Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA, November 3rd for EU.
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous Thread:

First for tummy bunny.

mash potats

>open first ever eoiii save file
>frontline monk
>fist mastery 10
>no fist skilled
>remember I rushed it so monk can deal some damage besides healing
>remember she had to be bodyguarded the entire time since low vit makes her a shit frontline character

How bad was your first party because the ingame descriptions are ass?

>EO1
>Maxed out the anti elements on my Protector

WHOOPS

>eo1
>got lots of skills instead of specializing
>I think I got passives first too

Funnily enough (or not even that funny, really) even with proper descriptions that still can happen.
How is anyone supposed to know that only a hand full of enemies ever use elemental skills if there are three damn skills to deal with them?

Passives are good, right?
I mean, they make EVERYTHING you do better instead of just one thing!

Sadly, they are often (but not always) just a drop in the ocean and you are not using a hundred different skills anyways...

>tfw no more nene

>Need to kill a tree sponge for a quest.
>EOU2 story party has good elemental attacks or binds that dont do physical damage.
>Dont wan't to switch classes for one monster.
>Dont feel like grinding for Fire Jars.
>Cant find any good elemental grimoires.

Are there any FOEs in the third stratum and above like this fucker, this is getting frustrating.

just burn it with fire sword and link order, stop being a pussy

Not really - at least they don't have any quests associated with them.
There is one that blows up for fatal damage on nearly everyone on death.
And there is one FOE that is less frustrating and more "will instantly kill your team and rape their corpses" - depending on your party it might give you more trouble than the 5th Stratum boss.

yeah, because landsknecht ran out of tp and medic had nothing to do when not healing, I thought making normal attacks stronger would be fine

holy shit

Holy fuck man, I just finished 100% EO3 and though I'd go back to 1 for some fun and that game aged weird.

I would if not for that spinning bullshit. Binds dont last long enough and blinding it doesn't seem to affect its accuracy at all.

In this case you are not really going for passives first.

In EO passives are not as bad as later on - skills often max out at 180% and the masteries and ATK UP go up to 130%.
Except for Medic where it goes up to 200%...

Double Attack only has a 23% chance but it can still be useful because of the way Preludes work in EO.
Essentially, they just add a second hit in the element of the Prelude. This hit is always exactly as strong as the normal attack - putting more points into a Prelude just makes it faster and cheaper.
So putting a Prelude on someone makes their normal attack deal 200% damage (often more because of resistances). Most skills never go above 180% damage. And Landy has a up to 23% chance to deal 400% damage for 0TP.

Also I just want to reitterate that Medics ATK Up 10 doubles their damage. And they also have Immunize.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but EO is kind of a mess.

>EO is kind of a mess.
Wow breaking news, all ds eo games are broken mess

Even 3?

Subclassing

3 is the second most broken mess after 2

How can I be of service?

You could try to install the American demo, extract the save file of the European version and then inject it to the American one with JKSM. More often than not, the save structure is identical between regions, so it should work.

Hello assholes, today we have a new issue of our exciting rubric "Shut up, autist". The theme is Warped Saviour. As we all know it literally bursts out of pupa even if it makes exactly zero sense as the fucking thing is like 5-7x times bigger if not more than actual pupa (which is already xbox hueg), you can even see pupa's corpse if you scroll down the model in the book (they actually bothered modelling this crap holy shit, wonder if full model uses the entire pupa or just the visible part). Disregarding the less autistic question of how fucking huge is that library's ceiling if this thing fits there and can move how exactly it's supposed to even stay vertically and not fall if pupa is supposedly not rooted into the place and why do we care if it clearly cannot move by itself (inb4 it's there and has loot)?

Nene

We kill it as a prevention.
What if it decides to move because the new tree is no longer good food?
The adventurers of Tharsis did not even manage to get past the first maze - they would be fucked.

Dumb bunny

But how exactly would it move? It's basically a mushroom in its form with huge top and a stalk leading to the place it was born from, unless it grows legs somehow it won't be able to move entirely and it doesn't seem like it can evolve further, in fact i think it'll die if left alone and sealed.
Thinking about pupa - it really seems like we're doing like the worst thing possible with it. Hitting something that's gonna burst with some eldritch abomination with attacks sounds about as smart as kicking a nuclear bomb to see what happens.

I'm sure this Himukai bitch looked different last week.

who isthe meme gir; of EO3?

b londe pr1nce ss

I wonder how they'd possibly remix End of Raging Waves in a hypothetical EO3U.

The Saviour has all the energy its harvested from Yggdrasil and very well could form or make appendages to move if it so needed to. Given that the chemicals we feed it make it such an impact on its combat abilities and strength its safe to assume it has a very volatile structure.

In regards to hitting the Pupa, it's probably because there would have come a point where the WS could have freely broken from its body and began wreaking havoc. By killing it early we probably prevented it from becoming even stronger.

I always lose at least one memeber to toxipede cause of poison
Am I just bad

She wasn't so overdesigned.

Even if it didn't break out, the pupa alone is still too much for most of Tharsis. And that thing can walk wherever it wishes.

You can pretty much search the archives of this general and you'll know if your statement is true or not.

Why would they remix that song over the others?

>actual feet

Himukai must just get lazy when he knows you're not going to see a sprite's feet in-game.

no, that's pretty much a guaranteed kill if you didn't bring dodge nene
just keep resuscitate on hand while you stick an ailment on it

Are there any good chain parties in V that don't use multiple Fencers?

I've had good luck bringing Dragoon and Necro. Fierce shield until you run out of ghosts, then line guard with Dragoon and summon more ghosts. You're only getting hit once every couple of turns, and it's not always poison. Pugilist usually binds it before then letting your Necro get more ghosts further reducing how many times you actually get hit. But yeah, that poison is incredibly painful when it inevitably lands.

Chains follow Prayer-boosted Sanzu, I believe.

You can use Fencer, Masurao, and Pugilist for it.
Shaman is pretty nice in combination. The last slot is bonus, but I loved the Hawk so I used it.

They'd remix every track like with 1U and 2U. Maybe remix isn't the right word, remaster?

They don't.

Chains don't follow Sanzu, other chains, pets, Blood Wraiths hits or even the mulitple normal attacks of 4kat - but they follow the double attack of Chain Fencers, if it is infused.

Just throw in Rover and Warlock for two activations and Shaman for a third as well as a 50% damage boost on Dance Oracle turns.
With Chain Couble you can often max out the 5 Chains anyways (3 hits with a 40% chance to procc twice) since using Chain All is often not that useful.
Between the buff of Chain Plus (another 50%) and Chain Boost (16% per hit) you are looking at solid numbers.

And you even have a free slot.

I'm currently going with Masurao/Fencer Warlock/Rover/Shaman. If you wanted to be fully optimised you could swap the masurao for somethin else but I like the class so kept it.

This looks like some sort of unlockable T2 skin...

My Dragoon and Pugilist can survive getting poisoned if I cleanse it on the same turn. They don't even die to a follow up hit unless it also poisons because my dog licks them.

Head binds help a ton, I rarely get poisoned more than once per fight.

If I reduce an enemy's resistance to an element with dance oracle, will it count as a weak point for alter?

From what I've read from western dataminers and the Japanese wiki the resistance manipulation is a lie and it does not work like Fire/Ice/Volt Rune of Runemaster or the Fantasias/Circles.
Instead it's just a damage buff to that element (including mixed skills with that element) and does not work with Alter or Life Siphon.

Addentum:
It is not a normal damage buff that gets added together with other stuff but a purely multiplicative buff.

If you use a Chain with Overexertion (+100% damage) you will deal 300% damage (200%*1.5) instead of 250% (200%+50%) like buffs or passives would be calculated.

Doubt it, it doesn't even try to move to attack you, it's probably way too heavy for its legs with all the future saviour mass it has.

At least it's just half hp instead of more than your entire healthbar like chimera does

pene

Her evasion increases if she has less clothes on.
Is Nene just really, really shy?

>finish demo
>torn between intense want to keep playing and the desire to not be so stacked with cash/ingots that it makes the rest of the game too easy
Can the full game just leak already?

In a chain party, would a shaman rather use dance oracle or mana oracle? Also, is invoke gods any good?

Seriously how imperials has problems with fucking heavenbringer if using an imperial on heavenbringer is borderline bullying

I tried doing this but my herbalist just cleanses before the centipede hits

Yeah, it's only the first strike that hurts, everything else is fine. Guess I'll try it again later

Dance.

>Invoke Gods
Never used it and I don't think it will do you any good in a dance party, the points are better placed somewhere else (the majority is in the class tree).
The only things I picked up on the A-side were Ancient Memory, Soul Grace, and Magic ATK Up.
The leftover points went into HP Up at the end then.

Can someone summarize the whole force system?

How do you get materials? How do you use them?
I regret not paying attention to the faggot potato.

Mana Oracle will only cause one Chain.
Dance Oracle will cause one Chain and give a 50% damage boost.

Invoke Gods is awkward to use (shaman_damage.jpg). Skill description on the simulator is incorrect - it needs three buffs and rips all of them. They can be restored by Ancient Memory (even before the hit happens) but you will still often need to rebuff at least two buffs.
Even with Brouni STR the damage is worth something and it can be ranged with a bow.
The damage decrease for the enemy can also be helpful.
But it's a lot of points to have one of your few INT attackers attack with STR...

To forge you need the craft mats or ingots. You get shards from dismantling +5 gear. 10 shards turn into ingot automatically. Bronze ingot increases level by one, silver by 3, gold by 5. To get equipment skills you need to forge it, level of the skill will be the same as the forge strength.

>force
>potato

Do you mean "forge"?

You get materials by killing monsters and collecting from gather points. Usually you can only collect once per day per node but there are racial passives that allow you to gather more often.

When you buy a weapon you pay money and some material you sold to the shop gets used up.
If you then go to Forge -> Strengthen you can use even more material to strengthen the attack values of the weapon and activate skills if any are present.
You can forge up to +5 which increases the attack (and the skill if there is one) with every new forge level.
With Forge -> Recycle you can turn +5 weapons into shards and 10 shards become one ingot. Normal weapons give bronze (mistranslated as copper in the Recycle menu because bootleg translation), weapons made from FOE drops give silver, weapons made from boss drops give gold.
An ingot can be used to forge a weapon instead of material. Bronze gives 1 forge level, silver 3 and gold 5. You use them if the material is annoying to get.

Nice. Thanks

nene fishing

Are the hall of darkness damage floor tiles actually high damaging? Because it feels like they do more damage than fire scales or untold damage floors

nene dancing

Usually its 50 damage for post-game damage tiles. I think it was not different for EOIV.

Ribbon Fencer is so cute.

Does one-two punch have a 66% chance at max for all 3 binding skills to activate or is it 66% per each binding skill?

penetra a la jenetta

What is this bunny for?

Running the inn.

It rolls for each punch separately.

Being super cute and happy.

Is the damage from dodge fencers any good? They aren't really able to act as the tank for the entire party, so I'm wondering if they can still contribute in terms of damage.

If dodge fencers dodges hell slash followup, does she sylphid the masurao?

Yes, with second name fuckery.

Sylphid doesn't really deal damage beyond being a trigger point for Sanzu/Chains, and Revenge Thrust means you're spending a turn not trying to draw fire. Not to mention you basically want to go naked for maximum evasion, which means less equipment bonuses.
So not really no

Swingy Sword Girl

There's a 1-turn kill on the 6th stratum boss with a dodge fencer.

>Revenge Thrust means you're spending a turn not trying to draw fire.
Except for the passive bonus of Lightweight that is higher than the Dragon's Roar aggro if you only have a sword equipped.
You aren't guaranteed to be attacked but it's still likely.

I honestly don't really get dodge fencer. She can't protect the party against row and all attacks, she can't do damage, what is she supposed to do?

Sylphid only counters enemies. And Hell Slash doesn't follow evaded hits.
So dodge Fencer and 4kat Masurao play nice with each other.

dodgy nene is the yggdroid of EOV

Sylphid/Revenge Thrust/Lure are all options for dealing damage. Rack up dodges and help mitigate damage somewhat for the line/party then fire off Revenge Thrusts.

So a useless meme class?

Against row and all attacks she can use Lure.
She is still very likely to evade and then everyone else in her line will attack for 400% damage. If there are two of them that's 800% damage which is nice - especially if one of them is a Therian Masurao.
Now if Lure meets a mulit-hit attack, it will counter for every single hit evaded.
There doesn't seem to be a maximum hit limit.

No, a class only smart people use.

Smart people don't use shitty classes though
Smart people also don't nenepost

So Conrad is NPC version of the game that teach you about QR characters.
Now this is the second time I see the character in the forest and both times it triggered a new adventure's log entry.

My question is, for those people who played the japanese version. Do QR characters also trigger a QR event, or just this one?

>shitty class
I thought we were talking about fencer, not harbinger?

What's a harbinger? We're talking about EO5.

What the fuck is a EO5?

The first one is forced to be the NPC guild iirc.
But afterwards those Adventure Events that involve another guild can have a random guild from your selection of guild cards - including those you got from QR codes and streetpass.

Smart people don't spend their time on north korean image boards about dos dungeon crawling

Holy shit, I went full retard with my question.

The real question is if QR guest characters trigger an adventure's log too? Because I'm using notes for everyone of these and I might drop it if they are just going to pop up everytime I get a guest.