/xcg/ - XCOM General

THIS WORLD IS OURS Edition

Previous victory:
News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

Some degeneracy or whatever
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xySQzhgzr5M
imgur.com/SnSR2ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=6iS9mOPO6R4
youtube.com/watch?v=CyTto4AIO7o
youtu.be/vytvfOq5jdE?list=PLydXsA6zXiiugYd6wOLJ_YdjhOFe6lcns
youtube.com/watch?v=evnMp_EYnAo
youtube.com/watch?v=ce9FEQdXDfQ
youtu.be/XC5dgn02rRs
youtube.com/watch?v=CFXzvgsB328
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=658977800
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for beta strike > vanilla

maybe if you're a beta cuck

THIS WORLD IS USEFUL

3rd for Jake's beautiful handwriting

Is there a mod that adds Ruler armours to hero units? I have a dire need to put my Templar in Icarus armour.

GOD DAMN YOUUUUU

>The absolute madman was gonna make Remote Start a free action

Post favorite combat tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=xySQzhgzr5M

The fourth calendar I realize I never posted. Here you go. Just to be clear I didn't make it I just have it
imgur.com/SnSR2ZM

youtube.com/watch?v=6iS9mOPO6R4

youtube.com/watch?v=CyTto4AIO7o
I'm partial to this.

Tusk and horn mods when?

I want to make my shadow-fu

I made a thing

THIS WORLD IS OURS

>Those frankensoldiers

ELDERS DELETE THIS

SUFFER MY RAGE

My poor boy ;_;

How much damage will an Elder do to itself trying to MC a soldier if I have feedback?

THIS WORLD WILL NEVER BE YOURS AGAIN, TEMPLAR!

What about them?

So how bad are the chosen stronghold missions on beta strike?

I'd imagine destroying the sarcophagi is a bitch if they double the health of them too.

Where do I go to turn delete a bunch of saves at once without doing them one at a time? I know theres a mod for ALL of them, but I just want like the last 100 gone

can you banish execute it?

What do you think?

Documents/MyGames/XCOM2 War of the Chosen/XComGame/SaveData

Bad pattern/10

Seen way hotter women in Atlanta, though perhaps not as muscular.

No.

the aliens continue to make progress on targeting the citizens commander if we want to grab our cut we'll need to move fast and take those bastards out of the objective while we still can, one of vahlen's escaped subjects is guarding the lives of the remaining soldiers confirming the location of the objective move in to limited opportunities for extraction back to colonize one of their planets

youtu.be/vytvfOq5jdE?list=PLydXsA6zXiiugYd6wOLJ_YdjhOFe6lcns

>still no mod that uses the MCann website version of the OST

I just want it

I thought everyone loved pistols for blue-screen rounds sectoid-takedown

>only loving pistols for blue-screen rounds
Your faith is weak. WEAK

Oh I use them on plenty of things, but sectoid-takedown remains the unexpected bonus

I'm so sick of this soundtrack
>2:14
that's a cortex reaver

Does anybody have a link to the very, very early EU tech demo that had lines draw for movement and I think an AP system placeholder with them going room to room in some farmhouse and killing a sectoid or two? I remember at the end they teased the Sectopod's high stance that wasn't used in EU or EW for some reason

this is probably where i'd put my base too desu

I know I have it somewhere, but all I've found so far is this:
youtube.com/watch?v=evnMp_EYnAo

Ugh, Jake. What the fuck were you thinking.

same desu

I can't stand the soundtrack anymore

Here we are: youtube.com/watch?v=ce9FEQdXDfQ

I have the breakthrough that lets me re use all the weapon upgrades I want. Is there an easy way to make them available or do I just have to undo each and every soldiers weapon upgrades one by one by replacing them with crappy ones?

youtu.be/XC5dgn02rRs

Here's another interesting version with a lot of stuff they threw out. IIRC Jake said that a straight up 1:1 remake wasn't what they wanted to do and they wanted to do the more boardgame-esque deal with the premise of XCOM.

I like that they did honestly, it sucks that there's no modern day remake with the same level of presentation Xenonauts is fucking ugly but I can always play OpenXCOM to get back to it.

DEAR GOD MY EARS

Man this demo is hilariously bad

>Jake's voice cracks
I just want to hold him and tell him it will be okay.

So, apparently the hunters rifle lets you shoot again when death from above procs. I just had a serial moment without serial where I shot dead three enemies and wounded another in one go.

I think the PAX East video in the OP goes into the later prototypes, you see stuff like the cover system slowly being made and how there was one giant ugly UI thing that had all the functionality of Target Preview/Gotcha/etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=CFXzvgsB328
>Garth looks like he'd rather be literally ANYWHERE else
>Greg is extremely uncomfortable at the mention of the word "gestation", otherwise has his typical zombie stare
Whatever happened to poor Casey?

God they really believed the game wouldn't get traction didn't they

attempt #3 at exquisite timing
> things are going well skull jack built, black site raided in march
>make contact with 3rd region (only path out of my starting continent)
>Warlock territory
>adversary Reapers
>supply raid pops up
>sitrep: the lost
>"i can win, i feel great, i can do this"
>spectral zombies make a few cars blow up
>grenadier hasn't hit a shoot on the whole mission
>only save 2 crates
>plant a claymore on the warlock, a gorillion lost appear
>it's ogre

Circa 2012, turn-based strategy wasn't exactly thriving. Julian Gollop is being pretty sincere when he says he's very grateful to EU for helping revitalize interest in the genre.

I was halfway done when i took a second glance and realized that isn't Madagascar

>Chucklefuck friend actually tried to argue to me that Fire Emblem Awakening is what revitalized the turn-based strategy genre not long ago

>wotc
>normal
>no ironman
>double turn timers
>double doom clock length

feels comfy slaying all the ayy's no sweat

I usually play on normal and then bump it up to commander once I'm at the top. Like all research done, all projects completed, nothing left to do. I love that now with wotc I can kinda dick around as long as I want and just keep playing

>Savage sitrep
>A-team is on a little break after seeing the horrors of the blacksite
>have to take 3 snipers, a templar, and a rookie
>sabotage transmitter
>have to evac because it's literally impossible with the 3 turns they give me and the pod of 3 faceless right in front of dropzone
>LOL SIGNAL JAMMING HOPE YOU LIKE ANOTHER CAMPAIGN RESTART

Fucking hell, Savage sitreps are garbage tier.
12HP Faceless everywhere, Stun Lancers out the ass. And to top it all off if you're on a timed mission you can essentially say fuck it. They're on par with Surgical and Low Profile

fucking tharjafags

I just got fucked by Savage yesterday, I didn't think it'd be that bad, but then fucking like 3 Berserkers 3 Faceless and 4 Chryssalids are all clumped by the objective.

>Savage sitreps are garbage tier.

No, you just brought a really bad team for them. Kit your soldiers out for close range, so lots of Rangers and Templars/Skirmishers and they're a joke.

I had no choice. My Rangers and Skirmisher were either injured or tired or both

>I had no choice

Which is fair enough, but they're still absurdly easy if you have the right soldiers available. Watching pods of Chryssalids and Lancers throw themselves into a wall of Bladestorm is fun.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Actually things have changed alot, and for the better

snekposting needs to return

>game has been out for over a year and a half now
>still no lamia mod

Is it even worth it to make a medkit at the beginning of a Legend campaign? Seeing as how your guys are either at full health or dead with no in between it seems like a waste

I've gotten Savage on the 2nd month where I hadn't met the Templars yet and didn't have mag weapons. Completed the objective before evac but there was no way I was going to deal enough damage to kill all of those faceless. Didn't have enough soldiers on the roster to bring a team of all rangers, either.

Seriously, lamia soldiers fucking WHEN?

>sectoid-takedown
whats this?

I'm on the 4th month of my L/I campaign. 4 or 5 deaths and am rolling with a pretty strong roster. No medkits made and I'm not sure when I'd ever bother with one desu.

He means Sectopod. Slap Bluescreen rounds on a Gunslinger, then Lightning Hands>Fan Fire>1 extra shot.

Are the flashbang/smoke worth it either or do I keep hold of my shekels

I use it solely for stabilize or stopping a death due to poison

Never liked using flashbangs for anything but clearing mind control and never preferred smokes over killing them faster

Flashbang is the first thing I buy after gatecrasher. Gonna need it to break mind control on sectoids or disorient a trooper or 2 when things get hairy in the first couple of months.

Never buy smoke grenades.

>tfw we got both doom and RB6 siege ports

Is it better to build Rangers for shotguns or swords this time round? Haven't gotten a chance to play WoTC yet

Both, because you can.

both, you'll see what i mean

Is there a way to /remove/ items with console commands? For some reason the proving ground skipped over both plated vest and just gave me a second hazmat suit, and tracer rounds, just giving me a second set of dragon rounds. I'm gonna console command them back in but wanna get rid of the extras to even things out.

You know the items are random, right? You can jsut get duplicates sometimes.

The items are random

I thought they worked in a roulette, first one is randomized but then each one after that is going to follow a specific list order

>tfw the ayys start targeting the medic

>Bro! What'd I fucking say about dropping us in front of XCOM? Every damn time with this shit.

To the best of my knowledge, it is completely randomized. I've had duplicates many times (gas grenades are my fucking bane).

Well now I just feel stupid

>sorry bro, I'm still disoriented after you mind controlled me to run pantsless through the city

Gas grenades are great on supply raids only

what if you want a ayy holocaust

then be sure to bring some flamethrowers as well

then you definitely need the gas

ayys means jews, right?

>tfw still can't gas an area and set the air on fire

Okay, so then is there any mod to just remove weapon upgrades instead of having to make them free by induvidually going through each and every last one and swap them out for a lower tier one to make the higher tiers free again? I just want to remove them and then customize, I already have the breakthrough that lets me do it it just takes forever

Can Chosen have more than one soldier kidnapped at a time?

How the fuck do I "rush" mag weapons for L/I? Is it just a term for going for them early? I've got mod weps and biotech done, but I have no idea what the hell to research

Why does the game keep telling me it can't remember what mods were installed at start up? This shit is really getting annoying.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=658977800

Ya start mag weapons even when its at 28 days to completion. You should be able to stock shard guns against the earliest mecs which helps tremendously when you won't have access to bluescreen rounds, ap rounds, or haywire protocol.

>28
Mate it says 63