/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 26th of September:
1687 – The city council of Amsterdam votes to support William of Orange's invasion of England, which became the Glorious Revolution.
1907 – New Zealand and Newfoundland each become dominions within the British Empire.
1918 – World War I: The Meuse-Argonne Offensive, the bloodiest single battle in American history, begins.
1933 – As gangster Machine Gun Kelly surrenders to the FBI, he shouts out, "Don't shoot, G-Men!", which becomes a nickname for FBI agents.
1942 – The Holocaust: August Frank, a higher official of the SS concentration camp administration department, issues a memorandum containing a great deal of operational detail in how Jews should be "evacuated".

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 25/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1046202
EU4 DD 19/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1044623

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/DKkDaqnx
mediafire.com/file/w1mam119y240gj9/M&T_v2.01.7z
imgur.com/a/OP4r8
discord.gg/nKyGsM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report ignore shitposting

white men

what mod do I play for ck2?

haven't been on /gsg/ in about two months
what are some recent memes

bomber

that's not true
regards: palmyra professional

>1942 – The Holocaust: August Frank, a higher official of the SS concentration camp administration department, issues a memorandum containing a great deal of operational detail in how Jews should be "evacuated".

HPM Why do You hate South America
AI Argentina, Brazil, Mexico or maybe even Colombia should be able to get more immigrants and become GPs in like, 5% of games.

wrong on all accounts
however, la plata could potentially become #1, that would bde nice

You're fucking wrong kill you'reself

t. brasilAno

Should I?

t. favela shitters

no

americAno

rude

How did you know that?

r8 my Great Powers

Wtf I hate La Plata now (i was learning spanish btw)

It's very black and unbased (I wasn't learning spanish btw)

>mexico is a gp

Disgusting.

During my current Bavaria game, the Teutonic Order somehow managed to become an monarchy in 1475, got an marriage with them. But how exactly is that possible? There where no wars or events that I know of coud have made this happen?

WHERE THE FUCK IS CK2 user'S MUSIC MOD WHAT THE FUCK R&I BRING IT BACK FOR FUCKS SAKE

>Retard gets the thread deleted so he can post his super special version
so fucking epic

HPM hates south america

and rightly so

reminder that saying that manchus are chinese is completely reasonable and considered mostly accurate, but saying that austrians are german is unacceptable and can lead to accusations of you being ignorant or even mad.

how could he hate his homeland?

reminder that all south americans hate themselves

You wasn't born there I see.

>You wasn't
the absolute STATE of south american education

t. Genny boy

tnazigram.com

I'm russian and my english education is purely ad hoc.

I got a pirated version of HoIIV

Germany, at war with Poland and the whole alliance but the focus doesn't bypass so I can't select Danzig or War to select Operation Weserübung nor Around Marginot.

I'm of a mind to just mod it and not make it prerequisite, but that's kind a silly.

Any other ideas?

>russian
w&b, you're forgiven lad

>Any other ideas?
uninstall.exe and install DH or HoI3

Don't play meme games. Get a mod that fixes obvious idioticies if you want it so much.

>This day in the holocaust, 27th of September
Is this the state of gsg 2017?

But Austrians are German. I'm more irked by Paradox making me able unable to have both noth and south Germans as primary citizens in unified Germany than I am by historically illiterate retards who know nothing of the HRE.

This is only going to keep happening if everyone enables R&I, you know.

Reminder that HPM will completely remove genocide from the game.

I kinda like the production system and the army designer.
Meme games? Recommendations for mods?

Oh, you're new.

Try Expert AI. Without it, the game is as dull as it gets. If you want consistent focus trees that actually make sense, try Kaiserreich for example. I don't play HoI 4 so I can't suggest much, only that you set it aside in favor of previous games.

Reposting from last thread:

It'll be some time before everything is together and ready for me to do a real test, but I'm poking around in the current version of HIP a little, trying out the general area around Lithuania where I want to start and seeing how mechanics for Romuva stand at the moment. I'm also taking a second, better look at how the current game rule settings look now that I'm at home and have the game on my SSD, rather than barely running at 3 speed as it was on my laptop a few months back.

As with the old AAR I'm going to have house rules for myself, so I went and dug up the old post of them and edited them slightly, including a couple new stipulations and, most importantly, the current game rules I intend to play with. When if the rape mod is finished some new house rules will probably be formalized, and when HIP updates I expect them to change the game rules available and I'll need to update the list for them as well, but for now I expect this is broadly indicative of the way I'm going to play it.

Most everything is common-sense and along the lines of the last AAR except for points 4, 10, 11, and 12. Feel free to provide feedback and ask questions, although keep in mind this is tentative. I would particularly like to enable secret cults despite their presently being disabled, but this all relies upon HIP being able to balance them well in upcoming versions.

pastebin.com/DKkDaqnx

This month, as in a few days? No. Not even really by October now, in fact; I anticipated Paradox releasing the new DLC much quicker, but I now suspect it might not even be out until November. I do ideally need the mod by late October or early November, but it's not quite as much a rush now.

1)That's dealt with for the next version.

2)At some point I will take a look at them.

3)Cuirassiers shouldn't need to be invented since they aren't that new. I will just give them the invention.

4)No. Differently from the ones you mentioned, the Ottomans were forced to recognize Serbia sovereignty in two wars.

5)That's why Dalmatia has cores there. I don't have any plans to change it.

What is a fun thing to do as Italy in HoI4? I have fun say, invading Spain or Persia after Ethiopia. I feel like going east would be fun, but I only get one conquest before the allies stick their noses in it, and then it just gets tedious and boring. I want to have fun with a single 24 stack campaigning around the east.

Try Japan vs. USSR in DH. Was very fun for me.

Are you already working on the extended timeline?

This kills the burger

F

>1957
>No research set
Kill yourself.

I have to admit, that DH was way better. Never really played Kaiserreich since I have no idea what's supposed to happen.

But yeah, wanna try this one anyway.

How would I alter HPM so that I can allow internal migration while the borders are closed? For some reason the newer versions don't allow this.

How much do you care about how your borders look?

HPM, you'd better answer this since you broke the system.

A lot.

I'm here, more than half a day later.

What's the newest M&T and where can I find it? t.pedo

I didn't intervene to stop pic related from happening, for starters.

They are a major factor in peace deals, I really hate dicks going up blobs asses just so I have few more pops

mediafire.com/file/w1mam119y240gj9/M&T_v2.01.7z

Does anyone still play EU3? The last time I visited gsg was like 4 years ago and now people are advocating for EU4. Has it really improved that much? I'm playing MEIOU in 3 and it's pretty fun, despite being a little buggy and having no tooltips.

ah yes

AARnon, do you have a link to your Napoleon AAR? That's the only one I haven't read yet.

When I drink, like I do now, i get the feeling that RandI is kinda gay. I mean who else would do that kind of thing.

Sure, here it is. Keep in mind it's the first AAR so in my opinion it doesn't quite hold up as well as it could, but hopefully it's still a fun read.

imgur.com/a/OP4r8

I really need to archive the damn Britain AAR, I'll probably do that later tonight.

r8

>implying holocaust didn't happen
The_Donald

wew laplatty mate ebin white and based es fuarko will come shitpostiums

uuh why is um/s filtred o_O

homens brancos como foda

Which start date is better in HIP? Is the Viking age any less fucked than vanilla? What are some characters to play as to get a feel for the mod?

negro e retardaeo

Pretty much just a better game at this point. Still not great or anything, though. Try it for yourself and see.

That makes no sense, you are probably mistaken

yes please keep them coming
He adds "ums" to the end of every single blob as a reference to gross germaniums. Annoying as shit.

Your panicked crosslinking betrays your intimidation.

we sc2g now

Thanks man, can't wait for the new one.

please tell me it'll be more character focused than the last ones

negro e retardeao

>you are probably mistaken
and you are probably retarded

Could someone post the link to the Discord?

Ask in steam group

*tips*
I'll give you a hint, press Ctrl-F. You're a big boy, I'm sure you can figure it out?

>You're a big boy
For you.

>be hussite bohemia
>get elected as emperor

what?

I guess you just are not crowned by the pope this way.

It's a CK2 AAR, so yes, that's the goal. I'm going to be changing a few things about how I do the AAR this time to make it more dynamic as well, so hopefully that'll result in higher-quality writing and presentation as well.

You'd think there'd be an event if that happened

>parakeks in charge of immersion
duh

Why the fuck hasn't HPM fixed Korea's landscape yet?

He did, wait for the next update.

discord.gg/nKyGsM

Always saged your AAR's because I prefer to play than to read but because of boredom I peeped into this napoleon AAR and its fucking fantastic. Ill be waiting for your CK2 one. Looking for any help? t.ck2pro

r8 yuroop

you have to go back.

gsg is dying we need new meme soon

communist monarchy

No, not particularly, but thanks for the kind words. CK2 is probably the game I'm most familiar with, so there won't be any problems in terms of gameplay. That's part of the reason why I'm adding so many house rules, to actually make it harder for myself.