on /pol/ shopped a maga hat on that image and it caught on.

At least Mokou is not just loved for being a meme.

Mokou is good, but I like Kaguya more.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9EYZnSXEla0
Shou is the mother of 11 of my children.

You're implying no one love Momiji if it wasn't for memes? I love Momiji long before I know she was a meme.

I guess it's not hard to love a piece of cardboard user.

Momiji or Mokou? Mokou is unbelievably flat in WaHH.

Momiji literally has no character. So I think the answer is obvious.

At least Momiji isn't a murderer who kill someone for stupid reasons.

I didn't know we were talking about Reimu

Mokou canonly murder someone for the Hourai Elixir.

It was all Kaguya's fault.

>implying this is bad
I swear, some people treat characters as if they're real people and not, you know, characters of a work of fiction who are supposed to be interesting.
Getting your hands on an immortality elixir is hardly a stupid reason too.

Immortality is a pretty good reason to kill someone over it if that's what you're after

Sure, wanting to kill a person for the Elixir just to take revenge on Kaguya because she rejects her father's marriage proposal is enough to consider Mokou as a well-written character. To go to such a length for a father who doesn't even love her is pretty damn retarded.

Have you read CiLR? Oh wait, you haven't.
Tell us what makes Momiji a well written character, by the way.

It had nothing to do with the proposal itself, it had to do with the fact that kaguya was a raging bitch that was taking every one of her suitors for a ride with her literally impossible requests.

She disgraced every family that tried with her shit about having everything she sent the people out for to start with. Those that lied about what they brought back got it even worse because she could pull out the real versions and call them liars, which is devastating.

Its hard being a noble family in japan when you are publicly disgraced as a liar by the bitch princess of the lunar kingdom.

Momiji is so bland people forget that most people don't even realize that she hates Aya
>but what about all those yuri doujins featuring Mokou and Kaguya
for some reason, a lot of people interpret two characters hating each other as "they must want to fuck", whereas Momiji just doesn't like Aya and usually avoids her

Hey, I'm just saying Mokou is shittier than Momiji. What part did I get wrong? Why do you think "going such a length for a father who never love her" and "killing people for the Elixir JUST because Kaguya rejects her father marriage proposal" not retarded? I'm not the one who throw the first punch first.

You mean to say Mokou want to take revenge on Kaguya for embarrassing other people? That's stupid if that's true.

>still hasn't answered the question
>needs explanations for things he could know if he actually knew canon
Ok.

Mokou's story isn't canon?

>tengu means "heavenly dog"
>tengus are almost always depicted on media as bird people
Why was Zun the only one to get it right?

>You mean to say Mokou want to take revenge on Kaguya for embarrassing other people? That's stupid if that's true.

It would be in our culture, but honor is everything in japan, especially back then. When mokou's father was tasked with finding the jeweled branch of hourai, and not finding it, he came back with an approximation hoping it would work. Kaguya proved he was lying about it by producing the real branch, and effectively destroyed any reputation he might have had as a noble.

Lying on such a large scale and getting outed for it isn't something as simple as "Embarassing" people. Its destroying their reputations for life.

You know, considering Kaguya pulled the "I had the real thing the whole time!" trick so many times, you'd figure somebody would eventually call her out on her shit

Being honest, i think she only did it the once. It just happened to be mokou's dad at the receiving end of a hot hard disgrace dicking.

Where did you know this?

It'd be pretty funny if someone did though, she'd only have 2 options if a suitor did
>admit it and let him marry her
or
>lie and when he brings back a fake you either have to marry him or get ousted as a liar

Kaguya and mokou come from the "Tale of the bamboo cutter", an actual story about kaguya doing all these things.

Mokou is technically an add-on, but in such a way that it doesn't interfere with the original story.

There's enough meme's about ritual suicide for retarded shit that this should just be assumed.

Frankly, if mokou's dad got off with not having to kill himself, then he got the good end of that deal.

Is these even canon? I can't find these anywhere.

Dude, its one part japanese cultural knowledge and one part japanese story knowledge.

While all it says is that "Kaguya embarassed mokou's father" it can be inferred that this ruined his reputation because he was publicly outed as a liar.

Honor is everything in japan, and failing to uphold it can get you fucking killed. 1300 years ago were dark times.

Also, how can you not find that kaguya is literally kaguyahime from the tale of the bamboo cutter? Even her theme is called "Lunatic Princess ~ Flight of the Bamboo Cutter" a clear reference to the story. Not to mention having the items from the "Impossible tasks"

Seriously, get yourself some culture.

If it isn't canon then it isn't relevant. The Touhou story are different from the Japanese culture. Hell, Miko was a guy if we take Japanese story as canon.

The only canon thing that Kaguya did to Mokou's father was rejecting his marriage proposal and that's why Mokou hates her.

Nigger are you stupid? All of that is canon.

Link please

To what? That 1300 years ago japanese culture sucked or that kaguya is the same one from the story?

You serious? I'm asking for the link of official literature that ZUN write the story that you mentioned.

Not the guy you're arguing with, but it is not canon unless specifically stated by ZUN. Kaguya's and Mokou's story is obviously a reference to the original tale, but unless ZUN specifically states that all of this happened in 2hu too it is not confirmed canon.