/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

New SMT HD project info coming October 23rd.
gematsu.com/2017/09/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-news-coming-october-23

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

atlus.com/atlus-and-emulation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Toasting in ebin bread

Mastema or Mansemat?

In other words,

it's good for your brain

...whatever that means.

Everybody finally died?

Post that pic. You know the one.

cucksona is truly the future of megaten

Is this side story stuff new to the PSP version of EP? The music is different from the rest of the game. It's also pretty difficult since you only have Tatsuya with Apollo, so healing can only be done with items.

Yeah, it's new.

>he knows nippon so he can play PSP EP
>tfw still waiting for the translation

>no featuring dante from devil may cry series sticker
Weak

YOU BLIND MOTHERFUCKER

its right at the top you fucking moron

is that junpei to the left of revelations/saga?

I love you

Where? Is it super tiny or something?

Top left you blind retard

top left and if you're pulling a "merely heetending, ho" i'll end you

Damn is that some phenomenal fan art there.
>Kenako made a shit ton of original art for all the ps2 games
>for SJ all he did was the main four character, a few new demons like Mem Aleph, and the cover art
It's a real shame, I would love to see him interpret some of the scenes in the game.

Ayy, got my daily quota of 4 (You)s from /smtg/. Thanks, bros! Smell ya later!

>i was merely pretending to be retarded

Starting up an MBONINSNRND0XP run of master difficulty IV, what am I in for?

just type it out for fucks sake

A what?

How embarrasing

It's a clearly different anagram, user.

But all right. Mandatory battles only no items no shop no recruit no death 0xp run. Happy?

I don't think that's possible

>MBONINSNRND0XP
Mastema Blows On Nine Incredible Nauseating Servants Necking Really Nasty Dumb Zero Xtreme Pixies?

i never said it wasnt, but why cant he just type it out instead of using some shitty anagram?

>no recruit
>0xp
Impossible. A no fusion, no shop, mandatory battles only run may be doable up to a point though.

Man, you're the biggest faggot in this general. Never come back.

This is why we need Drawfags.

>biggest faggot
beadman doesn't play the games though

Well I am allowing fusion. So it won't be that bad.

Oh, it is. I've done similar runs for FFV and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, so this is right up my ally. I know every mechanic of SMT4 to a t and my brain can process 6 decimal figures, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing.

Hero died for our sins you insensitive piece of shit.

>Well I am allowing fusion. So it won't be that bad.
How do you plan on fusing demons if you can't recruit them?

hes a retard, also he is trolling, see
> I know every mechanic of SMT4 to a t and my brain can process 6 decimal figures, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing.

Don't you have to get 3 demons in tutorial?
Then it would just be a question of resummoning from compendium and slowly growing compendium .
Good luck with 0xp though, without limit removal you're absolutely fucked in a single hit.

Does anyone know the lowest number of demons needed to eventyally fuse all of the compendium?

There are some demons that are forced to join your party. Also, and my bad, I'm allowing for recruitment only in cases where a demon begs for its life.

Well, I do. I can predict damage from any attack in SMT4 with +0.000001 degree uncertaintly. I also have an eidetic memory, if that helps.

See, this guy gets it. I'm thinking of getting around the 0xp by using hp increasing accessories and armor that can be taken from chests.

By the way, the exact amount is 6 demons for all fuseable demons. The exercise of figuring those demons' races will be left to the reader.

>I'm allowing for recruitment only in cases where a demon begs for its life.

You need to kill demons for that to happen.

Well, yes, I'm not going to have 100% run rate from battles, so it is possible the spells they use may reflect off me and kill them before I escape, thus triggering the pleading stage.

>I also have an eidetic memory, if that helps.

super autismo pls go

stream it on twitch to impress other nerds for money or something. theres no macca here for u

this image gives me a sense of impending doom

Atlus cracking down on Emufags: atlus.com/atlus-and-emulation/

Thoughts?

Emulators don't violate copyright laws, downloading ROMs does. Atlus doesn't have a case at all.

they're dumb
The emulator is 100% legal, if they want to fight muh piracy they should fight torrent sites and such.
Every megaten game i played has been emulated, and i'll probably keep going at it.
Try to get any megaten game in Poland, i dare you, i double dare you.

RPSC3's statement starts with
>The morning of September 23rd we woke up to a calling card.
Joker's gonna get 'em.

>We understand that many Persona fans would love to see a PC version. And while we don’t have anything to announce today, we are listening!
pcfags are the worst

Atlus absolutely fucked. It's a PR disaster.

>would love to see a PC version
>For now, the best way to experience Persona 5 is on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3
>For now
Mustard rice bros unite

It's fuckin' hilarious. I hope they keep it gone too.

thank you

Am I going to have to fix this again? I didn't keep the original, but I'll remake it if I have to.

Don't care, surprised Atlus actually did it though.

It's about Persona 5, who fucking cares.

>page 10

Absolutely furious emufags detected

B-But, think about preserving the games for a lifetime! :^)

what the fuck is wrong with her ass

What did you expect from low quality ecchi "art"?

Keroberosu had his way.

*Loki

what if atlus releases a remake of giten (or a game in its style) for PC

would that make up for the DMCA shit

no one cares about giten but us

They don't have to make up for nothing because they've done no wrong.

i just want a god damn dungeon crawler designed for PC god damnit

What does this ailment mean again?

LOSARM

it means you LOSARM

>Seriously, it's kind of creepy how far some of you guys go to defend alignments in a video game by trying to write a philosophy 101 paper on me or whatever
Really, now? Somebody makes good arguments and suddenly caring about a game's plot/philosophical viewpoints is creepy? Nice ad hominem.
You tried to argue yourself, the only difference is that that guy actually wrote some decent shit.

I get that a lot of you neuters want to consider their route is the best one without actually thinking about why it should be. It's fine if you don't want to care about the ideological aspect of MT but please don't just say that other alignments are shit without any basis since other people who find the ideological shit interesting will respond with actual arguments which either leads to you getting buttblasted and not responding or creating a huge shitstorm because neuters are triggered.
I know a lot of you hate"the alignment war" but it (excluding all those emotional overreactions) was actually interesting since neuters tried for a change.

I will never get why people can't just ignore this stuff and let other people enjoy their discussions.
Just either accept that lawfags make better arguments in these threads or start giving good arguments for neutral yourself. Alignment discussion can be a lot of fun, if you don't take it serious enough to actually get emotional over someone saying that he finds his alignment morally better. It's just a video game.

What are your thoughts on Chaos?

Not even us. I couldn't give a shit less.

love yourself
play megami tensei ii

law sux

honestly just give me vanilla giten but not buggy as all fuck

also maybe without a batshit difficulty curve, who the fuck thought that second dantelion fight was acceptable

What's something Megaten related that I can blow my money on?

It's a pity that I've never seen chaosfags participate in alignment discussion on here.
Maybe because what they believe is right is fundamentally different from neutral- and lawfags. While the latter try to do what is best for society in general and have the same goal in that regard, chaos' focus lies on the individual.
They want complete freedom which most likely goes against any form of society. Each individual is free to do what they seem fit/ what they think is best.

I think Chaos is a valid alignment, the only problem I see with it, is that humanity doesn't seem to be suited for complete freedom. Complete freedom in MT pretty much always ends in the strong ones oppressing the weaker which leads to a fuckton of suffering and restricted freedom for the oppressed (you're free to grow stronger, doesn't sound that convincing to me). Which doesn't matter much for chaosfags, I guess, since they only care about the individual. But if you want both humanity being free and a lot of individuals being able to lead a happy life, you really need to have a lot of faith in humanity, believing that they can handle freedom.

Actually thinking about it now, Musubi sounds like Chaos gone right. You have complete freedom, you are fully independent from others and you're not able to hurt others, or having your own freedom get oppressed by others only because they are stronger.
Interesting. Until now I have never considered Musubi as Chaos.

Of course I'm only talking about what I think are the reasons for people choosing Chaos / what I think is the main ideological stance of Chaos.
If there are any chaosfags (or people in general) with a different viewpoint here, you're more than welcome to write what you think defines Chaos. Regarding ideological discussion it's really the most neglected alignment on here.

Who's holding Jonathan and Walter?

Memes.

Burroughs