/vrcg/ - VRChat General

How Do I Make Custom Avatar Edition

FAQ:
>What is VRChat?
A social VR application that lets you hang out with other users and chat using voice.

>Why the fuck would I play that?
Because you can be any avatar you can import and upload. Including being the cute anime girl/guy, or a character from a game, or literally anything you can model and rig up.

>I don't want to be the anime girl
You can also make pretty much any level you can think of. Examples include: the fucking moon, ripped .hack worlds, trippy hangouts, expensive penthouse pools, clubs, MMD dance stages, etc

>Where do I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/438100/VRChat/

>How much is it?
Literally free.

>Do I need a VR headset?
No, you can play on desktop. But, obviously, the full experience is had with a Vive/Rift/whatever. Anything that works with SteamVR/OpenVR will work fine.

>I'm gay
me too thanks

TUTORIALS:
Go to VRChat.net, click "Social" in the top right, join the Discord, wait until an admin gives you the VRChatter role, then check out the #tutorials channel. You can also just search YouTube pretty easily.

1ST FOR ANIME

Does VR chat support VRgluv yet?

don't think so? i hadn't heard about vrgluv until today

>600+ dollery doos for a vive
welp time to get a job

i'm pretty sure most of my disposable income right now goes into VR because of vrchat. fucking RIP me

Imagine the possibilities....

NOE AND COMPAT~~

Go be gay somewhere else

I thought you were at school nerd

>Go be gay somewhere else
VRChat is not the game for you.

born too late to explore earth
born too soon to explore the universe
just in time to become an anime girl

we're all going to make it bros

Stop posting

Don't worry OP , when you are gone I will keep this shit alive , just gonna save it . Have a steam or some contact stuff?

Finally some use for my fucking rift

To bad, I'm going to play it anyway and ruin it for you

this is it mein negro

Mods will ban anybody who is publicly being a shithead.

Yeah pretty much. Honestly the rules are 100% reasonable, but if you're gonna join and micspam racist shit or whatever you're gonna get banned pretty much within 5 minutes

Anybody know if I can get this shit running with Riftcat and my phone?

If you've got a good phone, a good mobile headset and a freetrack clip is enough to get you started.

Works fine for me, but as I said in you're gonna need a freetrack clip for positional and stop the bad drift that happens on Riftcat. You can also go the Nolo route if you've got some cash but not enough for desktop vr.

Yep, lots of people do that.

Are there any VR solutions like these available for iPhone?

>mind telling me to buy vive
>brain is telling me to wait for vive2 for better resolution etc improvements
they dropped the price so that means they're getting rid of vive1 stock in preparation of an announcement soon
r-right?

They aren't Nintendo user

No, Vive 2 is probably going to come directly from Valve, and probably isn't going to drop for quite a while.

I have a Vive, and I funded a Pimax 8k. We'll see if its a decent "Vive 1.5"

>8k
i don't think my rig can handle that i only have a gtx 1070 and a r7 1700 and i'm a poor student

It isn't actually 8k. The 8k X is full-rez 8k, and they state it will require dual 1080s or a 1080Ti to run. GPUs don't exist yet that could easily power that headset.

The Pimax 8K is actually 4k scaled up to 8k

>iPhone

AHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

BROCCOLI NO

infinite anime

Not gonna try to rip those tutorials to a pastebin to put in the OP or something to get a more legitimate general?

We have a good general coming up next time , along with the pastebin , we are going to try to get a buyfag for VR sets too , so if anyone wants to help it sure.

how 2 get rid of the shitty borders on the nicknames?

Yeah sorry. I wrote this up in literally 10 minutes during my lunch at work. Next one will be better.

You can't. You can turn nameplates off entirely with ctrl-n tho