/rog/ - Ragnarok Online General

79 iq edition

>which server is /rog/ playing?

OriginsRO
5x/5x/5x/3x Episode 0.9 pre-trans with updates coming
Guild: Moebros
PM Routver or ask any Moebro for invite, we idle east of Prontera tool dealer.
Classic spawns, check wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Main_Page for info also @whereis [mob name] and @mapmobs [map name]

Other urls found in this thread:

irowiki.org/wiki/Element
forum.ratemyserver.net/general-discussion/difference-between-pre-renewal-and-renewal-ro/
youtube.com/watch?v=00Oaa3SDsq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dead

Just let it die, nobody plays leika anymore.

i think about that when i remake these threads

but then we keep getting new players on origins, so it's kinda worth

dead

dead

rout you playin today senpai?

this shit is shit and dead

Mangum Bump!

>origins is as stale as it gets
>leika keeps getting better

oh shit they actually updated?

time to redownlaod

Superior japanese design

THICC

soon

alright well i'm around but no one was on so just drop a msg when you're on

[Cat Image]

[Sad cat pic]

That has been a thing since forever. I remember years ago, some tardo posted 1-2year old pics of lelkek of him alone doing saiyan things. It was as someone was being nostalgic of when he was alone in keknebbal, saddest shit ever.

He goes by the name of Psor Poplavsky

who are you

How do we fix /rog/?

Go back in time and erase renewal

fuck off nobbashill

leika may be dead but at least it's a good server, meanwhile nobody with IQ above 80 will touch your shitheap unless you pay them

Remove clique and start playing nobba

>jejnibble babby fighting over which saiyan is the strongest

>overpowered +15 end game gear and rares
>m-muh saiyan

every time lmao

funny thing is that the leika's caption is some bullshit from their beta or early 2015 phase before most changes took place, I could barely pull a 200k arrow storm with white wing set, elven bow+endow and unlimit on 0 def dummies

>endow vs target dummies

what did he mean by this?

irowiki.org/wiki/Element

Bump

Hey /rog/, maybe this will make this poor thread live a little longer.
>Started playing RO when I was like 7 or something
>Had no fucking ideia what a RPG was and my character was a mage that went all the way up to fucking scholar killing low level creatures hitting them with his scepter
>It took ages but I was having fun you know?
Now, as I got older I tried playing things like WOW and TERA and I discovered something: I dislike MMOs. But the only one I would like to give an actual try is this one for nostalgia's sake. So I have 2 questions:
>What's the best class and build for a lone player?
>What is this renewal shit and why people talk so ill about it? I figure it was a shitty update and I want to know if it happened before or after I stopped playing
>Does /rog/ gets more traffic during updates? I remember browsing Veeky Forums's catalog not so long ago and seeing longer lived threads

Oh shit, those are 3 questions. Sorry, the third one came later

classic/pre-re --> str/vit/dex knight, agi/dex hunter

renewal --> ranger (by far the cheapest starting solo char)

renewal changed a ton of shit, read rms threads like this forum.ratemyserver.net/general-discussion/difference-between-pre-renewal-and-renewal-ro/

people hate it because it caters to WoW babbies that want to see big numbers. the #1 issue is that there is almost no challenge for most classes to solo every mvp an instance.

Sniper/Ranger

Renewal is an updated that completely changed most of the mechanics in the game and introduced a new level for the classes. People dislike it because it turned everyone into supersaiyan bulldozers that can solo everything in PvM, (see >> ), streamlined the classes to the point where everyone could AoE, everyone had some form of CC, etc. And you just do quests instead of grinding, basically it WoW-ized the game. On the other hand the renewal players like it because it actually delivers new content and the aforementioned streamlining actually balanced the classes better and you have a much wider arrange of useful skills, also you don't feel like a useless piece of shit until you aquire endgame gear + support.
Basically the update cleaved the community in two very opinionated halves, with only few people who play/enjoy both.

No, the updates happen on gook and jap officials and we barely hear about them, they might reach iRO 5 gazillion years later and people here mostly play on private servers anyway because officials are trash. The lifeforce of /rog/ is dependent on whether a few autists are currently wanting to play RO, they'll keep the threads alive through shitposting and attract randoms, when a server dies down and people disperse /rog/ usually starts dying again. It's frequently died for periods of months and maybe even a year. I don't even remember why it revived this time around.

how about this
hocus party this weekend

Sounds fun. What do we need to prepare.

Thanks. Around what year this renewal started?

R in this pic

we already have over a thousand yellow gems and into the abyss, we're game

Mid 2010? Yeah, It was after I stopped playing. Thanks a bunch

4u

Okay
I dont feel like playing lately, what do.

wait for 2080 update :^)

but yeah after almost 3 months for me, it's getting pretty stale without any update even in sight

who dis

Sad days, bro. I just log, do something alone and quiet, don't get anything good, then delog.

Who do you think I am.

tfw too busy playing a shitty phone game to update your server

without a fun new dungeon in sight, it's just real hard to keep plowing the same shit

That's what I told yo mumma

Why don't you faggots play this instead of playing on shitty outdated server or shitty jejnibble servers?
youtube.com/watch?v=00Oaa3SDsq4

How do I level a pure forger

Looks like shit

Leech experience

you leech it to 99 with a slave firebolt 10 sage

YOU look like shit.

*at migaos btw

Welp. that's hard work

even vanilla jejnubbal is multiple leagues above this trash

a drama queen

Shouldn't main alchemist on a server without homunculus, friend

that's too far

People who play renewal prefer WoW to RO, that's a fact. I remember one of those kekbabbs in some rog thread bragging how amazing battlegrounds is in keknebbal and that's where the enjoyment of keknebbal is, which was always a bootleg gook copy of WoW.

WoW pvp was superior to every iteration of RO

period

What's the best solo MVP class, pre-renewal, but also post update that made boss VIT 30 so AD isn't the way to go

champion

>30 vit
nice meme

Ok. It's literally been since 08-09 since I've played. What MVPs can champs take down relatively easy? I'm on a newish server and I'm having issues farming gear (Morpheus' set for example). Players really don't have shops set up, and killing Detale is a bitch.

How is this a meme? It objectively makes Creators worse.

because only a few mvps got their vit reduced so much and because ad is still pretty powerful even like that

VIT30 only made chems spend more bombs. You can still rekt non-ghost MvPs with bragi + ad spam.

Try camping atroces since selling ulle's cap early on will help you to get better gears. Set up bragi and service on your spawn point and warpsura him to ded.

fuck trees seriously

can't even see mvp

>yfw no qt choco dancer gf

fuck off niggerlover

There's grf's that remove trees

>I want to remove the game from the game

Well the game is shit, so yeah.

>I remember one of those kekbabbs in some rog thread bragging how amazing battlegrounds is in keknebbal and that's where the enjoyment of keknebbal is

The funniest part was that he was bragging about some dead 10 man BG in Nobba and more importantly he actually believed BG was some renewal-only thing. He literally didn't even know the BG type on Nobba is custom pserver creation that was made for pre-renewal servers more than half a decade ago and has historically always been the main attraction for midrates and upwards (A certain server famously hit 100v100 BGs).

ayyyynebal

does psor post here still?

Not since forever. Only terpispoor shill his server here sometimes.

ok manuel

RIP Psor, I knew him well

resu

Wake up

reez

dead

IMO, if you're gonna play a low rate, just play on an official server.

It's morning for most people in the guild

i feel bad for our staya/kiwi guildies but their timezone is literally fucked for euro + americas players