Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FjV8SHjHvHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bullet!

What is the real reason Brick went to Florida?

if Veeky Forums practiced 24x7 for a month could it go toe-to-toe with a pro like tokido?

wants you to make a mess out of her

>mfw people are such braindead sheep that they play the worst fighting games out right now just because of eceleb esports shilling
capcucks truly are the most pathetic

>I used to hate Cammy and only played shotos before browsing /fgg/
>today I bought her 3 costumes and been playing her more than my main at my friend's house
What happened to me

Wich costumes did you get ?

None of them.

Is there any word yet if the Venom being put into MvC is going to be the fun 90s Eddie/Venom with an actual personality or are they going to make Venom into a shitty goo monster who just rors and has no dialogue?

Succs.

But user, MVCI is secretly the patrician's choice. Gets shit from all the community and has the least players but secretly has the best gameplay.

I'm with you on SF5.

why would I play jive

Tekken is screwed :(

I doubt they'll use anything other than Eddie Brock + the Venom symbiote.

It literally does not matter as the fastest attacks in Tekken are 10 frames whereas the fastest attacks in 2D games are 3 frames.

That's 7 free frames of advantage Tekken has over any other games.

I don't even main her

then why throw away money? you people are retarded

There are none for my main or my sub.

Compare playing a Mishima on PC to playing one on PS4
Yes it fucking matters

>it really does not matter meme

>Limiting the gameplan for every character means that people don't have to put much time into learning said characters, which is absolutely a limitation for accessibility's sake. The reason why mechanics like CCs exist in this game is that it adds a "random" element to it so that it gives the newcomer an advantage over the better player. Limiting character's range, hitboxes and walkspeeds and giving them really fast dashes makes it sure that people won't have to play footsie and just be in front of you in a matter of seconds, going back to the "press button/don't press button" pressure game. On top on that you have tons of characters who don't apply that pressure in an unique way, leading to that boring pressure game.

I won't waste my time picking this post apart, you do what everyone else who doesn't actively play does. you make sweeping generalizations just because all you have to base your game knowledge on is watching punk press mp with karin. every character has stubby normals, there's no walk speed, everything is mp/throw 50/50, no defensive options, etc. etc.

>Just to add to this, CCs by themselves aren't the problem. In SFV they added CCs AND a normal priority system. Meaning if someone does a random heavy attack just as you went to do a poke, you will 100% get crush countered every single time unless you also happened to hit a heavy attack.

>They went above and beyond to dumb neutral down.

That makes no sense. How does adding another element you should be wary of in neutral dumb it down? If you're standing there mashing on st.hp you better believe you're going to get jumped in on, whiff punished by a special, swept on recovery, or w.e else your character can do. CC normals do have start up and recovery frames in case you weren't aware.

epic samefag

I really hope the costume has the blue tint to it and isn't solid black.

the fuck are you talking about? one of the tekken top players straight up said he had to change his whole playstyle in the newer tekkens because it was no longer possible to react like you could in Tekken 5

shut the fuck up dipshit

>a pro (1 person in 8 billion) said something
>must... suck... dick...

agent venom

>getting BTFO like this
lmaooooooo

>How does adding another element you should be wary of in neutral dumb it down?
It dumbs it down if that element shuts down other options in neutral i.e movement and poking

>If you're standing there mashing on st.hp you better believe you're going to get jumped in on
Nobody mashes on st.hp you stupid fuck. The threat of a random crush counter normal is all there needs to be to completely change neutral.

>le btfo meme

>make dumb post
>reply to yourself with dumb statement
>20 (You)s
nice thread

I play her from time to time and I doubt my main is not going to get any new costume for a while

should hitboxes be accurate or vague in fighting games?

GOOBER INSTALLLL

>every character has stubby normals, there's no walk speed, everything is mp/throw 50/50, no defensive options
All of these are complaints shared even by tournament players, what the fuck are you on about?

The fact that you're asking this question shows that you don't play fighting games

Stop posting and go find another general

What dad rock band is Jack O supposed to be?

Bullet's titpussy

Michael Jackson

This is so sad
Bamco really blew it

literally her IK
youtube.com/watch?v=FjV8SHjHvHk

they don't need to be super accurate but they should at least try to align with the animations
sfv has some real dumb hitbox bullshit

poor user can't get any (you)s with his shitty unoriginal posts
here have one

It doesn't shut down whiff punishing.

>The threat of a random crush counter normal is all there needs to be to completely change neutral.

wow so you're saying you have to be careful and play a bit more nuanced otherwise you can eat shit for randomly whiffing buttons. gotcha.

This will never stop making me laugh.

GG wins again

You don't even need to hear it from a tekken top player to know T7 is a slow laggy pos

Go watch Tekken 5 tournaments and look how much faster that game was and just how much players were reacting to each other and not just sitting back and waiting for a whiff or unsafe blockstring

i havent played skullgirls much, but do people complain about the hitboxes being too accurate? i imagine stuff whiffs more often than normal in that game

Hitboxes have to be right, IMO. Not too big/long because it could be too effective, but not misleading like most of SFV hitboxes either.

>It doesn't shut down whiff punishing.
It doesn't need to shut it down, it just reduces it massively.

>wow so you're saying
I'm saying in SFV you don't play neutral you just dash up and mash buttons in each other's faces because that's how the game was designed form the ground up.

>unreal engine has 4 frames of input lag by default

UE is killing fighting games

sfv would be so much more fun if moves had real hitboxes and walk speed was upped by at least 50%
and the netcode was fixed and vtriggers reworked

>kekken

not really. most of the pros that have recorded interviews just want to see more added to the general system of the game. the ones that have been the most vocal about randomness, remove ccs, w.e, are gamerbee and infil, two players that made their names with sfiv, surprise surprise. shit, strider even told people to stfu and learn how to play the game on best of v.

Are you a shoto player? In general, I mean.

reminder that SFV is not SF because DP doesnt go through fireball and whiffing it means you lose 10 million dollars

i dont even play shoto garbage

no

stop playing on console you sony cocksuckers

JDCR looks like he's about to cry

> muh start up of fastest normal
That's false for this because no one react to those
What matter are stuffs that are reactable like overhead (or low in tekken) and total frame of normals for whiff punish.

remove vsync from console fighters!

So you're saying you don't play yhe game. You're saying that when, lets say snakeyez, dashes in its random. its not because he trained his opponent to sleep at the wheel. its because lolsfvdashnmash. you're also saying that strong players don't interrupt and punish random dashes. So yeah what you're really saying is that you don't play sfv yet you have a litany of armchair complaints about it because you saw a stream once. got it for real this time. no need to reply.

DPs are dishonest

How do I play Dhalsim?

>tfw you bought season pass in PS4
also playing locally on PC is a pain

most of the fastest dashes in sfv are unreactable though
if they interrupt them it's because they sit at a distance where a button would stuff them and mash that button """"strategically"""

can we see the skullgirls lag please.

I guess this is it.
Fighting games are dead.

ask broski

>you're also saying that strong players don't interrupt and punish random dashes.
literally randomly mashing jab

WOW SO DEEP GAMEPLAY SFV TRUELY I STHE BEST

lmao

>its not because he trained his opponent to sleep at the wheel
there's no such thing as "training your opponent" in SFV you just mash your buttons because the game has no defensive options. you make them block and then make them guess between throw or shimmy and once theyre knocked down you hit them with the throw/meaty loop

LMAO

that has been the gameplan since LITERALLY beta 1 in 2015 and it has not changed even remotely in 2 years. you play a mashing game made for literal kids lmao

Okay. It's just that I figured most of the people who share this opinion must be Ryu players, because I can play neutral and whiff punish with Alex but I know it's too difficult with Ryu if you want a full punish and not just a hadoken's worth of damage.

lmao

yeah, i think that's called neutral.

What SFV needs to do
>add an option to remove vsync on console like Rocket League
>add a 1-2 frame delay for online so rollback doesn't fuck shit up
>quit forcing people to go back to the title screen or training mode after a match
>fire Woshige
>fix whatever else faggots want

There

>fix whatever else faggots want

>mfw sfv has bred an entire generation of fucking retards

>not having your PC attached to a tv with couches in your room

how are you supposed to do that without it looking like a mess?

the good thing about capcom is that after MvCI's massive flop they won't ever make another fighter again so braindead jivers like you will just quit the genre once your mashing game for kids stops getting updated

The FGC will enter another golden age once you stupid faggots fuck off to other genres

>what is a jab check for 500

wow so not only is it jive but you've never played a single fighting game jn your life. i bet you think everything is done on reaction too you stupid, stupid, mother fucker lmaoooo

>dude let me post this out of context unrelated webm that'll show those jivers

lol

real euro hours

Looks like Tekken tbqhf.

the fact that you think this is unrelated shows that you have no idea what neutral even is

whiffing in tekken gets you killed very quickly

Tv cabinet + long hdmi

>gets blown the fuck out
>REEEE RANDOMLY MASHING JAB IS NORMAL
get combofiend's dick out of your mouth next time you post

>1st round of the first game
Are you being intentionally dull?

Ryan Hart is like a million years old though

the ironic thing about this post is that i've been playing games for over 10 years. if anything it's very telling that popular opinion gets swayed by whoever flings the most shit and makes the most personal attacks. not rational thinking. god forbid you do that otherwise you're a shill or capcuck or w.e.

Sure, losing a big part of the already relatively small fighting game population will surely mean a new golden age is upon us.

Play Carol's game

Morrigan and Carol's game.* And I already do.

People shat all over SF4 too, it single handedly saved the genre. SFV is doing just fine, the cycle continues

It's most certainly unrelated to what I was talking about, which was dash interruptions and their role in neutral. i wasn't talking about poorly scouted jump ins made by ryan hart at a yuro tournament. lol and I'm supposed to be the retard when you can't even think critically.

play a fighting game next time you post.

I'll play Hunter's game when she's out

sf4 didn't disappoint financially (the opposite) and the only people who shat on sf4 were sf3 luddites
sfv is shat on by everyone and especially casuals

Breasts physics in the school costume looks so stupid

>a big part
Cocksuckers who play whatever capcom and eceleb shills tell them to aren't the FGC though. You're just casual mashers who will go play other genres once Jive stops getting updated because MvCI was a massive flop.

The actual FGC, those who play games that are good and that they enjoy will continue keeping the scene alive while you braindead cocksuckers go play LoL like Marn did.

The "dark ages" were only dark because capcuck games died for an entire generation meanwhile actual fighting games were thriving. The FGC will go on without you pathetic faggots

both of those characters have unreactable dashes that's why they both stand at half screen and mash buttons because you can't react to a dash in
then one of them thinks fuck it and jumps in hoping to catch a whiffed button

epic fucking neutral 16er

yeah, that looks pretty dumb