/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Cute stinky punk girls edition.

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Current Quake Champions news: October patch 'soon,' sez id. Saber devs campaigning for more vodka and less hours. Everything is burning!

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4

>(Incomplete) QC custom weapon skin showcase:
my.mixtape.moe/wrrdkk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play QC
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

2nd place with 5:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1Qmy5saNd0N
youtube.com/watch?v=CtuADjgE5d8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Wrong eye color

>Current Quake Champions news: October patch 'soon,' sez id. Saber devs campaigning for more vodka and less hours. Everything is burning!

Truly the wittiest posters are here in /arena/ except for you futa-fags yall need Volkerh and repentance

>no sick sideburns

trash/10

you're on thin ice

It was an honest mistake. I have failed the thread and, more importantly, have failed my waifu by posting such a pretty and inaccurate portrayal.

brb sudoku

quake 2 ctf with an offhand grappling hook

but default-head slash doesn't have sideburns, just a widow's peak

anyone else waiting for the patch to open their loot boxes

im saving my favor for the backpack open-athon

just idle twitch for more

or open them now so i can feel less bad about doing the same thing and getting garbage

Is the ice still thick enough to skate on?

Saving backpacks isn't a good idea since it's the only way to get runes which can have better rewards than backpacks.

Or just save them, and finish the runes after the update too?

There's no benefit to that

dont fucking tell me what to do

hey man do you have the mario & luigi pic with the similar filename

Not offhand, but it's popular enough that if you just google image 'chinese cowboy impression' it should be the first hit.

thanks, i couldn't actually remember what it said, just vaguely remembered it

I sharded out for the Q1 RL

Will I regret this I don't have any other weapon slots to buy things for other than the gauntlet

Goddamn do people only know how to use the Lightning Gun? Everyone just makes a beeline for the LG spawn and spams it every fucking time. Close range? LG. Medium range? LG. Long range? Just make a beeline for the enemy until you can hit them with the LG.

It's gotten to the point I actively avoid using it which is murder on my k/d since rockets can hit for nothing and every other gun has their own problems.

>except for you futa-fags yall need Volkerh and repentance
>futa
>implying we want a disgusting vagina to go with the pennis and balles

It's pretty lit. It, the Q1 SNG and the Q1 LG are my favorite skins

The Thunderbolt was the very first skin I unlocked (other than the doom 2 shotgun in an early reliquary- all the level up reliqs sure seemed to have better items than the twitch-dropped ones), then the Q2 RG, then I don't remember what but I unlocked the Q1 SNG the other day and was immediately able to actually hit nails for the first time since closed beta. I'm 100% sure it's just a placebo but man it feels so much better somehow than the normal offset nailgun.

LG is the kind of mid-range in every Quake it's in. It gets stopped properly by the rail in this (it's scary to close in with the LG with -80 or possibly -160 due to taking some rails on the way, this situation happens a lot in Duel), but it also wins too often from close due to rockets suffering the most from the poor netcode. Another annoying feature of the LG in this is that the pickup gives you max ammo already, 150 cells. Having to procure ammo for it in addition to picking it up used to be a thing

I think they're almost perfect value-wise, LG can't be too weak in this due to the addition of tank characters. If it did even 1 less HP per tick it'd probably amount to a way too great nerf already

When's /ourgal/ going live?

just thought i'd tell you guys that i'm marrying nyx and you're all invited to the wedding
except the dirty slashfags, they aren't welcome

Assuming I was still playing. I'm waiting for the patch anyways. These are just twitch drops

Romans is /ourgal/

then what is sqztoy?

/ourcumslut/

no sexualizing the sqztoy
no bullying the sqztoy

I understand that, it's just a fucking pain seeing every single player using it. Every time I check the post game stats the top scorers are all using it except me using the RL or RG. The only times I ever use the LG is during a quad run when I run out of rails or ammo for whatever guns I've scrounged.

It's such a fucking pain when I lose my stack or a skirmish because my rocket didn't deal any damage or splashed for single digits despite landing next to him. And in the back of my mind I think, "if I was using the same gun as him it wouldn't have taken five rockets to the face to kill". The only upside is my accuracy with the Rail is getting better and having to avoid the 4-7 LG spammers has helped me in choosing when to engage.

Then tell her to quit bouncing around and mashing them together after every round

How do we get her to just make the facecam bigger and lewder and the Quake window smaller?

>Every time I check the post game stats the top scorers are all using it except me using the RL or RG

You shouldn't use a single weapon. The guys with the most LG kills will often use it to finish people off after a rocket

Incorporate the LG into your playstyle and try to raise your hit %. You'll find that in many situation in which you're struggling to finish people off with rockets, you could have just swapped to LG and hosed them down

>Every time I check the post game stats the top scorers are all using it except me using the RL or RG. The only times I ever use the LG is during a quad run when I run out of rails or ammo for whatever guns I've scrounged.

Why are you making a point to avoid it? Don't "main" guns. Use them when you must. LG is a good all-rounder and good to finish people off and you WILL suffer if you avoid tapping into its usefulness

Just send her a green screen and some top shelf booze. She'll do whatever you ask.

So are we gonna crowdfund it? Better way of spending money than buying fucking loot boxes.

That's not what I'm seeing, most matches it's a dozen faggots running around trying to tase each other. I should start comboing more though, you're right.

When I said using the RL and RG, I meant the gun that appears in the post game stats, you know, displaying your accuracy and kill percentage, those two are usually the ones I use the most along with the Nail and SSG. I just really, really hate these LG spammers, the ones who never use anything but the LG.

I've been practicing my LG accuracy in Quake Live, mostly against bots so it's not as if I don't try and up my game, I just despise how it's become something of a crutch for players. And does practicing my LG against bots like some guides tell you how to do actually help? Never really got an answer for that when I asked around.

>I've been practicing my LG accuracy in Quake Live, mostly against bots so it's not as if I don't try and up my game, I just despise how it's become something of a crutch for players.

It's not much of a crutch because it's very dexterity-based. A 5% difference in average hit rate between players makes all the difference in the world

>And does practicing my LG against bots like some guides tell you how to do actually help? Never really got an answer for that when I asked around.

You'd probably be better off practicing it in QC. No bots, so just accept you'll suck against people for a while. Pick a tank character so you'll live longer and be able to practice more per life

Player named "Kerpowski" is botting. D/C and report if you see him.

Of course playing against real players is better training than bots, even the guides I've read said that. I'm able to hit 30% occasionally in QC, a bit lower depending on how many Anarki's are in a match, but should I completely discount Quake Live LG training?

I feel you should practice for the game you're actually planning to play

don't you fucking die on me

Is it just me or is mega a kinda shit item in QC?

i consider mega to be better than armor, if the enemy has a nail gun it just melts your armor

I really should. It's bit of a pain though when I just want to grind my LG accuracy, or duel against someone else to practice it either when I can do so in Live.

Not to mention the serious problems Quake Champions has that make it a pain sometimes to want to continue playing compared to Quake Live where I can practice how I want, when I want and without the really annoying issues that bog down Champions.

People don't use nails, don't lie.

Without GL the SNG is the only thing keeping people from pushing you around corners while you try to back out and, at 20 damage a hit, it does a very good job of it. The area under rail on dm6 is a fantastic example of where the SNG is useful.

have you ever spammed nails down long corridors, or used it to prefire corners when youve got quad

its pretty damn good when netcode is being nice

so whats the difference between health and armor? explain to me because im a bab whos first quake is QC.

Alternately on dm6/Covenant, when everyone's fighting over the Quad about to spawn just hang out on the bridge and unload all your nails right down the hallway. Guaranteed damage and probably kills every time.

Armor is a modifier which absorbs some of the incoming damage. That's it.

If you have little health and a lot of armor you will still die fast, because armor doesn't need to deplete before health does

I'd argue that health is everywhere in this game so it just seems more effective to get the red if you have to choose.

HOW THE FUCK AM I GETTING MY ANUS RAPED EVERY FUCKING TIME IN QUAKE CHAMPIONS WHEN THE HIT DETECTION IS COMPLETE COCK SHIT

>stopping sucking that qt butthole

"no"

>Good Idea
>Make a new Quake game
>Bad Idea
>Have it coded by Saber

god i wish i was that leather strap

enjoy your AIDS

It's obvious they wanted to free up the main team to work on something else. Probably the next Doom, since Doom 2016 was so well-received

lol

what is so funny

I know. Doesn't mean they couldn't have waited a bit longer before rolling this game out to polish it.

>not wanting to get brapped on all day by a gross scene chick
the only thing that disgusts me more than your lack of taste is your forgotten line break

>getting brapped on all day by a gross scene chick
you disgust me

i saw your first attempt you cheeky miscreant

In all seriousness, sometimes Ill shoot DIRECTLY at another player and it WON'T register at all. Is this because of the hit detection being based on the model itself, rather than a static mesh? I really want to know.

It would work fine either way, if it was well done. Doom 3 had per-poly hit detection even on MP and it worked fine

That's not the kind of thing that adds inaccuracy to registration

Any reason why the nailgun sometimes does 14 damage instead of 20?

It could prolly be the crosshair that's throwing me off. It makes no sense that there isn't more than one/a feature to change the color at all at this point, and the current one fucking sucks.

Starter nail gun vs Super nail gun.
Only way to get the starter nail gun is to pick it as your starting weapon, which you shouldn't be doing because the starter shotgun outclasses the other two by a mile.

has someone extracted all the voice lines for Ranger? Can't seem to find them on Jewtube or on the internet.

yes

Yeah I'm never going to git gud at Quake. I always seem to be on the backfoot, if I go for any weapon there's always someone there with rockets or lightning gun. If I grab mega or red there's TWO people there with rockets or lg, how am I going to get better when I don't even get the chance to use any of the weapons? I haven't had a game yet where I haven't gone super negative, sometimes I only get one kill a game at the beginning when not everyone has all the damn weapons.

Do you agree /arena/?

my waifu is tankjr, she thicc af

But if I use my waifu as my enemy skin that will make me subconsciously want to submit.

>shooting your waifu
>highest level

absolutely dishuhsting

ranger's third jump sound has reverb for some reason but it's the closest one i think to the HUH everyone wanted

vocaroo.com/i/s1Qmy5saNd0N

Now this is a reskin I'd like to see ingame.

Well where can I find them?

plebbit has a guide, it's been posted here before as well

No I mean I'll be shooting a guy with the super and hit him three times and sometimes get "20, 20, 14".

Hhhhmmmm someone already made a vid with all of Anarki's voice lines.youtube.com/watch?v=CtuADjgE5d8
I'd rather have my Slipgate shoved than that I go on Reddid.

Doesn't the nailgun deal splash? Maybe they got hit by that rather than the actual nail.

i'll upload them for you if you admit slash has a juicy dick

>grab the Quad
>only have the Super Nailgun
>round the corner
>spam it into someone's face
>kill us both

that's not what i asked for

>manage to beat everyone else to the Quad
>they're hot on your heels and all immediately focus fire you
>lose Quad before you can do anything

>play scalebearer
>get soul
>throw soul in my path
>use ability
>run over and pick up soul
>ez capture
why is this allowed?

>enemy messes up and i'm close enough to kill them with gauntlet
>lol here enourmous LG pushback because fuck you
I'm still not convinced it's needed on LG.Sure if i fuck up mid range punish me for it but close range why am i getting punished when you fucked up letting me that close.Makes no sense.
>but it was in the game since the first one
and?nobody stopped for a moment and said hmmm maybe it shouldn't have a ground pushback?

user that goes without saying. But just for you Slash has a T H I C C dick

if you have 80 hp 80 armor and you take 100 damage
you end up with 47 hp and 14 armor

Man, I love and hate Rapha right now. Because of him I've lost many reliquaries, I didn't know they drop from random streams (not only QC official twich channel). UGH! Someone punch me in the face.

>Because of him I've lost many reliquaries
explain

I've pretty much only watched Rapha from time to time (I have no time in life recently).
He has disabled Reliquary drop from his streams. If I knew earlier, I would spam the shit out also other streams with 160p mode.